April 26, 2024, 03:05:17 AM

Author Topic: When Men Stop Having Sex!!  (Read 2405 times)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
When Men Stop Having Sex!!
« on: April 23, 2007, 08:39:28 AM »
It is estimated that more than 20 million marriages in the United States are suffering from a lack of physical intimacy.

Contrary to popular belief, and something rarely talked about, it's often the man who decides to stop being sexual in a committed relationship. wow!   
As one 40-year-old woman told us: "You know, it was hard on my ego and self-esteem when he didn't want me sexually, because I didn't grow up knowing there were men out there like that." Of course she didn't. Men are supposed to want sex at the drop of a bra. Well, a lot of them don't.

My husband Bob Berkowitz and I are researching and writing a book about this topic. It's
called When Men Stop Having Sex. And What Women Are Doing About It. It will be published by William Morrow in 2007.

Last week, Bob wrote about why guys say they stopped having sex with their spouses. Now I'm going to tell you what women think the reasons are. (Please remember that our research is ongoing. We have hundreds of survey respondents, and will hopefully have hundreds more, so the statistics I give today may fluctuate a bit in the future.)

The majority of women, more than 60 per cent, believe that their husbands have stopped having sex with them because their husbands are depressed. Depression does lower the libido - and, with a cruelly ironic twist, so do many antidepressants, which can also cause erectile dysfunction. It is therefore not surprising that 40 per cent of our respondents claim that their husbands suffer from ED.

Men with erectile dysfunction, due to medication or for any other reason, will often shut down completely. They are ashamed, and see impotence as the equivalent of failure - of no longer being a whole man. In just a few short decades, men have stopped automatically being the boss at home or at work, something that used to happen just because they were born with a Y chromosome. And erectile dysfunction can be the last, limp, straw - the ultimate threat to an already shaky masculinity.

To most women, it seems extremely odd that with all of the drugs now on the market, 80 per cent of men with ED don't get a prescription. But the guys are so humiliated that they don't even want to tell their doctors.

We heard from one 53-year-old woman whose boyfriend is on medication that
lowered his libido and caused ED. She told us that he stopped having sex with her completely; they have not had sex in over a year. Because of this, he is suggesting that they end the relationship.

He feels that he can't possibly be someone whom she wants to share her life with. It broke my heart to read her comments:

"I feel that men allow their sexual problems to ruin a lot of really good relationships, MEN DO NOT HAVE A CLUE ABOUT WOMEN AND WHAT THEY WANT I want companionship, and if the sex comes naturally, that's great, but if it doesn't, then we can satisfy our needs in other ways. I believe that men think that if intercourse isn't achievable, then it is just no good for the
lady. I want him for the great guy that he is and all that he does for me otherwise."

The main reason men say that they stop having sex with their wives is anger, and women are aware of this. Close to 50 per cent of our female respondents say their husbands are angry, and that's why the men have stopped being intimate.

I got this in an email from a firend of mine. dont know how true the study is..but i am trying to find out now. interesting all the same
ANYCOMMENTS?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 08:41:04 AM by THE Polished Hoe »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: When Men Stop Having Sex!!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 09:12:37 AM »
this is mostly caucasian men,them white boys only want to play golf and racketball while pedro and leroy restin stick on white women.white people love to bitch,they emmotionally retarded,life is too harrrrd,my 401k is not enough,the dog needs to go to the vet,all these murrrders when will it end.stop bitchin,do more BULLIN.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 10:13:08 AM »
this is mostly caucasian men,them white boys only want to play golf and racketball while pedro and leroy restin stick on white women.white people love to bitch,they emmotionally retarded,life is too harrrrd,my 401k is not enough,the dog needs to go to the vet,all these murrrders when will it end.stop bitchin,do more BULLIN.

Nah I don't completely agree with that. Many men on this forum would not admit to it, but the truth of the matter is not always ED through medication, but I can theorize a few explanations from being around married couples and also my own experiences.
Pregnancy- While this is a wonderful time for every couple there are many men whose libido will decline especially in the last tri mester when the thought of sex is sometimes the last thing on a woman's mind and the thought of a man having to maneuver around his mate's distended stomach without causing discomfort is more of a turn off than anything else. So for at least 4-5 months without sex men will often lose interest all together. Adding to this is the realisation that their women will never again be that hot chick you were dating, changes the way men feel, as well as having a new baby around that will demand 24 hr attention.

This leads ultimately to feelings of depression wondering what has happened to your life as it is now not "Just the two of you"
Depression can also be due to where a man might be in his life journey and feelings of accomplishment or lack thereof again  symptoms of this larger issue shows up in the bedroom due to the fact that men use their wives/girlfirends as the reason they are where they are especially if their conversations have been replaced by conflicts (true or false?)

Kandi started a thread today which directly relates to this discussion about why "married men go after other women". For married committed couples the term "SAME SEX MARRIAGE" carries a whole new meaning and ultimately boredom sets in, however both men and women can be accused of creeping around. I am sure there will be many rebuttals to this and contributions but this age old issue is unlikely to change in your lifetime

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 10:44:10 AM »
Steups :devil:

If allyuh read all de self help books, one common theme that comes up (no pun intended), is "Goal Setting"

So, las Year, with de latest self help book in hand, I set a goal to have sex 4,500 times before I turn a certain age. :idea: :heehee:

Allyuh know I like meh maths, so i figure i got hit meh goal on Wednesday July 6, 2033 based on the average frequency per week.

Only one problem ... I need a willing partner.  An Mrs P. done tell me dat I shoulden set goals dat I do not have complete control over.  Ah still working on dat,

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 10:53:42 AM »
Kandi started a thread today which directly relates to this discussion about why "married men go after other women".
Mr Walker,
cough cough cough
"Why man who have wife or girlfren still look to track odder oman?
« on: March 21,
2006, 02:55:02 PM » ;D

Capo strikes AGAIN :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
you have such a way wid the english language :devil: :devil:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 10:58:19 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 12:36:59 PM »
Words from the master  :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 01:43:03 PM »
Capo thanks for the best laugh I am sure I will have all week.   :rotfl:  You not entirely right though, I know a few black/Trini women whose men if they give them once a month they getting plenty.  And mind you these are hot women in their 20s and 30s.

It is sometimes about depression and anger and that unfortunately knows no colour.

Lawd I love this forum lol.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 02:20:11 PM »
i think football stress is cause wood problem.

that is why FSC have some much enzyte and similar product ads.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 04:59:32 PM »
Tsk Tsk.....

These ladies here (in the article) are all very delusional

The men have not stopped having sex.....

DEY JEST NOT HAVING SEX WITH THEM.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 05:19:03 PM »
man does get tired beating de same ting year in year out so he turn he attention elsewhere and wifey jus dey suffering
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 09:14:45 AM »
Tsk Tsk.....

These ladies here (in the article) are all very delusional

The men have not stopped having sex.....

DEY JEST NOT HAVING SEX WITH THEM.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :applause: :applause:

1]; } ?>