March 29, 2024, 05:28:38 AM

Author Topic: Zone Defence Has Destroyed the Great NBA of the Old...  (Read 1625 times)

TrinInfinite

Zone Defence Has Destroyed the Great NBA of the Old...
« on: April 24, 2007, 11:16:16 AM »
I hate this zone defence, it makes the NBA a glorified NCAA, which is bullshit, I miss the days of isolation and man to man, calling the iilegal defence when Barkley use to for the refs. Now we have players who could waltz into the NBA as terrible defenders and their weaknesses are not exposed. Now anyone can make the NBA, basically they made it easier and dilluted the league. This is one reason why the die hard ballers like myself and many others I know have tuned off the NBA..

The reason for the big failure of the raptors to win against the nets was bc they were too timid against the nets zone and couldnt break it.. One of the keys to breaking a good zone defence, whether it be a complex box &1 or a triangle zonal defence is to move the ball and cause the defenders to collapse.. In order to free up another player, setting picks and not relying on the outside shot all the time. They have to put the team in foul trouble, which would allow the zone tuh ease up..They have to be more aggressive, its the playoffs and they playing a team that will drop into zone anytime they are close or winning..

God is de BOSS...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zone Defence Has Destroyed the Great NBA of the Old...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 02:16:07 PM »
I think the intent was too bring it back to the days of team play

It had a period where the man to man ting was gettin stale because the exciting creators was retiring and mediocre ball hogs was takin it to the rim every trip down the court...with onse setta low scoring games

I like the zone it does force man to run and break down defences as opposed to one man looking to hike it up for 40 and 50 points and missin half the time

One thing I dont like with the new rules is the quick fouls
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 08:31:28 PM »
This is one reason why the die hard ballers like myself and many others I know have tuned off the NBA..

You is the BEST!!!!!
Always good for entertainment.

On topic though, i agree with Dutty, the game was getting stale.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 07:31:44 PM »
when karl malone retired a new mailman emerged in the nba. a few of them actually. they are the "mail-it-in"-men. webber, shaq, etc.  .  i won't pay to see that. an individual's contract shouldn't take centre stage over the performance of the team. sadly, that's not the case any more.

1]; } ?>