April 16, 2024, 01:02:47 PM

Author Topic: Brown, Burns in Penn squad  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
Brown, Burns in Penn squad
« on: April 24, 2007, 10:14:06 PM »
    http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=161135483

Brown, Burns in Penn squad
Kwame Laurence klaurence@trinidadexpress.com

Wednesday, April 25th 2007

Track stars Darrel Brown and Marc Burns will wear Trinidad and Tobago colours at the Penn Relays in Pennsylvania, USA, on the weekend.

Brown and Burns are among five sprinters selected on the T&T squad for Saturday's men's "USA vs the World" 4x100 metres relay. They will be joined in Pennsylvania by Aaron Armstrong, teenager Keston Bledman and Kevon Pierre.

At the 2005 World Championships, in Helsinki, Finland, Pierre, Burns, Jacey Harper and Brown combined for silver in 38.10 seconds-a new national record. Harper was originally selected on the T&T sprint relay squad for the 2007 Penn Relays, but pulled out after sustaining a minor injury.

Bledman, coach Ashwin Creed and manager Dexter Voisin leave for the Penn Relays tomorrow. Jamaica-based Brown, and US-based Burns, Armstrong and Pierre are also expected in Pennsylvania tomorrow.

Voisin, the manager of the T&T team for the 2007 World Champion-ships in Osaka, Japan, told the Express the main goal at Penn Relays is achieving the 39.00 seconds World Champion-ship qualifying standard.

"This is the first time they're competing together for the year. We want to get the guys together and get a qualifying time. There are other athletes, like Richard Thompson and Marcus Duncan, who are not available because of school commitments, but that gives Bledman the opportunity to secure a spot. We'll be mixing the team during the season, based on availability. We're hoping for a pool of eight to choose from for Japan."

T&T have already qualified for the World Championship men's 4x400m event. At the Central American and Caribbean (CAC) Games, in Colombia, last year, T&T earned mile relay silver in three minutes, 02.65 seconds, 65-hundredths of a second faster than the 3:03.30 qualifying standard.

only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brown, Burns in Penn squad
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 10:16:01 PM »
Wish them all the best. :beermug:
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 08:54:58 PM »
Yeah cuz reports of Darrel's Mt Sac 4x100m race weren't particularly flattering but it's early still
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 10:38:34 AM »
Yeah cuz reports of Darrel's Mt Sac 4x100m race weren't particularly flattering but it's early still

well we will see if he is the real deal or not this year
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 10:59:38 AM »
Indeed.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 05:58:17 AM »
How did they do at the Penn Relays ?

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 06:01:09 AM »
ah hear de get thier buts handed to dem. They had to join with two other guys for a world team  :'(
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 02:10:55 PM »
ah hear de get thier buts handed to dem. They had to join with two other guys for a world team  :'(

Ah was expecting alot from dem.. :-\

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 02:18:33 PM »

Ah was expecting alot from dem.. :-\

me eh know wha to tink them them men jess eh performing at all at all. Ato say they eh running  200 that why the struggling so ...boy me eh know ... now yuh have tyson gay x man asafa  etc running well and they all under 25 .. As i will say this is a make or break year fuh burns and brown
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 06:31:50 PM »
Nah is early still. I more concerned about Kelly Ann first b4 them they have endless time and to be honest my first relays used to be awful too esp if I was coming off of hard hard training since October.  Then by May I would drop a big sub 9.9 bomb so give them time, Darrel esp since he has worked harder than in life b4 no doubt.  he proof is in Osaka, not April or May. 

If Osaka isn't up to par well we can panic then, cuz these are prime years.
BORN TO DO IT

1]; } ?>