April 23, 2024, 07:00:14 AM

Author Topic: Chelsea vs Liverpool  (Read 8805 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chelsea vs Liverpool
« on: April 25, 2007, 08:08:25 AM »
hmmm seems no one in here cares about Chelsea - Liverpool later?

Anyhow...... i have to back liverpool in this one cause i hate Chelsea and Moronio tooo much....and they are without 2 of their recent saviors - Ballack and Essien.  MUAHAHAHAHAH
------------------------------------------------------------
Moronio mouth eh easy nah  :rotfl:

Mourinho said he would have been sacked if he had been as unsuccessful as Benitez in the Premiership.

"Three years without a league title?" he said. "I don't think I'd still be in a job. In three seasons we have got nearly 60 more points than Liverpool."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6590823.stm
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chelsea vs Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 08:33:55 AM »
Liverpool has won a CL under Benitez, he leave that part out.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 08:44:14 AM »
You gotta love Mourinho... it's never dull  :devil:

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premiership/article2483848.ece

Mourinho has only scorn for Benitez record at Liverpool
By Jason Burt
Published: 25 April 2007

Jose Mourinho yesterday casually tossed a hand-grenade into the already incendiary mix for tonight's Champions League semi-final when, unprompted, he declared that he expected Liverpool to "chase" his striker Didier Drogba so that he is booked and misses next week's second leg.

The Chelsea manager also accused Liverpool of having only played "three or four matches" since January in order to concentrate on Europe's premier competition because, by then, they had already given up on the Premiership.

In, even by his standards, a virtuoso performance, Mourinho also questioned whether or not Liverpool were a "big club" under Rafael Benítez as they target cup competitions.

"If you are not a big club you choose one competition and you fight in that competition and forget the others," Mourinho said. "Big clubs cannot do this. We have to try the maximum we can. It's a risk of win everything or the risk of win nothing. It's a risk we have to take." Mourinho even went as far as to ridicule Liverpool's league record under Benítez. "I'm not a statistics man but in the last three seasons, including this one, in the Premiership I think Chelsea have had 60 more points than Liverpool," he said. "That's a lot.

"So if they are a great team in knock-out competitions, [and] we have to admit that, we have to praise them for that. They are a top knock-out team, but if you play in only one competition for half of the season then you have great conditions. And since January they have only played Champions League."

And what if he had, like Benítez, not won the league during that time? Would he have kept his job? "Three years without a Premiership?" Mourinho asked, incredulously, before glancing at the Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck who was an amused observer at yesterday's press conference. "That's a question to ask Mr Buck, but I don't think so."

That need to compete, by Mourinho's calculation, meant that Chelsea had played 27 matches and Liverpool only three or four - he even appeared to exclude the second-leg of the quarter-final of PSV Eindhoven. Indeed he was wholly dismissive of the Dutch champions while adding, as a by the way, that Liverpool had also qualified for the knock-out stages "through an easy group".

Chelsea, meanwhile, faced Werder Bremen and Barcelona - who Liverpool knocked out in the last 16 - and then had tough games against Porto and Valencia.

"The game before Barcelona, Liverpool was one week in Portugal preparing the game," Mourinho said. "We played three matches. We had a final in the Carling Cup, we had two games against Tottenham in the FA Cup." He then added, in a statement that may raise a few eyebrows with Uefa, that Liverpool used the PSV tie to "clean [yellow] cards". "There is another factor that can play." Mourinho said of the semi-final tie. "The fact is that they don't have yellow cards. They have the chance even to clean cards because for example when you see [Dirk] Kuyt get a yellow card in the last minute against PSV it's because he doesn't want to play the second game to [stay] clean for the rest of the competition. And Chelsea have [Michael] Essien suspended.

"We have a lot of players with two yellow cards and it will not surprise me if they will chase Drogba for 90 minutes to try and get him suspended for the second game. They are in a different level than us."

That level, Mourinho claimed, meant that Liverpool should now be considered favourites. "It is difficult to say but if you push me I think at this moment that Liverpool should be the favourite," he said.

"Our opponent has been preparing this game for a long, long time. And we are preparing this game since yesterday." It all added up in the Chelsea manager's mind to an unequal contest, with the Liverpool players, by his calculations, far fresher. "You think Steven [Gerrard] and [Frank] Lampard will have the same conditions to compete tomorrow? The conditions are different," he said.

The contest is also, of course, a re-run of the semi-final two years ago and Mourinho needed no invitation to discuss the Luis Garcia goal that settled the tie but did not cross the line.

"Two years ago we couldn't reach the final in two matches without goals," he said before offering praise to the Liverpool supporters implying they had influenced the officials into giving the goal. "They can be quite proud because in my history as a manager they are the only crowd I have seen score a goal," Mourinho said.

He claimed that Michael Ballack, who hurt his ankle in Sunday's league game against Newcastle United, will miss tonight's game and questioned whether Ricardo Carvalho, who has a tight hamstring, will be fit even though he took a full part in yesterday's training.

Benítez, meanwhile, said he felt the pressure was on Chelsea. "You could see that when we beat them [in 2005], how important it was for them," he said. "Also after two years winning the Premiership, normally you try to change priorities."

The Liverpool manager did not want to be drawn into criticism but added pointedly that Chelsea were "a very good team, with a lot of good players, very expensive players". As for that "ghost goal" by Garcia he had a simple reply. "I have a clear vision of this play," the Spaniard said. "Penalty and red card for goalkeeper. OK, we can talk about the goal, but penalty and red card, restart the game maybe 1-0."

It could be equally as tight again.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 09:34:11 AM »

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 09:41:01 AM »
Wah wah wah sniff sniff... ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 10:20:02 AM »
lets see what does two shit teams do today  :P  :devil:  :beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Papasmurf

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://footballawayoflife.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 12:27:23 PM »
Any work friendly links?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 12:34:34 PM »
where all d die hard fans boy  ::)  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 12:37:53 PM »
For those who ISP's support it
http://broadband.espn.go.com/espn360/

For other poor souls like me:
http://www.tvtuga.com/
Hover over Futebol Live
Click Champions League
Click Chelsea - Liverpool
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 12:39:49 PM by Peong »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 12:58:19 PM »
Salt yes, the link not workin for me.

Any other links?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 12:59:52 PM »
this game very exiting  :devil: seems like d liverpool and chelsea supporters gone to sleep on d forum, or maybe we have waggonist lol :devil: any way hurry up nah, manchester waiting to see who we have to play in d final  :waiting:
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 01:02:20 PM »
The Special One vs Rafa the Rotator.

Not looking like the fireworks of yesterday - yet.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 01:07:58 PM »
Epl vs Epl= Who is de betta Epl (team) For me is ah win win win situation. Man U win and this semis is all about Epl..... so shagg of haters..... of we league!

Sorry La Liga..... your turn next year.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 01:13:10 PM »
Drogba miss ah header...commentator say"this is de champions league lad throw yourself at it and if you get hurt who cares"
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 01:13:49 PM »
Chelsea all d way....cmon blues!!!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 01:14:57 PM »
Mind games, mind games. Now I'm reminded of why I dislike this man (MORONio is right!). Go Reds!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 01:16:02 PM »
all dem carvalho and drogba haters....... :P :P
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 01:16:31 PM »
he better than all manu defenders...
and dat is a fact
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 01:17:30 PM »
poor liverpool  :D  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »
I will support Joseeeeeeeeee in this one. If he had the record Rafa has he would have been out of Chelsea long time agoooooooo

gO dROGS , GO eSSIEN :beermug:

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 01:19:38 PM »
Man was saying that when they were down 3-0 in the CL Final or down 2-1 in the FA cup final...

Liverpool like Freddy Kruger, you have to kill he dead and put his remains in space
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 01:24:24 PM »
Man was saying that when they were down 3-0 in the CL Final or down 2-1 in the FA cup final...

Liverpool like Freddy Kruger, you have to kill he dead and put his remains in space
lets hope so, i rather liverpool in d final  ;D  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 01:33:06 PM »
dis game go end wid no goals 0-0 :P
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 01:34:02 PM »
dis game go end wid no goals 0-0 :P
um like your tv mash up...de game is done 1-0..
lol

Offline deltatau14

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 01:40:14 PM »
he better than all manu defenders...
and dat is a fact

carvalho better than vidic and ferdinand...................we go let dat one slide!

Offline deltatau14

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 01:43:01 PM »
this game very exiting  :devil: seems like d liverpool and chelsea supporters gone to sleep on d forum, or maybe we have waggonist lol :devil: any way hurry up nah, manchester waiting to see who we have to play in d final  :waiting:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: we go leave it as they busy at work have some issues or prior engagements cause ya know what fire yuh lighting by assuming chelsea fans are waggonists........funny none de less, with regard to liverpool fans, they just seem few and far bewteen on this board..........anyway  :beermug: that was funny ....i liked it

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 01:45:42 PM »
What a Goal- Carvallo to Drogba who powered his way and to Cole-
 Goal. Class is Class

Offline deltatau14

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2007, 01:48:15 PM »
we looking for crouch here in de second half leh we see wha going on in rafa head..............beat the scum!

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2007, 01:52:52 PM »
Raneri ah mean Rafa and his tinkering is his downfall.  Why is the Mali youth on the bench?

Personally I wanted at the end of the second leg its all tied up and they play extra time and penalty.

Offline deltatau14

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007, 01:53:04 PM »
here he comes ..................the GIANT!

1]; } ?>