April 25, 2024, 02:14:56 PM

Author Topic: Students attack Principal  (Read 1601 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Students attack Principal
« on: April 25, 2007, 09:45:20 PM »
BY RADHICA SOOKRAJ

TEN Form Five students of Gasparillo Composite School are under police investigation after the school’s principal was assaulted during a reported fracas at the school yesterday.

The students were reportedly being questioned by the police in the presence of their parents up to late yesterday.

Police said the school’s principal Radica Ramsumair sought medical attention at a private institution after the attack by students.

They said Ramsumair suffered injuries after she was struck on her back and pushed down.

There were reports that a length of wire wrapped with electrical tape was seized.

Police, however, were uncertain yesterday evening whether this was the weapon used in the assault.

Sources said the students were handed their CXC timetables at around 1 pm, shortly before they were dismissed

from school.

A security guard who requested anonymity said soon after, they started misbehaving.

“They began running wild through the school, normal behaviour for this school,” he said.

“Soon enough they started pushing down and hitting each other and that was when the fight started.”

Sources said Ramsumair went to intervene in the fight at around 2.30 pm, but was assaulted.

A call was made to the Gasparillo police station and a team of officers from the Crime Suppression Unit responded.

The students suspected to have been involved in the incident were taken into custody.

While awaiting interrogation, one aged parent reportedly told the police the children did not commit any crime.

Police officers said they told the angry parent that if the students were dismissed at 1 pm, they had no right to remain on the compound until 3 pm.

Police said none of the students admitted to being involved in any form of violence.

Investigators said the matter was handed over to Community Police.

However, officers said the students may not face prosecution because Ramsumair did not want to press charges.

Detectives said, however, they had to detain the students to avoid further violence at the school yesterday.

Several years ago, students set fire to the Gasparillo Composite school and five students were suspended.

Corporate communications officer of the Ministry of Education Mervyn Crichlow said action would be taken pending investigations.

“This is now a police matter,” he said.

“The school’s supervisor has visited the school and an investigation will be launched... We will take corrective action where necessary.”

President of the T&T Unified Teachers Association Clyde Permelle could not be reached for comment.

weather alyuh like ti or not this is wat cable TV do to a country it destroy dey send it to trini in ah barell
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
Re: Students attack Principal
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 10:44:45 PM »
Ent the powers that be decide that cutting they arse is the worst thing ever and go scar them for life?? 

I doh even want to hear it.  The inmates are running the asylum, because we want to be like the US with their stupidness. God forbid a Virginia Tech or a Columbine is in our future.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 11:09:26 PM »

She needs to press charges or risk losing the respect of the entire school (too late?).

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 11:13:47 PM »
Way too late. Take it from someone who has been in a lot of Trini schools in the past 2 or 3 years. Them kids ent give 2 shits about no teacher and definitely no principal cuz it ent have no cut arse behind any wrong-doing.  I sorry BUT I will never back down from my stance that taking that out of our schools (EVEN IF ONLY BY THE PRINCIPAL, CUZ I REALIZE AT MY PRIMARY SCHOOL AND COLLEGE THERE WAS SOME SERIOUS ABUSE GOING ON) has "spoiled" a ton of young kids who do whatever the hell they want now.  Did we who got cut arse for things as little as talking turn out so awful?  Some of you would be amazed at what passes for school behaviour now.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 08:22:13 AM »
She say she not pressing charges.........she probably afraid to do so........
Last night on news, I even heard one parent threatening to take legal action if the media aired the story.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 11:01:58 AM »
That THREAT is about as much as a grandstand as police raiding Zen. What B.S. To find what? To arrest who?  Steups.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 10:53:10 AM »
alyuh remember the western way the preacher had ah gun in he bible , jus now them teachers go be going to school wid gun and disguise it .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 02:03:36 PM »
What madness is this boy!  >:( >:(

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 07:32:07 PM »
I agree with Ato. Dem ah good cutarse! Attacking the principal! What trouble is dis?!

1]; } ?>