April 26, 2024, 11:13:11 AM

Author Topic: Stats for some top players  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stats for some top players
« on: April 26, 2007, 08:33:24 AM »
I was watching the EPL preview show on Mon nite, and one of the features was a new technology that tracks all 22 players on the field and records some serious data on their play...Its some high tech thing using a whole set of cameras and computer technology.
It measures the distance covered by players, percentage of passes that are accurate, also gives an activity map of the hottest places on the pitch where a particular player is, etc etc, it look real dread.

Christiano Ronaldo covered over 10km in the game on Sat gone ! (vs Middlesboro I think)

Could u believe that? Lord.

Steven Gerard I think was closing in on 12km.

That is remarkable, considering plenty of that is sprinting, and u still hadda control, pass and shoot.

Wonder how Stern john's stats will look like  ;D

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stats for some top players
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 09:27:46 AM »
 Champions league does do it too....Gattuso had covered around 6800 m by the time went off....Carrick had over 10000m in the ManU Mialn game...In the 2002 World Cup I think South Korea was running like 17 - 18 km a game...I not sure...Figo used to be a 10000 m man long time too

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 09:40:20 AM »
so how much u think stern is these days?

Coming to think of it, it coulda be the champions league preview show i was watching and not the EPL preview programme....And the ronaldo stats was vs Roma, not middlesborough.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 09:42:26 AM by Trini »

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 09:41:00 AM »
the first time I saw those stats I was impressed too....most midfielders that play the whole game cover at least 10k.....it seems like a lot but it's not dat much when yuh think about it.....

hopefully they'll put this technology to good use, and at least allow referees to access video coverage for goal line decisions.......also IMO they should penalize men more for diving after analysis of video coverage after games just like they did Adriano in the Serie A last week)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 09:58:15 AM by lickslikefire »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 09:42:05 AM »
the first time I saw those stats I was impressed too....most midfielders that play the whole game cover at least 10k.....it seems like a lot but it's not dat much when yuh think about it.....
dais talk form somebody who fit noa ss.. i does catch meh ass to jog ha good 6k now. steup soui to sprint that in a whole field madness..
pressure
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 09:57:13 AM »
dais talk form somebody who fit noa ss.. i does catch meh ass to jog ha good 6k now. steup soui to sprint that in a whole field madness..
pressure

steups, I cah run 10K if yuh give meh a whole day..

but hoe we is not professional footballers... 

if yuh was getting paid 1 million pounds a year, ah sure 10k would ah been easy easy to do in 90 mins  ;D...

1]; } ?>