April 19, 2024, 09:37:59 AM

Author Topic: Silvio ready to return for Connection.  (Read 3765 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Silvio ready to return for Connection.
« on: April 26, 2007, 03:02:59 PM »
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

Vibe CT 105 W Connection and Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Silvio Spann may very well be in the starting line up for the ‘Savonetta Boys’ next week Tuesday against Superstar Rangers after a long layoff due to a shoulder operation done back in January.
Silvio took part in his Club’s pre-season training but didn’t get the clearance to start at the beginning of the season missing his team’s first four matches of the Pro League, but now the 25 year old player is hoping to be included in Coach Stuart Charles Fevrier’s team for next week’s match.
“I am ready to return and I think that I am match fit. It’s now a matter for the coach to select me for next week’s match,” said the national midfielder who is also currently enjoying training with the national team under Coach Wim Rijsbergen this week.
Silvio Spann dislocated his shoulder while on national training last December missing out on the Digicel Caribbean Cup in January. He then traveled with W Connection to Brazil for a pre-season tour and had surgery done to his shoulder while the rest of his Club was in that country preparing for their CONCACAF Club Championship matches against Chivas of Mexico.
Now the national player is in a blissful mode for his comeback speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’, “When I had done the surgery in January the doctors in Brazil said that it would take two months to heal and then I would need to do rehabilitation on the shoulder, but the whole process took longer.”
“Now I am just happy it’s healed and I am ready to be back. I have been doing therapy on my shoulder all this time and even practiced with my Club during pre-season. We have a good physiotherapist at the Club from Brazil and he has been doing a great job,” he said.
He has also been working with the physiotherapist from the national team at Centre of Excellence, and he confirmed, he has another evaluation on Saturday and then the doctor would let him know if it would be wise to play on Tuesday, but from all reports the doctors are amazed at his recovery.
Watching from the stands Silvio Spann is impressed at the level of the game in the Pro League for the 2007 season.
He said, “There is more to play for this season and already we can see an improvement in the standard. I believe it has improved because of the incentives such as the car for the Player of the Year and the pre-season work that teams have put in. I am quite impressed with all the Clubs with the exception of Tobago United who I hope can step it up. All this is good for our local game,” exclaimed the 25 year old.
W Connection currently sits fifth on the League Table after a less than impressive start to their 2007 campaign but Silvio is confident of resurgence and blames the slow start on the teams rebuilding process.
“We are considered a big team but we have had a very hard load from the beginning of 2007 with the Caribbean Club Championship and then the CONCACAF Cup matches, so we didn’t have the type of pre-season sessions that other Clubs would have had.”
“Our team is young this season and is in construction, but I am not worried. We would get better and the season is very young. We would be back to the normal Connection and display our superiority,” ended Silvio Spann.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 03:12:07 PM by Flex »
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Silvio ready to return for Connection.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 03:53:38 PM »
Good ot hear... stay healthy Silvio

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 07:06:55 PM »
boy i cya wait to see Wim's Team for GoldCup. ah like a dam baby waiting on a bottle. 
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 07:09:50 PM »
Let this be the last time I hearin bout a Silvio comebak. Pleezeeeeeeee stay fit
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 08:05:28 PM »
is about time  ;D

Offline Papachunks

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 08:34:22 PM »
Theres a man that could get a foreign contract.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 09:40:50 PM »
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

“We are considered a big team but we have had a very hard load from the beginning of 2007 with the Caribbean Club Championship and then the CONCACAF Cup matches, so we didn’t have the type of pre-season sessions that other Clubs would have had.”
“Our team is young this season and is in construction, but I am not worried. We would get better and the season is very young. We would be back to the normal Connection and display our superiority,” ended Silvio Spann.

He say having preseason would have had them better prepared than the time in Brazil and against Chivas? Or is he saying they bun?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 07:46:33 AM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

1]; } ?>