April 28, 2024, 11:56:18 AM

Author Topic: Montano: I’m not involved  (Read 32378 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Montano: I’m not involved
« on: April 26, 2007, 08:23:43 PM »
Montano: I’m not involved
By Cordielle Street
http://www.guardian.co.tt/news14.html

SOCA artiste Machel Montano is denying claims that he fired any punches in a brawl which landed a 24-year-old Princes Town man in hospital nursing head injuries.

However, Montano, through his mother Elizabeth, admitted that he was at Zen nightclub located on Keate Street, Port-of-Spain, when the incident occurred early yesterday morning.

Hours earlier, on Wednesday evening, Montano held a private appreciation function for his band members, supporters, Government officials and members of the media on the Zen rooftop.

Members of Montano’s HD entourage, including soca artiste Kernel Roberts, were liming with the artiste at the time of the incident.

Roberts has also denied being involved in the fracas.

Montano supplied a statement to police officials at the Belmont Police Station late yesterday evening although he was reportedly not contacted by the investigators.

In a telephone interview yesterday evening, Elizabeth said: “Yes, he was there but he had to ward off an intoxicated guy coming at him and he had to ward off some ladies inside the club.”

“When he came out of the club he was accosted by them again, but Machel did not hit anyone,” she said.

“I know my son and the kind of relationship Machel and I have, if he told me he did not hit anybody, I believe him.

“Right now, he is feeling totally destroyed by the people who would say hurtful things about him and the incident, and they were not even there.”

According to Elizabeth, the incident, in which Russell Pollonais was beaten outside of the nightclub, has left Montano traumatised.

“Machel will speak to his fans about the incident at a later date because he was very traumatised by the incident,” she said.

“Especially by the negative publicity and the negative statements.”

Montano, who is scheduled to perform in Barbados tomorrow and in Tobago at the Plymouth Jazz Festival on Sunday, is expected to hold a press conference next week.

Elizabeth also said the incident may cause her son to migrate permanently.

She said, “He is thinking about migrating because he has done so much for everybody and tries to accommodate everybody and he feels that he is not accepted and loved.”

©2005-2006
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Montano: I’m not involved
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 08:25:13 PM »
Victim unwilling to call names

RUSSELL Pollonais, the 24-year-old Princes Town man who was reportedly beaten unconscious during a brawl outside Zen nightclub, is refusing to name his attackers.

Pollonais, who is hospitalised with head injuries, was one of the patrons at the club for the weekly Rah Wednesday parties where the incident occurred at approximately 2.30 am.

Three soca artistes, including Machel Montano and Kernel Roberts, have been linked to the brawl.

Montano and Roberts have denied any direct involvement in the violent incident.

Pollonais, who was hospitalised up to late yesterday evening, told the Guardian he was not willing to speak to the media about the incident, and would need a few days before addressing the matter.

He did give a detailed statement to the police, who visited him at the hospital yesterday.

Pollonais, who said he listened to various radio programmes yesterday morning from his bedside, denied that any of the people who were giving first-hand accounts were friends who attended the club with him that night.

“I don’t know anything about that. I have been listening to the radio whole morning and people are saying all kind of things... That is why I don’t want to speak to the media right now, but when I say what I have to say, people may not like what I say.”

The Princes Town man, whose face was swollen and bruised, had a few of his plaits shorn before a CT scan on the back of his head.

He was also expected to have another CT scan done of the front portion of his head. His left eye was nearly swollen shut and he was still wearing his “club clothes.”

His white T-shirt was splattered with blood around the collar. CS
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 08:30:19 PM »

RUSSELL Pollonais, the 24-year-old Princes Town man who was reportedly beaten unconscious during a brawl outside Zen nightclub, is refusing to name his attackers.

Pollonais, who is hospitalised with head injuries, was one of the patrons at the club for the weekly Rah Wednesday parties where the incident occurred at approximately 2.30 am.

Three soca artistes, including Machel Montano and Kernel Roberts, have been linked to the brawl.

Pollonais, who was hospitalised up to late yesterday evening, told the Guardian he was not willing to speak to the media about the incident, and would need a few days before addressing the matter.

He did give a detailed statement to the police, who visited him at the hospital yesterday.

Pollonais, who said he listened to various radio programmes yesterday morning from his bedside, denied that any of the people who were giving first-hand accounts were friends who attended the club with him that night.

“I don’t know anything about that. I have been listening to the radio whole morning and people are saying all kind of things... That is why I don’t want to speak to the media right now, but when I say what I have to say, people may not like what I say.”

The Princes Town man, whose face was swollen and bruised, had a few of his plaits shorn before a CT scan on the back of his head.

He was also expected to have another CT scan done of the front portion of his head. His left eye was nearly swollen shut and he was still wearing his “club clothes.”

he fraid nah..... Fear God and no one else oui......

God is de BOSS....

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 08:40:03 PM »

God is de BOSS....
see hwo headlines is.. de man say eh go talk. i feel he go take money and hush up. dais the track record.
i sure no one in here know that it had a stabbing incident outside red967fm studios and macehl and doggie slaughter was involved.
imagine u get stabbed and eh press charges..
steups..
allyuh doh worry machel go be wining low for canrival next yr and people go be paying to se ehim normal.
trinidad is de most indiciplined and fickle socitey ind e kiss meh ass world.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 08:57:17 PM »
God is de BOSS....
he just waiting to see how things going ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 06:13:50 AM »
De man waiting to eat ah food. Somebody go pay some nig dollars
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 06:22:27 AM »

see two headlines is.. de man say eh go talk. i feel he go take money and hush up. dais the track record.
i sure no one in here know that it had a stabbing incident outside red967fm studios and macehl and doggie slaughter was involved.
steups..
allyuh doh worry machel go be wining low for canrival next yr and people go be paying to se ehim normal.

but them ting is go on in the US to......ppl believe artist and ting follow different rules and laws

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 06:23:43 AM »

see two headlines is.. de man say eh go talk. i feel he go take money and hush up. dais the track record.
steups..

but them ting is go on in the US to......ppl believe artist and ting follow different rules and laws
but in de US machel is nuttin..
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 08:03:57 AM »
Hmmm its obvious some people having something personal against Machel....The man just saying he had nothing to do with the incident but some people see it as "he trying to take he name off de heat"...*shakes head*...Now if he is guilty I believe he should do the crime..but I will not jump to conclusions...Now I can bet my last dollar the Trinbagonians who are fast to attack Machel before looking at the issue on both sides are around the age of 40 and older....Alot of the older generations did not like the way the man sing and therefore think they now find a reason to attack the man...Now am going to listen to his song "what they say dey say"
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 08:07:46 AM »
Hmmm its obvious some people having something personal against Machel....The man just saying he had nothing to do with the incident but some people see it as "he trying to take he name off de heat"...*shakes head*...Now if he is guilty I believe he should do the crime..but I will not jump to conclusions...Now I can bet my last dollar the Trinbagonians who are fast to attack Machel before looking at the issue on both sides are around the age of 40 and older....Alot of the older generations did not like the way the man sing and therefore think they now find a reason to attack the man...Now am going to listen to his song "what they say dey say"
i am way younger than 40 i am in my 20's. and i think u not grasping the subtlties of pr and its purpose. No where in that article did he express remose for the incident as it relates to the victim. he has made the whole issue about him and what he has goen though. which is sheer crap. no one is jumping to conclusions seeig that it had eye witness accounts and video clips which are failing to be aired all off a sudden.
and as i said already this is not the first ciolent incident he has been involved in.

there have even been incidents that ahve been swept under the rug.. s stabbing incident outside red967fm. it it walks and quaks like a duck........

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 01:48:29 PM »
hoe i wit u...i in my 20's and have been told by pple present that machell was involved in provoking de whole incident...tellin pple who they think they are cuz he is machel...i real laff wit that one...apparently he really tink he de pope or sumting...
but Trinidad love machel too much...he eh go get in no trouble...say he lil sad piece to the press and everyone go feel sorry for him
Back in Trini...

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 04:23:55 PM »
hoe i wit u...i in my 20's and have been told by pple present that machell was involved in provoking de whole incident...tellin pple who they think they are cuz he is machel...i real laff wit that one...apparently he really tink he de pope or sumting...
but Trinidad love machel too much...he eh go get in no trouble...say he lil sad piece to the press and everyone go feel sorry for him
i with allyuh on this too  ;D
whiteboy if yuh say yuh people see it..well ah know for sure it did happen
de man ent even show no sympathy to the man lying in ah hospital bed
then he mother come pulling de typical "bandit mother' line.."he was ah good boy and he never do nobody nuttin"..steups
so waht if he traumatised?..gangsters doh get traumatised..he sounding like ah teeenager who couldnt get a date for de damn prom..steups
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 08:08:01 PM »
i am way younger than 40 i am in my 20's. and i think u not grasping the subtlties of pr and its purpose. No where in that article did he express remose for the incident as it relates to the victim. he has made the whole issue about him and what he has goen though. which is sheer crap. no one is jumping to conclusions seeig that it had eye witness accounts and video clips which are failing to be aired all off a sudden.
and as i said already this is not the first ciolent incident he has been involved in.

there have even been incidents that ahve been swept under the rug.. s stabbing incident outside red967fm. it it walks and quaks like a duck........

doh forget Montano crew beat KMC pianist last year in NY for labour day weekend

doh forget Montano slap on Carnival Monday

doh forget.......

*long flicking steups*

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 08:33:49 PM »
I agree with alyah too  ;D ,....but maybe he is just a misunderstood ignorant genius e.g ahh other misunderstood geniuses.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 10:02:56 PM »
he sounding like ah teeenager who couldnt get a date for de damn prom..steups
so I hope he ent have no Neverland Ranch in TnT wid ah seta yung boys. :devil:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 10:07:26 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 12:00:47 AM »
Genius. Yeah right.  Lara maybe. Machel HELL NO.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2007, 05:09:30 AM »
next thing yuh know he go have to visit ah shrink for he trauma..steups
not to change the talk..but he parents still on hard drugs?
Feliz

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2007, 09:26:33 AM »
Ah tief dis from a next forum...was modified wit photoshop

Apparently after the incident with Danah in Zen.... Machel's mother and Danah's father joined forces and Machel's mother said that her son in now slapping for God.

:rotfl:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 06:51:18 PM by Patterson »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 10:23:03 AM »
how everybody findin de lord dey minute dey leave Zen?

Soong name de place very appropriately in trute
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2007, 06:32:13 PM »
ah hope the pastor doh start to geh she he blesin . wat ah thing
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2007, 06:43:08 PM »
when she say "slapping for the Lord"
does she mean he can beat up people in the name of the Lord, next thing she go call for him to sing about "Killing gay people" like in Jamaica.
What lord she mean?
not mines
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 08:06:45 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2007, 08:10:57 PM »
when she say "slapping for the Lord"
does she mean he can beat up people in the name of the Lord, next thing she go call for him to sing
about "Killing gay people" like in Jamaica.
What lord she mean?
not mines
ah was wondering the same exact thing
Feliz

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Machel tells his side
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2007, 08:52:49 PM »
Local entertainer Machel Montano yesterday said he had no intention of leaving T&T.

In a statement, issued by advertising agency Valdez and Torry International, Montano also denied allegations of violent actions towards anyone at the Zen nightclub on Keate Street, Port-of-Spain, in the early morning hours of April 26.

According to the Valdez and Torry statement, Machel states that “he was in the company of a few friends, and without his security detail, when a female patron grabbed him from behind and started dancing on him.

“Machel obliged and the woman who was not known to him subsequently left. She then returned shortly after and started to “whine” (sic) on him. At this point he politely declined and moved to another location in the club.

“Machel then met up with a female acquaintance at the club and started to dance with her. The unknown woman and a male companion followed and proceeded to dance alongside Machel and his partner.

“Machel and his female friend moved away and were again followed,” the Valdez and Torry statement said.

“At some point the unknown woman’s partner threw a full drink with ice on Machel’s female friend. Machel then complained to the male companion of the unknown woman. The man then became aggressive and violent towards Machel resulting in him pushing Machel and Machel defended himself by pushing him back.

“At this point Zen security intervened and escorted the gentleman out of the club. About a half an hour later Machel tried to leave and was met with the angry congregation of the ejected patron and his posse.

“This group continued hurling insults at Machel and Johnny Soong. The same unknown woman then spat at Machel and threw a shoe at him. Zen security then surrounded Machel to protect him and move him away from the menacing group.

“Machel was escorted onto the pavement across the road from the club only to be pursued by the unknown woman and her female friends, one of whom spat at him yet again. Machel was then escorted to his vehicle by Zen security and left,” the advertising agency’s statement said.

The agency said that Machel “is disappointed at the totally distorted view of events being given and on his return to Trinidad will give a full statement on the matter to set the record straight.”

©2005-2006 Trinidad Publishing Company Limited
Designed by: Randall Rajkumar-Maharaj · Updated daily by: Sheahan Farrell

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Machel tells his side
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2007, 09:08:26 PM »
If I had some anonymous name that would not be said. I didn't even know anything about this until i woke up this morning to an email from someone I know who was 2 feet away from the actual scuffle outside talking about how Mr Man was threatening to spray people with gunfire etc.  This was sent to me by a concerned person and I was asked to say something about this and not let it get swept under the "trini rug".

Thanks for showing yuh cards though, cuz clearly you have something against opinions that somehow differ from yours.  You don't know what I know, both past and present relating to this and other incidents and I have ALREADY seen the damn camera phone film!

Clear this up ATO what does the film show? or in my granny words  is machel telling "story" ? does it contradict or confirm his statments  on the incident. 8)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2007, 09:40:28 PM »
Let the thing play out nuh.  He has now made a statement.  Let the accusers make their counter now.  IS all yuh men that does go movies and want to know the end.

Let me ask you this.  You hiring Anand Ramlogan unless you damn sure you have a case?  Would Anand take the case?

Hmmm

BORN TO DO IT

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2007, 09:41:14 PM »
uhm, its not a real Front Page it was doctored  :rotfl:
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2007, 09:52:12 PM »
uhm, its not a real Front Page it was doctored  :rotfl:
ok..like we get ketch bad  ;D
Feliz

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2007, 09:56:08 PM »
so all dat went on, with Machel on the other side of the road, and man still get beat up?  ???
plus he didnt have his security detail at the party?

Machel..yuh better change yuh PR firm...real weak 'story'  ;)
Feliz

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2007, 09:57:47 PM »
i readin de comments and wonderin cuz i put it up as joke and i  state the image edited wit photoshop...guess i shoulda bold it or something
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 09:59:28 PM by Patterson »

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2007, 10:15:43 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think this part of the drama is called dramatic irony if I remember mih high school education right....anyone else remember what that is?

You should have been taught that when yuh was learning Shakespeare etc
BORN TO DO IT

1]; } ?>