April 27, 2024, 11:15:29 PM

Author Topic: Montano: I’m not involved  (Read 32361 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Machel faces 5 charges.
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2007, 04:54:45 AM »
Machel faces 5 charges.
By: Jada Loutoo (Guardian).

Zen fracas follow-up

4 soca artists charged with assault, cussing
Magistrate grants bail
Montano wants case heard in July

Soca artiste Machel Montano has been slapped with five charges, arising out of the alleged brawl outside Zen nightclub in Port-of-Spain in April.
Also charged are songwriter/producer Kernel Roberts, son of the late calypso legend Lord Kitchener (Aldwyn Roberts) and entertainers Joel “Zan” Fezeck and Rodney “Benjai” Le Blanc.
All four appeared before a Port-of-Spain magistrate yesterday afternoon and were granted bail.
The four sat in a drab prisoners’ holding cell—in contrast to the glitz of a concert stage to which they are accustomed—but nonetheless centre stage in the Four A courtroom, where they appeared before Senior Magistrate Lianne Lee Kim.
Montano has been placed on $50,000 bail for allegedly assaulting Brandis Brown and Russell Pollonais outside the nightclub on April 26, and three additional charges of unlawfully assaulting Jenelle Le Chee and Gerard Bowrin and using obscene language.
He pleaded not guilty to the latter three charges.
The first two were laid indictably, and he was not called upon to enter a plea.
Roberts, whose bail was set at the same sum, had his reduced to a $25,000 cash bail after his lawyer Daniel Khan informed the court that there was an outstanding mortgage on the property he intended to use.
Roberts was charged with assaulting Brown and Pollonais.
Le Blanc, who is facing only one charge of assaulting Pollonais, was placed on $30,000, while Fezeck had his bail fixed at $50,000 for the two charges of assaulting Brown and Pollonais.
All four are expected to return to court on June 12, and Montano’s lawyer, Dana Seetahal, SC, said her client was anxious to have the case started sometime in July, since he has travel engagements in August.
Twenty-four-year-old Pollonais of Princes Town was reportedly beaten unconscious during the alleged brawl outside Zen during the early hours of April 26.
His friend Brown, 21, also suffered injuries and instructions to charge the entertainers were given after the file containing statements and medical reports from victims involved in a reported scuffle was examined.
Earlier in the day, the four reported to the Port-of-Spain Criminal Investigations Department offices on St Vincent Street, Port-of-Spain, where they were booked.
Montano and Roberts, dubbed in the local entertainment industry as the dynamic soca duo, took home the 2007 Road March title with the runaway hit Jumbie.
Fezeck’s teaming with Patrice Roberts for Sugar Boy earned him a third place win in the Road March race, while Le Blanc’s solo career, after his split from the Asylum band has also earned him accolades.

The charges

• It is alleged that Machel

Montano, Kernel Roberts and Joel Fezeck on April 26 at Keate Street, Port-of-Spain, assaulted Brandis Brown, occasioning actual bodily harm.

• It is also alleged that on

April 26, all three and Rodney Le Blanc assaulted Russell Pollonais outside Zen nightclub, occasioning actual bodily harm.

• Montano has been charged

with unlawfully assaulting Jenelle Le Chee and Gerard Bowrin at the nightclub.

He has also been charged with using obscene language outside Zen.

The legal team

• Dana Seetahal, SC,

represents Machel

Montano.

• Keith Scotland Daniel

Khan represent Kernel Roberts

• Felix Celestine represents

Joel “Zan” Fezeck

• Rajiv Persad, John Heath

and Shalini Khan represent Rodney “Benjai” Le Blanc.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Machel tells his side
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2007, 11:27:41 AM »
Show me allyuh hand now, lemme see yuh hand now.....show meh all de hand dem who doh wah no war no war...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Machel tells his side
« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2007, 01:26:48 AM »
i doubt very much if the police have a video in their possesion, at least not one that they can use in court. I could be wrong on this but i don't think a video sent anonymously would be admissible as evidence. I think any such evidence has to be verified with at least a signed statement or an affidavit from the person who took it. And that just ain't gonna happen.
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Machel faces 5 charges.
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2007, 02:00:20 PM »
Let the games begin

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Machel to answer charges next month
« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2010, 08:34:47 AM »
Machel to answer charges next month
By Indarjit Seuraj (T&T Guardian)

International soca artiste Machel Montano will go on the witness stand on January 28 to give evidence in his own defence to three assault charges laid against him following a fracas at the Zen nightclub, Port-of-Spain, three years ago. Yesterday, magistrate Maureen Baboolal-Gafoor called on Montano and three other entertainers to answer the charges against them after overruling no-case submissions made by the defence. “All four defendants are being called upon to answer the charges,” Baboolal-Gafoor said in the Port-of-Spain Fifth Court yesterday. Montano, 35, was accompanied by relatives and friends. The magistrate said after reviewing the submissions from the defence, she found there was enough evidence for the accused to answer the charges. Montano, 35, Joel “Zan” Fezeck, Kernel Roberts, 28, songwriter/producer and son of the late calypsonian Lord Kitchener, and Rodney “Benjai” Le Blanc are on trial before Baboolal-Gafoor on the charge of assaulting Russell Pollonais.

Montano, Fezeck and Roberts also are charged with assaulting Brandis Brown. Montano also faces further allegations of assaulting Jenelle Le Chee and Gerard Bowrin and using obscene language. The charges stem from a fracas outside the nightclub on Keate Street, Port-of-Spain, on April 26, 2007. A spokesman said when the trial was next heard Dana Seetahal, SC, attorney for Montano, would adduce evidence from her client while under oath. The soca superstar will then be cross-examined by prosecutors. George Busby leads the prosecution for the State.

Following that Roberts, Fezeck and Le Blanc will each present their cases. Roberts is represented by Keith Scotland, while Fezeck is being defended by Larry Williams. John Heath and Shalini Khan appear for Le Blanc.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Machel Montano guilty on five criminal charges
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2012, 09:36:44 AM »
BREAKING NEWS - Machel Montano guilty on five criminal charges
...to be sentenced January 17, 2013

By Darren Bahaw News Editor
Story Created: Dec 10, 2012 at 10:48 AM ECT
Story Updated: Dec 10, 2012 at 11:11 AM ECT
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/BREAKING-NEWS---Machel-Montano-guilty-on-five-criminal-charges-182817341.html

Montano, the reigning Power Soca Monarch and Road March king, along with Kernel Roberts, the son of legendary Calypso icon Lord Kitchener, Joel "Zan" Feveck, a member of Montano HD Family, and Rodney "Benjai" LeBlanc, best known for his patriotic song, Trini, were all charged with a series of criminal offences arising out a fracas outside the Zen nightclub, in Port of Spain in April 2007.

After postponing her decision on two consecutive occasions, Magistrate Maureen Baboolal-Gafoor, presiding in the Port of Spain Magistrates Court, delivered her decision to a packed courtroom this morning.

Montano was found guilty on four charges of assault against Gerard Borwin, Brandis Browne, Janelle Lee Chee and Russell Pollonais.

Montano was also found guilty of using obscene language during the same incident.

Roberts, the composer of several of Montano's hits, was also found guilty on two charges of assault while Benjai, who was charged with two offences of assault and Feveck, who was charged with a single offence of assault, were found not guilty.

Magistrate Baboolal-Gafoor adjourned the matter to January 12, 2013, after hearing pleas of leniency from the attorneys representing the two men.
She ordered that they remain free on bail pending her decision.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Montano: I’m not involved
« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2012, 01:10:38 PM »
man done start to put de memes on facebook...lordddd

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 10, 2012, 01:21:27 PM »
Look like he lash de wrong people chile

well at least we know the justice system does still wukk in T&T.

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 10, 2012, 01:32:04 PM »

Either way eh go matter.

Slap on the wrist and ting cuz yuh know is Machel.

Jail time go just mean he go win Prison Soca Monarch.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 10, 2012, 02:37:31 PM »

Either way eh go matter.

LOL is his 1st offence so he eh getting NO JAIL. Next charge is Fraud where the 5million dollar song he get pay 4 d independence?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 10, 2012, 03:27:11 PM »

Either way eh go matter.

LOL is his 1st offence so he eh getting NO JAIL. Next charge is Fraud where the 5million dollar song he get pay 4 d independence?

Dahs expecting too much. Creativity doh work with deadlines. And even if is a problem..dey could always have Section 35.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 10, 2012, 04:09:17 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 11, 2012, 08:40:03 AM »
Tickets 4 Machel Monday avialable Fredrick St Prison front gate. D Water Taxi will shuffle patrons from Carerra who wish to attend.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 11, 2012, 01:56:25 PM »
MMHD will not be seeing any jail time, Kamla & her PP government will ensure that.

We would quicker see Jack Warner make ah jail or the TTFF administration resigning for incompetence before we see MMHD do jail time.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 11, 2012, 09:34:07 PM »
Men rel fighting Machel boy whey sah.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2012, 11:02:24 PM »

lol...doh worry these same people will be wining to machel music during carnival.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2012, 12:02:31 AM »

Machel is ah ass... I personally witness dat fella slap ah deejay in Convention Center in Miami b/c he thought the deejay was messing up.  People laugh it off, big kicks "doh mess up de man set... kyah kyah kyah".  Dis from de same man known for cussing he own mother stink... over who knows what.  Question mih source if yuh want, but it solid.  I wasn't there at this Zen incident but it is in keeping with a pattern of behavior so it doesn't surprise me.  Whatever backlash he getting is well-deserved.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2012, 07:01:38 AM »

Montano was found guilty on four charges of assault against Gerard Borwin, Brandis Browne, Janelle Lee Chee and Russell Pollonais.

Montano was also found guilty of using obscene language during the same incident.

It have a law against using obscene language?

Mods, how cum allyuh eh lay any charges against those who break the law on this forum?

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 12, 2012, 07:32:21 AM »

It have a law against using obscene language?

Mods, how cum allyuh eh lay any charges against those who break the law on this forum?

we in international waters
I pity the fool....

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2012, 07:43:46 AM »
from the express today

"Ah cyah bear the thought that our Groovy Soca Monarch could turn-out to be our GOLDEN GROVEY MONARCH. Fadder put ah hand!"       ;D

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 12, 2012, 11:15:21 AM »

Machel is ah ass... I personally witness dat fella slap ah deejay in Convention Center in Miami b/c he thought the deejay was messing up.  People laugh it off, big kicks "doh mess up de man set... kyah kyah kyah".  Dis from de same man known for cussing he own mother stink... over who knows what.  Question mih source if yuh want, but it solid.  I wasn't there at this Zen incident but it is in keeping with a pattern of behavior so it doesn't surprise me.  Whatever backlash he getting is well-deserved.

Me eh even talking about that.

But as yuh bring it up, one thing leads to another
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 12, 2012, 02:25:19 PM »
Kavelle still in de picture?
whey boy!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Machel must quit or be fired
« Reply #172 on: January 04, 2013, 06:52:18 AM »
Machel must quit or be fired
By LAUREL V WILLIAMS (NEWSDAY)
Friday, January 4 2013

SOCA superstar Machel Montano must quit his post of TT’s Goodwill Ambassador to the United Nations (UN) or be fired from that post, because of his conviction by the courts on charges of assault and using obscene language.

This is the call being made by president of the International Radio Emergency Support Coalition (IRESC) Julien Mervyn Dedier. In a one-page letter dated January 1, addressed to UN Women Caribbean Sub-Regional Programme Director Roberta Clarke, in Barbados.

The letter stated: “Machel’s action is not in keeping with the United Nations’ theme on the elimination and prevention of all forms of violence against women and girls.”

Montano, the reigning Power Soca Monarch and Road March King, was found guilty by Port-of-Spain Magistrate Maureen Baboolal-Gafoor last month on four charges. The charges stemmed from a fracas outside the Zen nightclub, in Port-of-Spain, in April 2007. Three of the charges were for assaulting patrons Gerard Bowrin, Brandis Browne, Janelle Lee Chee and Russell Pollonais. The fourth charge against Montano was for using obscene language during the same incident.

Also charged with offences out of the same incident were Kernel Roberts, the son of legendary Calypso icon Lord Kitchener, Joel “Zan” Feveck, a member of Montano HD Family, and Rodney “Benjai” LeBlanc. Roberts was also found guilty on two charges of assault while LeBlanc and Feveck were found not guilty.

“Machel’s action and convictions, is enough for him to be removed as Goodwill UN Ambassador,” the letter added. Sentencing against Montano and Roberts is expected to be handed down on January 17.

John Hubertson of the UN’s public information department said that the secretariat office does not appoint Goodwill Ambassadors and it is up to UN agencies to appoint respective ambassadors.

Hubertson noted that the office had not yet received any correspondence regarding Montano. He was unable to find Montano’s name on the list of goodwill ambassadors worldwide and questioned whether the soca artiste’s title of UN Goodwill Ambassador was accurate.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 04, 2013, 06:36:04 PM »
Remove Jack fuss....den tork bout Machel
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #174 on: January 17, 2013, 08:25:18 AM »
just heard marchel get 5 yrs with community service unconfirm report.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:28:39 AM by zuluwarrior »
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 17, 2013, 10:51:02 AM »
LATEST: Sentencing for Machel Montano deferred to Feb 25
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 17, 2013, 11:10:42 AM »
LATEST: Sentencing for Machel Montano deferred to Feb 25

This country is a f$%king joke  ::)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2013, 11:22:49 AM »
just heard marchel get 5 yrs with community service unconfirm report.

excuse my ignorance but what does 5  years with community service mean? is that 5 years in prison and community service or 5 years of community service?

if you assault a woman in north america, its jail for sure, but in trinidad you get a slap on the wrists according to weary, trinidad still backward...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2013, 11:23:01 AM »
Was speaking to an insider in Trini last night, relative of one of the convicted, and she pointed out some things that kinda make me sit up and take notice... such as the fact that Benjai wasn't convicted, despite the fact that he was one of the two who were fighting, according to her.  That she wasn't called on to testify despite being an eyewitness... that one of the victims is a Pollonais, relative of some high-ranking lawyers in TnT... whose firm the judge on this case used to work for (and nobody ask him to recuse himself?).  That the victims just went after the two men with money.  Interesting points... even if you allow that she was being a little biased.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »
Was speaking to an insider in Trini last night, relative of one of the convicted, and she pointed out some things that kinda make me sit up and take notice... such as the fact that Benjai wasn't convicted, despite the fact that he was one of the two who were fighting, according to her.  That she wasn't called on to testify despite being an eyewitness... that one of the victims is a Pollonais, relative of some high-ranking lawyers in TnT... whose firm the judge on this case used to work for (and nobody ask him to recuse himself?).  That the victims just went after the two men with money.  Interesting points... even if you allow that she was being a little biased.

In a case like this, is there are obligation by the judge to recuse himself without being asked?

1]; } ?>