April 27, 2024, 07:30:40 AM

Author Topic: Montano: I’m not involved  (Read 32337 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Montano: I’m not involved
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2013, 06:56:00 AM »
Was speaking to an insider in Trini last night, relative of one of the convicted, and she pointed out some things that kinda make me sit up and take notice... such as the fact that Benjai wasn't convicted, despite the fact that he was one of the two who were fighting, according to her.  That she wasn't called on to testify despite being an eyewitness... that one of the victims is a Pollonais, relative of some high-ranking lawyers in TnT... whose firm the judge on this case used to work for (and nobody ask him to recuse himself?).  That the victims just went after the two men with money.  Interesting points... even if you allow that she was being a little biased.

In a case like this, is there are obligation by the judge to recuse himself without being asked?

1st it was a Magistrate and 2nd it is a herself to be recused.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2013, 07:02:07 AM »
TSTT drops Machel
By Joan Rampersad (Newsday).
Thursday, January 31 2013

Management at the Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (TSTT), failed to act on an instruction from its board of directors, led by former Police Commissioner Everald Snaggs, to cut sponsorship ties with soca star Machel Montano immediately after he was convicted of five criminal charges last December, Newsday sources disclosed yesterday.

It was only after the board met last week and again gave the directive to TSTT management that the company, which is majority owned by the State, withdrew its sponsorship of the soca star.

“TSTT wishes to advise at this time that it is suspending all existing arrangements with Machel Montano and the company,” the company said in an emailed release yesterday.

Montano has been endorsing TSTT’s bmobile brand for close to eight years, as TSTT, in turn, has made significant investments in the reigning Soca Monarch and Road March champ’s concerts.

On December 10, 2012, Magistrate Maureen Babo-olal-Gafoor found Montano guilty of five criminal charges of assault and using obscene language during a fracas five years ago, outside the Zen nightclub in Port-of-Spain.

Newsday sources said TSTT management was reluctant to suspend ties with the entertainer after the verdict, although they were told to do so by the board.

TSTT even continued to promote Montano among its main entertainment endor-

sers, and had scheduled him to perform in a mid-day show billed “Powder Wednesday” as part of its week- long Soca in bSquare concerts at Woodford Square, Port-of-Spain.

However, new advertisements yesterday announced that the line-up had been changed to feature KI & JMC 3Veni, Prophet Benjamin, Swappi, 5 star Akil, Cassie and Lyrikal, all backed by The Unit Band in a show renamed “Imagine Wednes-day”.

TSTT’s actions come after calls were made by interest groups for the company to stop sponsoring Montano with taxpayers’ money because of his conviction.

Also convicted last December was Montano’s bandmate and songwriting partner Kernel Roberts, son of late calypso icon Aldwyn “Lord Kitchener” Roberts, who was found guilty of two assault charges.

Montano and Roberts were due to be sentenced on January 17, but the matter was adjourned to after Carnival on February 25.

When contacted yesterday, Snaggs, TSTT’s chairman would only confirm the company had suspended its arrangements with Montano, but declined to state when the decision was taken, and the reasons.

All he would state was that the company was trying to manage information going out to the public and had authorised Head of Public Relations & External Affairs, Camille Salandy to be the only one to comment on the company’s behalf.

When contacted, Salandy referred to the issued statement then said, “I can’t give anything more than what I am authorised to say.”

But sources said following the board’s latest instructions, TSTT management called in Montano and informed him of the decision.

In its release, TSTT reiterated that it is a long-standing supporter of the nation’s culture.

Meanwhile, there have been mixed reactions on social media to TSTT’s dropping Montano from its sponsorship, with some commending the company for its decision, while the star’s fans sided with him. Montano’s mother and manager Liz Montano declined comment on the issue yesterday, referring questions to the entertainer who did not return calls.

Montano still has a commercial deal with State-owned airline, Caribbean Airlines Ltd which is a sponsor of his “Machel Monday” concert.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2013, 07:35:35 AM »
Tstt have no morality. Imagine they didn't want to cut ties with him, what example that setting.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2013, 12:23:39 PM »
Tstt have no morality. Imagine they didn't want to cut ties with him, what example that setting.

Kamla and she government eh cut no ties wit Jack Warner so whaz yuh point?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2013, 02:30:00 PM »

Kamla and she government eh cut no ties wit Jack Warner so whaz yuh point?
:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Machel says “I’m sorry”
« Reply #185 on: February 18, 2013, 02:59:50 PM »
Machel says “I’m sorry”
Sun, February 17, 2013 - 3:47 PM

Soca star Machel Montano has apologised to the assault victims involved in the fracas outside a nightclub in Port of Spain in April 2007.

Finally freed from the burden of competition, Montano was last weekend able to take his mind away from the stage and Carnival 2013.

The double Soca Monarch winner was found guilty on four charges of assault against Gerard Bowrin, Brandis Browne, Janelle Lee Chee and Russell Pollonais on December 10 last year.

He was also found guilty of using obscene language during the incident which took place outside the Zen nightclub, Keate Street.

Montano, along with songwriter Kernal Roberts, the son of calypso icon Lord Kitchener; Joel "Zan" Feveck, a member of Montano HD Family; and Rodney "Benjai" LeBlanc were all charged with a series of criminal offences arising out of a fracas outside the nightclub.

Roberts was also found guilty on two charges of assault while Benjai and Feveck were found not guilty.

Montano will be sentenced on the five charges on February 25.

In an exclusive interview with the Sunday Express, Montano took time to reflect on the last year and issued an apology to the victims of the incident at the Zen.

"Now that it has all come to an end," he said, "I take the time to reflect and I admit it has been an emotionally demanding year for me, to say the least. I travelled to different continents to record, completed two albums, toured the world and dealt with the unfortunate five-year court case before me. I am grateful to my family, friends, fans and well-wishers for all the support I have received.

"I'd like to express my regret and apologise to the victims and their families for the series of events that have affected their lives over the past few years. The actions on that day five years ago have produced unintended consequences and for that I am deeply sorry. My hope is that we learn from this unfortunate incident and become pillars in our communities to ensure these calamities never happen again."

Montano expressed humility and wonder in his ability to "still be relevant" in the industry and praised the works of the younger generation of artistes.

"What an amazing season it was!" he said. "Great music and art from all. There were many great songs from all the known soca stars and also the up and coming artistes like Cassie, Lyrikal, Yankey Boy, KI, Ravi B and more, which added great flavour to Carnival 2013. I am humbled that after more than 30 years of being in the public eye, I can still be relevant and also help support the talent and future of our music."

Montano also extended congratulations to Road March winner Austin "SuperBlue" Lyons.

"As I reflect on my season, I am very happy to have retained my titles in the Power Soca Monarch (which he shared with SuperBlue) and the Groovy Soca Monarch. I thank my entire team for making this dream a reality. The Power was quite a challenge and I salute SuperBlue for giving me a gladiator-like battle. It was great fun for me. As for the Road March, I say hats off to Super. We were all moved by his return to competition and performances. He is an iconic legend and deserving of all the fruits of his labour. I am truly happy for him," Montano said.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:32:49 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Machel says “I’m sorry”
« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2013, 06:54:35 PM »
Couldn't have been crafted any better than if a publicist had drafted it... not one time admitting personal involvement or responsibility.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2013, 08:49:22 PM »
Couldn't have been crafted any better than if a publicist had drafted it... not one time admitting personal involvement or responsibility.
:devil:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 20, 2013, 12:49:05 PM »
Absolutely well-crafted. I don't think that would be lost to the attentive eye.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 25, 2013, 01:02:46 PM »
MACHEL FINED, NO PRISON TERM
...Montano to pay $27,000 in fines, compensation
By Rickie Ramdass rickie.ramdass@trinidadexpress.com

SOCA superstar Machel Montano will serve no prison time.

Montano was this afternoon ordered to pay fines and compensation totaling $27,000, for beating four persons and using obscene language.

Entertainer Kernal Roberts was also ordered to pay a fine and compensation for assaulting two persons.

The ruling was delivered by Magistrate Maureen Baboolal-Gafoor in the Port of Spain Magistrates' Court.

The sentence had to be adjourned to this afternoon, because the magistrate became trapped in the traffic gridlock caused by the blockade of the highway by protesting Sea Lots residents
this morning.

On December 10 last year Montano was found guilty by the magistrate of assaulting Brandis Browne, Russell Pollonais, Janelle Lee Chee and Gerard

Bowrin and using obscene language outside the Zen nightclub on the morning of April 26, 2007.
Roberts was found guilty of assaulting Pollonais and Browne.

Joel "Zan" Feveck and Rodney "Benjai" LeBlanc had also been charged along with Montano and Roberts, but they were both found not guilty of the charges brought against them.

During the trial, which lasted more than five years, Montano had given ten days of evidence. During his testimony, Montano had denied the charges brought against him, stating instead that he was the one who was attacked by the group and spat at.

In passing sentence, Magistrate Gafoor-Baboolal said she had taken into account Montano good character, and that he had made a valuable contribution to the country.

However, the magistrate said that despite this, the two offences of assault occasioning actual bodily harm were very serious and the court had to send a message that such behaviour would not be tolerated.

She said that given the seriousness of the offences, she did not believe that community service should be imposed.

For the offence of common assault against Gerard Bowrin, Montano was fined $300 and ordered to pay $1,000 compensation. On the charge of common assault against Lee Chee, he was fined $300 and ordered to pay $1,500 in compensation.

On the obscene language conviction, he was reprimanded and discharged. For beating Browne, Montano was fined $3,000 and ordered to pay $3,000 in compensation.

For beating Pollonais, he was fined $10,000 and ordered to pay $8,000 in compensation to his victim.

Montano was told that should the fines and compensation not be paid by March 4, he could serve as much as two years in prison.

Roberts was also sentenced to pay a fine of $3,000, and pay compensation of $3,000 to Browne.

For beating Pollonais, he was fined $10,000 and ordered to pay $8,000 in compensation or serve as much as two years in jail.

The State was represented by attorney George Busby, while Dana Seetahal SC and Keith Scotland represented Montano and Roberts respectively.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:22:02 PM by Socapro »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 25, 2013, 01:09:22 PM »
MACHEL FINED, NO PRISON TERM
...Montano to pay $27,200 in fines, compensation
By Rickie Ramdass rickie.ramdass@trinidadexpress.com

SOCA superstar Machel Montano will serve no prison time.

Montano was this afternoon ordered to pay fines and compensation totaling $27,000, for beating four persons and using obscene language.

Entertainer Kernal Roberts was also ordered to pay a fine and compensation for assaulting two persons.

The ruling was delivered by Magistrate Maureen Baboolal-Gafoor in the Port of Spain Magistrates' Court.

The sentence had to be adjourned to this afternoon, because the magistrate became trapped in the traffic gridlock caused by the blockade of the highway by protesting Sea Lots residents
this morning.

On December 10 last year Montano was found guilty by the magistrate of assaulting Brandis Browne, Russell Pollonais, Janelle Lee Chee and Gerard

Bowrin and using obscene language outside the Zen nightclub on the morning of April 26, 2007.
Roberts was found guilty of assaulting Pollonais and Browne.

Joel "Zan" Feveck and Rodney "Benjai" LeBlanc had also been charged along with Montano and Roberts, but they were both found not guilty of the charges brought against them.

During the trial, which lasted more than five years, Montano had given ten days of evidence. During his testimony, Montano had denied the charges brought against him, stating instead that he was the one who was attacked by the group and spat at.

In passing sentence, Magistrate Gafoor-Baboolal said she had taken into account Montano good character, and that he had made a valuable contribution to the country.

However, the magistrate said that despite this, the two offences of assault occasioning actual bodily harm were very serious and the court had to send a message that such behaviour would not be tolerated.

She said that given the seriousness of the offences, she did not believe that community service should be imposed.

For the offence of common assault against Gerard Bowrin, Montano was fined $300 and ordered to pay $1,000 compensation. On the charge of common assault against Lee Chee, he was fined $300 and ordered to pay $1,500 in compensation.

On the obscene language conviction, he was reprimanded and discharged. For beating Browne, Montano was fined $3,000 and ordered to pay $3,000 in compensation.

For beating Pollonais, he was fined $10,000 and ordered to pay $8,000 in compensation to his victim.

Montano was told that should the fines and compensation not be paid by March 4, he could serve as much as two years in prison.

Roberts was also sentenced to pay a fine of $3,000, and pay compensation of $3,000 to Browne.

For beating Pollonais, he was fined $10,000 and ordered to pay $8,000 in compensation or serve as much as two years in jail.

The State was represented by attorney George Busby, while Dana Seetahal SC and Keith Scotland represented Montano and Roberts respectively.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 25, 2013, 01:27:44 PM »
They can't lock MM up while Renwar walks free for even bigger crimes against the nation!  :devil:

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 25, 2013, 01:29:32 PM »
Waste of forking tax payers money. After 5 years of court hearings the sentence is a 20 thousand dollar fine. Not even some community service or anything. This really needed to take 5 years. The Judiciary should be ashamed.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 25, 2013, 02:08:05 PM »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 25, 2013, 02:18:23 PM »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 25, 2013, 02:21:58 PM »
$27,000 in fines???? That's it.....you could get away with anything in Trini

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 25, 2013, 02:33:22 PM »
Compensation is less than the fine. Hellacious.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2013, 02:34:37 PM »
Waste of forking tax payers money. After 5 years of court hearings the sentence is a 20 thousand dollar fine. Not even some community service or anything. This really needed to take 5 years. The Judiciary should be ashamed.

Precisely meh brodda. Precisely.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 25, 2013, 03:24:02 PM »
It was always highly unlikely that Machel was going to be jailed for this.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 25, 2013, 03:24:50 PM »

Not necessarily.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2013, 05:14:52 AM »
T&T is de worst place in de world sah, you could get away with anything here...

SLAP ON WRIST
By LAUREL V WILLIAMS
Tuesday, February 26 2013

HAVING been convicted last year of assaulting four persons outside a Port-of-Spain nightclub in 2007 and for using obscene language, soca superstar Machel Montano got a virtual “slap on the wrist” when he was fined $13,700.

The punishment was handed down by Port-of-Spain Magistrate Maureen Baboolal-Gafoor yesterday after sentencing was on Thursday January 17, postponed to yesterday, which allowed Montano freedom to compete and win millions of dollars in several competitions during the Carnival season.

As he emerged from the courthouse yesterday, a smiling Montano gave the thumbs up and said he was moving forward as he has a legacy to carry on.

Baboolal-Gafoor was supposed to have delivered the sentence at ten o’clock yesterday morning but the case was stood down to 1 pm as the magistrate, like so many other commuters, got caught up in massive early morning traffic gridlock caused by a fiery protest by Sea Lots residents who blocked the Beetham Highway as they called for swift justice against a policeman whose car crashed into and killed a Sea Lots woman and her two children on Sunday.

Baboolal-Gafoor also ordered Montano — the Groovy Soca Monarch and joint Soca Monarch — to pay a total of $13,500 in compensation to the four assault victims. She warned that failure to pay the fine and compensation on or before next week Thursday (March 7) would result in Montano serving two years in prison.

The magistrate reprimanded and discharged Montano of the only non-violent charge from the incident — that of using obscene language. She also fined songwriter Kernel Roberts, who was charged with two counts of assault arising out of the same incident, $13,000 and ordered him to pay $11,000 compensation to two assault victims.

Wearing a broad grin as he stood next to Roberts outside the courthouse yesterday, Montano said: “Our work is not done, we have work to do. We have legacies to carry on and we have fans and people who are depending on us. We have a lot of people working under us, so we are not going to turn our backs on anything . We are moving forward and putting this behind us and going with full confidence in the Lord.”

The case was first called yesterday in the Seventh Court before Chief Magistrate Marcia Ayers- Caesar who informed the packed public gallery that the resident magistrate (Baboolal-Gafoor) was late due to traffic. The matter was then stood down.

When the case was recalled shortly after 1 pm, police had to shut close the doors of the courtroom as persons, most of them supporters and family, tried to get inside.

Montanto was last December, found guilty of assaulting Gerard Bowrin, Brandis Browne, Janelle Lee Chee and Russell Pollonais at the Zen nightclub in Port-of-Spain on April 26, 2007. The court had also found Montano guilty of using obscene language.

Roberts, son of the late calypso legend Aldwyn “Kitchener” Roberts, was found guilty of assaulting Brown and Pollonais. Two other artistes, Joel “Zan” Feveck (a member of Montano’s HD Family) and Rodney “Benjai” Le Blanc were found not guilty of charges laid against them arising from the same nightclub brawl.

Baboolal-Gafoor yesterday noted that at any point during the incident, Montano and Roberts could have taken advantage of the club’s VIP car park and left. She noted that this was not done. In passing sentence on Montano, Baboolal-Gafoor said she took into consideration his previous good character. She added that there were several testimonials presented to the court attesting to Montano’s “good character” and contribution to society.

On the offence against Bowrin, Montano was fined $300 and $1,000 in compensation. For the offence against Lee Chee, Montano was fined $400 and $1,500 in compensation. Montano was fined $3,000 in the case with Brown and $3,000 in compensation. He was also fined $10,000 and ordered to pay $8,000 in compensation to Pollonais.

Baboolal-Gafoor fined Roberts $10,000 and $3,000 to cover his two charges with $3,000 and $8 000 in compensation to the victims. On being told of the figures they would have to pay in fines and compensation, both Montano and Roberts smiled in court, before they left.

Asked if he would make a public apology to the victims, Montano declined to comment and ended the interview. Later in the evening, Montano took to his Twitter page and expressed approval of the punishment and said he was happy the case is over.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2013, 07:14:48 AM »

This thug aint going to change.... something in the future coming
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 26, 2013, 07:30:01 AM »
Judge is a great imps. Setting a example with a small fine, after 6 years? This thing should of been completed the same year.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 26, 2013, 08:32:05 AM »
I was wondering how his conviction impacts his visa and ability to travel to the US. I went to college with a fella who got arrested in his home country for drugs and lost his visa without even going to court (this happen even though his family was political connected) so I know the US can move dread. I saw an article in the Express today that says that Machel visa is subject to cancellation because of the conviction.

So for all his skinning and grinning outside the court it might still have repercussions for his actions all these years later. But then again Kamla might just give him a diplomatic passport if he doh have one already.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 08:34:44 AM by grimm01 »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 26, 2013, 11:07:41 AM »
Two setta laws in TnT - one for the rich privileged and one set for the destitute  and downtrodden.
What ever happened to the minister's son who planass ah man?
Whatever happened to the son of a rich business man in Grande who allegedly murdered a young gyul about a year ago?
How could a junior minister  get away from ah breathalyser test outside Zen?
I mean the examples go on and on......this case is another example of the polarization in our society

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 26, 2013, 11:35:42 AM »
That reporter eh even make any pretense of objectivity.  The judge did the proper thing (in light of the arguments raised by Dana), in postponing sentencing until now... very irresponsible of the journalist to insinuate that it was done so as to let Machel make he millions fuh carnival.  As for the notion that this is a "slap on the wrist"... where is the data that shows what the usual range of sentence/fine is for this particular charge?  How does this stack up... more/less lenient?  Irresponsible journalism... and I not even a Machel fan.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 26, 2013, 12:18:49 PM »

Not necessarily.

What do you have in mind?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 26, 2013, 03:36:28 PM »
That reporter eh even make any pretense of objectivity.  The judge did the proper thing (in light of the arguments raised by Dana), in postponing sentencing until now... very irresponsible of the journalist to insinuate that it was done so as to let Machel make he millions fuh carnival.  As for the notion that this is a "slap on the wrist"...where is the data that shows what the usual range of sentence/fine is for this particular charge?  How does this stack up... more/less lenient?  Irresponsible journalism... and I not even a Machel fan.
That's the question right there. I went through from page one of this thread and scanned through to look for the penalties for such charges and couldn't find anything, not even estimates of what the minimum or maximum senario's could be for being found guilty for the charges. So it's tough to say for sure if he got a slap on the wrist but I still personally feel that penalties the were very lenient I just have nothing to compare it to.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 26, 2013, 03:56:34 PM »

From a purely rhetorical standpoint it is entirely feasible that the injuries actually caused by Machel were less than the criminal penalties in place.  This is a strange (though not unusual) brew of criminal and civil penalties and the two really don't need to correlate.

Soccerman... the CJ just two years ago publish a book of sentencing guidelines. Up until now judges and magistrates was just making up they own thing... so of course we end up with glaring inconsistencies... and injustices.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 26, 2013, 06:17:55 PM »
Now that I know what you're referring to, I'll comment.

From a purely rhetorical standpoint it is entirely feasible that the injuries actually caused by Machel were less than the criminal penalties in place.  This is a strange (though not unusual) brew of criminal and civil penalties and the two really don't need to correlate.

Soccerman... the CJ just two years ago publish a book of sentencing guidelines. Up until now judges and magistrates was just making up they own thing... so of course we end up with glaring inconsistencies... and injustices.

Lamentable state of affairs. To be fair though ... because the impression could be created that no other actors have been addressing this, you should note that (Messrs. Jamadar and Mohammed aside), the powers that be moved to address this matter via the Sentencing Commission. It's been a longstanding plague. 

RE: the "up until now ..." part ...

While the publication presents historical parameters, I don't know that the unfettered discretion that existed pre-publication is now formally restricted or bound. 

(Jamadar is a thoughtful man. Went to the same school as Carmona).

You will find no argument here regarding the correlation point. Certainly not the direction I was heading in. Instinctively I find the outcome incongruous but not otherwise.

In closing, I now await Rachel P's promised comments on the incident and her contention that she was there and up to now no one has asked her squat.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 06:23:48 PM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>