April 27, 2024, 02:40:06 PM

Author Topic: Call ups for Gold Cup & Olympic squads.  (Read 34240 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Call ups for Gold Cup & Olympic squads.
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2007, 12:57:45 PM »
>:(

There goes our chance of lifting the cup

our best keeper out

3 of our best back 4 out(A.John,C.Gray,B.Sancho)

3 of our best mid out(A.Whitley,C.Birchall,C.Samuel)

2 of our best strikers out(STERN JOHN,k.jones)

Well done TTFF you f**king arseholes

FIX THE PROBLEM

Daiz de spirit Small Mag. Yuh comin' of age. Spread de word
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2007, 01:23:29 PM »

our best keeper out

FIX THE PROBLEM

mit e as well say das our best team out...

cuz all those players woulda be startin....

how Wim as a coach could go into this tourney confident....I dont know...

good luck to them tho... ??? :'( >:(

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2007, 01:33:30 PM »
Anybody know if there is a new attitude/awareness in players protectin' demselves dis time over guaranteed rights and dues when they sign up for de Concacaf Gold Cup?...... or is Jackula going to be laughin' all de way to de bank and offering the players 48 dullas, 2 doubles and a red Solo if we reach de semifinals?

Ah tired of us not learnin' any lessons man!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline future socawarrior

• Jr. Warrior
  • I can accept failure but i cant accept not trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2007, 05:02:49 PM »
For Olympics

What about defenders like : Yohance Marshall, Julius James, Makan Hislop...
Midfielders: Kevon Nieves, Guerra, Peltier, .....
Fowards: Patterson, Sealy,....

The coaches make these picks and give no reason for their choices. And we have to settle for that. No kind of report. They choose these teams and pick these players with no trials, no anouncements, and forget about players abroad. I play college ball in the US and i never heard about an Olympic team being anounced. But this is Trini and we will fall short again because they do not ever field the best 11 at that time.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2007, 05:08:24 PM »
For Olympics

The coaches make these picks and give no reason for their choices. And we have to settle for that. No kind of report. They choose these teams and pick these players with no trials, no anouncements, and forget about players abroad. I play college ball in the US and i never heard about an Olympic team being anounced. But this is Trini and we will fall short again because they do not ever field the best 11 at that time.
julius james and sealy to old wha univeristy yuh play for?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2007, 06:03:03 PM »
For Olympics

yeah i know i never hear anything about that shit. but i hope soon i will. all i have to tell yuh youngwarrior WECOME TO THE CLUB.
All American

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2007, 07:47:16 PM »
Bring Kenwyne Jones. Ah hope he coming later. And I dont like the quality of Goalies we going with. None of them i trust

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2007, 03:10:04 AM »
Bring Kenwyne Jones. Ah hope he coming later. And I dont like the quality of Goalies we going with. None of them i trust
LAWO, trust meh, ince real nice bredren. and to further prove that, the man have a whole heap of shot outs for the season.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2007, 04:31:47 AM »
Yuh know what real interesting about this;

Now ah eh have time right now to go and look for the discussion thread, perhaps later, but wasn't there an earlier discussion about this blacklist (about 1 month ago)?
And ah might have the facts wrong, but didn't de TTFF say dem aint know nutten bout no blacklist (ah tink is Scamps who say so)?

And Wim did say was between him and de TTFF?  He sounded like it had a blacklist, but didn't want to say so.

Den how come all of a sudden it against FIFA rules to include players dat suing dey Federation?.....How come I never hear bout dis rule before?  And hence the "blacklist"

Fuh de folks who done buy dey tickets (game and airfare/bus fare) ah hope all yuh walking wid a placard or 2, because dis is bull shit. 

Weary, I wid you.....ah just get mih Warrior Nation T-shirt and ah eh get ah opportunity to wear it to any international games andi it seem like ah eh going to be putting it on no time soon.....

LET DE TTFF, JACKULA AND HE CROONIES HAUL DEY ARSE!!!      And one last thing.....

DENNiS LAWRENCE ah real disappointed in yuh!!!!......yuh bend over and let dem give it to yuh good and proper.....

Ah wish de team well, but ah real sad.....dat some men cyar put aside dey greed for de good of we football....

As for calling a protest, ah realise dat we would only protest en masse if dey cancel Carnival one year, other than dat.....leave it so, we like it so

When all yuh serious, call me.....ah goh be home with no team to support.....

Stteeeeuuupppsssss!!!!!!     
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2007, 05:03:13 AM »
Dis getting nice in here.       FIGHT DE POWER

nuts.... hot nuts......
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2007, 06:40:43 AM »
LAWO, trust meh, ince real nice bredren. and to further prove that, the man have a whole heap of shot outs for the season.

ince is a boos he save in bout 3 gold cup and play in most of t&t caribbean title wins
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2007, 12:32:47 PM »

our best keeper out

FIX THE PROBLEM

mit e as well say das our best team out...

cuz all those players woulda be startin....

how Wim as a coach could go into this tourney confident....I dont know...

good luck to them tho... ??? :'( >:(

Ince is our best keeper.... other than Shaka... our best striker at the moment is Roberts.. who is playing at a much higher level of football than Stern John... and Roberts is younger.. Scotland is bussin net regularly, our only missing striker is Kenwyne, who will be missed... Whitley is not our best mid, the only person we missing from our line-up who is our best left winger is samuel, birchall's position could be filled by noel or jaggy, plus they handle the ball better than birchall... even rahim handles the ball better than birchall, if thats not enough drop spann in the stopper position and see how well the build up in attack will work for us, yes we are gonna miss gray and especially sancho, i say more sancho, bc we have thomas or spann to play right back, spann is a diamond in the back and is younger... so really and truly we are only missing 3 players from our squad... stern is class but we have younger strikers who running and playing a diff type of striking role than stern, what stern USE to play... so whyman so worried, juss as long as we get these 3 back by WC time we good...

We can still winthe Gold cup... by the way, with theobald, edwards and hardest in de middle, we have 3 times more ability to score than the 3 mids you mentioned...

God is de BOSS...

I agree with u sayin Ince is our best keeper...other dan Skaka.....das bt it dey...

Roberts is NOT our best striker at the moment....wat is your asuption based on??.....

Birchalls position could not be filled by Trent Noel and/or Jagdeosingh....even if they BOTH try 2 fit in the same no 7 TT shirt...

How many times has jason Scotland scored for TT.....not questioning his quality here...but think abt it...

Clyde Leon is the defensive midfielder here.....so if its 5 in d middle...is Hardest and Bleeder in front him....

all in all....Im still not expecting much from this team...
really hope they surprise me tho...

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2007, 01:05:51 PM »
you know what? the foreigers called up are still the ones i'd like to see in the gold cup. alll the others  not having the best of seasons.
  at least we doh have tuh worry bout sancho giving we an own goal or   somebody grabbing his locks to  concede a goal 8).

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2007, 04:53:49 PM »
Jay 10.....do bother with TI, Hardest get call up and dat is all dat matters.....

sssttteeeeuuupppsss!!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2007, 06:31:16 PM »
I really can't believe this...

Not havin Collin Samuels there is bad...

But Kenwyne Jones...

I dunno, but I feel Kenwyne has more potential than any other play in T&T football... and doh bawl Edwards cuz at his age these are his best days and he is the best player on our field bar none, however, I feel Kenwyne has the potential to be even more devestating than him.

with his physical superiority... his blistering pace... he has the ability to jump higher dan any defender... and he is merciless when it comes to putting pressure on the back four...

WHY..... and I repeat.........WHY

is Kenwyne Jones not there...???

I dont care if he still waitin fuh his check.... PAY HIM!!

For God's sake!! Dont waste his talent.

PLEASE. DON'T.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 06:34:34 PM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2007, 11:29:10 AM »
Jay 10.....do bother with TI, Hardest get call up and dat is all dat matters.....

sssttteeeeuuupppsss!!!!

it matters to me that jones, sancho, samuel and gray are not there, other than that, it doesnt bother me bc i believe our team can do well, we have no choice but to accept the team unless the impasse is gone, i dealing with reality, i not living in a fantasy world where our players who are suing will just walk on the pitch, when the ttff and jw already have a problem with that..

God is de BOSS...
No.....

You are full of shit...

Your reality is one where we take a totally inexperienced team led by a man who is most renown for unreliability in blind confidence that they will yield any kind of international success....

YOU my friend are living in a world of fantasy.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 11:32:39 AM by Jefferz »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2007, 05:46:42 AM »
I was very disappointed when I saw that Tinto was not called to the Gold Cup squad. However I heard from the man himself that 3 players from the Olympic training will be considered for promotion to the Gold Cup squad. So we could end up seeing our boy play still.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2007, 08:06:48 AM »

sssttteeeeuuupppsss!!!!

it matters to me that jones, sancho, samuel and gray are not there, other than that, it doesnt bother me bc i believe our team can do well, we have no choice but to accept the team unless the impasse is gone, i dealing with reality, i not living in a fantasy world where our players who are suing will just walk on the pitch, when the ttff and jw already have a problem with that..

God is de BOSS...
No.....

You are full of shit...

Your reality is one where we take a totally inexperienced team led by a man who is most renown for unreliability in blind confidence that they will yield any kind of international success....

YOU my friend are living in a world of fantasy.

;D :devil: man getting vex over reality... allyuh fellahs is jokers oui, I believe they will do well, when we play we will see if it comes to pass.. I think some fellahs biggest fear and what will make dem vex de most is if im right and they are wrong, their egos are in jeopardy so they blue vex...small ting.. When i go to Boston I will enjoy myself and lime with de team.. and my breddahs who are on de team.. anyone who love tt football could join me, anyone of course who is not a hater and is a believer..

God is de BOSS...

One day you'll wake up and realize that this isnt the TI show and not everyone is conspiring against you and that maybe we disagree with you simply because you're talking shit.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2007, 02:37:32 PM »
Fellas I mad like most of you- But the point was made that you cannot sue a Federation and be picked -against FIFA rules. So they need to negotiate and drop the law suite.
 This maybe a blessing in disguise.

How can only one side negotiate? TTFF will not negotiate. They say take it or leave it. Do you just want the plyers to bend over and take it from TTFF? Why should they? All that will lead to is a continuation of thid dictatorship.

As the man said: Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2007, 03:01:41 PM »
We have time i believe that things will be worked out with the players and TTFF , Bonez iz getthin involve that iz ah good sign.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2007, 06:42:19 PM »
Fellas I mad like most of you- But the point was made that you cannot sue a Federation and be picked -against FIFA rules. So they need to negotiate and drop the law suite.
 This maybe a blessing in disguise.

How can only one side negotiate? TTFF will not negotiate. They say take it or leave it. Do you just want the plyers to bend over and take it from TTFF? Why should they? All that will lead to is a continuation of thid dictatorship.

Of course it's against FIFA rules... its a bloody mafia... if you sue a federation you are essentially suing FIFA.

There are no rights in a in this feudal system.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »
How can only one side negotiate? TTFF will not negotiate. They say TICKET or leave it. ;) Do you just want the players to bend over and take it from TTFF? Why should they? All that will lead to is a continuation of this dictatorship.
KentSoulMan,
I took the liberty to change your post ;D ;D ;D ;D

FIFA in my opinion has grown so powerful that the corruption that is now present is not even realised by the powers that be within FIFA.
or I would even go far as to suggest that the people within FIFA don't even consider what they are doing is morally wrong.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 07:01:26 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2007, 10:16:24 PM »
Whatyy business picking up in here. Doh furget de nuts man please....

NUTs Hot nuts, NUTS, NUTS,,,, get yuh nuts here ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2007, 10:38:47 PM »

u doh trust ince??
almost 20 clean sheets....
19 it ink it is....i glad he there

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2007, 03:08:13 AM »
may i take this opportunity to add to my post # 84 above
In this matter it is basically those who deal with this situation from a moral and ethical viewpoint or lack there of.
I am of the opinion that there are those of us on this very Forum who say, "Too 4King bad, dem players have to deal with that $#!T, as dat is how it is"
but that is a very terse deduction as these players have given us many HAPPY times and made us PROUD to be from these little Islands of Trinidad and Tobago. Everything does not have to be so clear cut as we have to look at the Holistic value of their dedication to their Country and their ability to play Football which is an invaluable National treasure and should be so promoted.
anyhow the fellowing quote and article gives an expanded opinion.

"Defenders of such behavior generally consisting of those on the giving end, rather than those on the receiving end point to the fact that such behavior is excusable because it occurs in a business setting. Business is serious stuff, they argue, a "contest," where the "strong" not only survive over the weak but prevail. The toughest, the most vicious, the most predatory, the most domineering and the most intimidating "win" in business! It’s definitely a "win at any cost" proposition, even if that means severely "cutting corners" on either morals or ethics, or both. Different values prevail, they say.
We say, "Nonsense.""

http://www.fortunecity.com/marina/anchor/1976/id91.htm
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 03:25:47 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2007, 05:37:55 AM »
There’s also a thing called business ethics which business are to live by if yah notice a lot off big company are getting hit real about ethics its big topic if your going to run a business you have to treat your employees fairly if not a union will be formed to prevent ill treatment of the employees, these player put there lively hood on the every time  they represent the country just look at Cornel Glen its almost a year since the World CUP WHO PAYING HIS BILLS WHO; FEEDING HIS FAMILY   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2007, 09:54:07 AM »
How can only one side negotiate? TTFF will not negotiate. They say TICKET or leave it. ;) Do you just want the players to bend over and take it from TTFF? Why should they? All that will lead to is a continuation of this dictatorship.
KentSoulMan,

FIFA in my opinion has grown so powerful that the corruption that is now present is not even realised by the powers that be within FIFA.
or I would even go far as to suggest that the people within FIFA don't even consider what they are doing is morally wrong.

Westcoast, this is true, but things will change sooner or later. When people think they are invulnerable, that is precisely when they are most vulnerable. They start to get careless and make small mistakes, andits these that bring their downfall.Fromm TTFF, thru to CONCACAF thru to FIFA, there is one thread that links them. Its a house of cards ready to fall. Remember, all the might of the FBI couldn't stick one crime on Al Capone. He got locked up for tax evasion!

When you got your fingers in too many pies, someone gonna bite your damn finger off one day.

We have to get the worlds media involved somehow. Get people in high places asking questions and get more brave souls to stand up against these people.

Jefferz, your right. An attack on TTFF is an attack on FIFA. That means that its also an attack on all of the worlds associations. In which case, I'm pretty sure that officials in those countries that don't want Sepp Blatter as president could use this for their political aims. Don't forget, Blatter only gets in because of Warners voting block. Warner and Blatter have many enemies within FIFA. Blatter may have to cut his ties with Warner to survive. If that day comes, you will see big changes in TTFF and CONCACAF.

Warner may think he's got the Caribbean under control, buts its FIFA that will be his downfall.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2007, 10:30:46 AM »
KentSoulMan,

Westcoast, this is true, but things will change sooner or later. When people think they are invulnerable, that is precisely when they are most vulnerable. They start to get careless and make small mistakes, andits these that bring their downfall.Fromm TTFF, thru to CONCACAF thru to FIFA, there is one thread that links them. Its a house of cards ready to fall. Remember, all the might of the FBI couldn't stick one crime on Al Capone. He got locked up for tax evasion!

When you got your fingers in too many pies, someone gonna bite your damn finger off one day.

We have to get the worlds media involved somehow. Get people in high places asking questions and get more brave souls to stand up against these people.

Jefferz, your right. An attack on TTFF is an attack on FIFA. That means that its also an attack on all of the worlds associations. In which case, I'm pretty sure that officials in those countries that don't want Sepp Blatter as president could use this for their political aims. Don't forget, Blatter only gets in because of Warners voting block. Warner and Blatter have many enemies within FIFA. Blatter may have to cut his ties with Warner to survive. If that day comes, you will see big changes in TTFF and CONCACAF.

Warner may think he's got the Caribbean under control, buts its FIFA that will be his downfall.

perhaps... but im not much of an optimist when it comes to the subject of positive change in the TTFF.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2007, 05:51:42 PM »
Keep the faith, bro. As long as the pressure keeps building, theres hope.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2007, 06:10:40 PM »

KentSoulMan, I fully agree with this and in my Post in another thread (click here) I made reference to this.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>