April 18, 2024, 04:29:38 PM

Author Topic: Call ups for Gold Cup & Olympic squads.  (Read 34150 times)

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Call ups for Gold Cup & Olympic squads.
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2007, 06:21:17 PM »
OK, West Coast, maybe everyone on this site should write a message of complaint over the running of TTFF and send it to all members of FIFA?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2007, 06:27:50 PM »
OK, West Coast, maybe everyone on this site should write a message of complaint over the running of TTFF and send it to all members of FIFA?
that is a good idea  :beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2007, 06:36:53 PM »
some of us on here were discussing sending letters to the editor of TnT papers concerning the make up of the team that will be at the Gold Cup, so I believe that the next step will be to expand our letter writing campaign to include Concacaf and FIFA Associations. There is a possibility that I am trying to encourage us to run before we can walk. Everything in its right time.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2007, 06:41:54 PM »
Don't think so, WC. Keep the momentum going. all the papers can do is apply pressure. FIFA member nations can ask questions at FIFA meetings. Bet most countries aren't aware of whats happening. As I have said before, there are national federations out there that would love ammunition to fire at JW.

I say lets get writing.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2007, 06:47:49 PM »
Don't think so, WC. Keep the momentum going. all the papers can do is apply pressure. FIFA member nations can ask questions at FIFA meetings. Bet most countries aren't aware of whats happening. As I have said before, there are national federations out there that would love ammunition to fire at JW.

I say lets get writing.
well in that case would it be better for the FPATT to promote this or does the association feel that it would be best that people on this Forum take it under their wings to do so?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2007, 06:53:16 PM »

I say lets get writing.
well in that case would it be better for the FPATT to promote this or does the association feel that it would be best that people on this Forum take it under their wings to do so?
how yuh intend to do dis WC, what way will be most formal i.e paper based or digital to send
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2007, 07:08:55 PM »
how yuh intend to do dis WC, what way will be most formal i.e paper based or digital to send
I do not know if having the FPATT backing this would encourage more people to write letters to the editor of TnT papers, so that the strongest players will be on the Gold Cup Team.
maybe this thread will give you some ideas< click here
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2007, 07:11:17 PM »

I say lets get writing.

Think thats for FPATT to decide. However, being as they will  have to be a political organisation, they probably won't be able to express their feelings in the same way you or I could.

Therefore, I think the forum members should email their feelings direct. Be easy to cut and paste the letter to each seperate federation. Bit tedious though!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2007, 07:21:50 PM »

I say lets get writing.

Think thats for FPATT to decide. However, being as they will  have to be a political organisation, they probably won't be able to express their feelings in the same way you or I could.

Therefore, I think the forum members should email their feelings direct. Be easy to cut and paste the letter to each seperate federation. Bit tedious though!
i think we should make a new thread for this so that d members can be informed. and we could have every body examples in one place

Youtube Channel

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2007, 07:23:51 PM »
Call ups for Gold Cup & Olympic squads.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Wim Rijsbergen has come with an “unfinished” list of players to begin training towards selection for the CONCACAF Gold Cup which kicks off in the United States on June 6.
Currently in Jamaica with the National Under 17 team, Rijsbergen and his assistants came up with the list which includes five overseas-based players. The home-based players on that list began training on Thursday under assistant Jan Van Deinsen.
The five overseas based players, including four of them who have made themselves available for selection by omitting their names from the list of World Cup players involved in an impasse with the TTFF, are Sunderland midfielder Carlos Edwards, Swansea City defender Dennis Lawrence, Walsall goalkeeper Clayton Ince, St Johnstone striker Jason Scotland with Sparta Rotterdam midfielder Darryl Roberts completing the handful. They will report to camp from May 21.
The rest of players include returning W Connection midfielder Silvio Spann, captain Densill Theobald, Andre Toussaint, Gary Glasgow, young Jabloteh player Khaleem Hyland and striker Kendall Jagdeosingh. There is no room to this point for injured midfielder Leslie Fitzpatrick.
Rijsbergen explained that this list was made up of players based on those he felt was worthy of selection along with those he had at his disposal at this time. Several fans may be disappointed on not seeing some other names, but the Dutchman maintained that it was his best available players at this time and he was prepared to work with those names. T&T opens its Gold Cup campaign on June 7 against El Salvador in Los Angeles followed by clashes with United States and Guatemala. The tournament’s winners will walk away with US$150,000 and a spot in the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup in South Africa.
Meantime, Van Deinsen also called up a list of players for the Under 23 Olympic Team which also trained on Thursday. The current Senior squad will continue with sessions up until May 17 while the Olympic squad will continue until competition time later this year.

The Senior Squad:

Jan Michael Williams, Nickcolson Thomas, Andre Toussaint, Silvio Spann (W Connection); Kerwyn Jemmott (Superstar Rangers); Abiola Clarence, Romauld Aguillera, Keon Daniel (United Petrotrin); Christian Baptiste (Defence Force); Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA); Daurance Williams, Nigel Daniel, Trent Noel, Dwayne Jack, Khaleem Hyland (San Juan Jabloteh); Gary Glasgow, Seon Power, Anthony Noreiga, Keyeno Thomas, Kerry Baptiste (Joe Public); Glenton Wolfe, Marvin Phillip, Kendall Jagdeosingh (Economy North East Stars); Carlos Edwards (Sunderland); Dennis Lawrence (Swansea City); Clayton Ince (Walsall); Jason Scotland (St Johnstone) and Darryl Roberts (Sparta Rotterdam).

Olympic Squad:

Adrian Foncette, Christon Thomas, Corneal Thomas (Superstar Rangers); Larry Bacchus, Simeon Augustus, Kennedy Hinkson, Devon Drayton, Shevon Fredericks, Ghmyo Harper (United Petrotrin); Colin Belgrave (unattached), Reon Pegus (unattached); Christon Redhead, Shervin Charles (Economy North East Stars); Silas Spann, Dion Peters, Thorne Holder (Joe Public); Johan Roberts, Keon Samuel, Marvin Wright, Trevin Caesar, Kevon John, Delano Davis (Tobago United); Marcus Ambrose, Carlyle Mitchell, McKenzie Cadette, Judah Hernandez, Hayden Tinto (Caledonia AIA); Akil Edwards, Sean Narcis (Defence Force); Marcelle Francois, Carlon Murray, Elton John (San Juan Jabloteh); Shane Calderon, Kerron Smith (W Connection); Kareem De Freitas and Shakan Olivieri (Harvard Sports Club).
Carlos in, Stern out.
Five overseas pros for Gold Cup.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).
[/size]

Carlos Edwards, the Sunderland midfielder, is among six foreign-based professionals called to training to represent Trinidad and Tobago at the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup. But most of the Soca Warriors who played at the 2006 World Cup in Germany, including Edwards' club teammate Stern John, have been omitted.
Of the overseas pros, Wim Rijsbergen, Trinidad and Tobago's head coach, called Jason Scotland, who has scored 26 goals for Livingstone in Scotland this season; goalkeeper Clayton Ince, who has 19 clean sheets for League Two Walsall; Sparta Rotterdam striker Darryl Roberts; Edwards; Swansea defender Dennis Lawrence; and recently-signed Chicago Fire defender Osei Telesford.
Omitted from T&T's World Cup squad are: Avery John, Cyd Gray, Aurtis Whitley, Brent Sancho, Collin Samuel, Anthony Wolfe, Cornell Glen, Kenwyne Jones, Kelvin Jack and Marvin Andrews.
Rijsbergen's training squad also include locally-based Densill Theobald, Silvio Spann and Kerwyn Jemmott, along with goalkeepers Jan Michael Williams, Marvin Phillip and Daurance Williams.
Contacted yesterday, Rijsbergen said he is still hoping for an amicable and speedy solution to the dispute over outstanding money some members of the T&T World Cup squad are claiming is owed to them by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation as the Gold Cup is just over a month away.
"I am still talking to the Federation," Rijsbergen declared. "We have to try and resolve the problem because we have limited choices. I have also been trying to get some players to negotiate. I hope they can resolve the problem because it will affect everybody. I want to go to the Gold Cup with the best team."
T&TFF president Oliver Camps admitted that the omission of the World Cup players was a direct result of court action they had threatened against the Federation in a dispute over World Cup profits. However, Camps said they were still open to negotiations.
"Anybody who takes their Federation to court is in violation of FIFA rules. Once that threat is in the making we cannot deal with them," said Camps, who added that some of the players from the World Cup team had dropped their legal action and were now negotiating the dispute with the T&TFF.
"Dennis Lawrence is one of them, and they are others before that. Once they dissociate themselves from that action, we can deal with them. I will be glad to see the others come back. But, once the threat of court action against the Federation is looming, FIFA will not allow us to use them.
"What sense is there in us calling up these players and we cannot use them? In the meanwhile, we have to go ahead with what we have. The coach is still scouting for players," said Camps.
Efforts to contact some of the excluded players, including Sancho and Jack, proved futile. However, agent Mike Berry, who represents several of the affected players including Sancho, explained that some of the players had decided to negotiate with the T&TFF, while others opted not to.
"Dennis, Carlos and Scotty have said they are willing to negotiate with the T&TFF. Realistically, that is the only way this matter will be resolved...not by court action," Berry stated. "It's very sad we should be in a state after the glory of the World Cup. What this impasse does now is open up the way for some younger players to make their way into the national team. Remember, there was a strike a few years ago, and that opened up the way for Jason Scotland and Kenwyne Jones to get into the national team. So, some will suffer, and others will benefit."
The local national contingent resumed training on Thursday at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva. They go into camp on May 21, before leaving on June 1 for the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

This is embarassing... :-[ :-[
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2007, 07:22:12 PM »
ok
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2007, 05:49:56 AM »
ok

OK??.. ???.....yuh working silently in de background or something??  I haven't heard much from yuh in last few weeks or so on dis topic....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2007, 01:17:49 PM »
ah was in space for a while......
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>