April 19, 2024, 11:56:02 AM

Author Topic: Club Zen temporarily closed down  (Read 4847 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Club Zen temporarily closed down
« on: April 26, 2007, 05:19:44 PM »
ACP cooper has just ordered a certain nightclub thats all over the news lately  to be closed indefinately.

I 95.5 now report it on Andre Baptiste cricket program.

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Re: Breaking News
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 05:32:48 PM »
yuh see how it wuk dey didint geh close down for one thing buh they geh close down for the beat down good .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 05:36:44 PM »
ah only hope they charge the owners for something....and also the group who land the fella in the hospital. Charge them with attempted murder! cause if the fella dead...is murder they have to be charged with anyway.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 05:43:46 PM »
apparently some license expired and they were b4 the court to have it renewed but couldn't meet certain requirements of the court today hence the closure according to ACP Cooper who refused to go into further details and de tv6 news

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Football related. Club Zen temporarily closed down.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 05:44:20 PM »
Reported by I95.5FM.

So wha Birchie, Yorkie and dem fellas go do now when dem come home?  ;D

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Football related. Club Zen temporarily closed down.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 05:46:37 PM »
Reported by I95.5FM.
So wha Birchie, Yorkie and dem fellas go do now when dem come home?  ;D
;D ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 05:57:33 PM »
When the ten days expire and everyone moves on, it will be open long before they reach back, trust me.  People will fall for anything oui.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 05:58:02 PM »
yuh see how it wuk dey didint geh close down for one thing buh they geh close down for the beat down good .
well seeing that the man in cricital condition...it is very serious
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 06:01:16 PM »
Glad to hear that, Jonny Song and them will do anything for money and them north clubs racist too, Cro Cro and them does only sign about Panday they could sign about Song and them too, like they fraid, Song and them sucking T&T and and have no respect for colored people (indian & creole) in de end.

Who remember Brad Boyce. I should ah been there that night, I would have personally beat de skin off he bones at what ever cost.

Yorke and Stern and them should invest in a good night club in T&T. Its about time a black man start running some nice night clubs in T&T. I am not racist but I just feel it beter to give a man (dont matter what color) yuh money who have de respect for it and you.

We have a long way to go. But de only way is Unity.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 06:09:39 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 06:12:47 PM »
Glad to hear that, Jonny Song and them will do anything for money and them north clubs racist too, Cro Cro and them does only sign about Panday they could sign about Song and them too, like they fraid, Song and them sucking T&T and and have no respect for colored people (indian & creole) in de end.

Who remember Brad Boyce. I should ah been there that night, I would have personally beat de skin off he bones at what ever cost.

Yorke and Stern and them should invest in a good night club in T&T. Its about time a black man start running some nice night clubs in T&T. I am not racist but I just feel it beter to give a man (dont matter what color) yuh money who have de respect for it and you.

We have a long way to go. But de only way is Unity.
what became of he after that farce of a court case btw?
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 06:20:01 PM »
what became of he after that farce of a court case btw?

I hope he (Boyce) suffer in Hell !!!!!!!!!!

PS: Palos,,,,,,,,,,, Yorke and Birchall might have to go a club in south now, nuff ladies ah forget de name, it across de road from Gulf City. Is ah Chutney club ah think, but it have it going on, trust meh, nuff women and some nights they mix it up real nice. I went a few times.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 06:21:36 PM by Flex »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 06:21:58 PM »
dat brad boyce used to own  own edge night club i think . Sam that happen a long time ago but boyce  away though....  yuh remember that incident  and yuh bring it up .. jonny wong/song  eh go beat nobody
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 06:24:28 PM »
When the ten days expire and everyone moves on, it will be open long before they reach back, trust me.  People will fall for anything oui.
YUH RIGHT REAL fickle......
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 06:26:55 PM »
dat brad boyce used to own  own edge night club i think . Sam that happen a long time ago but boyce  away though....  yuh remember that incident  and yuh bring it up .. jonny wong/song  eh go beat nobody

Where de Edge Night Club is. And yuh sure ? because I went a night club name that in south, please confim for me that he owns the club I will pay them a visit in June my next visit.

And please tell me he living in NY now. I would love to meet him. ...  >:(

Jonny Song done pay of them Police in T&T.... this move is only for show... de public will be assholes to believe the hype, more action should be taken.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 06:29:15 PM by Flex »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 06:28:58 PM »

Where de Edge Night Club is. And yuh sure ? because I went a night club name that in south, please confim for me that he owns the club I will pay them a visit in June my next visit.

And please tell me he living in NY now. I would love to meet him.

Jonny Song done pay of them Police in T&T.... this move is only for show... de public will be assholes to believe the hype, more action should be taken.

Edge club used to be at long circular mall st james next to the HILO i think it was shut down long time ago... dont know if boyce own that club in south
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 06:30:29 PM by DWarriorMan »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 06:46:14 PM »
51 degress Lara does be dey.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »

And please tell me he living in NY now. I would love to meet him.

Edge club used to be at long circular mall st james next to the HILO i think it was shut down long time ago... dont know if boyce own that club in south
nah Boyce and dem did own Chicken Unlimited franchise
besides Johhny the other south people who had North clubs was the people who did own 'the Wizz' in Gulf City..dem did own Club Life in west mall...it had other people who had shares in some of the other smaller north clubs too..cant remeber they names right now
Feliz

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 05:31:41 AM »
All this close down talk is a bunch a nonsense

Zen was not granted a renewal for a Restaurant License cause they could not produce some heatlh certificate. But they have renewed their bar and dancehall licenses, they should reopen in a week i am sure.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Club Zen temporarily closed down
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2007, 07:01:35 AM »
I was there the night of the Brad Boyce incident and it could have happened to any of us, a fight started he hit the guy and he fell back onto the steps and hit his head. I was in fights when I was younger and I was lucky that no harm ever came to the other people.
To have been charged with murder was madness, it should have been manslaughter or assault.
Also he was in jail for almost a year ( I think)

Blame the police for not preparing the charges correctly and ask if it fair for a man to go to jail for life for a fight that went wrong when drunk drivers killing people in Trinidad and not even getting charged.
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007, 08:56:44 AM »
AB yuh hear dat the man say he not racist ??? ??? .

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 01:53:47 PM »
I was there the night of the Brad Boyce incident and it could have happened to any of us, a fight started he hit the guy and he fell back onto the steps and hit his head. I was in fights when I was younger and I was lucky that no harm ever came to the other people.
To have been charged with murder was madness, it should have been manslaughter or assault.

Blame the police for not preparing the charges correctly and ask if it fair for a man to go to jail for life for a fight that went wrong when drunk drivers killing people in Trinidad and not even getting charged.

superoli i real glad yuh bring dat up..i doh like to say nuttin on dat cuz immediately i always told i standing up for whiteboy...i eh saying he was anywhere near innocent, cuz they fight but as yuh say, it cudda happen to anyone. But as usual police eff up de case and brad get away..
and sam i tink brad as far away from NY as possible, las i heard he was either in england or Down Under with the kangaroos
Back in Trini...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2007, 02:58:55 PM »
How you sellin out de man location so?

either way ah think what stick in people throat was dat boyce aint get nuttn..he face get in de papers for lil embarassment an ting...but he never get no trial,no hearing, no inquest nuttn......police and the pathologist botch de case, true.....or maybe boyce family had connections to ensure de case get botched?

me eh know

whether was accident, manslaughter or whatever...de man pay he bail, walk free and dat case slowly fade away

I cyah vex wit he people because it have a two tier justice system in just about every country in de world...and any white fellah doin time in golden grove will be in for a real difficullt time
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2007, 06:27:57 PM »
DEPUTY Commissioner Glen Roach has said the police will enforce the law at nightclubs.

Insisting they had always been enforcing the law, Roach said, “We will take a closer look... the head of station districts will monitor these places.”

An application for the renewal of Zen club licence was declined on Thursday before Port-of-Spain Magistrate Lianne Lee Kim.

Roach said it was part of police duty to monitor the licences and to see if underage people were present at places where alcohol was being served.

“It is part of police duty to check... looking at identification cards is a practice,” he said.

Zen was pushed into the spotlight on April 12 when a 15-year-old pastor’s daughter was engaged in a sexually-charged dance with hip hop performer Akon.

“Children are not to be served alcohol or be in a place where alcohol is sold,” Roach said.

He said there was a law against lewd and suggestive dancing.

However, he said, “You have to prove it in a court who will form an opinion.”

Meanwhile, Roach refused to comment on sexually-charged public dancing at Carnival which is displayed nationwide.

now look how the price to enter will go up , more free drinks for the policee

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2007, 08:17:44 PM »

superoli i real glad yuh bring dat up..i doh like to say nuttin on dat cuz immediately i always told i standing up for whiteboy...i eh saying he was anywhere near innocent, cuz they fight but as yuh say, it cudda happen to anyone. But as usual police eff up de case and brad get away..
and sam i tink brad as far away from NY as possible, las i heard he was either in england or Down Under with the kangaroos
de man shoulda never tell Boyce to "Rock so nah whiteboy"...but is the Police who real mess up that manslaughter case.
but as allyuh say..it coulda happen to anybody..we did used to do some real stupid thing when we out drunk partying..too much man like to grandcharge in the dance
i remember going in party and real screw up meh face to make mehself look like ah badjohn..mash meh shoes and is bushead kinda thing  ;D
Feliz

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 12:20:34 AM »
Brad Boyce was one of the biggest trouble makers at Pres and he use to tell college prefects dey cant do him anything because his name is Brad Boyce, to make matters worse..Bro Michael told the college prefects to leave Brad alone because he has "issues" and he will personally handle Brad...I guess Bro Michael was ah pyschologist or something..too bad he wasn't good at that job.

1]; } ?>