April 27, 2024, 09:12:47 AM

Author Topic: FPATT ‘Football Funday’ on May 20.  (Read 6799 times)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
FPATT ‘Football Funday’ on May 20.
« on: April 27, 2007, 06:58:41 AM »
‘Football Funday’ on May 20.
By: T&T Newsday Reports.

A Trinidad and Tobago Celebrities football team will come up against the 2006 World Cup Warriors on “Football Funday”, May 20 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.
The match is being staged to raise funds for the official launch and establishment of the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT).
Representing the TT Celebrities team will be a combination of top local entertainers, Radio DJs, Sports, Media and other high-profile personalities, many of whom have already confirmed their participation. Among the players expected to be in the Warriors line-up are Kelvin Jack, Marvin Andrews, Brent Sancho, Atiba Charles, Cyd Gray, Aurtis Whitley, Silvio Spann, Chris Birchall, Stern John, Kenwyn Jones, Collin Samuel and Anthony Wolfe.
Efforts are also being made to have both Dwight Yorke and Russell Latapy return for the historic event. As the title suggests, “Football Funday” is intended to be a day of total fun and enjoyment for the entire family. Among the days attactions will be an autograph signing session.
Master of ceremonies for the event will be Anil “Spalk” Roberts. “Football Funday” will be the first of several FPATT fund-raising events, which will culminate with the official launch of the organisation in June.
Representatives from FIFPRO, the worldwide representative organisation for professional players and player’s organisations and the England-based Professional Footballers Association are expected to travel to Trinidad for the official launch.
While here, the FIFPRO and EPFA representatives will conduct sessions to inform the local professionals players and the public at large about the importance and benefits of an organisation such as FPATT.
Other planned FPATT fund-raising events includes a black-tie dinner in June. A spokesperson for FPATT stated that the organisation is looking forward to the much-needed support from the Trinidad and Tobago public and is hopeful that the stadium will be sold-out for the event.
Admission to “Football Funday” is $20 for covered stands and $10 for uncovered.
For more information on “Football Funday” or other FPATT fund-raising events, interested sponsors, donors and other prospective contributors, can contact FPATT Marketing at 463-9460.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 08:04:10 AM by Flex »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: FPATT ‘Football Funday’ on May 20
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 07:01:12 AM »

Watch the list:
Kelvin Jack, Marvin Andrews, Brent Sancho, Atiba Charles, Cyd Gray, Aurtis Whitley, Silvio Spann, Chris Birchall, Stern John, Kenwyn Jones, Colin Samuel and Anthony Wolfe.

That team could beat the team Wim call up?  Avery not there cuz MLS in season.
If FPATT play a game every time TT play that will be quite something.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FPATT ‘Football Funday’ on May 20.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 08:36:27 AM »
I really much rather  go that Football Funday than watch the makeshift side we sendin to Gold Cup  :beermug:

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 11:38:53 AM »
Well ah hope all the local base supporters who not spending dey money on the makeshift team, go out and suport the FPATT and rally ah good crowd to show these players that we behind them 100%. This would be a good test to see what kind of support the WC team still have.  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 07:47:08 PM »
I have to be dey to see the real soca warriors.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 12:10:32 AM »
Bethya dat team would do better in the Gold Cup. Keep the faith FPATT

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 05:43:34 AM »

Edwards for 'Funday'
Trinidad Express
Thursday, May 3rd 2007

Carlos Edwards, whose spectacular winning goal recently secured promotion to the English Premiership for his club Sunderland, will be a member of the 2006 World Cup Warriors, who will take on a T&T Celebrities Football Team on "Football Funday", May 20, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain.

Edwards confirmed his participation in the fund-raising event through his local representative, and stated that he is looking forward to the reunion with his World Cup teammates and the support of the Trinidad and Tobago public for the event.

Edwards plays his final game in the English Championship division on Sunday, against his old team, Luton Town.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 06:06:31 AM »
mama....i need a call up for this match...leh me go and do some push ups and sit ups....leh meh put down dis beer and ciggarette....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 06:12:08 AM »
mama....i need a call up for this match...leh me go and do some push ups and sit ups....leh meh put down dis beer and ciggarette....
ah thought it was Scotch and coconut water.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 08:14:15 AM »
I don't think it's a coincidence that the Warriors are going to be in the country for that event. I hope they seize the opportunity to settle this dispute through arbitration and move forward with the most formidable team we ever had.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 08:49:32 AM »
count me and meh shotta to be dey ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 09:21:09 AM »
Local Based Nation Members should push for a representitive squad, Maybe alyuh could get a lil 15 mins to demonstate the fanbased Skills

It is important for fans to come out and support this event because believe it or not.

This is a Banned players versus TTFF undercurrent thing going on and as fans we need to show on which side of the fence we stand.

I applaud the players for at least trying to put an event together instead of accepting the usually bullshit and walking away.

These players could easily be touring europe the week after the season done instead they going back home to try to build the future of TnT Players Union.

Who supporting the country now.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 10:24:53 AM »
Ah love de idea of this plan to raise funds for dem fellas!!!

but i thought sancho and kelvin were injured, thats the reason why they havent been playing regularly for their respective clubs?? :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 01:38:19 PM »
they should organse a lil friendly against the wim squad - carlos go play a 1/2 each side

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 05:31:29 PM »
Good opportunity to hear from de fellas and gauge if de blacklisting is coming to an end. De nice slogan of de contest for de banner, would be nice for a juzzy to be worn at de Fun day.

Jackula (TTFF) must pay, de warriors must play. Is so it go?  ;D

Fellas, is crunch time. Doh slack off now.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 03:05:00 PM »
The latest Celebrity Team
Jack Warner- Panday- Boynes- O Connor- Gally- Shabbaz. They trying to get Manning but he fraid the date of the election might fall off and maco Jack might see it.
 Guess who is the Coach
 Bertille St Clair

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2007, 09:53:51 PM »
tallman/....i with de rebels
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2007, 08:21:28 AM »
Ah puttng down dis day in mih calender.....ah goh be dey....folks encourage people to come out....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2007, 10:58:13 PM »
People show all of allya support for we Heroes
go out and cheer on YOUR Warriors
It will make your and their day
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2007, 12:06:58 AM »
Wish I could be there. Serious, the FPATT team could win some respect in the Gold Cup. You may never see a T&T include many of these players again. As for the celebs, they have 60 volunteers!

Think its going to be a real party and a realllll embarrassment for Camps and Warner. Gonna live long in the memory of those who go.

Did you hear the old lady who called Fearless last night from her sick bed and said she really wanted to go, but as she couldn't, she wanted to make a donation. Makes your heart proud.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2007, 10:37:50 AM »
KSM, I admire your optimism dread  ;) .

I will be happy if Sancho, Jack and de others jess secure dey future for their remaining playing days and help the up and coming youngsters to have an organization that looks after their needs and welfare, as T&T is really a heartless country at times. Ah wouldn't mind if these players contribute to T&T football someday( AFTER  >:( ) they see about themselves first. Yyyyepp!

Any other victory is jess bonus.  ;D
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>