April 23, 2024, 05:12:12 PM

Author Topic: What an insult!  (Read 3595 times)

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
What an insult!
« on: July 29, 2005, 11:24:31 AM »
"...U.S. coach Bruce Arena has only days to pick a line-up from a now injury-stricken pool. But the lucky break is facing CONCACAF lightweight Trinidad and Tobago at home..."

The Warriors are getting absolutely NO RESPECT.. question is ..should they?
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What an insult!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 11:28:06 AM »
No respect..we cant get vex because they know they are a lot better than us.  However, that should work to our advantage, let them underestimate us...we could spring a big surprise.

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 11:34:50 AM »
Dred, Beene should post message like that on de blackboard EVERYDAY to help motivate these men! 

I know we go be up dey in CT making one setta noise for dem fellas..it will be a real shame for  dem to come out flat flat and just waiting, letting de US dictate de play...

I just HATE de fact that de US in a position now to be over confident and arrogant wit it!!! Dat comes down from dey coach...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 11:39:35 AM »
The truth is an offence but not a sin.

We have been whipping boys of Concacaf Hex teams for a while and even this campaign we get we arse cut.

Reality......we only beat one Hex team so far, Panama.

Reality.....yes we are featherweights

Reality.... The USA is a big side, and we will do well to even get a point off of them.

Reality......we have never beaten them in WCQ.

Honestly we haven't played anything to suggest we will be a threat to any team serious of making the WC.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 11:42:24 AM »
"...U.S. coach Bruce Arena has only days to pick a line-up from a now injury-stricken pool. But the lucky break is facing CONCACAF lightweight Trinidad and Tobago at home..."

Until we perform in a manner which causes that moniker to be disputed, we must accept it. In the past we have also been called "perennial underachievers". The question is, have we earned the respect ?

I don't find the comment insulting, however, I find the recent performance of the team at the Gold Cup to be insulting.

No respect..we cant get vex because they know they are a lot better than us.  However, that should work to our advantage, let them underestimate us...we could spring a big surprise.
If is one ting de USA will not do is underestimate us. They have shown themselves to be thorough in their scouting of the opposition.

I just HATE de fact that de US in a position now to be over confident and arrogant wit it!!! Dat comes down from dey coach...
One ting ah like about Arena (unlike Steve Sampson) is dat he doh come off as arrogant.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 11:44:37 AM »
This just tells you how these countrys think about our Football,i had a feeling this is where we were heading,it's exactly how everyone feels it seems like we are a walk over,results is what speaks, unless we can show good results no one will respect us.
 Â   Look at that post on the Grades they gave teams in the GC tourmament,they could not find a grade for T&T.  

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 12:01:41 PM »
Oh let the mighty stand tall!!!! we owe them one from the shot which was heard around the world ; I say we START A CAMPAIGN TO DELIEVER THE BLOW WHICH DROPPED THE GIANT!!!!!!!! come August 17 if we could deliever, then with all due respect accorded to the USA at this time, we would gain instant respect as the nation that DELIEVERED the blow tuh bust they bubble!!!!!

There is only one way to gain respect at this time: that is for us to WIN!!!!  period. To draw is for them to say they  had injuries.  Ok so we is Lightweights? then it's time to spank  daddy!!!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 12:10:41 PM »
The USA never underestimates its opposition. During the Panama game the commentator said that one of the American assistant coaches had see all of Panama's games in the past 2 years ! I don't likUSA but I give respect were respect is due. Their management skills are worthy of assimilation.

Judging USA on their Gold Cup performances gives me an positive outlook on our chances against them. I see no reason why we can't get a point against them. The location and time the match will be played will also be influencial. Supposedly we'll have 5 days there so we should be well placed to perform at the highest level.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 12:38:54 PM »
My My - How the truth offends. Respect has to be earned in every sphere of human endeavor. After the Gold Cup fiasco we are the lightweights in the hex.
Now as a player that statement should be a motivating factor to silence the USA.
But it has to start in the mind. In fairness to Arena, after he saw the last twenty minutes of our fight in the first game, he did say that we would take some points in the hex. Let the points start with USA, and I dont mean One but three.
ITIS TIME WE SHOW THEM THAT WE ARE WORRIORS

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 12:57:42 PM »
I agree wit most a de sentiments here.....Tallest, Injunchile etc.  We have to earn respeck.  Plain and simple. 

Is a reason why dey tekkin we lightly (not necessarily the teams but the media and fans).

Only we could change dat.

Tallest say it best fuh me.  Instead a focusin on bein vex because dey dissin we, we should be vex at we "performance" in de blasted Gold Cup.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 01:08:34 PM »
 Â  Remember we SHOULD be going out there to win and if we draw in the process fine, but we should at least play well. The 2-1 loss to them on Ash Wednesday we did not play bad, apart from the long balls and shitty give away first goal, we matched and even outnumbered them in shots on goal and Keller saved quite well. The US has NEVER really blown us out, not like CR and Mexico so with that a tie for me is fine but a win CAN be achieved if we doh do nothing stupid and if someone (anyone maybe even Kelvin Jack or Shaka) can actually SCORE A GOAL or GOALS, we will get opportunities but we MUST put them away, Shitsu John had gotten a great chance in the second half against them in the Oval but kick over bar (or was it Jones?). Point is it is POSSIBLE, once we doh CONCEDE any dotish goal.

Realistically using all the stats a tie is a big thing for us but we MUST play for the win.

This is the most important reason we should get a win: Not only will we have a greater chance to make it to the WC and boost our motivation to finally beat Guatemala at home, BUT the US will theoretically STILL not qualified. If Mexico and US wins their next games, they are 99% or more already in the WC BUT if we BEAT the US, they may panic a little (although they will inevitably make it in the WC - I wish not though) and this will cause them to seriously fight and MASH up the other teams in the remaining games. In this regard the US will look to win all the other games if we beat them, and if they aim to do so and succeed to beat at least 2 out of the remaining 4 teams they play WE WILL benefit since the US winning will help us on points by keeping all the other teams mainly CR, Panama and Guatemala down!! That will help us.

Remember we don't only have to win and draw games we have to HOPE that everytime CR, Guat. and Panama play they all DRAW eaach other and only get 1 point so when we win or draw our other games we stay ABOVE them, it is a points thing doh ever forget that!!! And we have to hope that Mexico keep on mash up everyone but us in our last game... I scared at that last game against Mexico because everyone assuming that if we need at least 1 point to qualify or even come 4th. we have a good chance, but NEVER think like that against Mexico they never give in, unless Jack bribe them or something. Hope when we play Mexico is not like when we had to play USA in 1989 for that faithful 1 point. That become 1 point too much.

Long story short, beat USA and we not only get 3 points and confidence against Guat. and other teams, but the USA get mad and go after all other teams which will be to our point advantage!!

Draw with USA, we keep our sanity and show fighting spirit and prayerfully beat Guat. and we in the game still. The US may still get upset and look to mash up remaining teams thus benefitting us.

Lose to USA, we need another bush bath especially if we lose looking dotish, then all man have to play Guatemala with panic and hope and prayer and all ah we go be anxious (as usual) in the Stadium. ALSO important, the US would have 99.999% qualified for WC and may look to experiment in other games and give Panama and CR and Guat. to maybe pull an upset draw or win against them thus FURTHER haunting us via the points system.

Go my Warriors I love you all forever good luck in the win, just play for it and we'll see what God has in store for you...

On Ash Wednesday after our loss I help my head up high because the last 20 mins of the game we played like through Warriors the best I have ever seen in many years, IF we can play to that potential and keep up the solid defense then we will show them.

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2005, 01:20:22 PM »
why is that an insult? we are lightweights trying to qualify for a world cup! simple as that!

De USA is better than us, and anything less than 3pts for de USA in their home ground is a terrible result for them. 

simple as that!

Even beenie man has admited that Usa and Mexico are in a league of their own.  Lets just hope that we can go to connecticut and give our all and hopefully a result can come our way!

WARRIORS ALL DE WAY
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2005, 01:50:52 PM »
I say insult in the sense that, Trinidad was once respected in the region and it saddens me to see where we are today.  Ah luv mih country and ah backing dem all the way.  Let's hope that we going thru what all teams go through.  The powers (and players) that be, need to DEDICATE themselves towards getting us back to that world of respect.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2005, 04:19:50 PM »

Worriers or warriors?

truetrini

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2005, 04:34:58 PM »

Worriers or warriors?

Use whichever is more applicable!

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2005, 05:03:01 PM »
hey is not about the result fellas..is if the lime good ;D

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2005, 09:35:12 PM »

The thing thats not clear about that statement is - are those Bruce Arena's words or a journalist's.

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2005, 10:55:05 PM »
It appears to be the journalist's comments.

I think we need to CAUTIOUSLY take it to the US...similar to the Honduras & Panama match. If we play for a draw, like the Colombia match...we up shit'S creek.

Also, the US, because of injuries, having to play a few of the non-regulars might cause:
A. The reserves might come out hard to secure a spot on the starting squad.
B. There might be a dropoff in talent.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 04:40:18 PM by BigToe »

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2005, 09:45:23 PM »
Guys, in case you all did not realize it, the game against the USA kicked off already while we waiting on August 17th.  We have to be thick skinned, the are designed to take us off our game and become angry.  But remember, anger blows out the bulb in the brain.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2005, 11:27:42 AM »
Who made the comment?

Seems like the journalist, rather than a player or coach.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

1]; } ?>