April 29, 2024, 06:59:30 AM

Author Topic: I noticed Mike Berry's players got selected  (Read 3165 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I noticed Mike Berry's players got selected
« on: April 30, 2007, 08:41:43 PM »
Noticed that?

The players represented by Berry were chosen for the gold cup

Must be his link with TTFF

Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: I noticed Mike Berry's players got selected
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 09:04:30 PM »
The man looking after his/ his players interests.

He knows that if they keep playing in the National Set up they will be "better off" in terms of value and exposure.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 09:13:02 PM »
the only reason they get selected bc they not suing, thats why, it has nuttin 2 do with berry..

God is de BOSS...

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 09:18:35 PM »
the only reason they get selected bc they not suing, thats why, it has nuttin 2 do with berry..

God is de BOSS...

Who yuh think advise them not to sue?
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 09:18:56 PM »
Here's the reason why:

Berry: Warriors, T&TFF must settle dispute

Ian Prescott iprescott@trinidadexpress.com

Tuesday, May 1st 2007

ENGLISHMAN Mike Berry, agent for several Trinidad and Tobago footballers based in Britain, said egos and wallets should be put aside and it is time for the national players and the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) to return to the bargaining table and settle their current impasse.

The T&TFF and some players on the T&T squad at the 2006 World Cup are involved in a dispute over World Cup profits, resulting in the Federation excluding most of them from the training squad for the upcoming CONCACAF Gold Cup after the players threatened to take legal action.

But Berry thinks that both sides should compromise and settle the dispute quickly.

"The solution to this is simple...get back to the negotiating table, put forward proposals for what you want and reach a compromise on something," he told the Express yesterday.

Berry is agent for T&T's Britain-based Soca Warriors including Carlos Edwards, Dennis Lawrence, Clayton Ince, Josh Johnson, Hector Sam and Jason Scotland. He was also a T&TFF consultant for the Soca Warriors during their World Cup campaign and said he was present at all the meetings between the two parties. As a result, Berry said he had a unique perspective about where the dispute arose.

"After initial negotiations between the T&TFF and the players representatives Dennis Lawrence and Stern John, it was agreed that the rest of the players committee would be consulted and Dennis and Stern would return to the negotiating table with a suggested settlement figure. The main area of contention was the provision for some 2010 World Cup expenditure out of the 2006 sponsorship monies. The proposed second meeting never transpired and the T&TFF were served with legal notice.

"This is the real reason for the current stalemate and it's a great shame for T&T football. In my opinion, the players are duty-bound to at least return to the negotiating table, which was initially promised, and I am sure the matter could be quickly resolved to everyone's satisfaction."

Berry thinks that the money in question is a minimal sum and the matter should be settled. He also gave his account of some of the issues which eventually led to the dispute.

"Firstly, the T&TFF have consistently agreed to negotiate an amicable settlement, even going back to the meeting in London with the whole squad present and also Messrs (Jack) Warner, (Richard) Groden, (Bruce) Aannesen and myself. At that meeting, everything that the players asked for was granted, including a 30 per cent share of all sponsorship receipts.

"Also agreed was a substantial qualifying bonus for the squad and many other selected players who contributed previously, which has since been paid.

"Secondly, it was Mr Warner himself who agreed to increase the agreed 30 per cent to 50 per cent as a reward for the superb performance against Sweden. In fact, he was so delighted he personally visited the team's training camp to inform them of his decision, which delighted everybody.

"It is important to note that the players have, rightly, already received substantial payments from the T&TFF and Government and, in comparison, this argument is over a relatively small amount of money, but is causing so much damage to T&T football. My advice is to put egos to one side and sort this out sooner rather than later and let's all get back to putting the Soca Warriors back on the global map for the right reasons...glory and exciting football," said Berry.

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 10:06:21 PM »
Berry tell dem not to sue... yuh aint see de big stink Ince (rightfully, cause dey aint ask he first) made.... cause he wanted to ensure he was clear........

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 07:37:42 AM »

According to Berry the players got more than just the $5,000.

"Firstly, the T&TFF have consistently agreed to negotiate an amicable settlement, even going back to the meeting in London with the whole squad present and also Messrs (Jack) Warner, (Richard) Groden, (Bruce) Aannesen and myself. At that meeting, everything that the players asked for was granted, including a 30 per cent share of all sponsorship receipts.

"Also agreed was a substantial qualifying bonus for the squad and many other selected players who contributed previously, which has since been paid.

"It is important to note that the players have, rightly, already received substantial payments from the T&TFF and Government and, in comparison, this argument is over a relatively small amount of money

How much was the bonus they got from the TTFF for qualifying?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 09:03:31 AM by dcs »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 08:05:26 AM »
Yeah Berry fall right on the side of the TTFF there. He point to the government reward as something...but that should be separate and apart. And he keop referring to a minimal sum...and that is because they doctor the books and reduce the figures !!

Is the principle of the thing...jack and them thiefing money for years and we now thought we had a solid footing to stand on because these are the most powerful players we have EVER had, because they made the world cup. But they were wrong...Jack still bigger than the game.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 09:45:43 AM »
This is standard modus operandum by the TTFF.

The TTFF get vex because the Govt give each player 1 million so what they do.

Say that is enough money for alyuh and then they satart to deduct expenses and cost from the bonus and match fees etc.

This is the Norm with TnT football.

If the Govt did not give anything the TTFF would have paid the players more the 5K.

It is a simple matter of
"Alyuh get enough money how much more money alyuh want these men real greedy"
That is their attitude.

i siding with the players because as a TTFF the bonus money should be known well in advance and written in black and white,

The continued lack of organization is the root cause of this.

The TTFF need to give the players all their money and then resign for being incompetant both in organization and in providing funds for a decent world cup campaign.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 09:56:08 AM »
Good Morning Ball Jumbies,
                                        I side with the players also. I on the side of all former players who played for TT for nothing, next to nothing and "a bun and a sweet drink', chicken and chips and Chorro's roti.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 01:46:01 PM »
Good Morning Ball Jumbies,
                                        I side with the players also. I on the side of all former players who played for TT for nothing, next to nothing and "a bun and a sweet drink', chicken and chips and Chorro's roti.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Dis going too long now....Clayton Morris and Brian Williams say so too.....when it going to stop??

And how much is de small sum Mr. Berry sir??.....since you seem to know more than we.....

Ssstteeuuppsss....again whenenver all yuh get serious bout de protest thing...ah goh be home, with no team to support.....

Yeah ah know we aint ah football loving country, but at least de few dat care could raise dey voice......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>