March 28, 2024, 12:52:54 PM

Author Topic: One Carlos Edwards.....there's only one Carlos Edwards  (Read 6567 times)

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
One Carlos Edwards.....there's only one Carlos Edwards
« on: April 27, 2007, 04:33:59 PM »
OH MY GOD.....I have never been so nervous about a game as I was tonight, I have hardly slept all week and could not concentrate on anything at work or at home. I was totally consumed by it all.

The game tonight must have been great for the neutral fan to watch as it had so much drama. 3 penalties and end to end action with the lead changing hands 3 times.

I have to say since Roy Keane took over at Sunderland we seem to have a never say die attitude, just like Keane as a player. We have came back so many times from a goal behind this season, we just don't know how to lose.

SuperCarlos Edwards got s back into the game with his penalty award and oh what a winner the great man scored.......I was breathless

Crowd today was nearly 45,000 not bad for a championship club eh guys, I would like to add the following

On our way, were on our way
on our way to the premier
how will we get there I don't know
how will we get there I don't care
all I know is Sunderland on it's way

Goodnight  :beermug:
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
Re: One Carlos Edwards.....there's only one Carlos Edwards
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 04:57:53 PM »
Yuh must not be a drinker Cartman, because I know fuh a game like this the Warrior Nation wouldn't have been able to type until tomorrow  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Makm

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 04:58:49 PM »
I wish I'd been there. I usually manage to get up for the last home game but missed this one. Instead I paced the floor for the entire second half while listening on Five Live, I punched the air when Carlos scored - I don't think I've ever been that wound up during a match.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 05:32:59 PM »
Keane said in an interview just now that Edwards reminds him of another Ryan Giggs just more creative.

I saw the goal, never knew Carlos had a deadly bullet like that. Imagine if we had our full 2006 World Cup players available for the Gold Cup in June, no doubt we would be strong contenders. Edwards developed into a great player and is in ripping form since the World Cup.

He has to be the best concacaf right winger there is currently.

Offline Joe Public

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 05:45:52 PM »
Truly amazing goal.  Admittedly, i thought he was going to struggle to make the grade for us, but he ahs been nothing short of brilliant for us.

Thank you for carlos, highly blessed.  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The big boys are in the butchers.

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 06:08:26 PM »
Truly amazing goal.  Admittedly, i thought he was going to struggle to make the grade for us, but he ahs been nothing short of brilliant for us.

Thank you for carlos, highly blessed:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
get your own patter JP

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 06:09:37 PM »
Personally that is one of the best goals I have ever seen from any TnT striker.....that goal swell meh chest.....that is a Premiership Quality goal...such composure when he stroke the ball... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Carlos yuh not easy!!

To me he shot that goal like Lampard...
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 06:11:41 PM »
Yuh must not be a drinker Cartman, because I know fuh a game like this the Warrior Nation wouldn't have been able to type until tomorrow  :beermug: :beermug:

you are so wrong mate, was sober earlier cos driving but v pissed  :rotfl:

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 06:59:38 PM »
Keane said in an interview just now that Edwards reminds him of another Ryan Giggs just more creative.

I saw the goal, never knew Carlos had a deadly bullet like that. Imagine if we had our full 2006 World Cup players available for the Gold Cup in June, no doubt we would be strong contenders. Edwards developed into a great player and is in ripping form since the World Cup.

Ah kinda proud  ;D ,cause unlest somebody could show an earlier quote ,I is the first to make that comparision . ;)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 07:41:27 PM »
Big Up to the nrxt Soca Warrior captin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 07:59:25 PM »
Edwards new nickname is Rolls Royce,d commentator in d game refer to him as d Rolls Royce runnin down d right wing.
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 08:04:15 PM »
The question is not can Carlos cut it in the EPL, I think his performance at the World Cup put to rest any doubts. He will be surrounded by better players and he appears to thrive in those situations where the quality is higher. Year Rolls Royce okay, buh I see him as a stalion. He doh geh tired at all boy.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 11:49:40 PM »

No doubt.

Prior to the World Cup I never see Carlos let rip so bravely before and actually score with them. Now he is becoming known for that....keep it up 'los we eh tired being in awe

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2007, 12:20:45 AM »

No doubt.

Prior to the World Cup I never see Carlos let rip so bravely before and actually score with them. Now he is becoming known for that....keep it up 'los we eh tired being in awe

You dead right mate, we expect him to shoot every time he gets in those positions, the fans love him big time at Sunderland and he seems very happy to be there. Long may that relationship contine.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007, 12:28:05 AM »

No doubt.

You dead right mate, we expect him to shoot every time he gets in those positions, the fans love him big time at Sunderland and he seems very happy to be there. Long may that relationship contine.

Enough love for the whole Sunderland squad here as well, Cartman...good to have you around & keep posting  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 12:49:33 AM »
Wow what a goal. That is some quality. Why the full strength squad cyah get a run out in th GC. Imagine Collin Samuel on the let. Dwight and Birchie in the mid.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2007, 02:10:46 AM »
Edwards new nickname is Rolls Royce,d commentator in d game refer to him as d Rolls Royce runnin down d right wing.

More like a Ferrari imo

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2007, 02:11:35 AM »

No doubt.

Enough love for the whole Sunderland squad here as well, Cartman...good to have you around & keep posting  :beermug:

My pleasure big fella

Offline ssalazar

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 02:17:05 AM »
Hey guys,does that goal reminds you of the goal that Carlos Alberto scored for Brazil against Italy in the 1970 World Cup final?Between those two,which one you think was better?The one from Carlos Edwards or the one from Carlos Alberto? ???

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2007, 07:03:07 AM »
All this talk. Ah want to see de goal!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2007, 07:29:49 AM »
RASSS Bullettttt!!!!  :o

Ey, thanks warrior!!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2007, 08:40:00 AM »
give thanks, i glad Carlos decide to negotiate wid friggin TTFF so we have him for de damn Gold Cup, ah couln't feel any prouder to have a SocaWarrior representing like dis fellah doing.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Carlos is boss!
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2007, 09:13:14 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1za-85YYgEE

Carlos,Carlos!  Ah hope he can do some ah this in the Gold CUp.  We badly need it!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos is boss!
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2007, 09:26:29 AM »
Ah love dat description....

"He's waiting for the Rolls Royce......runnin down that right hand side....and here it comes.....it arrives right on cue"

:applause: :applause:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2007, 10:16:48 AM »
Ah love dat description....

"He's waiting for the Rolls Royce......runnin down that right hand side....and here it comes.....it arrives right on cue"

:applause: :applause:

truly classic  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2007, 10:21:39 AM »
just can't stop watching it..... and my pores keep raising..... so proud of the boys :notworthy: :notworthy:

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2007, 11:36:15 AM »
jeezumm!!!

Edwards is amazing! das meh boy
Hart for president

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2007, 01:19:31 PM »
Niceness!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Gretzky

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
THANKYOU TO ALL OF TRINIDAD & TOBAGO FOR CARLOS
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2007, 06:45:32 AM »
thanks to his mum and dad for bringing him up well and letting him play football, to his school teacher, his first football coach....................ok, you get the picture  ;D

that goal he scored friday night was amazing, the place was bouncing when it went in

cheers carlos, have a good summer, you've earned it  :beermug:
god is da boss

1]; } ?>