April 19, 2024, 07:06:15 PM

Author Topic: Rijsbergen: It's out of my hands  (Read 1022 times)

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rijsbergen: It's out of my hands
« on: April 30, 2007, 10:16:35 PM »
Ian Prescott iprescott@trinidadexpress.com

Monday, April 30th 2007

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=161138889

Coach Wim Rijsbergen has admitted that he has no control over the pool of players he can choose from for the June 6-24 CONCACAF Gold Cup. The Dutchman said as much, from Jamaica, in a telephone interview when naming an incomplete training squad late last week.

Rijsbergen said he can only use the players made available to him by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF).

"I only have to wait and hear what is going on," he said. "We have a difference of opinion between the two sides, and we the technical staff just have to wait and see what is happening. I hope they can come to a solution soon."

A Britain-based Soca Warrior, who wished to remain anonymous for fear of victimisation, said he feels for the Dutch coach,

"I'm sorry for him because he knows the players he wants, and would like to have the best team. But, the T&TFF are making it difficult for him to do his job properly. After playing in a FIFA World Cup, how good can it be for us to go to the Gold Cup with a weakened team and perform badly? It will embarrass the entire country."

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rijsbergen: It's out of my hands
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 10:29:56 PM »
Ian Prescott iprescott@trinidadexpress.com

Monday, April 30th 2007

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=161138889

Coach Wim Rijsbergen has admitted that he has no control over the pool of players he can choose from for the June 6-24 CONCACAF Gold Cup. The Dutchman said as much, from Jamaica, in a telephone interview when naming an incomplete training squad late last week.

Rijsbergen said he can only use the players made available to him by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF).

"I only have to wait and hear what is going on," he said. "We have a difference of opinion between the two sides, and we the technical staff just have to wait and see what is happening. I hope they can come to a solution soon."

A Britain-based Soca Warrior, who wished to remain anonymous for fear of victimisation, said he feels for the Dutch coach,

"I'm sorry for him because he knows the players he wants, and would like to have the best team. But, the T&TFF are making it difficult for him to do his job properly. After playing in a FIFA World Cup, how good can it be for us to go to the Gold Cup with a weakened team and perform badly? It will embarrass the entire country."

That's the long and short of it right there. Complete assness  >:(
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Rijsbergen: It's out of my hands
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 10:37:17 PM »
I have a feeling it's Carlos that said that.He right yes and then when we go there and perform badly,everyone is gonna blame Wim.

1]; } ?>