June 10, 2024, 05:02:06 AM

Author Topic: Nimo double dents T&T hope.  (Read 11263 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Nimo double dents T&T hope.
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2007, 07:33:27 AM »
If this is the best prepared team and we still cyah score and gettin 5 goals in 2 games what does that say about our preperation?

It's called baby steps.

Yuh got to creep before yuh could walk.

Previous youth teams were crippled.

At least now.....with this team anyway....it seem as if we a little mobile and actually crawlin bout.

Check out nnyman18 post to get an idea of what we up against.

The USA is exceptional in that regard.  Only Mexico in the region would be similar.  Costa Rica I suspect will be next.  Canada does a good job all things considered with less resources than we have.   
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 07:41:22 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2007, 10:22:37 AM »
I agree with you brother
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2007, 10:37:32 AM »
My point exactly! Its no secret what the potential of your squad could be like when you are drawing players from a larger pool.As we both know they must still be coached and molded into a team through proper preparation.

It would have also been nice for us to be  comparing other youth players today in the same breath of a Clint,Rock, Latas Dwight etc. These players came on the scene in the early 80's. The year is now 2007.

I always tell folks in North America and Europe for a small country we have some very talented Young players. They must be properly developed though
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2007, 10:38:49 AM »
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 09:42:27 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know if this is valid, but it seems that yet again our national teams fall into the trap of conceding an early goal. Why is it that the coaches/players  just can't get it right with respect to concentration at the start of a game (or sometimes during the game or after half time)? But it does seem that there is some talent on the team. Perhaps it really is the coaching/mental preparation.
my 2c

This has a lot to do with the type of pre game warm up the team does.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2007, 06:41:31 PM »

If Nimo go to de pitchlake in T&T they will have to put up a sign "Finding Nimo" to find him.

cyar !!!cayar!!!hahahahahah......SAM!!! That was so politically incorrect!!

Whey sah...people rong here wan to know if I crazy. :-)
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2007, 06:52:25 PM »
Watching a lot of the posts it seems a lot of people eh see this U-17 team play yet. Allyuh have no fear, the team is good. Very good. It just not clicking yet.

In the past we had teams where the individuals were a lot better than the whole would suggest. Endless great individuals and surprisingly poor team play.

This team is a lot better than the individuals would suggest; and they play smart. I love this.

I believe it's just a matter of inexperience, in other words, they need more playing time together. Just now goals will start flooding. Canada done suspicious already. USA say "it was a strange game".

Even if we eh get nothing from this tournament, I seeing a light at the end of our football tunnel, finally.

Now if only they had ah U-12 in training right now for me to believe........
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2007, 07:00:15 PM »
Sounds like these fellas need to be form the nucleus of the next Under 20 and Olympic campaigns. new talent will surface...but if Stephen Hart say many of the players have something, then we have to hope they don't fall by the wayside. But bfore tht..they have 2 more games to play. IT ain't over yet

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2007, 07:31:52 PM »
Sounds like these fellas need to be form the nucleus of the next Under 20 and Olympic campaigns. new talent will surface...but if Stephen Hart say many of the players have something, then we have to hope they don't fall by the wayside. But bfore tht..they have 2 more games to play. IT ain't over yet

True.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2007, 07:43:20 PM »
Watching a lot of the posts it seems a lot of people eh see this U-17 team play yet. Allyuh have no fear, the team is good. Very good. It just not clicking yet.

In the past we had teams where the individuals were a lot better than the whole would suggest. Endless great individuals and surprisingly poor team play.

This team is a lot better than the individuals would suggest; and they play smart. I love this.

I believe it's just a matter of inexperience, in other words, they need more playing time together. Just now goals will start flooding. Canada done suspicious already. USA say "it was a strange game".

Even if we eh get nothing from this tournament, I seeing a light at the end of our football tunnel, finally.

Now if only they had ah U-12 in training right now for me to believe........
This side is the best thing the TTFF has in operation now. I am very excited about this team. Anybody who saw this team play would tell you it is different from any other youth team we've had in years.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2007, 07:55:02 PM »
COSTA RICA 1 JA 0
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2007, 06:07:45 AM »
Any news on Chike. He was taken off against USA because of an injury.

1]; } ?>