April 27, 2024, 06:19:39 PM

Author Topic: A great achievement, Yorke  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A great achievement, Yorke
« on: May 04, 2007, 07:10:08 AM »
A great achievement, Yorke
By Nick Alexander (safc.com)

Dwight Yorke rates his achievement at Sunderland this season alongside the best of his career.

The Trinidad and Tobago player has enjoyed a glittering career, winning the Premier League three times during a hugely successful spell with Manchester United.

He was part of the United side that won an unprecedented treble - the Champions League, the Premiership and the FA Cup - in 1999.

But he says the way Sunderland have come from nowhere to win promotion this season ranks alongside his best moments.

Yorke said: "I'm certainly proud of this. I'm lucky enough to have been involved at [Manchester] United when they won things but this is equally as good and hopefully we will win the Championship come Sunday.

"It's been an unbelievable effort from everyone and it's great to be a part of it. People have put in a lot of hard work and they deserve the credit.

"The players have been tremendous. Every one of us wanted to do well for this club and it's quite fitting to see everyone so happy.

"When I came here I thought there was a possibility of the play-offs but I didn't see automatic promotion.

"It goes to show what you can achieve if you put your mind to it, believe in the team and believe in the people around you. We've all worked hard for each other.

"And we have a manager who believed it was possible and believed in us."

Yorke and Roy Keane, Sunderland's manager, were team-mates at Old Trafford.

"I'm sure the gaffer deep down is proud but he will think it is just the start," said Yorke who has also played for Aston Villa, Blackburn, Birmingham. "Knowing the type of person he is, he won't let up, you can be certain of that.

"He will want to test himself against the best in the Premiership next year."

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: A great achievement, Yorke
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 08:30:30 AM »
ah feel yorke from smallville

sombody put some green krytonite next to him and pm meh what happen
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 02:28:12 PM »
He is a true leader. World class. He inspire players like no other. We should be proud of him and his achievements.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 03:22:57 PM »
So I recommend dat every yute catch crabs as part of their internship ...as I eh see nutten going on at home to prepare our youth to scale dem heights dat Yorke scaled  :angel:
An accident ??? or a plan that worked  ? ...take your pick

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 05:35:39 PM »
ah feel yorke from smallville

sombody put some green krytonite next to him and pm meh what happen

Movah, yuh touch coming back dread, daiz funny  :rotfl:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>