April 28, 2024, 04:16:28 AM

Author Topic: 55 players to get World Cup $$  (Read 1783 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
55 players to get World Cup $$
« on: January 22, 2006, 09:12:05 PM »
<a href="http://www.thetobagonews.com/index.pl/article?id=5444320>55 players to get World Cup $$[/url]
tobagonews
Monday, January 23rd 2006
 Â Members of the  National Senior Team were to receive their World Cup bonus payments after they were approved by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation on the weekend.

A total of 55 players, who had been in the national squad dating back to T&T's first qualifying match against Dominican Republic, were to receive payment to the total of US$1,636,357 which was approved by and will be paid off to them by TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner. The TTFF have not yet received the payment of qualification earnings from FIFA.

It was agreed with the players that they would receive half of the six million Swiss francs to go to the TTFF for qualifying for Germany 2006.

However, at the point in time the proposal was presented to the players, which came after three final round matches when T&T held one point, the agreement was that players who were part of the final round squad  would benefit  from the amount.

Warner then agreed with the players' committee that the other players who were part of the team in the second round (T&T had a first round bye) and semi-final round would also receive a bonus payment.

As is the case for Federations and Associations of all qualified countries, 26.1 per cent of the six million Swiss francs is also withheld by FIFA for German taxes and insurance for injured players during the World Cup.

According to a TTFF Media release, the overall payment structure was one based on a points per match system and players' overall international appearances which was mutually agreed upon by the TTFF and the players. Following that, a balance of US$36,822, the players have decided, will go towards local charities. They themselves will meet to discuss how this is carried out.

The five-man player committee, consisting of Dwight Yorke, Stern John, Dennis Lawrence, Brent Sancho, Shaka Hislop and Kelvin Jack, felt good about the process.

"The players committee and the players in general are very happy about the way things went and how quickly it happened. They (TTFF) did extradite very well," spokesperson Sancho said.  

The committee further added: "People have tried to change this into a political game as well but it's not a situation where we are trying to pressure the Government into getting things done. But we prefer rather if there would be some sort of communication from them with the players committee rather than just reading in the press about what they plan to do.

"We definitely appreciate their intentions but we prefer to get this out of the way before we start playing our football again as a team and concentrating on playing in Germany 2006."

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: 55 players to get World Cup $$
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 11:28:10 PM »

More numbers.

Was this the payout that was reimbursed by government?

"A total of 55 players, who had been in the national squad dating back to T&T's first qualifying match against Dominican Republic, were to receive payment to the total of US$1,636,357 which was approved by and will be paid off to them by TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner."

This is still just for qualifying...not the base pay for the WC.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 02:24:41 AM »
Man you raise dis up ah did tought to miself at first view... " yes dem boys go play now'

Den ah see is ah old thread >:(
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 06:02:42 AM »
Ah know dis ah old thread, but....

<a href="http://www.thetobagonews.com/index.pl/article?id=5444320>55 players to get World Cup $$[/url]
tobagonews
Monday, January 23rd 2006
 Â.

A total of 55 players, who had been in the national squad dating back to T&T's first qualifying match against Dominican Republic, were to receive payment to the total of US$1,636,357 which was approved by and will be paid off to them by TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner. The TTFF have not yet received the payment of qualification earnings from FIFA.

De TTFF doh have a Finance committee?? Ah Accountant?  A Treasurer??? to do dis kind of thing??....why Jack does be in everything??

He is de TTFF PR man/mouth piece (Fuentes is just fuh show), the Treasurer, the man who does organise de games, select de team.... ::)
Geez and ages!!!

Yeah, yeah, ah know dis is old news....but lord people....how much longer dis supposed to go on??
 :(

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 09:07:22 AM »
Man you raise dis up ah did tought to miself at first view... " yes dem boys go play now'

Hardluck boss I didn't even realise.
I wish it was true doh....that they settle but say what....maybe this process will produce something good long term.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 10:05:37 AM »
did they really get any $$

this article is from january 07 i see

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 10:23:26 AM »
I get ketch too..i thought of the same thing... :(

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 10:42:58 AM »
did they really get any $$

this article is from january 07 i see

It was Jan 2006.
I believe they got that money before the WC started.

1]; } ?>