April 27, 2024, 11:58:31 AM

Author Topic: JA WIN 3-2 is war sunday is war  (Read 10556 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: JA WIN 3-2 is war sunday is war
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2007, 05:48:14 AM »
now i very curious....................has the usa ever squandered a 2 nil lead against a concacaf opponent in any  age group?. Something fishy there but all d same it go make d game sunday more intense. and yes it will be nice  to have2 caribbean representatives at a world cup
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2007, 06:15:45 AM »
Forget logic smogic  we had to beat canada to stay in it and we did no easy game there jamaica had to beat usa and to come from 2 goals down is a big feat big up to them its a big game on sunday and it go be a thriller I backing meh TT youths but it go be hard it'll be a real test of character go TT...Anton prepare them well...they go need to be ready sunday the atmosphere go be electric.  GO TT!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2007, 06:17:01 AM »
Don, U realize that JA beat the mighty USA today and Trinidad beat the weak Canada. The odds are for JA to win on Sunday ut I guess we have to wait and see.

Trinidad beat weak Canada and that same weak Canada hit all yuh 3, so what is your point? Your caveman logic is quite humorous.

And don't forget that JA beat a side with NOTHING to play for.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2007, 07:11:30 AM »
now i very curious....................has the usa ever squandered a 2 nil lead against a concacaf opponent in any  age group?. Something fishy there but all d same it go make d game sunday more intense. and yes it will be nice  to have2 caribbean representatives at a world cup

KINGSTON, Jamaica (May 4, 2007) — Despite allowing three goals in the final 14 minutes losing, 3-2, to Jamaica in their third match in Group B of the 2007 CONCACAF Final Round Qualifying Tournament this evening, the U.S. managed to qualify for their record 12th straight FIFA U-17 World Cup.

Quote Sheet   
Qualifying Home
The U.S. was guaranteed a spot in the World Cup this summer in South Korea before taking the field at the National Stadium in Kingston, Jamaica, due to Trinidad & Tobago’s surprising 2-1 upset against Canada in the first match of the doubleheader. Trinidad’s victory mathematically advanced the U.S. as they can not finish lower than third place. The top three teams in the group earn a berth to the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup, which will take place in eight venues in South Korea from Aug. 18-Sept. 9.

U.S. Head Coach John Hackworth
On what he think happened in the second half:
“I thought we stopped playing football and stopped passing the ball. We had really good rhythm, but we stopped it and started playing more direct. We basically looked like we were playing for a 2-0 result. You can’t do that. We didn’t handle it right.”

U.S. Captain Mykell Bates
On what their feeling was up 2-0 at halftime:
“The feeling is we have a cushion, but we were getting ahead of ourselves. We were already looking at qualifying with nine points and that was our biggest mistake – knowing that we should have realized the game is not over and we still had another 45 minutes.”

On what happened in the second half:
“We lost our game plan. We did not do what we were told to do, what we were supposed to do or what we needed to do. We got away from playing soccer and try to hold onto a 2-0 lead. What we needed to do was play soccer and knock it around like we did in the first half, and execute and put one in the back of the net to finish it off, 3-0.”

U.S. Defender Sheanon Williams
On the letdown in the second half:
“We set ourselves up perfectly to win the first half by playing the soccer we did, getting the two goals and defending well. But in the second half, we didn’t do any of that. We gave the ball away easily, we didn’t defend together and once they got their first goal we just came apart.”

---------------------------

If 3 points was needed the  USA would have gotten them

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2007, 08:12:55 AM »
Oh lord ah love it.....bachannal......oh laaawwddd....ah eh goh be able to take de stress Sunday.....

:flamethrower:  :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:

fuh JA....Sunday....

Come on boys....dig deep.....reeeeaaallll deep.....

GO WARRIORS!!!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 08:16:23 AM by brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2007, 08:17:46 AM »
Congrats Jamaica...I'm pleased that you guys beat dem stinkin' yankees. Imagine a country calling our beautiful game "sakher"  :-\? I know that you guys have homefield advantage, but the Warriors shall prevail!

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
Re: JA WIN 3-2
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2007, 08:32:46 AM »
The last these two teams meet (JA vs T&T @ U-17 or 20 level coached by Brian Williams) was in a play-off if I was not mistaken at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium. JA end up beating us in our back yard and advance to the next phase of qualification. Then they ran all over our stadium celebrating and heckling our fans and players.

T&T would you allow it again?

It is war!!

Kingman
Jamaica won their(1st) leg 2-0 and we won our leg 1-0 and missed several chances.
That was the recent U-20 qualifiers.
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2007, 08:36:58 AM »
Reggae vs Soca. NOW WE START. :duel:
dont chicken out JA   :devil:
You are kidding, right! With a spot to the U-17 World Cup going to the winner.
See you in the Office on Sunday to give your U-17s their pink slip. 8)
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2007, 08:43:13 AM »
Don, U realize that JA beat the mighty USA today and Trinidad beat the weak Canada. The odds are for JA to win on Sunday ut I guess we have to wait and see.

Trinidad beat weak Canada and that same weak Canada hit all yuh 3, so what is your point? Your caveman logic is quite humorous.
So did T&T beat the US??
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2007, 08:47:27 AM »

or on the flip side, Jamaica score 3 on a strong USA, the same USA who blanked you 3-0. At this point, its all about match-ups. Jamaica looks to have started slowly, but seemed to have put up a very much improved performance vs Costa Rica, and from what I heard, outplayed the USA (coming back from 2 goals down is no easy feat). Now that the adrenaline is flowing, and playing arguably their easiest game of the tournament, i am silently hoping that they dont get over-confident.

At the end of the day, I think the Caribbean will have two representatives at the world cup...Haiti + (JA/T&T)

everybody is a comedian. RF u well know the US was already qualified. wasn't about no match ups. If the 2 games were played at the same time, JA done out the tourney. U also know that if it were reverese, yuh and yuh sidekick JA2099 would be crying htat Jack Warner tief for T&T by not playing the games at the same time and allowing T&T to play a team that already knew the had qualified...The both of you embarasss yourself with panic and pessimism when it looked like JA was ging to lose to hte US. Just face it. T&T is much better than you thought and has been playing very well all tournament, even in the face of two losses in the firts 2 games. Jamaica is nowhere as good as you predicted and should thank hte heavens they met a US team who couldn't care less. I remember some predictions that we would lose every game and end up scoreless. You never imagined your WC qualification would come down to a showdown with T&T..and yuh know we good enough to beat allyuh. That is why neither you nor JA 2099 talking about the licks as a foregone conclusion like you were bragging at the beginning of the tourney. It will be a titanic clash..yuh never expected that. Sunday..we will have to wait and see
That's true! I said all that and stand by what I said last week and yesterday. Unfortunately, I am not on the field so it's the Young Boyz that are changing the outcome of the qualifiers and my predictions.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 08:52:43 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2007, 08:53:20 AM »

So did T&T beat the US??

jamaica2099 you must learn to reason and learn to reason good
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2007, 08:54:16 AM »

But pride. The US considers all Caribbean nations gnats.
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2007, 08:59:13 AM »

KINGSTON, Jamaica (May 4, 2007) — Despite allowing three goals in the final 14 minutes losing, 3-2, to Jamaica in their third match in Group B of the 2007 CONCACAF Final Round Qualifying Tournament this evening, the U.S. managed to qualify for their record 12th straight FIFA U-17 World Cup.

Quote Sheet   
Qualifying Home
The U.S. was guaranteed a spot in the World Cup this summer in South Korea before taking the field at the National Stadium in Kingston, Jamaica, due to Trinidad & Tobago’s surprising 2-1 upset against Canada in the first match of the doubleheader. Trinidad’s victory mathematically advanced the U.S. as they can not finish lower than third place. The top three teams in the group earn a berth to the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup, which will take place in eight venues in South Korea from Aug. 18-Sept. 9.

“I thought we stopped playing football and stopped passing the ball. We had really good rhythm, but we stopped it and started playing more direct. We basically looked like we were playing for a 2-0 result. You can’t do that. We didn’t handle it right.”

“The feeling is we have a cushion, but we were getting ahead of ourselves. We were already looking at qualifying with nine points and that was our biggest mistake – knowing that we should have realized the game is not over and we still had another 45 minutes.”

“We lost our game plan. We did not do what we were told to do, what we were supposed to do or what we needed to do. We got away from playing soccer and try to hold onto a 2-0 lead. What we needed to do was play soccer and knock it around like we did in the first half, and execute and put one in the back of the net to finish it off, 3-0.”

“We set ourselves up perfectly to win the first half by playing the soccer we did, getting the two goals and defending well. But in the second half, we didn’t do any of that. We gave the ball away easily, we didn’t defend together and once they got their first goal we just came apart.”

I would have printed this too if it was the other way around. But the US being an giantic proud nation would not give up 3 goals so easily in the last 10 minutes of a game. Especially after the 1st goal.
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2007, 09:01:29 AM »

what ever pride of what ???? had the usa need a win yuh think they was going to let ja back into the game... the players even siad it they stop played in the second half

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2007, 09:05:01 AM »

Quote Sheet   
Qualifying Home

I would have printed this too if it was the other way around. But the US being an giantic proud nation would not give up 3 goals so easily in the last 10 minutes of a game. Especially after the 1st goal.

dont come with that rubbish yuh just looking for sumthing the stop play and they get ketch by jamaica who was just desperate ... bout pride you all certainly did not play the same usa team (on a mission  that trinidad played)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2007, 09:09:37 AM »

So did T&T beat the US??

jamaica2099 you must learn to reason and learn to reason good
I had to because of the "caveman logic" reply. And I wanted to keep things simple.
But don't worry. Come Sunday I will be on this forum to calm down the cries of despair and explain logically why your U-17s lost to the Young Boyz. ;D
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2007, 09:15:52 AM »

what ever pride of what ???? had the usa need a win yuh think they was going to let ja back into the game... the players even siad it they stop played in the second half
Yes! But the first goal from the Young Boyz must have stung because there is no way they would allowed the equalising goal to be scored FOUR minutes later. No "superior" team would have allowed that to happen. And as we have seen all the time the team that scores a goal still feels the adrenaline pumping for minutes after they scored. 
jjbrown

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2007, 09:28:06 AM »
Fellas...let's take a page from Kaliman. A lot is on the line Sunday...but let's a take a second to congratulate 2 small caribbean nations who turn the table on their more highly rated North American counterparts...Jamaica showed them overconfident Yanks what it is all about. Doh really matter what the circumstances were..they came from 2 goals down. And T&T beat a Canadian team that thought they had already booked their tickets to Korea.

Alright..Unity done for now. Sinday Sunday Sunday. A tie will be disastrous cuz Canada will go thru. We can't get the senior teams to meet. Guess we have to settle for a monumental Under 17 class for all the marbles..

Question: Have 2 caribbean teams ever represented Concacaf at an Under 17 WC?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2007, 09:32:36 AM »
I think we really missing the point here!!

Why are we fighting like crabs in a barrel??

Yesterday, the top two caribbean footballing nations defeated the best that North America had to offer making it a great day for caribbean football.

Now one of us has a chance to qualify, so let's just let those boys lay it on the line on sunday and let the better team win!!

Previous matchups dont count........nothing counts, i dont care who beat who already........it all comes down to who executes on sunday, and if i had a choice, it would be de young warriors!!

GO YOUNG WARRIORS.........

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2007, 09:40:05 AM »

Yes! But the first goal from the Young Boyz must have stung because there is no way they would allowed the equalising goal to be scored FOUR minutes later. No "superior" team would have allowed that to happen. And as we have seen all the time the team that scores a goal still feels the adrenaline pumping for minutes after they scored. 

so now u r evenly matched with the usa you relly on cloud nine

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2007, 09:42:23 AM »

Yesterday, the top two caribbean footballing nations defeated the best that North America had to offer making it a great day for caribbean football.

Now one of us has a chance to qualify, so let's just let those boys lay it on the line on sunday and let the better team win!!

Previous matchups dont count........nothing counts, i dont care who beat who already........it all comes down to who executes on sunday, and if i had a choice, it would be de young warriors!!

ah love it!!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

let's not forget what Haiti did in Qualifying and that JA overcame Mexico in a friendly. Let's hope this generation develops to continue to challenge the status quo at senior level

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2007, 09:53:58 AM »

Jamaica and T&T have always been evenly matched with the USA. Questionable calls are just beginning to turn for us now that the US have built quite a winning record over the "small teams" during the years we have been playing.
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2007, 10:13:32 AM »

Jamaica and T&T have always been evenly matched with the USA. Questionable calls are just beginning to turn for us now that the US have built quite a winning record over the "small teams" during the years we have been playing.

evenly matched what eva big man

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2007, 10:28:06 AM »
The T&T vs Canada match will be shown later on TVJ Sports Network. I will watch keenly to see how your U-17s play. :beermug:   
jjbrown

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2007, 10:33:07 AM »
I personally see this as a bragging right to see who will be achieveing more in the caribbean. There`s only these two team with Haiti looking in that can really compete at a high level. lets go baby warriors.......... :cheers:
All American

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2007, 12:23:23 PM »

ah love it!!

very nice andre samuel

but they playing T&T

so 4k dem

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2007, 12:52:28 PM »
Steeeeups,  JA beat a USA team that was reduced to 10 men,  and Ja only score after the team was reduced to 10 men.  So you consider a 10 man USA squad to be MIGHTY?   Don't get me wrong, I am glad that JA beat the USA but don't get confused my friend.  That was just a fortunate break for JA not a mighty victory. 

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2007, 01:08:50 PM »
Steeeeups,  JA beat a USA team that was reduced to 10 men,  and Ja only score after the team was reduced to 10 men.  So you consider a 10 man USA squad to be MIGHTY?   Don't get me wrong, I am glad that JA beat the USA but don't get confused my friend.  That was just a fortunate break for JA not a mighty victory. 

Ignore that post, It seems that JA did pull off a mighty victory.  It was the US coach that got removed and not a us player....lard ha mercy!!

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2007, 02:44:47 PM »
people, is it just me, but are we not digesting what actually happened yesterday?????

T&T and Ja beat Canada and the USA on the same flikkin day !

If anyone had told me this would happen beforehand, I would never believe it.

Honestly, us beating Canada is a surprise.

Ja beating the US is even a bigger surprise. they have neven beaten the US at any level I think.

It is a great day for caribbean football, these are 2 powerhouse youth teams in CONCACAF.

Lets not take this lightly.

Onto the big war on Sunday, good luck warriors!

Lets make some more history now....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2007, 03:56:40 PM »
people, is it just me, but are we not digesting what actually happened yesterday?????

T&T and Ja beat Canada and the USA on the same flikkin day !

If anyone had told me this would happen beforehand, I would never believe it.

Honestly, us beating Canada is a surprise.

Ja beating the US is even a bigger surprise. they have neven beaten the US at any level I think.

It is a great day for caribbean football, these are 2 powerhouse youth teams in CONCACAF.

Lets not take this lightly.

Onto the big war on Sunday, good luck warriors!

Lets make some more history now....
USA stopped playing after 45 minutes. Before kick off they had already qualified- so Jamaica beat a side that had nothing to play for. T&T on the other hand beat a much-hailed Canadian team that actually had to win that game to ensure their place.

1]; } ?>