April 27, 2024, 10:41:25 AM

Author Topic: JA WIN 3-2 is war sunday is war  (Read 10554 times)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: JA WIN 3-2 is war sunday is war
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2007, 04:39:48 PM »
Don, U realize that JA beat the mighty USA today and Trinidad beat the weak Canada. The odds are for JA to win on Sunday ut I guess we have to wait and see.

Trinidad beat weak Canada and that same weak Canada hit all yuh 3, so what is your point? Your caveman logic is quite humorous.
or on the flip side, Jamaica score 3 on a strong USA, the same USA who blanked you 3-0. At this point, its all about match-ups. Jamaica looks to have started slowly, but seemed to have put up a very much improved performance vs Costa Rica, and from what I heard, outplayed the USA (coming back from 2 goals down is no easy feat). Now that the adrenaline is flowing, and playing arguably their easiest game of the tournament, i am silently hoping that they dont get over-confident.

At the end of the day, I think the Caribbean will have two representatives at the world cup...Haiti + (JA/T&T)

everybody is a comedian. RF u well know the US was already qualified. wasn't about no match ups. If the 2 games were played at the same time, JA done out the tourney. U also know that if it were reverese, yuh and yuh sidekick JA2099 would be crying htat Jack Warner tief for T&T by not playing the games at the same time and allowing T&T to play a team that already knew the had qualified...The both of you embarasss yourself with panic and pessimism when it looked like JA was ging to lose to hte US. Just face it. T&T is much better than you thought and has been playing very well all tournament, even in the face of two losses in the firts 2 games. Jamaica is nowhere as good as you predicted and should thank hte heavens they met a US team who couldn't care less. I remember some predictions that we would lose every game and end up scoreless. You never imagined your WC qualification would come down to a showdown with T&T..and yuh know we good enough to beat allyuh. That is why neither you nor JA 2099 talking about the licks as a foregone conclusion like you were bragging at the beginning of the tourney. It will be a titanic clash..yuh never expected that. Sunday..we will have to wait and see

Fhilo, yes I did predict T&T would finish last in the tournament, and as things stand right now, my prediction is holding true. T&T is currently at the bottom of the standings, and a loss to Jamaica would confirm it.  The USA had already qualified when they took the field vs Jamaica, but I saw nothing to suggest to me that they started the game 'complacent', as the team that took the field included all their "choice" players from their squad.

Jamaica defeated and tied Mexico here in a warm up series, now they have ticked off the USA. I dont see any reason to think they cant tick off T&T, playing at home.

Good luck, and may the Caribbean send two reps to the under 17 world cup.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2007, 04:42:03 PM »
Don, U realize that JA beat the mighty USA today and Trinidad beat the weak Canada. The odds are for JA to win on Sunday ut I guess we have to wait and see.

Trinidad beat weak Canada and that same weak Canada hit all yuh 3, so what is your point? Your caveman logic is quite humorous.
or on the flip side, Jamaica score 3 on a strong USA, the same USA who blanked you 3-0. At this point, its all about match-ups. Jamaica looks to have started slowly, but seemed to have put up a very much improved performance vs Costa Rica, and from what I heard, outplayed the USA (coming back from 2 goals down is no easy feat). Now that the adrenaline is flowing, and playing arguably their easiest game of the tournament, i am silently hoping that they dont get over-confident.

At the end of the day, I think the Caribbean will have two representatives at the world cup...Haiti + (JA/T&T)

everybody is a comedian. RF u well know the US was already qualified. wasn't about no match ups. If the 2 games were played at the same time, JA done out the tourney. U also know that if it were reverese, yuh and yuh sidekick JA2099 would be crying htat Jack Warner tief for T&T by not playing the games at the same time and allowing T&T to play a team that already knew the had qualified...The both of you embarasss yourself with panic and pessimism when it looked like JA was ging to lose to hte US. Just face it. T&T is much better than you thought and has been playing very well all tournament, even in the face of two losses in the firts 2 games. Jamaica is nowhere as good as you predicted and should thank hte heavens they met a US team who couldn't care less. I remember some predictions that we would lose every game and end up scoreless. You never imagined your WC qualification would come down to a showdown with T&T..and yuh know we good enough to beat allyuh. That is why neither you nor JA 2099 talking about the licks as a foregone conclusion like you were bragging at the beginning of the tourney. It will be a titanic clash..yuh never expected that. Sunday..we will have to wait and see

Fhilo, yes I did predict T&T would finish last in the tournament, and as things stand right now, my prediction is holding true. T&T is currently at the bottom of the standings, and a loss to Jamaica would confirm it.  The USA had already qualified when they took the field vs Jamaica, but I saw nothing to suggest to me that they started the game 'complacent', as the team that took the field included all their "choice" players from their squad.

Jamaica defeated and tied Mexico here in a warm up series, now they have ticked off the USA. I dont see any reason to think they cant tick off T&T, playing at home.

Nope they did not start a few regualrs they took off nimo in the 65 minute etc etc ....
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 04:58:40 PM by DWarriorMan »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2007, 04:52:28 PM »

RF..nutten wrong with your prediction. It may come true. On paper, Ja and T&T are underdogs and you guys playing at home. So to the neutral, that leaves T&T bottom of the heap. It was really JA2099 I was getting kicks off  ;)..In the beginning, he predicted we wouldn't score a goal and wouldn't get a point. But this T&T team has surpised everyone...even the teams that beat them. They've put themselves within 1 point (I'll get to that later) of qualifying for the WC when everyone outside of T&T thought of thema s jokes. As for your point about the current standings...they don't count for much since we are in a better position than JA. What you don't realize is that if T&T and Jamaica tie..T&T will qualify. The rules actually state head to head between teams tied on points counts before goal difference. So a tie would leave T&T on top. Canada is out no matter what happens. So your wish for 2 Caribbean teams in the WC has already come true. Maybe I am reading the rules wrong..there ism another thread where I posted the details...If I am wrong..I stand corrected..But I'm pretty sure all we need is a tie. I doubt it really changes anyone's game plan though. It will be a hell of a game tomorrow. There is not a player on either team who has played a game that means his much. Boys will be turning into men tomorrow..Go T&T!!!!

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2007, 06:05:33 PM »

RF..nutten wrong with your prediction. It may come true. On paper, Ja and T&T are underdogs and you guys playing at home. So to the neutral, that leaves T&T bottom of the heap. It was really JA2099 I was getting kicks off  ;)..In the beginning, he predicted we wouldn't score a goal and wouldn't get a point. But this T&T team has surpised everyone...even the teams that beat them. They've put themselves within 1 point (I'll get to that later) of qualifying for the WC when everyone outside of T&T thought of thema s jokes. As for your point about the current standings...they don't count for much since we are in a better position than JA. What you don't realize is that if T&T and Jamaica tie..T&T will qualify. The rules actually state head to head between teams tied on points counts before goal difference. So a tie would leave T&T on top. Canada is out no matter what happens. So your wish for 2 Caribbean teams in the WC has already come true. Maybe I am reading the rules wrong..there ism another thread where I posted the details...If I am wrong..I stand corrected..But I'm pretty sure all we need is a tie. I doubt it really changes anyone's game plan though. It will be a hell of a game tomorrow. There is not a player on either team who has played a game that means his much. Boys will be turning into men tomorrow..Go T&T!!!!

No so fast there Filho. If Jamaica and T&T end up with a tie, it means Canada, jamaica and T&T end up on four points each. Head to head WILL NOT Come into play here, as head to head is only used as a two way tie breaker...in this case its a three way scenario (Canada, Ja, T&T).  The second tie breaker would come into effect, which is net goals scored. At least thats my interpretation of the rules. As it stands, a tie between T&T and Jamaica will see Canada advancing. Any other result will see the wonner advancing. So both teams are in a must win scenario.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2007, 07:55:20 PM »

No so fast there Filho. If Jamaica and T&T end up with a tie, it means Canada, jamaica and T&T end up on four points each. Head to head WILL NOT Come into play here, as head to head is only used as a two way tie breaker...in this case its a three way scenario (Canada, Ja, T&T).  The second tie breaker would come into effect, which is net goals scored. At least thats my interpretation of the rules. As it stands, a tie between T&T and Jamaica will see Canada advancing. Any other result will see the wonner advancing. So both teams are in a must win scenario.

I think I'm interpreting it right. It says if two or more are tied you go to head to head. There is language that later says head to head between the two tied teams[/b], but I think we'll see that's actually a typo that needs to be amended. I think the language that governs it is the lead in [b]two or more teams[/i] . I understand where you coming from. No point in even arguing. We really need someone official to clarify otherwise we just interpreting it differently...and if one team wins tomorrow it's all a moot point. But it was a Jamaican newspaper that first mentioned head to head. Also, when Stephen Hart was interviewed he said clealry that Canada were now out and could not qualify. I'm guessing that the Canadian coach knows the rules. Anyway, we'll see how it ends up tomorrow...it's not like T&T is gonna play for a tie anyway. That would be an extremely scary thing to try and do with 16 year olds...see what you can find out..but I htink T&T goes through with a tie

1]; } ?>