March 29, 2024, 06:41:48 AM

Author Topic: Horrendous jazz festival experience...(Interesting letter to the press)  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_opinion?id=161141736

Horrendous jazz fest experience
Saturday, May 5th 2007

The devil, it is said, is in the details and boy was he present big time at the Plymouth Jazz Festival. Never me again!

How do you have great music and a great audience yet still contrive to deliver such a horrible customer experience?! Imagine, ticket holders having to rent chairs and chairs running out in the VIP section!Â

Imagine curtailing the foreign acts that were the main drawing card and the complete disrespect shown to Diana Ross by interrupting her while on stage! Imagine walking for nearly a mile after the show before being picked up by the shuttle service!

Oh well-St Lucia, here I come.

Caryl

Via e-mail
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Does any of the forumites in this forum who went to the jazz festival share the same feelings with this editor?
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
everyting in de caribbean is fukked up.allyuh forget de world cup already.they cannot plan shit.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
why does the Rhetoric have to make reference to the "devil".
Sometimes it is just plain and simple the in-experience of the current organisers.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Question for the forumites...How long does the Tobago Jazz festival exist?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
"Over the two years of the festival’s existence it has become synonymous with many big name artistes starting in 2005 with headline act Stevie Wonder and including Natalie Cole, Baby Face, the O jays, India Arie, Shaggy and more. The second edition of the festival in 2006 saw performances by the electrifying British rocker Sting, Patti La Belle, Vanessa Williams among others with return stints by the ‘ Eight Wonder of the world’ and Ms Cole .

In addition to Sir Elton, the 2007  event will feature the likes of Gladys Knight, Earth Wind and Fire, Al Green, heather Headley, LL Cool J and more big name artistes yet to be announced."

http://www.visittobago.gov.tt/load_page.asp?ID=77
and here
http://www.plymouthjazzfest.com/
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
"Over the two years of the festival’s existence it has become synonymous with many big name artistes starting in 2005 with headline act Stevie Wonder and including Natalie Cole, Baby Face, the O jays, India Arie, Shaggy and more. The second edition of the festival in 2006 saw performances by the electrifying British rocker Sting, Patti La Belle, Vanessa Williams among others with return stints by the ‘ Eight Wonder of the world’ and Ms Cole .

In addition to Sir Elton, the 2007  event will feature the likes of Gladys Knight, Earth Wind and Fire, Al Green, heather Headley, LL Cool J and more big name artistes yet to be announced."

http://www.visittobago.gov.tt/load_page.asp?ID=77
and here
http://www.plymouthjazzfest.com/

Thanks!...I figured this festival only existed a short time.......Trinbagonians normally take years and years to correct mistakes.. :-\

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well from what i heard......A local artiste's performance went over time....and it had some problems with the others to follow her so it initially was not a problem...but then it cut in to Diana Ross' time.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>