April 29, 2024, 02:12:12 AM

Author Topic: U-17 Scenario.  (Read 4135 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
U-17 Scenario.
« on: May 01, 2007, 05:38:15 AM »
CONCACAF Group B Final Round Qualifying
Kingston, Jamaica

Saturday, April 28
Trinidad & Tobago 0 vs. Costa Rica 2
Jamaica 0 vs. Canada 3

Monday, April 30
Costa Rica 0 vs. Canada 0
USA 3 vs. Trinidad & Tobago 0

Scenario 1

Wednesday, May 2
USA 1 vs. Canada 0
Jamaica 1 vs. Costa Rica 2

Friday, May 4
Canada 1 vs. Trinidad & Tobago 2
USA 3 vs. Jamaica 0

Sunday, May 6
USA 1 vs. Costa Rica 0
Jamaica 0 vs. Trinidad & Tobago 1

Standing

P  W  L  D  F  A  P
USA         4  4  0  0  8  0  12
Costa Rica 4  2  1  1  4  2  7
T&T         4  2  2  0  3  6  6
Canada     4  1  1  2  4  3  4
Jamaica    4  0  4  0  1  9  0

We have to win our next 2 games and hope USA and Costa Rica take care of business. Sorry Canada, I would love to support you guys because of SH but unfortunately we still have to face you. Its not impossible guys lets go T&T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any other Trini supporters here wants to name more Scenarios ? I hate USA and Costa Rica to go but realistically they are the strongest sides.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 08:37:51 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-17 Scenario.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 05:50:38 AM »
we  can only get 6 point s max from our  remaining games. We have to hope canada beats the usa as they would have 7 points  and a sure spot and a JA ,costa rica tie..... . leaving costa rica to go at the USA hard  in  d  FINAL game . And the USA play an all out against  JA.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 07:22:25 AM by DWarriorMan »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 06:15:21 AM »
Men’s U-17 Team
Monday, April 30, 2007
Canada stays atop of U-17 Group B

Canada's men's U-17 team stayed atop of the CONCACAF Group B standings after a scoreless draw with Costa Rica on Monday 30 April in Kingston, Jamaica. Both Canada and Costa Rica are unbeaten (one win, one draw) after two matches, although Canada leads the group with a better goal differential.

"It was a very difficult first half for us," says coach Stephen Hart. "We defended well and created some chances on set plays, but we gave away the ball far too easily. The humidity also made it difficult when we turned the ball over.

"In the second half we were much more efficient with our possession. We took the game to Costa Rica, but unfortunately we could not capitalize."

On Monday, most of the play was in the middle of the pitch, although Canada was the stronger side in the second half. Both teams had a couple of good scoring chances in the first half, but neither team came close in the second half.

Canada's first good chance was created by Greg Smith who made a miraculous run into the box, fending off two defenders. As he cut into the six-yard box, he was brought down without a call.

A few minutes thereafter, Canada came close again. This time, Kyle Porter took a pass on the left side and elected to cut inside rather than run the ball down the line. He took his shot from just outside the left corner of the 18-yard box and just missed the top-right corner of the net.

In other CONCACAF Group B action, the United States won their opening game 3:0 over Trinidad & Tobago. The United States are now in third place (one win, +3) while Jamaica is in fourth place (one loss, -3) and Trinidad & Tobago is in fifth place (two losses, -5).

Canada's next game in Wednesday 2 May against the United States.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 07:50:56 AM »
By Mosiah
RBSC

Re: U-17: Mind boggling to see the apathy on the board.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was very disappointed with our performance against Canada. We looked nothing like we did against Mexico. We appeared slow and hesitant.

I also had some problems with the coaching decisions, particularly the substitutions.

Our stars did not show up. Dever Orgill, the captain had a poor game, even while not being adequately served by the midfield. And everybody's favorite (except mine) John Ross Doyley, played Tappa for most of the match. Yes, he disappeared! I can't say it often enuff - somebody should by now teach the youngster how to kick. Flinging a heavy foot into the ball is not kicking! Bonner, one of my favorite players, was subbed. I don't know why.

We are going to have to work hard to beat Costa Rica tomorrow, but it is not impossible.

Costa Rica looked better yesterday against Canada, who I thought struggled to contain them. CR definitely had the better chances but both teams weren't doing all they could for a win.

T&T looked a lot better yesterday than they did against CR. In fact, after the opening goal in the 2nd minute for the USA, T&T did get several attacks going that could have brought about a goal. The Americans struggled with their wing play and had some trouble clearing the crosses. On another day, some of those loose balls would have found the feet of the Trinis. Nyamdirt, Leston Paul is not all that. The white boy who came on in the 2nd half, I think his name is Sean Desilva, was quite useful. He seems to have a good left-foot shot and spread the ball around well. Stephan Knox, the striker was very tricky and a bit unfortunate.

But the yanks didn't panic and re-established their dominance with good football. Nimo is a handful, appearing very comfortable with the ball at his feet. (Is he better than Adu?) You could tell that they were well-coached and were very used to each other. McLoughlin, the striker, turns really well on the ball and has good technique.

It was clear that the US was the better side, but T&T was not overwhelmed.

Tomorrow's games will separate the qualifiers from those who will have to wait another 4 years
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 08:04:55 AM »
CONCACAF Group B Final Round Qualifying
Kingston, Jamaica

Saturday, April 28
Trinidad & Tobago 0 vs. Costa Rica 2
Jamaica 0 vs. Canada 3

Monday, April 30
Costa Rica 0 vs. Canada 0
USA 3 vs. Trinidad & Tobago 0

Scenario 1

Wednesday, May 2
USA 1 vs. Canada 0
Jamaica 1 vs. Costa Rica 2

Friday, May 4
Canada 1 vs. Trinidad & Tobago 2
USA 3 vs. Jamaica 0

Sunday, May 6
USA 1 vs. Costa Rica 0
Jamaica 0 vs. Trinidad & Tobago 2

Standing

P  W  L  D  F  A  P
USA         4  4  0  0  8  0  12
Costa Rica 4  2  1  1  4  2  7
T&T         4  2  2  0  4  6  6
Canada     4  1  1  2  4  3  4
Jamaica    4  0  4  0  1  10  0

We have to win our next 2 games and hope USA and Costa Rica take care of business. Sorry Canada, I would love to support you guys because of SH but unfortunately we still have to face you. Its not impossible guys lets go T&T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any other Trini supporters here wants to name more Scenarios ? I hate USA and Costa Rica to go but realistically they are the strongest sides.

I am glad  to see your optimistic outlook, but the reality is that under Corneal we will not get  the maximum results needed and our journey will end with just a footnote that we participated well.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 08:15:27 AM »
Well once there's life there's hope. Even if we don't make it i go settle for the consolation of beating Jamacia. :devil:
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 11:27:05 AM »
Well once there's life there's hope. Even if we don't make it i go settle for the consolation of beating Jamacia. :devil:
Good luck then.  ;D
jjbrown

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 05:00:52 PM »
Hear this scenario:

The federation does not let this batch of players go by d wayside as the countless under U17 squads and dey  go on to qualify for the U20 Wc.
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 05:14:21 PM »
Boy Gladman look at this the US done have the under 15 pool ah player trining already .. I am sure our under 15 team eh pick yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfFRZrlPleM

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 07:49:07 PM »
Sometimes I does wonder if this is a stats site. Nuff equations does be posted. At the start my goal was to beat JA. So Reagae fan etal will go on their site and gives us a break.

Fail to prepare prepare to fail. The story of our lives. I agree keep these guys together after see the last crop of Under 20's I beg pleeze keep this team together.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 06:39:37 AM »
From yesterdays results. We are on course, providing we win our last 2 games.

USA 2 vs. Canada 1
Jamaica 0 vs. Costa Rica 1
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 06:44:30 AM »

USA 2 vs. Canada 1

Exactly..USA did us a favor by beating Canada. Now our destiny is entirely in our hands. Although the task is difficult, 2 wins and we're in, regardlss of the other results. After losing the first 2 games, you really can't ask for more than that.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 07:24:02 AM »

USA 2 vs. Canada 1

Exactly..USA did us a favor by beating Canada. Now our destiny is entirely in our hands. Although the task is difficult, 2 wins and we're in, regardlss of the other results. After losing the first 2 games, you really can't ask for more than that.

the only advantage we have is Canada playing 4 games straight so they may be tired  ....  but then we seem not to score goals ...... and all Canada needs ah point and then they  safe ....Them youth have to dig deep down.. and it seems leston paul had a quiet game against the USA he needs to show up...

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 08:28:40 AM »
Where we are now was always the route in this tournament.......Try and compete with USA and Costa Rica, and beat Canada and Jamaica.
For us we now start the competition.

Go TNT
Two islands are better than one.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 08:41:14 AM »
we  can only get 6 point s max from our  remaining games. We have to hope canada beats the usa as they would have 7 points  and a sure spot and a JA ,costa rica tie..... . leaving costa rica to go at the USA hard  in  d  FINAL game . And the USA play an all out against  JA.

It's like deja vu all over again,everytime is the same f**king thing,imagine we reach to this,and what if we some how scrape through this,what does that mean,we suddenly have a team that could win the tournament or people on this site could have something to talk about or we could tell people our under 17's are in the next round but we not going to win it.

What's going on here,is everybody sleeping or as another man say on an earlier post we taking small steps,so next time around this team will be better,"What madness is this"did he even consider that you don't remain 17 all your life and within the next couple years is a new crop of under 17's..............I done ah gone.....       

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 08:57:11 AM »

It's like deja vu all over again,everytime is the same f**king thing,imagine we reach to this,and what if we some how scrape through this,what does that mean,we suddenly have a team that could win the tournament or people on this site could have something to talk about or we could tell people our under 17's are in the next round but we not going to win it.

What's going on here,is everybody sleeping or as another man say on an earlier post we taking small steps,so next time around this team will be better,"What madness is this"did he even consider that you don't remain 17 all your life and within the next couple years is a new crop of under 17's..............I done ah gone.....       

easy man you going real hard dey man

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Head to Head?
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2007, 06:10:56 PM »
Scenario: Jamaica and T&T tie tomorrow's game; Jamaica, Canada, T&T = 4 points each.  From my interpretation of the rules, head to head does not come into play here, since its really three teams involved in the equation and not two...Net goals scored would come into effect in this case. I believe a tied game will result in Canada advancing, and not T&T.  Canada does in fact have a 33.33 % chance of advancing, as does Jamaica and T&T.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 06:12:31 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
Re: Head to Head?
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2007, 06:21:05 PM »
Head to head first, even  involving MORE THAN TWO tied teams boss. See the following excerpt from the rules. We only need a tie to go through. We have a better record head to head of the 3 teams in case of a tie:

4. At the end of group play, if two or more teams are equal on
points (including ties among third place teams), the manner in
which teams will advance to the next round will be resolved as
follows and in the order indicated: 

a. The result of head-to-head competition between the two
tied teams; 
Two islands are better than one.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2007, 06:31:25 PM »
watch nuh watch nuh it aint havin no tie..TNT 3 JA 2..ah dun talk!

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2007, 06:39:47 PM »
Head to head first, even  involving MORE THAN TWO tied teams boss. See the following excerpt from the rules. We only need a tie to go through. We have a better record head to head of the 3 teams in case of a tie:

4. At the end of group play, if two or more teams are equal on
points (including ties among third place teams), the manner in

tied teams; 

I believe you are misinterpriting the rules.  The two or more teams as used above does not neccesarily say that head to head will be used as the tie breaker, it says one of the tie-breaker methods will be used....From what I know of the Head to head, it can only be used where there is a two way tie.  It would be virtually impossible to determine who advances if, say for instance there was a 6 team tie on points.

"...The result of head-to-head competition between the two tied teams..." in this case its three and not two tied teams.

I would hate for us to learn at the end of  atied game that Canada in fact are the ones making it to othe finals.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 06:43:40 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2007, 06:44:21 PM »
. At the end of group play, if two or more teams are equal on
points (
including ties among third place teams), the manner in

tied teams; 
b. The difference between goals for and goals against from all
group matches;
c. The team having scored the most goals from all group
matches;
d. Failing this, the qualified team shall be determined by a
drawing of lots carried out by a member of the Organizing
Committee.

5. The first and second place teams of the four-team group and the
first, second and third place teams of the five-team group will
qualify for the FIFA U-17 World Cup.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2007, 06:58:11 PM »
Brilliant reponse below to end this discussion. RF just chill nah.

It is head to head first..not goal difference. If T&T, Canada and Jamaica end up on 4 points, you look at the points between the 3. Jamaica would have 1 pt. from the T&T tie and Canada loss. Canada would have 3 points from the Jamaica win and the T&T loss. T&T would have 4 points from the Canada win and Jamaica tie. That is how the head to head  works. So a tie and we qualify  :beermug:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2007, 11:18:31 AM »
So wouldn't it mean Canada advancing since they beat T&T ???
jjbrown

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2007, 11:25:03 AM »
T&T beat Canada 2-1

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2007, 11:27:34 AM »
. At the end of group play, if two or more teams are equal on
points (
including ties among third place teams), the manner in

tied teams; 

b. The difference between goals for and goals against from all
group matches;
c. The team having scored the most goals from all group
matches;
d. Failing this, the qualified team shall be determined by a
drawing of lots carried out by a member of the Organizing
Committee.

5. The first and second place teams of the four-team group and the
first, second and third place teams of the five-team group will
qualify for the FIFA U-17 World Cup.

This settles the argument. A tie sends T&T to Korea. We're playing for a win any way so it doesn't matter.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2007, 11:47:42 AM »
What tournament you watching.

Filho's assaessment is correct if they going by standard rules.

They use the 3 teams as a minileague and go Points then GD then GF within the games plyed between the 3.

RF that 6 team scenario makes no sense because the minileague will be the entire group do you will go straight to GD then GF.

I have to say though, that I don't know whether it is FIFA or Concacaf setting the rules.

Concacaf does set some strange rules when they ready.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2007, 01:19:04 PM »
T&T beat Canada 2-1
Paying attention are we? :devil:
jjbrown

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2007, 08:53:53 AM »
Scenario: Jamaica and T&T tie tomorrow's game; Jamaica, Canada, T&T = 4 points each.  From my interpretation of the rules, head to head does not come into play here, since its really three teams involved in the equation and not two...Net goals scored would come into effect in this case. I believe a tied game will result in Canada advancing, and not T&T.  Canada does in fact have a 33.33 % chance of advancing, as does Jamaica and T&T.

TnT 1  JA 00000000000000000000000 ;D (ah could add a few more zeros if you like ;D )
yesterday's result rendered all this hypothetical bullsh*t moot.

TNT TNT TNT  FOREVER!!!         
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>