April 19, 2024, 10:44:14 PM

Author Topic: Schmidt: Leading from in front  (Read 979 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Schmidt: Leading from in front
« on: September 02, 2010, 04:42:29 AM »
Leading from in front
T&T Guardian

T&T’s 17-year-old starting central defender Lauren Schmidt has been handed that challenge of leading the Soca Princesses on home soil in the country’s attempt to win its first World Cup trophy of any kind.

NAME: Lauren Schmidt
DOB: 27-04-93
Position: Center Defender
Club: MVLA Avalanche

Q:How did you get involved in Football?
A: My dad always tried to get me to play and he finally convinced me to when I turned 8 years old. I have loved it since then.

Q:Are you nervous about your new role as captain?
A: I was at first, but I have realised that I need to shake that off. If I want to be able to lead the team, then I can't be nervous. I must be a confident and truly believe that we can do this.

Q:How have your teammates treated you since the announcement?
A: Actually they haven't treated me much differently. Mostly everything is still the same.

Q:What has the preparation been like?
A: The preparation has been a lot of hard work, but nothing that we cannot handle.

Q: Who do you look up to?
A: I look up to my parents. They are two incredible people who couldn't have raised their kids any better. They know when to be relaxed and when to be serious. They also give great advice and have taught my siblings and I many very important life lessons.

Q: How do you feel to represent this country?
A: I feel extremely proud to represent my second home. I have felt connected to Trinidad & Tobago all my life, but now I really get this deep sense of how much a part of it I really am.

Q: How does your family feel about your new role?
A: They are all backing me 100 per cent. My parents are extremely proud, my brothers are excited for me and think the whole thing is really unbelievable, and my sister just can't wait to wear the red, white, and black and blow a vuvuzuela at the opening game.

Q: When did you learn you would be part of the team, and what was your initial reaction?
A: I found out in early May theta I was to be a par of the team. I honestly could not relieve it at first. I didn't say much in the car ride homo from that session. My dad said I was in a daze.

Q: Will you be intimidated by the bigger teams: Not at all?
A: Just because they are bigger dos not mean they are better. We will play with intensity no matter who we are up against.

Q: What is your favorite food?
A: I love pizza and homemade tacos.

Q: What are your hobbies?
A: Other then football, I just love to be with my family and lime with friends.

Q: What do you want to tell the fans?
A: Thank you for all of your support! We hope to see you in September and make you proud!

Q: Will Trinidad and Tobago make it to the next round?
A: Yes we will. All we ave been doing is improving and we are ready to come out, play our best, and win.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Schmidt: Leading from in front
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 05:22:13 AM »
Rel nice. The young lady seems very mature and level-headed and regardless of whatever failings we have about our football programme (administratively) it is always very, very nice to hear anyone, young or old, be so proud and enthusiastic to represent our country.  I wish I was there to attend every game and shout meh voice hoarse for these young ladies. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 05:29:23 AM »
well spoken by the young lady.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 05:33:36 AM »
I especially like how she talks about her parents'/family's inflence and support (her father must be a seeeeeeeeeeeerious ball pyong like de ress ah we! ;D) and I really like her honesty about and attitude towards being thrust into the captaincy.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 07:22:37 AM »
Q: When did you learn you would be part of the team, and what was your initial reaction?
A: I found out in early May theta I was to be a par of the team. I honestly could not relieve it at first. I didn't say much in the car ride homo from that session. My dad said I was in a daze.

Q: Will you be intimidated by the bigger teams: Not at all?
A: Just because they are bigger dos not mean they are better. We will play with intensity no matter who we are up against.

Who wrote this article, Jerry Lewis ??

And imagine this on we Trinidad and Tobago national newspapers.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>