April 26, 2024, 06:35:10 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T v Jamaica U-17 game.  (Read 49206 times)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T v Jamaica U-17 game.
« Reply #270 on: May 07, 2007, 10:34:03 PM »
JA2099....boy ah have to admit.....I admire yuh conviction...is a kinda dotish effort in futility....yuh brave (or dotish).....unlike RF and LionPaw.....dem cyar even face we yet.....

All yuh good yes.....

Ah loving every minute of dis....
Especially since I know that there are more upcoming encounters between Jamaica & T&T for this generation and the next. So the battles are ongoing. For example:
(1) The 3rd edition of the CFU Youth Cup later this year. (Not sure I'm looking forward to this tournament since it will still be under Boxhill's tenure.)
(2) Olympic 2008 Qualifiers. (A iffy for me since Bora will be coaching the U-23 Reggae Boyz, but still under Boxhill's tenure.)
(3) The 2007/08 Digicel Cup/2010 World Cup qualifiers. (This I'm looking forward to because once you are knocked out there will be no more 2010 Qualifier until 2012 and Boxhill will be long voted out of the JFF.)

Well JA2099 until these tournaments come around sit back and enjoy the TnT show. Watch your big brothers(TnT and Haiti) represent for the Caribbean :rotfl:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 08, 2007, 09:41:43 AM »
Trust me when I tell you this. The hurt was gone from 2003 when Boxhill came into the JFF office and the Senior Reggae Boyz were knocked out of the World Cup qualifiers semi-final round.
So nothing anyone says good or bad about any Reggae Boyz team will hurt. The only thing that will really hurt is Boxhill being re-elected in November which I don't see happening.
As a matter of fact, I wish our U-16 Young Boyz to get knocked out of the CFU Youth Cup's first round which I think will be held sometime in August.
So say all the negative things you want to say. I have already pulled off the bandage that is Creston Boxhill.      

Yuh embarassing yourself now  :devil: :devil:  Besides..you said some very negative things about T&T in the beginning and you were very confident of Jamaica quaifying for the Under 17 WC. You did that all by yourself...nobody came on here predicting JA would finish dead last. That was all you. So why r u making a fool of yourself by saying something completely different now. You wrote endless posts about how upset you were with Jack Warner for allegedly 'cheating' JA out of winning the last Under 16 CFU title. Now you saying you want Jamaica to get licks in the next Under 16 CFU Cup. If I recall..Boxhill was in charge then too. Lord..RF and Lionpaw must be shaking their head in disgust. I know it hard fella.....but no need to go dey just so yuh doh colleck no more talks. So far yuh get off easy.....
I stand by whatever I said, including after the 1-nil loss to Costa Rica where I posted what my friend told me that the T&T U-17s would beat the Jamaican U-17s after he saw them at practise.
I guess you purposely forgot to mention that. :devil:

Wa? Yuh stand by what yuh say? Ja2299 do u realize yuh say yuh wanted  yuh Young Boyz to get licks from T&T and not qualify for the U-17 WC?  Well if this is not ah straight case of schizophrenia I eh know what is.

Quotes from jamaica2099:

“I will be here on Sunday after the match to read your posts in your time of grief and loss.”

“But don't worry. Come Sunday I will be on this forum to calm down the cries of despair and explain logically why your U-17s lost to the Young Boyz.”

“See you in the Office on Sunday to give your U-17s their pink slip.”

“I guarentee that T&T will finish bottom of the group.”

“My point is T&T will end up at the bottom of the group with 0 points.
Just my honest opinion and observation.”

“Jack Warner will be the reason why T&T won't qualify for the World Cup. And Jack Warner will be one of the reasons why Jamaica qualify for the World Cup.
I hope this simple and detailed explanation tells you what I was saying from the beginning.”

“….deep down in my heart I know Jamaica's Young Boyz will have one of the 3 spots by the third match.”

“The 2 positive results against Mexico plus the preparation of Jamaica's U-17 Young Reggae Boyz have me on a high and pumped up.”

“See you in Korea”

Call it whatever you want. I' being a Jamaican should be expected to be a rival of T&T when it comes to sports. This is just another case of many before where both nations have met on the playing fields with T&T coming out on top this time.
The above statement will continue to be use by me and many Trinis in the future wherever Jamaica or T&T meet on the football field. Locations will change so the statements will stand as is for now and the future.   

Fair enough...and for now WE, TnT U 17, have cut your ass :devil:

how's that TV viewing thing working out for you. You're probably quite tired of seeing the red, white and black wishing it was yellow and green ;D

What tournaments are you guys in again? :rotfl:
Actually! TVJ Sports Network keeping showing the Digicel Cup final between Haiti and T&T for now anyway. As soon as they start showing the Jamaica & T&T U-17 qualifiers I will watch whenever it's on as a fresh reminder everytime of Boxhill's failure. An angry reminder for me and the JFF Committee as November approaches.
Unfortunately, under Boxhill's tenure Jamaica's Reggae Boyz and Girlz are in the Pan-American Games in Brazil. Which, fortunately, won't help Boxhill in his re-election bid for a second term in the JFF. ;D :applause: :applause: :applause: 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 09:46:36 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 08, 2007, 10:13:45 AM »
JA2099....boy ah have to admit.....I admire yuh conviction...is a kinda dotish effort in futility....yuh brave (or dotish).....unlike RF and LionPaw.....dem cyar even face we yet.....

All yuh good yes.....

Ah loving every minute of dis....
Especially since I know that there are more upcoming encounters between Jamaica & T&T for this generation and the next. So the battles are ongoing. For example:
(1) The 3rd edition of the CFU Youth Cup later this year. (Not sure I'm looking forward to this tournament since it will still be under Boxhill's tenure.)
(2) Olympic 2008 Qualifiers. (A iffy for me since Bora will be coaching the U-23 Reggae Boyz, but still under Boxhill's tenure.)
(3) The 2007/08 Digicel Cup/2010 World Cup qualifiers. (This I'm looking forward to because once you are knocked out there will be no more 2010 Qualifier until 2012 and Boxhill will be long voted out of the JFF.)

Well JA2099 until these tournaments come around sit back and enjoy the TnT show. Watch your big brothers(TnT and Haiti) represent for the Caribbean :rotfl:
What's to stop me from watching World Cups of any form. Be it Men, Youth or Women. Even if Jamaica is playing or not.
I am a football fan with no biased toward any World Cup or other tournaments.
jjbrown

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #273 on: May 08, 2007, 12:33:40 PM »
Jess change yuh name tuh Trini2010 and suport we during de WC ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 08, 2007, 12:38:50 PM »
Trust me when I tell you this. The hurt was gone from 2003 when Boxhill came into the JFF office and the Senior Reggae Boyz were knocked out of the World Cup qualifiers semi-final round.
So nothing anyone says good or bad about any Reggae Boyz team will hurt. The only thing that will really hurt is Boxhill being re-elected in November which I don't see happening.
As a matter of fact, I wish our U-16 Young Boyz to get knocked out of the CFU Youth Cup's first round which I think will be held sometime in August.
So say all the negative things you want to say. I have already pulled off the bandage that is Creston Boxhill.       

Yuh embarassing yourself now  :devil: :devil:  Besides..you said some very negative things about T&T in the beginning and you were very confident of Jamaica quaifying for the Under 17 WC. You did that all by yourself...nobody came on here predicting JA would finish dead last. That was all you. So why r u making a fool of yourself by saying something completely different now. You wrote endless posts about how upset you were with Jack Warner for allegedly 'cheating' JA out of winning the last Under 16 CFU title. Now you saying you want Jamaica to get licks in the next Under 16 CFU Cup. If I recall..Boxhill was in charge then too. Lord..RF and Lionpaw must be shaking their head in disgust. I know it hard fella.....but no need to go dey just so yuh doh colleck no more talks. So far yuh get off easy.....
I stand by whatever I said, including after the 1-nil loss to Costa Rica where I posted what my friend told me that the T&T U-17s would beat the Jamaican U-17s after he saw them at practise.
I guess you purposely forgot to mention that. :devil:

Wa? Yuh stand by what yuh say? Ja2299 do u realize yuh say yuh wanted  yuh Young Boyz to get licks from T&T and not qualify for the U-17 WC?  Well if this is not ah straight case of schizophrenia I eh know what is.

Quotes from jamaica2099:

“I will be here on Sunday after the match to read your posts in your time of grief and loss.”

“But don't worry. Come Sunday I will be on this forum to calm down the cries of despair and explain logically why your U-17s lost to the Young Boyz.”

“See you in the Office on Sunday to give your U-17s their pink slip.”

“I guarentee that T&T will finish bottom of the group.”

“My point is T&T will end up at the bottom of the group with 0 points.
Just my honest opinion and observation.”

“Jack Warner will be the reason why T&T won't qualify for the World Cup. And Jack Warner will be one of the reasons why Jamaica qualify for the World Cup.
I hope this simple and detailed explanation tells you what I was saying from the beginning.”

“….deep down in my heart I know Jamaica's Young Boyz will have one of the 3 spots by the third match.”

“The 2 positive results against Mexico plus the preparation of Jamaica's U-17 Young Reggae Boyz have me on a high and pumped up.”

“See you in Korea”

Call it whatever you want. I' being a Jamaican should be expected to be a rival of T&T when it comes to sports. This is just another case of many before where both nations have met on the playing fields with T&T coming out on top this time.
The above statement will continue to be use by me and many Trinis in the future wherever Jamaica or T&T meet on the football field. Locations will change so the statements will stand as is for now and the future.   

Fair enough...and for now WE, TnT U 17, have cut your ass :devil:

how's that TV viewing thing working out for you. You're probably quite tired of seeing the red, white and black wishing it was yellow and green ;D

What tournaments are you guys in again? :rotfl:
give d brother a break nah  :devil: u aint see d man under stress  :devil:  :beermug:  :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 08, 2007, 01:28:04 PM »
That would be too unpatriotic. I just want Boxhill out of the JFF while having a good laugh at his expense.

jjbrown

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #276 on: May 08, 2007, 01:53:59 PM »
That would be too unpatriotic. I just want Boxhill out of the JFF while having a good laugh at his expense.

In all seriousness jamaica2099 is Boxhill responsible so for the disappointing performances of JA teams in the last 2-3 years ? What about coaches, team managers and players ?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 08, 2007, 01:58:32 PM »

In all seriousness jamaica2099 is Boxhill responsible so for the disappointing performances of JA teams in the last 2-3 years ? What about coaches, team managers and players ?
is like how we blame jacko for everything is d same for him. look at it that way u will understand.
Youtube Channel

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 09, 2007, 01:35:01 PM »
It's funny you dont see the fans of the oppossing team after they lost...A Jamaican member on the forum predicted that T&T will loose 6-0 and I laughed at him after he said dat!...Since the T&T victory he is yet to post in the forum..

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 09, 2007, 03:08:42 PM »

You tell me:
Burrell came to the JFF in 2004 until he was voted out in 2003. In that time, excluding World Cup Qualifiers, Gold Cups & Shell Cups etc. the Reggae Boyz played a total 86 friendlies which averaged 2 matches a month.
Since Boxhill's tenure in 2003 the Reggae Boyz have played a measly 9 friendlies with only one of those at the Office. The Jamaica Panama friendly would have made it 10 except for the fact that it was Digicel arranged friendly.
Now looking at those stats whose shoulder would you place all the blame?   
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 09, 2007, 03:11:44 PM »
It's funny you dont see the fans of the oppossing team after they lost...A Jamaican member on the forum predicted that T&T will loose 6-0 and I laughed at him after he said dat!...Since the T&T victory he is yet to post in the forum..
That's why I have been here from day one. The other Jamaicans figure I can deal with all the Trinis posts. Good or bad. ;D
jjbrown

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 09, 2007, 03:29:25 PM »

You tell me:
Burrell came to the JFF in 2004 until he was voted out in 2003. In that time, excluding World Cup Qualifiers, Gold Cups & Shell Cups etc. the Reggae Boyz played a total 86 friendlies which averaged 2 matches a month.
Since Boxhill's tenure in 2003 the Reggae Boyz have played a measly 9 friendlies with only one of those at the Office. The Jamaica Panama friendly would have made it 10 except for the fact that it was Digicel arranged friendly.

What's with all de complaining about Jamaica friendlies? Look all yuh have a good friendly against Vietnam next month.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 09, 2007, 04:21:45 PM »
That's why I have been here from day one. The other Jamaicans figure I can deal with all the Trinis posts. Good or bad. ;D
;D that response was not directed at you....it was intended for a Jamaican guy who loves to smoke and fly  ;D

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 09, 2007, 04:31:55 PM »

You tell me:

What's with all de complaining about Jamaica friendlies? Look all yuh have a good friendly against Vietnam next month.
Is that a sure thing. I haven't heard anything from the JFF for months now and even if it's true I won't be jumping for joy until Boxhill is gone. And I'm pretty sure that the Vietnam friendly will be because of Bora's connections.
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 09, 2007, 04:34:19 PM »
;D that response was not directed at you....it was intended for a Jamaican guy who loves to smoke and fly  ;D
I KNOW! I just don't think you will get a response for now until Jamaica is close to playing another match.
jjbrown

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #285 on: May 09, 2007, 05:12:39 PM »
Jam, don't you think the problem goes beyond Boxhill? He cannot possibly be responsible for all Jamaica's failures. Isn't there an exec committee in the JFF? How is Boxhill responsible for the failure of your u-17 to qualify for the WC? I remember your U-17 had a relatively good prep for the tournament.

...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 09, 2007, 06:09:06 PM »
Jam, don't you think the problem goes beyond Boxhill? He cannot possibly be responsible for all Jamaica's failures. Isn't there an exec committee in the JFF? How is Boxhill responsible for the failure of your u-17 to qualify for the WC? I remember your U-17 had a relatively good prep for the tournament.

Don't forget that Boxhill's failure began with the elimination of the Senior Reggae Boyz from the 2006 World Cup then the same "exec commitee"  suddenly ceased sponorship after their "puppet" failed.
Now with his "Youth Mandate" being his latest failure the "exec committee" of Boxhill's will be foolhardy to ask the Captain whom they backstabbed in the 2003 elections to take over the reins of the JFF.   
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 09, 2007, 10:48:58 PM »

I see yuh going back in time dey boy  :devil: :rotfl:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 10, 2007, 08:07:04 AM »

It's a good thing I am a human being which makes me prone to the occasional "human error" and makes laughter the best medicine for others.  ;D 
jjbrown

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 10, 2007, 08:36:08 AM »

It's a good thing I am a human being which makes me prone to the occasional "human error" and makes laughter the best medicine for others.  ;D 

ja2099 i have come to admire you and your determination, yuh give meh hell with some post but ah cah blame yuh, anyway, i hope your football in jamaica improves it not easy for you to see your team lose games like that.  :beermug:
Youtube Channel

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 10, 2007, 10:01:41 AM »

ja2099 i have come to admire you and your determination, yuh give meh hell with some post but ah cah blame yuh, anyway, i hope your football in jamaica improves it not easy for you to see your team lose games like that.  :beermug:
Ahh! Not to worry. Boxhill will now try to focus on where he should have in the first place: all the Reggae Boyz teams. However, it is too late for him. So, technically, it will be Bora in charge of preparing the senior Reggae Boyz until a new JFF President should hopefully be elected the first Sunday of November 2007. Three weeks before the 2010 FIFA World Cup draw qualifiers. ;D     
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamaica To Host U17 Finals
« Reply #291 on: September 01, 2010, 09:40:52 AM »
Jamaica To Host U17 Finals
Published: Wednesday | September 1, 20100 Comments and 0 Reactions

Kwesi Mugisa, Staff Reporter

It has been officially confirmed that Jamaica will host the 12-nation Confederation of North, Central American Associations of Football (CONCACAF) Under-17 World Cup Qualifying Finals, after having a successful bid accepted by the regional body.

The tournament will be hosted in western Jamaica from February 12-28, with two of three facilities inspected by the federation's general secretary, Ted Howard, earlier this month expected to be used.

A decision on which of the grounds to be used, Jarrett Park, the New Catherine Hall Sporting Complex and the Trelawny Multi-purpose Stadium, will be made at a later date.

"I am understandably elated because the current administration is serious about youth development. We are determined to do more than just speak about it, hence our determination and persistence in securing this very important decision to host the qualifiers," president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), Captain Horace Burrell, told The Gleaner last night, shortly after he got confirmation.

The last and only time the country qualified for the Under-17 Youth World Cup Finals, which was held in 1999 in New Zealand, Jamaica hosted the tournament in western Jamaica.

According to Burrell, the JFF is determined to see history repeat itself.

"We intend to pull out all the stops to ensure that our team is well prepared for next February, which means that we will be looking to assemble them immediately," Burrell said.

"Even with our current financial plight, the JFF intends to do all within our power to expose this unit to international football - both at home and overseas. I will be hitting the phone lines immediately, to see if we can secure camps and possible practice games for these youngsters, which they will certainly need if they are to vie for a place in the World Cup."

Wendell Downswell has been appointed as head coach of the youth outfit, with Boys' Town assistant coach, Omar Edwards, expected to serve as his deputy.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica To Host U17 Finals
« Reply #292 on: September 01, 2010, 09:41:52 AM »
We will beat dem like d last time
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 01, 2010, 09:48:57 AM »
 Yeah but last time the tournament was in late April ... this time its from feb 12 -28  5 months away  , burrell is in charge and  go all out .. ..our players cannot go back and play for their school  the need internationals ... and i not sold  on cooper ... i want him to succeed but .....

btw weary i don't care about beating them i care about qualifying ... beating ja don't guarantee a thing ....
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:21:17 AM by Trini _2014 »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #294 on: September 01, 2010, 09:57:31 AM »
We will beat dem like d last time
AGAIN !

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 01, 2010, 10:02:35 AM »
Yeah but last time the tournament was in late April ... this time its from feb 12 -28  5 months away  , burrell is in charge and  go all out .. ..our players cannot go back and play for their school  the need internationals ... and i not sold  on cooper ... i want him to succeed but .....

btw weary i don't care about beating them i care about qualifying ... beating ja a guarantee a thing ....

AGREED wit all u say but still want 2 beat dem yardies in dey backyard.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 01, 2010, 11:33:32 AM »
buh aye aye.. wendell Downswell..
remember i did an interview with him ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 01, 2010, 07:23:56 PM »
Hmm! Since it's the old thread that started this topic maybe I should continue where I left off.

Since Captain Burrell is back where he rightfully is and former World Cup Hero Reggae Boy Tappa Whitmore with several good results under his belt. Including the 3-1 trashing of T&T in their own backyard. I don't see Russell Latapy getting the edge over Coach Whitmore any time soon. If he lasts that long. ;D 
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 02, 2010, 04:13:22 AM »
Hmm! Since it's the old thread that started this topic maybe I should continue where I left off.

Since Captain Burrell is back where he rightfully is and former World Cup Hero Reggae Boy Tappa Whitmore with several good results under his belt. Including the 3-1 trashing of T&T in their own backyard. I don't see Russell Latapy getting the edge over Coach Whitmore any time soon. If he lasts that long. ;D 

where you come out from

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 02, 2010, 08:38:20 AM »

where you come out from
Return all the way to the first page of the thread and start reading again. When you are done. Ask yourself what motivating factor cause a 2007 topic to start this thread.
Could it be the 2007 result or recent 2010 result.
I'm going with a recent 2010 result that put the majority of Trinis in a deep state of depression. The 2007 result is being used as a medicinal factor to try and get rid of some of that depression. ;D
jjbrown

1]; } ?>