April 23, 2024, 07:46:26 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T v Jamaica U-17 game.  (Read 49083 times)

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T v Jamaica U-17 game.
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2007, 07:56:44 AM »
all the best to the young warriors, JA go be coming hard  so match them and buss they tail
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 09:39:24 AM by football king »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2007, 10:20:04 AM »
Fellas...just checked the rules for this tournament..T&T qualifies even if we tie with Jamaica. Head to Head counts before goal difference. DWarrior picked it up in an article and I checked the Concacaf website and posted the rules on his thread about tie-breakers. Doesn't really change much in that 16 year olds ain't gonna play for a tie..but in case we manage just a draw...WE THRU. GO T&T!!!!

So Master Jack's plan coming to fruition after changing the format of the Caribbean Youth Cup last year before the knockout round began. The excuse being Jamaica hosting the final and being placed in the same group with guest teams Mexico, Canada and Panama. These same guest teams whom knocked out potential Caribbean teams from advancing. e.g. Cuba, Barbados etc.
Now most logical Trinis will see this as unfair, but others ??? So if the tie-breaker was in effect from the Caribbean Youth Cup last year then no guest teams should have been invited which would have made the Competition more legitimate.
PS: I cannot recall the Caribbean nations being informed of this?
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2007, 10:23:46 AM »
Fellas...just checked the rules for this tournament..T&T qualifies even if we tie with Jamaica. Head to Head counts before goal difference. DWarrior picked it up in an article and I checked the Concacaf website and posted the rules on his thread about tie-breakers. Doesn't really change much in that 16 year olds ain't gonna play for a tie..but in case we manage just a draw...WE THRU. GO T&T!!!!

So Master Jack's plan coming to fruition after changing the format of the Caribbean Youth Cup last year before the knockout round began. The excuse being Jamaica hosting the final and being placed in the same group with guest teams Mexico, Canada and Panama. These same guest teams whom knocked out potential Caribbean teams from advancing. e.g. Cuba, Barbados etc.
Now most logical Trinis will see this as unfair, but others ??? So if the tie-breaker was in effect from the Caribbean Youth Cup last year then no guest teams should have been invited which would have made the Competition more legitimate.

Still with the jack warner shit eh clown didn't trinidad beat barbados in the last group of 4 ::) what an ass
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 10:27:42 AM by DWarriorMan »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2007, 10:31:23 AM »

Still with the jack warner shit eh clown didn't trinidad beat barbados in the last group of 4 ::) what an ass
:devil: :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2007, 10:32:49 AM »

You would be one of the many Jamaicans who uses Jack Warner as an excuse for JA failures against T&T..
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 11:10:51 AM by Pro-Jayz »
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2007, 10:51:14 AM »
Radio link for tonight's game enjoy fellas 8pm tnt time   http://www.i955fm.com/nowplaying.aspx  :beermug:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 10:53:05 AM by die hard warrior »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2007, 11:10:34 AM »

You would be one of the many Jamaicans who uses Jack Warner is an excuse for JA failures against T&T..
Like I said "most logical Trinis" which means "Trinis with brain."
jjbrown

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2007, 11:19:01 AM »

You would be one of the many Jamaicans who uses Jack Warner is an excuse for JA failures against T&T..

Now dont be irrational and foolish...you are the only one here who is not logical but instead naive..Yuh always come in here drawing all type of stupid analysis about how Jack Warner have master plans and conspiracies which are unfair to other teams ....Jamaica has home field advantage today...NO excuses!
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2007, 11:30:34 AM »
well i hope i go come home tonite, and see the U 17s have qualified..
Go TnT
Back in Trini...

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2007, 12:24:51 PM »

Now dont be irrational and foolish...you are the only one here who is not logical but instead naive..Yuh always come in here drawing all type of stupid analysis about how Jack Warner have master plans and conspiracies which are unfair to other teams ....Jamaica has home field advantage today...NO excuses!
Hmmm! The shoe on the other foot.
jjbrown

Offline Trezegoal

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »
This'll probably sound like just biterness, but without bias, I honestly think that's one of the stupidest ways to decide a tie.

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2007, 01:12:09 PM »
This'll probably sound like just biterness, but without bias, I honestly think that's one of the stupidest ways to decide a tie.

Could you explain why it is the stupidest method and suggest an alternative?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2007, 01:31:26 PM »
I wonder what these little guys getting if they qualify for that WC,i don't think anybody studying that,as usual they will wait until they qualify and then bachanal going to start with what to give them and the staff,nobody want to make promises any more because of what going on with the Snr team,you think it easy T&T will never learn,why we smart so?     

Offline Trezegoal

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2007, 01:34:15 PM »

Well stupidest method when involving more than 2 teams, IMO.
If it's 2 teams, then head-to-head is the BEST method for obvious reasons....
But with 3 teams, it has to be Goal Differential.

You beat Canada, and we didn't.....so what? We beat the USA and you didn't....

If it ended up with USA, JA, & T&T in a 3 way tie, I think it'd be stupid for JA to advance on head-to-head (no doubt I'd be happy and take it, but I wouldn't feel we "really" deserved it)
But to me it would seem as if TnT got cheated

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2007, 01:39:01 PM »

If it ended up with USA, JA, & T&T in a 3 way tie, I think it'd be stupid for JA to advance on head-to-head (no doubt I'd be happy and take it, but I wouldn't feel we "really" deserved it)

Suppose you beat a team 4-0 but tie with them on points  but they have a better goal difference is it ok for them to advance over you ?? just asking
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trezegoal

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2007, 01:43:57 PM »

Suppose you beat a team 4-0 but tie with them on points  but they have a better goal difference is it ok for them to advance over you ?? just asking
No, because like I said, if it was involving 2 teams, head-to-head is the best method, as it shows who was the better of the 2 teams when they played.

But when it comes down to 3 teams, how can you justify head-to-head.....to head?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2007, 01:56:56 PM »

No, because like I said, if it was involving 2 teams, head-to-head is the best method, as it shows who was the better of the 2 teams when they played.

But when it comes down to 3 teams, how can you justify head-to-head.....to head?

Well that what is used in the goal cup right when they have a group with 3 teams

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2007, 02:05:10 PM »
Oh Gor' , allyuh geyyin' me dizzy. Allyuh cyah chat without copying so much purple dread? Cheez ..eh!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Trezegoal

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2007, 02:09:30 PM »

Well that what is used in the goal cup right when they have a group with 3 teams
Well I can't think of an instance where we had this type of situation.
Th eonly times I remember having 3-way ties in the Gold Cup was 2005, Canada/Cuba/Costa Rica
CRC advanced on Goal difference, and Cuba went on Goals For

And the 2002 Gold Cup, with Ecuador, Canada, and Haiti(?)....when all 3 tied in their group...but i have no idea how they did that?

But either way, head-to-head.....to head, with 3 times, just seems like the worst way to decide who goes through......

Offline Trezegoal

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2007, 02:10:00 PM »
Hehehe, my bad ;D

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2007, 02:17:08 PM »

Well I can't think of an instance where we had this type of situation.
Th eonly times I remember having 3-way ties in the Gold Cup was 2005, Canada/Cuba/Costa Rica
CRC advanced on Goal difference, and Cuba went on Goals For

And the 2002 Gold Cup, with Ecuador, Canada, and Haiti(?)....when all 3 tied in their group...but i have no idea how they did that?

But either way, head-to-head.....to head, with 3 times, just seems like the worst way to decide who goes through......

Yes and head to head basically used  was used in the 3 group  goal cup they were but tied on points every team won a match  .. so they had to go to goal difference and then the coin flip...

« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 02:19:39 PM by DWarriorMan »

Offline Trezegoal

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2007, 02:23:04 PM »
but its only head to head if there is a tie and out right winner they dont need to use the head to head ...
Well yea, I'm just arguing against the potential use of head-to-head to determine who goes on.
Either way, I rather a Caribbean nation make it over Canada, just rather it be Jamaica....

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2007, 02:23:29 PM »
Trini people...are we gettin audio or video of this game.....well the kids have to be very focus in this game...Jamaica has come to Trinidad and take away world level berth...so this is our chance to do the same thing and i hope the young warrior's know that

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2007, 02:31:43 PM »
father i dont know how u decide games
i know both sides pray to you for a win
i heard u was a trini so i know who u backin
all i ask for is no injuries and fair play
guide the whisltes of the ref and de flags of his assistants

in your name i pray

amen
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Trezegoal

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2007, 02:40:29 PM »
Yes and head to head basically used  was used in the 3 group  goal cup they were but tied on points every team won a match  .. so they had to go to goal difference and then the coin flip...
Difference being with this and the Gold Cup....in the Gold Cup, only 3 teams, and they only played 2 matches.
So every win had the same kind of weight.

But head-to-head tie breaker in this competition, Jamaica beating the USA means nothing, while TnT beating Canada means everything....

**Edit: My mistake, The Canada/CRC/Cuba was 2003, not 2005.....

Offline shotta4u

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2007, 02:43:09 PM »
I will be rooting for Jamaica. I had wished both teams could go through but one moves on and one goes home. I think it will be a hard fought match, but I predict a Jamaica win. If it goes the other way well all the best to the Trinis. Bless!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2007, 03:10:08 PM »
Difference being with this and the Gold Cup....in the Gold Cup, only 3 teams, and they only played 2 matches.

But head-to-head tie breaker in this competition, Jamaica beating the USA means nothing, while TnT beating Canada means everything....

The head to head shouldn't bother de Jamaicans at all at all... dat have nothing to do with them

In any scenario... ah draw means dey out... them have to win!!

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Trinishottaz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2007, 03:27:52 PM »
i don't know why Trinidad so flipin backward , broadcastde dam match  >:(  >:( i honestly cannot take on listen to match from a dam radio

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2007, 04:37:28 PM »

Guest teams should never be invited when CFU WC qualifying is concerned..agreed. And if a caribbean nation is hosting a final WC qualifying round (as is the case with JA now), then the CFU championship should be separate competition from WC qualifying, because JA should not be part of the qualifying process, but they should be in involved in the CFU championship. In years when a Caribbean Nation is not hosting a final WC qualifying round, then the CFU championship and WC qualifying semifinal round can be made into one tournament with all Caribbean nations having a chance and no guest teams invited. The organization of the last CFU 'championship'/WC qualifying was an absolute mess and many caribbean teams were unfairly kncoked out..We agree on that fully.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2007, 05:06:12 PM »

Treze...you make some good points, but if we're honest with ourselves, there is no right  or wrong way. The UEFA champions league group stage also uses head to head between 2 or more teams. Some competitions prefer to look at how the tied teams match up against each other as a first tie-breaker. Others use goal difference and yet others use goals scored. there are flaws in every system...Someone always feels 'cheated'. T&T could feel that JA getting to play the US after the US had already qualified as 'unfair'. I know if the situation were reversed, many might say T&T got a  lucky break...that is not to take away anything form a top-class JA victory. All I am saying that no matter what system you use, someone will point the finger at the circumstances of some match or matches that affected goal difference, goals scored etc.. that could be considered legitimate. It's the human error in a human game. In any case, JA has to win to stand a chance regardless of what system was used. Both teams will be playing for a win and despite T&T having the edge in case of a draw due to better head, JA has home field advantage. It will be a good hard fought game. The team with better composure and fitness will win.....

1]; } ?>