April 19, 2024, 05:44:42 PM

Author Topic: Congratulations thread to the T&T U-17 team.  (Read 22197 times)

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Congratulations thread to the T&T U-17 team.
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2007, 06:37:23 PM »
ah had meh doubts, but Oh GOD ah glad!!!!
Big up to all repsonsible for this achievement, father let history repeat itself and let this U-17 WC team produce fellahs like dat U-19 WC team. Big Up!!!! Soca Warriors forever!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2007, 10:40:16 PM »
Fantastic achievement considering all the distractions in T&T football.
 I just hope those young boys are gonna get their airfares and hotel bills paid for them....unlike the World Cup guys who had them deducted from the players funds before they got paid!Check your contacts before you travel, guys!

how tacky >:(
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2007, 03:48:14 AM »
Pointman, I apologise for the tackiness! However, when you consider how people feel on this site concerning the honesty of some people within the football organisations, I think its a fair warning.

It was not meant to detract from the U17s achievement.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2007, 05:03:07 AM »
Kentsoulman for you to make such statements and be respected would be for you to truely identify your self. Now this is not to batter you but,for example ATO makes statements that we may not always like(not that he has) but because we are aware of who he is it let us know that he may be priviledged to info we don't have therefore his comments are fully respected. from your previous post we know that you are someone associated with the Footballer association (FPATT) probably a player or spokes person.
We are all but fans and players on this site and at times we make attacks at some athourities even players likes is shared evenly here.

any how I jess farse I want to know yuh files who yuh be. ;D

Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2007, 05:41:31 AM »
Fantastic achievement considering all the distractions in T&T football.
 I just hope those young boys are gonna get their airfares and hotel bills paid for them....unlike the World Cup guys who had them deducted from the players funds before they got paid!Check your contacts before you travel, guys!
how tacky >:(
it is a well known fact that this is exactly what happened to the World Cup Players.
so i believe that is how the TTFF will treat ALL players under their direction.
so there is nothing they can do about it.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2007, 05:47:25 AM »
Big up to the T&T team and the staff, Anton I am thankful.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2007, 06:05:49 AM »
TMF, I fully respect your comments and sentiments, for I am a newcomer to your site. I am posting information to make you guys (and girls!) aware of certain facts you should know, however, I find myself commenting on a personal level sometimes!

Without wanting to appear paranoid, I have to be careful that anything I say is not used by others as official FPATT statements. We are in a legal minefield where certain parties would not hestitate in beginning legal action against FPATT, if that achieved the closing down of the union before it got started. You know these guys far better than I, and you know they don't want opposition of any kind.

Thats why I need to keep my anonymity. I know players read this site, but if I was a certain person, I'd have my people read it too!

Regards,

Paranoid, UK!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2007, 06:38:36 AM »
Talking about the financial situation...some of the fellas on the Under 17 team are probably not going to go straight into the pros. Some may (to the dismay of many on this board) choose to attend college in the US and work their way through that system playing college ball. In that case, they better be careful about maintaining their amateur status. Linciln knows all about this, so I hope he is helping those who aren't good enough to go directly pro, to do like Bovell (the Olympic swimmer who is still a student) to set up a fund overseen by legal rep or parent where the money can go..and they cannot touch it until they no longer need to remain amateur...and then the funds can be released to them. Or some other alternative. Otherwise, youthmen might reach in the US and get ban. Opposing teams always do research on their opponent's status..especially if it's known they represented their country in a WC.

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2007, 06:55:18 AM »
big up to the team and meh boy primus wat i wonder though is if we will see the games when the comp.. starts if anybody know plz say.

CONGRATS JR. WARRIORS MAKE US EVEN MORE PROUD

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2007, 07:06:59 AM »
Well dun youths! And a big thanks to Coach Anton. Many of us had doubts about your coaching, with your failures we are very quick to critisize, so with your success you must be praise. Thanks
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 07:10:30 AM by Ent! »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2007, 08:22:51 AM »

AFC
1. Japan
2. Korea DPR
3. Tajikistan
4. Syria

CAF
1. Nigeria
2. Togo
3. Ghana
4. Tunisia

CONCACAF
1. Haiti
2. Honduras
3. Costa Rica
4. USA
5. Trinidad and Tobago

CONMEBOL
1. Brazil
2. Colombia
3. Argentina
4. Peru

OFC
1. New Zealand

Host
1. Korea Republic

UEFA*Updated
1.England
2France
3.Spain
4.Belgium
5.Holland/Germany

In a day of twists and turns, Spain, France, England and hosts Belgium were celebrating on Monday night after qualifying for the FIFA U-17 World Cup Korea 2007.

The first team to make sure of their place in the August and September tournament were Spain. After enjoying wins against France (2-0) and Ukraine (3-1) in their opening group games, a goalless draw with Germany was enough to take them to the finals. Germany, however, must play-off for a place against the Netherlands on Thursday.

France's youngsters were forced to endure a nervy wait following their match against Ukraine before being certain of a trip to the Far East. Goals from Yann M'Vila and Thibault Bourgeois put Les Mini-Bleus in a great position, but they were pegged back by an Artur Karnoza free-kick and a late header from Dmytro Korishko. However, thanks to Spain's 0-0 draw with Germany and their 2-1 victory against Paul Schomann's side in their previous group match, qualification was assured.

It went right down to the wire in Group B too, as hosts Belgium, England and the Netherlands were left to battle it out for two places. During the course of the evening, each team dropped out of contention for an automatic spot at one stage.

The main drama came in Tubize where England were playing the Netherlands. After missing an early penalty, the young Lions recovered and went 2-0 ahead thanks to goals from Henri Lansbury and Victor Moses. Luciano Narsingh pulled one back for the Dutch nine minutes before half-time and Luis Pedro scored an equaliser four minutes after the restart.

With Belgium comfortably defeating Iceland by five goals to one in Tournai, England looked to be heading out of the competition until Moses grabbed a second ten minutes later. With the Netherlands pouring forward in search of an equaliser, John Peacock's side made the game safe in injury time when substitute Tristan Plummer nodded the ball home at the far post to put the game beyond doubt.

England now play France, while Spain meet Belgium in the semi-finals of the competition.

http://www.fifa.com/en/comp/index/0,2442,137335,00.html?comp=U17&year=2007&articleid=137335

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2007, 08:32:11 AM »
Pointman, I apologise for the tackiness! However, when you consider how people feel on this site concerning the honesty of some people within the football organisations, I think its a fair warning.

It was not meant to detract from the U17s achievement.

Kentsoulman I was actually referring to what happenned with the players, the response was not directed at you. Sorry I should  have made that clearer.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2007, 09:17:07 AM »
TMF, I fully respect your comments and sentiments, for I am a newcomer to your site. I am posting information to make you guys (and girls!) aware of certain facts you should know, however, I find myself commenting on a personal level sometimes!

Without wanting to appear paranoid, I have to be careful that anything I say is not used by others as official FPATT statements. We are in a legal minefield where certain parties would not hestitate in beginning legal action against FPATT, if that achieved the closing down of the union before it got started. You know these guys far better than I, and you know they don't want opposition of any kind.

Thats why I need to keep my anonymity. I know players read this site, but if I was a certain person, I'd have my people read it too!

Regards,

Paranoid, UK!!

Respected from stalker tu investigator. like SGT Friday on Drag net ;D
Might have tuh remember some ah meh military training  ;D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 09:25:44 AM by Themanfriday »
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2007, 01:31:52 PM »
Yes! I am very proud of this team...I always knew there was something special about this group of players...Congratulations to the young soca warriors!  :beermug:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2007, 01:54:29 PM »
Is this the first time England qualified for the U17 World Cup.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2007, 02:03:32 PM »
Now that we have qualified I urge the technical staff to work on beefing up the team.

MUSCLE AND SPEED is what it takes to have an edge on the international scene especially when we have to face African or European teams. Our guys get bumped around too easily so working on strength is important.
Pleanty sprint drills on Maracas beach in the soft and up Chancellor.

Ato yuh should offer to do some speed drills with the team. Better yet carry them up to Grace Gardens to run that 5 to 40 degree hill we have

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2007, 02:06:27 PM »
Congrats to the team and staff. Any T&T team that beat JA at home in a meaningful match have to be good. ;D

1]; } ?>