April 28, 2024, 02:08:54 AM

Poll

Which are you more likely to choose to help raise funds for FPATT?

collection box in bar/office
2 (5.3%)
go to bank to make deposit
3 (7.9%)
attend fundraising match/lime
12 (31.6%)
buy FPATT clothing
5 (13.2%)
donation by post
4 (10.5%)
donation by card via iternet
11 (28.9%)
Would not donate
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: July 30, 2007, 04:00:37 PM

Author Topic: FPATT Thread  (Read 132687 times)

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Minister Boynes meets TTFF, then FPATT
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2007, 06:59:27 PM »
BrownSugar, I respect your comment, but I'm interested to know if you would be happy if boynes give some of your tax dollars to FPATT?

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2007, 07:07:08 PM »
BrownSugar, I respect your comment, but I'm interested to know if you would be happy if boynes give some of your tax dollars to FPATT?

Interesting ... Wont happen tho... Rather, it should not happen..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2007, 07:19:02 PM »

Why do you think it shouldn't happen? Warner can't get his hands on the dollars, and Trinidad desperately needs the football infrastructure developed. The supporters haven't turned out en masse with their money. Only the die hard supporters with vision have given over their bucks so far. How can they build the union without cash? Its not like they just gonna hand the money out to the players. They need office equipmment, employees and training equipment such as footballs, bibs, cones etc.
What is your reasoning behind your comment?

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2007, 07:30:46 PM »

Why do you think it shouldn't happen? Warner can't get his hands on the dollars, and Trinidad desperately needs the football infrastructure developed. The supporters haven't turned out en masse with their money. Only the die hard supporters with vision have given over their bucks so far. How can they build the union without cash? Its not like they just gonna hand the money out to the players. They need office equipmment, employees and training equipment such as footballs, bibs, cones etc.
What is your reasoning behind your comment?

Agreed. Lets seperate the FPATT from the overall football infrastructure tho.. Gov can get involved in providing funding for coaching, training, physical infrastructure. All those things are unbiased and benifits all. However, the gov in my view should not be giving money to FPATT because it cannot be seen as a biased entity. The gov must equal to both the TTFF and FPATT.

Yes FPATT needs money for different things, but that cannot be gov backed. That is why FPATT should be working on corporate sponsorship.

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2007, 07:43:09 PM »
If Manning could give Chocolate Allen money for fasting 4 1 week. Well that bein said corporate sponsorship is what is needed remeber corporations doh support nutten until they big like a breadfruit. Them need to ask PSA or one a dem union for a lil space to operate from.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2007, 07:49:56 PM »
If Manning could give Chocolate Allen money for fasting 4 1 week. Well that bein said corporate sponsorship is what is needed remeber corporations doh support nutten until they big like a breadfruit. Them need to ask PSA or one a dem union for a lil space to operate from.

Honestly that to me might be their best bet.. They need to give jennifer and dem a call..

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2007, 07:50:53 PM »
I'm not sure I understand why govt can't be seen to back FPATT. The federation must get funds from FIFA, CONCACAF, ProLeague and a share of gate money and TV and marketing. They have funds for paid employees and also, there are question marks over its managing of finances.

Alternatively, FPATT have no income as yet whatsoever and have no profit making directors. They say they are there for the good of the game. OK, they will never be able to match the income of the English PFA in the community, but then theres 50 million less people in T&T, so less funds are needed.

I would think its a pretty cool move politically, especially as it will be a slap to Jack Warner and Oliver Camps. It will also send a message to the people that this is a govt approved association and will raise the FPATT profile.

If the govt want to invest in its own people, but haven't got the expertise, why not encourage those that have?

Remmember, they probably won't give much, and most of the work will be done by volunteers. It's like helping the people to help themselves. If they commit to funding year on year, it will encourage FPATT to stay above board and meet specified targets.

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2007, 08:03:47 PM »
I'm not sure I understand why govt can't be seen to back FPATT. The federation must get funds from FIFA, CONCACAF, ProLeague and a share of gate money and TV and marketing. They have funds for paid employees and also, there are question marks over its managing of finances.

Alternatively, FPATT have no income as yet whatsoever and have no profit making directors. They say they are there for the good of the game. OK, they will never be able to match the income of the English PFA in the community, but then theres 50 million less people in T&T, so less funds are needed.

I would think its a pretty cool move politically, especially as it will be a slap to Jack Warner and Oliver Camps. It will also send a message to the people that this is a govt approved association and will raise the FPATT profile.

If the govt want to invest in its own people, but haven't got the expertise, why not encourage those that have?

Remmember, they probably won't give much, and most of the work will be done by volunteers. It's like helping the people to help themselves. If they commit to funding year on year, it will encourage FPATT to stay above board and meet specified targets.

But the thing is, there not supposed to be no political adgenda's being served. If the Gov financially supports FPATT who is it really benifiting.. ?.. What if UNC wins the elections . Support done..!! What den for FPATT?..

My thinking is that FPATT should try their best to stay "clean". No entity to pull their strings..

The government investing in its own people is one thing... The government investing in a Players Union and TTFF responsible for football is another.  That to me is too much dramma and potential confusion..

At the end of the day, the Federation responsible for development of the Sport and the well being of the players. FPATT is largely responsible for ensuring the rights of the players are being upkept. And with the current foolishness that going on, the gov cannot be seen as partial to any of them. Not to mention they might start a dangerous precident..

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2007, 09:34:46 PM »
TTPFA mightve been a better choice..just my view
Kentsoulman & FPATT..allyuh doing good service  :beermug:

Yeah I was thinking the same, wonder if is too late to change from FPATT to TTPFA especially so as to avoid any website conflict/mix-up in the future?

To me most folks who would have heard of the English PFA will automatically guess or understand what the TTPFA stand for!!

Bet you the Jamaicans adopt the name JPFA when they manage to form their's as their team will be mainly made up of Reggae-Britts anyway!! 
Ask BM if yuh doh believe meh!! ;)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 09:50:31 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2007, 02:55:58 AM »
But the thing is, there not supposed to be no political adgenda's being served. If the Gov financially supports FPATT who is it really benifiting.. ?.. What if UNC wins the elections . Support done..!! What den for FPATT?..
My thinking is that FPATT should try their best to stay "clean". No entity to pull their strings..

You.Ent.See. dat would be the death of FPATT...when Jack and he party get elected.
Maybe KentSoulMan does not realise that Jack Runs  ;) the UNC Party and when they get elected, is ole mas in TnT Football, mark my words.
and another story would develop as they would give endless money to the Special Advisor TTFF ;)
It is very strange that FIFA does not allow Governments to get involved with Football Associations, YET one of FIFA VP's can be Heavily involved in politics.
Do as FIFA says not as FIFA does.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 04:02:26 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2007, 04:01:58 AM »

You. Ent. See. dat would be the death of FPATT...when Jack and he party get elected.
Maybe KentSoulMan does not realise that Jack Runs the UNC Party and when they get elected, is ole mas in TnT Football, mark my words.
and another story would develop as they would give endless money to the Special Advisor TTFF ;)
It is very strange that FIFA does not allow Governments to get involved with Football Associations, YET one of FIFA VP's can be Heavily involved in politics.
Do as FIFA says not as FIFA does.

That has been my point all along. Jack ie EITHER a politician or a football administrator. Ok, people work on obtaining political clout, sometimes its necessary to have support in high places, but Jack is openly active. He would never be prime minister, coz thats not his style. He wants power without accountability. He is a puppetmaster. We know he's more powerful than Blatter, coz he keeps him in place. Blatter jumps when Jack tells him and takes the fall when things go wrong. Same as Camps. Camps is getting the official pressure over the blacklisting, Jack just steps in when it helps his profile. Same with UNC.

I am sure that questions will begin to be asked soon. No one outside T&T is aware of the real situation. However, once FPATT is fully established, they can ask questions via FIFPro.

If the govt provide some money for FPATT, hopefully Jack will make a fuss. Don't forget, FPATT has nothing to do with FIFA. FPATT can be as political as they want and FIFA can do nothing. But if Jack kicks out officially, his involvement with UNC will be exposed and that will be a major issue with FIFA reps.

I don't think FPATT will let govt "buy" control. They'll take money if it is offered, but will not be tied to any conditions, other than agreeing programmes it can be spent on.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2007, 04:54:08 AM »
I am sure that questions will begin to be asked soon. No one outside T&T is aware of the real situation. However, once FPATT is fully established, they can ask questions via FIFPro.
Do you know if FIFPro has any contacts in the general media who could ask Mr Warner some pertinent questions during the Gold Cup?
We have to catch this guy making some outrageous comment so that the rest of the FIFA world will have to wake up to his dealings.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2007, 06:17:26 AM »

Is FPATT a formally registered union under the laws of T&T ?

Is it registered as a charitable org ?

Is it registered as a business ?

How they recieving money ?

How they could legally operate if not thru the above ?

Do they have any locus standii to negotiate for players ?

If not, would not Boynes' intervention be pure politiking ?

Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2007, 07:45:05 AM »
Do you know if FIFPro has any contacts in the general media who could ask Mr Warner some pertinent questions during the Gold Cup?
We have to catch this guy making some outrageous comment so that the rest of the FIFA world will have to wake up to his dealings.

Funny you should say that! I have already emailed the chairman of the US players union asking that question are explaining the whole blacklist situation. I think its the ideal oppertunity for the global press to put Jack on the spot.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2007, 08:09:17 AM »

As I understand it, FPATT was registered 2 or 3 years ago as a union. There is a constitution in place with a democratically appointed board.
Don't think it is registered as a charity yet.
They are not receiving money as yet!! There are some sponsorship and business partner deals being finalised. Other than that, income has been from the fundays.
I have no idea what  locus standii means.

If you have legal/ business law  knowledge, then can you volunteer to assist us. Don't forget, we are not business experts or company lawyers. We have legal advisers, but everybody is helping voluntarily.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2007, 06:40:42 PM »

......I have already emailed the chairman of the US players union asking that question are explaining the whole blacklist situation. I think its the ideal oppertunity for the global press to put Jack on the spot.

:applause: :applause: :challenge: :praying: :waiting: :whip:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2007, 01:59:37 AM »

As I understand it, FPATT was registered 2 or 3 years ago as a union. There is a constitution in place with a democratically appointed board.
Don't think it is registered as a charity yet.
They are not receiving money as yet!! There are some sponsorship and business partner deals being finalised. Other than that, income has been from the fundays.
I have no idea what  locus standii means.

If you have legal/ business law  knowledge, then can you volunteer to assist us. Don't forget, we are not business experts or company lawyers. We have legal advisers, but everybody is helping voluntarily.

Thanks for the info FPATT, so this is the continuation of old man Hislop had set up ?
Nah I ent a legal person but there is a young legal intern that I look to for....
Ah want de woman on de bass

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2007, 05:01:26 AM »
Yeah, I think George was involved initially, and is still advising FPATT. However, FPATT have a team of legal personnel advising on constitution, contracts etc.

You must remmember that at this stage we are relying on the good will of volunteers, but we believe we have some excellent assistance.

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2007, 05:02:41 AM »
Yeah, I think George was involved initially, and is still advising FPATT. However, FPATT have a team of legal personnel advising on constitution, contracts etc.

You must remmember that at this stage we are relying on the good will of volunteers, but we believe we have some excellent assistance.

Allyuh safe mon

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
FPATT.org coming soon
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2007, 12:14:56 PM »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FPATT.org coming soon
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2007, 05:47:11 PM »
eman how u does find thing before anyone. like u is a spy or what

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2007, 05:51:43 PM »
nice liking the logo too

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2007, 07:51:34 PM »
I hope dey know to talk to Flex and Tallman so we can go straight to dem from this and the WN site
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2007, 08:30:38 PM »
I hope dey know to talk to Flex and Tallman so we can go straight to dem from this and the WN site

Tallman is the one who registered the domain for them.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2007, 07:20:27 PM »
Once again E-man  :thumbsup:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2007, 09:44:35 PM »
Thanks eman the e for everywhere and everything. We really need to thank ewife for ketchin u we all benefitting

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Liburd: Gloves Off - Shaka relishes FPATT role.
« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2007, 10:26:23 PM »
Shaka relishes FPATT role.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

Gloves off.

FIFA vice-president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) special adviser Jack Warner must have needed a minute to gather himself after perusing his e-mail on Sunday afternoon.
One letter in particular, penned by former national goalkeeper and newly-installed interim president of the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT), Shaka Hislop, might have winded Warner.
Archie Moore, a former world light heavyweight boxing champion, once said a boxer is never floored by a punch that he sees hit him. He knows when he will be hurt and, in most cases, can absorb the pain. It is the pain that the boxer is unprepared to handle which humiliates him.
Hislop, whose 15-year professional goalkeeping career seemed built on placid rather than provocative statements, can clearly launch an attack as quickly as he quells another.
"Your latest slanderous attack, though, has prompted me to write in defence of the characters of the most successful team in our nation's history," stated Hislop, in response to Warner's assertion that the 2006 World Cup squad comprised a gang of greedy mercenaries.
"You have continually proven yourself heavily biased and opinionated in this matter when in truth, in your capacity as CONCACAF president, you should be the one to advise on the impasse."
Warner, who silences politicians and administrators by his mere presence, being lectured on his duties by a footballer? The Caribbean's foremost sporting administrator is yet to issue a response.
For Hislop, it was a moving start to his term as union head and he insisted he was ready for the challenge.
"I think it is something I always felt I would do," said the Dallas FC goalkeeper. "I only had to be careful about the timing of it because I always felt the roles of player and administrator should be kept separate.
"I think I bring to the table a reputation at international level that will stand us in good stead. People know what I stand for."
Hislop spent most of his adult life in the English leagues, where he campaigned for Reading, Newcastle United, West Ham and Portsmouth, and earned a sizeable fan base for his athleticism and composure between the uprights. But he is equally revered for his work off the pitch.
While at Newcastle, he co-founded an anti-racism movement called "Show Racism The Red Card" which now operates throughout Europe, while his professional counterparts granted him the English Professional Footballers Association (PFA) Special Merit Award in 2005. He is the first non-British player since Brazilian legend, Pele, to be so honoured.
Hislop has already forged relationships with England PFA boss, Gordon Taylor, and Major League Soccer (MLS) Players Union executive director, Bob Foose, which he feels should benefit Trinidad and Tobago during his tenure.
Hislop still lives in Dallas, where he is employed as player and goalkeeping coach by the MLS club. His contract expires in late 2007 although he does not feel that FPATT will suffer for his physical absence in the short term.
"Thanks to modern technology," he told the Express, "it is not as difficult (to stay on top of things from a distance) as it was with e-mail and Blackberry and cell phones.
"My phone bill is going to be high and I will have to spend a lot of time on the computer, which is difficult for me because I am married with four daughters and have a fifth child coming any day now.
"Family has always been a big part of my life but I have always been very passionate about giving something back to Trinidad and Tobago and am really enjoying this."
Perhaps unsurprisingly, Hislop anticipated conflict with the controversial Warner.
The player and administrator got off to a false start in 1994 when Warner asked FIFA to ban the goalkeeper when he declined the invitation for a friendly international because it interfered with his duties for Reading.
Hislop, who was born in London but grew up in Trinidad, was allowed to resume his club career by virtue of his British passport and even accepted an English B' team call-up before he softened his stance towards the T&TFF and joined the national team in 1999.
He went on to win 24 caps for Trinidad and Tobago, five as team captain, which culminated in his appearance at the 2006 World Cup tournament. Last July, Hislop was among Warner's guests at the World Cup final in Berlin as a tribute to the goalkeeper's heroics in the country's historic opening draw against Sweden.
Hislop recalled a funny, animated discussion with Warner in November 2005 on the chartered flight from Bahrain after the Soca Warriors had booked their maiden World Cup voyage.
"We (players, administrators and fans) were having a few celebratory drinks and stumbling around the plane," he said. "I remember telling Warner 'thank you for everything you have done for us in helping get Trinidad and Tobago to the World Cup final'.
"But I also told him that I am sure we will lock horns in the future and, when we do, it will be business and nothing personal."
Perhaps Warner might have remembered those words too last weekend.
At present, FPATT is on a recruiting drive through the local leagues and has begun approaching companies for sponsorship deals and for advice on matters ranging from pension schemes, mortgages and health care.
"I had advice on all of those things throughout my career," said Hislop. "But it is a luxury not afforded to players in Trinidad and Tobago. I want our players to be able to concentrate solely on football whenever they walk past that white line and not have to worry about things like that."
"I have been a professional player for the past 15 years and I feel I have a fair grip of the wants and needs of players. At FPATT, we have surrounded ourselves with people who know what it takes to be leaders and have a real passion for the local game."
FPATT has declared itself to be pre-occupied with the empowerment of local players. It is a vision that Hislop clearly believes is worth fighting for.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 04:12:14 AM by Flex »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Liburd: Gloves Off - Shaka relishes FPATT role
« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2007, 02:55:19 AM »
""I had advice on all of those things throughout my career," said Hislop. "But it is a luxury not afforded to players in Trinidad and Tobago. I want our players to be able to concentrate solely on football whenever they walk past that white line and not have to worry about things like that.""
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Great work Mr Hislop.
I wish you and your organisation FPATT all the best.
it has been a long time coming and I hope you are able to get ALL players in TnT to sign on.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Liburd: Gloves Off - Shaka relishes FPATT role.
« Reply #148 on: June 22, 2007, 06:18:50 AM »
I support Shaka all the way.  However his disdain for Jack Warner goes a long way back.  If anybody can remember, Shaka's father George Hislop tried to start another association when the TTFF was TTFA.  Tallman, I believe you will remember this.  For a long time the Hislop family was persona non grata.

Does anyone remember this?  it was in the 80s I believe.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Liburd: Gloves Off - Shaka relishes FPATT role.
« Reply #149 on: June 22, 2007, 06:59:20 AM »
I support Shaka all the way.  However his disdain for Jack Warner goes a long way back.  If anybody can remember, Shaka's father George Hislop tried to start another association when the TTFF was TTFA.  Tallman, I believe you will remember this.  For a long time the Hislop family was persona non grata.

Does anyone remember this?  it was in the 80s I believe.

I remembered. But now they dealing with a smarter and stronger Hislop....  :devil:

1]; } ?>