April 28, 2024, 02:48:32 AM

Poll

Which are you more likely to choose to help raise funds for FPATT?

collection box in bar/office
2 (5.3%)
go to bank to make deposit
3 (7.9%)
attend fundraising match/lime
12 (31.6%)
buy FPATT clothing
5 (13.2%)
donation by post
4 (10.5%)
donation by card via iternet
11 (28.9%)
Would not donate
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: July 30, 2007, 04:00:37 PM

Author Topic: FPATT Thread  (Read 132689 times)

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
Re: Liburd: Gloves Off - Shaka relishes FPATT role.
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2007, 07:31:25 AM »
I strongly believe Mr. Flex Mohammed should play some part of FPATT. We need people with professional attitudes and honest workers. Men that will make things happen and at the same time listen to constructive ideas.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2007, 07:49:44 AM »
Get up stand up stand op for our rights , dont give op the fight .FPATT iz here to stay and jack yuh hav to deal wid it. say after me jack HAVE TO DEAL WID IT.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2007, 11:17:26 AM »
Jack eh fightin clean so take off gloves kick box, wrestle if u have to.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FPATT Thread
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2007, 04:00:37 PM »
Fundraising for FPATT

FPATT have several initiatives they wish to run including coaching for youngsters, benevolent fund to assist ex players and also players such as Cornell who aren't paid while injured, football in the community schemes to encourage young people to attend and take interest in pro league matches and education programmes for players reaching the end of their careers.

We know that in 3 years from now we will have solid income streams, but at this stage we are desperately short of funds. At this time we have no paid staff and those involved have used their own money to pay phone bills, air fares etc.

In order to progress, we need to raise funds. The only fundraising event so far has been in London.

We need assistance in raising funds and I wondered if anyone on this site has the drive and motivation to help. Can you help to arrange a fundraising event for FPATT?

The poll should give us an idea if the hard core supporters would be prepared to donate.

Personally, I'm in favour of collection boxes for people to just throw their change into, as I believe people don't begrudge giving up a few coins, and will do this regularly.

We appreciate your assistance and comments. If you're interested in helping, please PM me.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 02:01:47 AM by Flex »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Fundraising for FPATT
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2007, 04:19:58 PM »
trow ah fete

bar-b-q / sweat / family day

auction allyuh juzzy's

auction off ah chance to come and see allyuh play live at the club

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2007, 04:30:44 PM »
Morvant, these are precisely the kind of things we wat to do..........however, most of us are either in the UK or USA. This needs to be done in Trinidad & Tobago.  We have some excellent people onboard, but they are not fundraisers. Sure, they may be able to put on an event, but it probably won't raise much money.

To arrange a fete, we need somene who can get a free venue, do a deal with Carib or a wholesaler, get good bands and DJs to play, organise free advertising on radio and in press, obtain sponsors for the event, arrange security and then get several thousand people there.

I have arranged similar events in the past, and the key to success is delegation. If you have good people who can take on particular tasks, the job is easy.But I can't do it from here.  I raised $52,000 TT on my own. I'm sure you guys can do better. I will be doing more in London, but we need to get some action going in Trini.

Any offers??

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2007, 05:54:51 PM »
I would suggest a couple otions above for example I chose an internet donation but would also buy FPATT clothing...

Another GREAT way to raise money is every month you auction off a signed T-shirt, football jersey, football hat, tugs, shorts, towel, ball, shin pads....something, anything !!...but something authentic on this website...signed and/or used by the players themselves on WN or SW.net.

Everyone on this site will be more than happy to buy the boots Stern score his 100th goal wiith, or the ball that got us to Germany, or Latas shirt that he made his appearance on the World Stage or (some might want Yorkie's jock strap...call the name and ah go  :whistling:)....but I see that as a major source of revenue as well as bringing everyone together and closer to the players and the oppurtunity for the youngins to learn about our history and the players that got us here....who knows years to come someone might be holding a piece of memorabilia that is worth a lot of money!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 23, 2007, 06:31:02 PM »
Funny i ask that question recently and every body stay quiet, ah thought that man here had big money  and when  FPATT need funds dey go come up wid it  , i feel we could try ah boat ride or geh ah back yard alyuh know trini like to party  get the radio station to advertise anything FPATT doing ah supporting that.Alyuh hurry summer iz short.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2007, 06:40:48 PM »
What about if supporterz in NY get together and do something same in CANADA , TRINBAGO, and where  ever else alyuh iz ?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 23, 2007, 06:54:22 PM »
What about if supporterz in NY get together and do something same in CANADA , TRINBAGO, and where  ever else alyuh iz ?

Thats what we need Zulu. It doesn't matter if you only raise $100 TT. FPATT can only get stronger by providing benefits to players and the community, and without a strong players union, football in Trinidad is going to continue to be run by the same people as now.   

Any events being organised will be supported in some form by FPATT, and wherever possible we will try to get players involved.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2007, 07:40:16 PM »
I suggest that the moderaters( Tallman,Flex) set up a account online so the forumites could donate a $5 to the FPATT.  The forum numbers looking real big right now and if half that number donate at least a $5 then that would be a big boost to the cause especially considering that most of that number probably live in the US,Canada or UK.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2007, 09:51:48 PM »
I vote 4 the fund raisig match but I go donate in d bank as well
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2007, 10:25:18 PM »
What is the purpose of electing regional leaders for Warrior Nation....I would think it is for situations like these...step up to the plate BOD and elected members and represent your region....the North East, the Canada Crew , West Coast regional heads where allyuh...AH CALLIN ALLYUH OUT !!unless yuh just taking up space or trying to look official on the board do something nah !
Warrior For Life !!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2007, 11:36:23 PM »
I won't mind a lime but is different ppl in different places. So I will settle for an internet donation.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2007, 12:49:10 AM »
I won't mind a lime but is different ppl in different places. So I will settle for an internet donation.

likewise.. :) :)
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2007, 10:21:37 AM »
FPATT have several initiatives they wish to run including coaching for youngsters, benevolent fund to assist ex players and also players such as Cornell who aren't paid while injured, football in the community schemes to encourage young people to attend and take interest in pro league matches and education programmes for players reaching the end of their careers.

We know that in 3 years from now we will have solid income streams, but at this stage we are desperately short of funds. At this time we have no paid staff and those involved have used their own money to pay phone bills, air fares etc.

In order to progress, we need to raise funds. The only fundraising event so far has been in London.

We need assistance in raising funds and I wondered if anyone on this site has the drive and motivation to help. Can you help to arrange a fundraising event for FPATT?

The poll should give us an idea if the hard core supporters would be prepared to donate.

Personally, I'm in favour of collection boxes for people to just throw their change into, as I believe people don't begrudge giving up a few coins, and will do this regularly.

We appreciate your assistance and comments. If you're interested in helping, please PM me.

Personally...that kind of thing should come from member dues.  FPATT is conceived as being a union for professional football players, therefore it should similarly be constructed and professionally run, with someone in charge of overseeing investment of membership dues etc.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2007, 10:23:23 AM »
Morvant, these are precisely the kind of things we wat to do..........however, most of us are either in the UK or USA. This needs to be done in Trinidad & Tobago.  We have some excellent people onboard, but they are not fundraisers. Sure, they may be able to put on an event, but it probably won't raise much money.

To arrange a fete, we need somene who can get a free venue, do a deal with Carib or a wholesaler, get good bands and DJs to play, organise free advertising on radio and in press, obtain sponsors for the event, arrange security and then get several thousand people there.

I have arranged similar events in the past, and the key to success is delegation. If you have good people who can take on particular tasks, the job is easy.But I can't do it from here.  I raised $52,000 TT on my own. I'm sure you guys can do better. I will be doing more in London, but we need to get some action going in Trini.

Any offers??

Have the players put their muscle behind this...fund-raising shouldn't be passed off onto the fans, let the players get involve and lend their names to the event/ (have three...N. America, UK and TnT) have them reach out to sponsors directly. It benefits them, not us.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 24, 2007, 10:24:38 AM »

Another GREAT way to raise money is every month you auction off a signed T-shirt, football jersey, football hat, tugs, shorts, towel, ball, shin pads....something, anything !!...but something authentic on this website...signed and/or used by the players themselves on WN or SW.net.

...have them also reach out to their footballing counterparts from other nations/clubs to donate autographed items for auction.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 24, 2007, 10:26:11 AM »
What is the purpose of electing regional leaders for Warrior Nation....I would think it is for situations like these...step up to the plate BOD and elected members and represent your region....the North East, the Canada Crew , West Coast regional heads where allyuh...AH CALLIN ALLYUH OUT !!unless yuh just taking up space or trying to look official on the board do something nah !
I dunno why you seem to think it's the fans' responsibility to raise money for the players.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #169 on: July 24, 2007, 01:06:41 PM »
Just in general we won't really be conducting WN business on the forum because it has been inefficient in the past.  Things go on behind the scenes and our communication with fans/members come in different ways...sometimes it will be here...most other times in the future it would be the WN Forum but right now it comes primarily through the newsletters and email.

There is such a high volume here things get buried pretty quick and it is hard to discuss details in this setting.

Anyway....we had already contacted Mr. Harrison soon after we saw his post.  And just to illustrate....I don't think any of the regional reps from NY read here that regularly...they all new (and very talented) and getting in touch with them the fastest would be through the contact form or even the WN Forum.  Right now they are in the planning stages along with the Canada crew for upcoming events.  They've had meetings already but the minutes are not up yet.

Always welcome a lil interest and kick start so trinbago's anxiousness is good in the grand scheme of things  :beermug:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2007, 04:05:12 PM »
Bake and shark , i understand yuh bredder and you're right, it's not the responsibility of the fans, however if the fans want to contribute to the cause , then let them. i for one think it's an idea worth looking into and i would probably sugest a pledge from all the willing forumites of $50 , that should be a good start. lets put our money where our heart is. talking you're a proud worrior is good , but showing it is much better.                              positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 24, 2007, 05:41:33 PM »
I dunno why you seem to think it's the fans' responsibility to raise money for the players.

Bakes, this was the question I was expecting, but I didn't think it would come from you!

Let me give you a scenario.

Take 200 employees from any business in any country. Sit them in a room and tell them how global warming is killing  the planet. (Stay with me, here)

Every one of the 200 is in favour of taking action.

They all agree its terrible, but what can we do?

We say we're gonna march to parliament on saturday.

Suddenly eveyones too busy on saturday. They have to go shopping, they're decorating the house etc

Only 50 people say they can turn up to the march.

On saturday, 20 people turn up, but 10 can only stay for an hour.

Of the 10 remaining, maybe 7 are going to turn up next time.

This is a hypothetical scenario, but if you're  honest, you know this is what would happen. About globalwarming. Their childrens future.

Now take 200 ProLeague footballers. How many do you really expect to help FPATT?

There are approx 3,000 professional footballers in England and Wales. They getfree boots. They get free medical cover, they get free insurance, they get free legal advice, they get a heavily subsidised pension.

When I visit a club at training and ask for the players to stay behind for 10 minutes, I'm lucky if I get 6 to stay behind.

Footballers are no different than any other group of workers. Some care, some only care about themselves. Some are smart, some aren't. Some look to the future, some have trouble thinking about today.

The footballers are only in our lives for 10 or 15 years. They are transient passengers on our train. Football belongs to us. Football earns footballers money, but it costs supporters. Not for ten years, but for life. We do it because we love it, and the only reward we expect is committment and entertainment.

FPATT is the only organisation on the horizon to offer the chance of change in T&T football. Yes, its primarily for the players, but its also about the development of the game. Your game. If there is another organisation that backs football in T&T, then donate to them. But I don't see one.

FPATT was formed by a minority of players, all of whom live overseas. These players have invested their own timeand money to make FPATT a reality.

All I am asking is that you, the true football supporters invest in your future. There simply isn't enough of us yet to raise the required funds.

The members (players based in Trinidad &Tobago) do not have vast incomes and therefore, if we charged them subs, they would have to be minimal. Once we can begin to offer a range of benefits, then we can charge subs. Our first priority is to get all players to join, so at least we can challenge TTFF on behalf of the players.

Its a long and frustrating process, but its worth the effort. If together we can change the system in T&T, at least we can feel we've achieved something.

This poll was implemented so we can gauge the feelings of supporters. By asking your opinions, we can better decide which route to take.

As with the global warming scenario, some of you will just talk, some will make a token effort and some will get involved and really help. Whichever category you fall into, you have a right to voice your opinion, and FPATT will take note.

When was the last time TTFF, Warner, CONCACAF or FIFA asked for your opinion?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 24, 2007, 06:21:05 PM »
let me tell you mr Fpatt why supporters are so reluctant

the gap between the players and supporters is too big.

look how long we begging for a Q&A in a chatroom with a player

everytime flex interview ah man he say he does be on this site but doh post why???

i thing iz big boy syndrome.

sorry but thats my feelings until they say otherwise. 

and we feel if we donate (as TT does say) transparency is all we ask for

what this money for?

doh cuss meh ah just asking

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 24, 2007, 06:22:52 PM »
And just to illustrate my point......269 views and 24 votes!

I even included the option "would not donate" and 90% of viewers still didn't vote! (Ok, I know some people have viewed more than once, but its still proves the point)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2007, 06:48:01 PM »
let me tell you mr Fpatt why supporters are so reluctant

the gap between the players and supporters is too big.

look how long we begging for a Q&A in a chatroom with a player

everytime flex interview ah man he say he does be on this site but doh post why???

i thing iz big boy syndrome.

sorry but thats my feelings until they say otherwise. 

and we feel if we donate (as TT does say) transparency is all we ask for

what this money for?

doh cuss meh ah just asking

Morvant, I'm not going to cuss you...your questions are fair.

The money is, as I mentioned before, to put towards several projects. However, If it is preferred, the money raised from this site could be directed at a chosen project. Probably the football in the community programme.

This will be aimed at the poorer regions of Trinidad & Tobago. We'd like to encourage youngsters to become more interested in ProLeague football. This is because we feel that attendances need to be increased at matches. This develops affinities to clubs and brings more money into the game. This can be used in attract more foreignstares, which in turn brings in more revenue to develop local talent.

This is one of the ways the English PFA helped turn around the image of English football and attendances went from a post war low to a post war high over a 15 year period. Of course, the downside to having the worlds top league is that its harder to develop home grown talent, however, I don't see T&T progressing quite that far.

Initially, we would arrange regular coaching sessions for children in conjunction with the local ProLeague team. We'd get players to attend, give stadium tours and discounted match tickets. We also wish tocompile a free dvd featuring the worlds best footballers, but every other clip would be of T&T players, such as Spanns gold cup goal, Kelvins spectacular save vs Bahrain, Tallsts qualyfying goal etc, with the aim of showing that T&T can be up there with the best. You can't go and watch Beckham, Pele or Maradonna, but you can see Spann play for T&T.

As for your other comments, we've had Sancho, Jack, Shaka, Marvin over the last few months. As for the others? Maybe you will see them in the coming months.

I think they're probably right not to post on here. After all, it is a supporters site. Interviews are sufficient in my opinion.

As for big boy syndrome, well maybe you are right in some cases. But as to my original comments, some care, some only care about themselves. You just need to decide which is which. Ask yourself which players are in a position to do more.

As for transparency, I try to keep you as up to date as possible. However, there are times when I cannot give details because of legal or strategic reasons . This is a public site and there are people who read this who do not have our best interests at heart, but whatever I can release will be put here.

If you are interested in ensuring FPATT is run correctly, you are welcome to assist us and there may be an option of assisting with the steering committee.   

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2007, 06:51:13 PM »

Bakes, this was the question I was expecting, but I didn't think it would come from you!

Take 200 employees from any business in any country. Sit them in a room and tell them how global warming is killing  the planet. (Stay with me, here)

Suddenly eveyones too busy on saturday. They have to go shopping, they're decorating the house etc

This is a hypothetical scenario, but if you're  honest, you know this is what would happen. About globalwarming. Their childrens future.

Now take 200 ProLeague footballers. How many do you really expect to help FPATT?

There are approx 3,000 professional footballers in England and Wales. They getfree boots. They get free medical cover, they get free insurance, they get free legal advice, they get a heavily subsidised pension.

When I visit a club at training and ask for the players to stay behind for 10 minutes, I'm lucky if I get 6 to stay behind.

Footballers are no different than any other group of workers. Some care, some only care about themselves. Some are smart, some aren't. Some look to the future, some have trouble thinking about today.

The footballers are only in our lives for 10 or 15 years. They are transient passengers on our train. Football belongs to us. Football earns footballers money, but it costs supporters. Not for ten years, but for life. We do it because we love it, and the only reward we expect is committment and entertainment.

FPATT is the only organisation on the horizon to offer the chance of change in T&T football. Yes, its primarily for the players, but its also about the development of the game. Your game. If there is another organisation that backs football in T&T, then donate to them. But I don't see one.

FPATT was formed by a minority of players, all of whom live overseas. These players have invested their own timeand money to make FPATT a reality.

All I am asking is that you, the true football supporters invest in your future. There simply isn't enough of us yet to raise the required funds.

The members (players based in Trinidad &Tobago) do not have vast incomes and therefore, if we charged them subs, they would have to be minimal. Once we can begin to offer a range of benefits, then we can charge subs. Our first priority is to get all players to join, so at least we can challenge TTFF on behalf of the players.

Its a long and frustrating process, but its worth the effort. If together we can change the system in T&T, at least we can feel we've achieved something.

This poll was implemented so we can gauge the feelings of supporters. By asking your opinions, we can better decide which route to take.

As with the global warming scenario, some of you will just talk, some will make a token effort and some will get involved and really help. Whichever category you fall into, you have a right to voice your opinion, and FPATT will take note.

Well said :applause: :applause: Once the fund is set up I will be happy to donate...I assume FPATT is setting up some form of paypal system..

And thank you DCS for your response...good to see action is taking place behind the scenes!
Warrior For Life !!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 24, 2007, 07:12:06 PM »
Trinbago, we will see what the outcome of the poll is. There will be a facility on the FPATT website to make donations and purchase items. I was more interested in the general feeling towards donating. There are members of FPATT who feel we should not accept donations.

I do not share that sentiment. If we can't get grants or sponsorship, then money has to come from somewhere. Theres too much to do and the time to sit and wait has gone. There needs to be a strong organisation to counter TTFF & co and this can only come with increased profile and awareness.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2007, 07:41:26 PM »
fair with me sounds reasonable

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2007, 10:06:13 PM »
FPATT

Trinis not into spending money even 4 what they know is a good cause the vast majority ah peeps here eh even join the WN. So doh expect them to give anyting to FPATT

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 24, 2007, 10:26:28 PM »

FPATT I dunno why you'd be surprised that the question would come from me...as you get to know me you'll find that friend or foe if I feel there's something to be said then I'll say it.  You should know that I'm fully committed to seeing FPATT get off the ground, however I think I may have misunderstood it's purpose.  FPATT is an organization who's membership is restricted to professional footballers from TnT...the casual fan cannot enjoy the privilege of membership....it is a player's organization and my interpretation of that is that it's a player's "union".  If I misstate or misunderstand please advise.  You state that the goal of the organization is to promote TnT football, and I have no question as to your sincerety.  However, how can the be to promote TnT football, when membership is restricted to just the players, the vast majority of whom you state are largely apathetic to it's goals?  Why limit membership to an indifferent lot?

Mind you, I am not lobbying for opening membership up to the general public.  I believe it is high time for TnT footballers to unite and stand in opposition to the destructive and regressive tactics of the TTFF.  My belief is that when you start talking about promoting the interest and development of TnT football as a mission critical objective of FPATT then you may be attempting to wear too many hats...thewarriornation.com already serves that purpose along with the TTFF...albeit not in unison.  Forgetting the TTFF (because that will only open up a bunch of sidetracking long talk), Warrior Nation does what it can to support TnT football, and footballers...all of them.  I think that the PLAYERS should stand together and seek their own interest...with the tacit support of the fans.  If a man, as a professional cannot see to involve himself in securing his own interest by becoming active in or supportive of FPATT, then FPATT needs not concern himself with such a man.

Again, I am biased in outlook because so much of my reference is the American model...but it is one worthy of emulation.  Players organize, and unionize and bargain on a regular basis with the respective professional leagues, and a Collective Bargaining Agreement which establishes the context for the league-athlete dynamic, or interaction. It is less employer-employee, than a partnership which shares revenue from broadcast rights, income, marketing, sponsorship, merchandizing etc.  FPATT is small and taking baby steps so I don't expect it to get to that level anytime soon, but again, without the players FPATT is nothing.  Fans can be as supportive as they want and all we'll have is Warrior Nation called by another name and I see no need for redundancy...the wheel has not only already been invented,but set in motion as well.  Let me just say that other than being a dues-paying member of WN, I am not affiliated with the management of the organization, and my views are my own.

I think FPATT needs to decide as clearly and concisely as possible what it's mission is.  If it is to serve as a unified advocacy body for the professional players, then fundraisers etc. aren't necessarily a bad idea, but FPATT should have a body of benefits to offer it's membership, and in essence you're asking fans to provide, fund and underwrite this, when in reality the players are the ones who should actively be seeking their own interests.  Even if you have to charge a prorated membership fee, adjusted for salaries then so be it, but if professional footballers are the beneficiaries, then professional footballers should seed the investment...after all, it's an investment in themselves.

1]; } ?>