June 16, 2024, 04:19:49 AM

Poll

Which are you more likely to choose to help raise funds for FPATT?

collection box in bar/office
2 (5.3%)
go to bank to make deposit
3 (7.9%)
attend fundraising match/lime
12 (31.6%)
buy FPATT clothing
5 (13.2%)
donation by post
4 (10.5%)
donation by card via iternet
11 (28.9%)
Would not donate
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: July 30, 2007, 04:00:37 PM

Author Topic: FPATT Thread  (Read 134499 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Liburd: FPATT: Deal with us, Jack
« Reply #240 on: August 09, 2007, 09:41:00 AM »
allya really feel Jackula go do this with the best of intentions..I ent believe so...is some small print ting he go pull in the future to Cheat de players.
Jaguar doh change spots jus so eh
Good Luck to the Players...all the best
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 09, 2007, 09:41:55 AM »
Record your conversations and get everything in writing and signed.
Warrior For Life !!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #242 on: August 09, 2007, 09:49:36 AM »
Morris welcomes meeting with Warner
By: Newsday

Thursday, August 9 2007

FOOTBALL Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) interim vice-president Clayton Morris said his organisation welcomes any discussion concerning the dispute over World Cup bonuses.

Responding to Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation advisor Jack Austin Warner’s recent comments about resolving the payment issue, the ex-Strike Squad captain in a news release yesterday stated, it was always the aim of the association to settle the conflict “without the need to attend court.”

Morris stated that he felt pleased that at least the TTFF and Warner have extended an olive branch by desiring to meet with the players, however, the FPATT official stressed that it would be inappropriate for the FIFA vice-president to undergo discussions with individual players since they are represented by a certified body. Morris pointed out that the organisation is fully functional and will discontinue their court action against the TTFF once they can meet with the TTFF representative and come to an amicable agreement.

The players union will be looking forward to being contacted by the TTFF or Warner to arrange a meeting that is most convenient to both parties. If this convening fails to happen within a suitable space of time then FPATT will take the proactive approach and write to the TTFF requesting an assembly of both bodies.

Morris stated that FPATT will also like to use the opportunity to “hold preliminary talks with the TTFF representative regarding players contracts for the forthcoming 2010 World Cup campaign.”

He also pointed out that players are all ready to assume national duty when called upon but this issue which has dragged on for so long must be settled forthwith.

Football is the career and life of the players and FPATT is entrusted to ensure that their concerns and problems are addressed in the most professional manner.

When asked by Newsday about any animosity between current national captain Densil Theobald and his “blacklisted “ World Cup teammates for the 2007 Gold Cup tournament, Morris pointed out that the players union was in its “teething stage” at that point in time but all the players can now see for themselves that it is necessary to be a member of FPATT.

The organisation, he said, will act as a delegate for all their membership now and in the future.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 09, 2007, 10:08:28 AM »
I guess we have to wait and see.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 09, 2007, 04:05:52 PM »
Ah like how dis FPATT business is being handled. Nice professional communiques. Mature no-nonsense lyrics from Clayton Morris. Classic antidote to divide and rule conspiracy. Well done  :applause:
Ah followin' closely  >:(
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 09, 2007, 04:33:09 PM »
All yuh have to realize as a history teacher when ever he wasn't absent on FIFA business he feel is 1807 when the house slaves would sell out the field slaves. Jack is 2007 deal with FPATT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 09, 2007, 05:12:12 PM »
Bet yuh Jack say he eh meeting with no FPATT.

FPATT, has the TTFF ever acknowledged the existence of your organization? I'm curious.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 09, 2007, 06:44:20 PM »
No probs doh meet with FPATT. Carlos holds d key once he support he suing brrothers Jack go have to meet with FPATT or let d impasse continue 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #248 on: August 09, 2007, 07:39:45 PM »
Jack is fighting very hard not to reconize FPATT what he fail to realize we are livin in a time when man eh takin he neither his bullshit any more .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 10, 2007, 05:39:17 AM »

FPATT, has the TTFF ever acknowledged the existence of your organization? I'm curious.

To my knowledge, FPATT has never been officially acknowledged by TTFF, CONCACAF or Jack Warner.

I do hope that people will recognise the professionalism within FPATT compared to the statements released on behalf of TTFF. Wherever possible, we try to present clear statements to the press without resorting to petty jibes and personal abuse.

Sometimes, this results in FPATT not reacting as quickly as some may wish, but we hope people understand that this is necessary sometimes.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 10, 2007, 05:54:09 AM »

To my knowledge, FPATT has never been officially acknowledged by TTFF, CONCACAF or Jack Warner.

I do hope that people will recognise the professionalism within FPATT compared to the statements released on behalf of TTFF. Wherever possible, we try to present clear statements to the press without resorting to petty jibes and personal abuse.

Sometimes, this results in FPATT not reacting as quickly as some may wish, but we hope people understand that this is necessary sometimes.

Remember my earlier post about essentially united you stand divided you fall .
What happens if there is disension in the ranks, say 1 or 2 players decide they better off dropping the action?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 10, 2007, 09:46:10 AM »

and video taped, yuh want to cover all bases with Jack

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 10, 2007, 04:09:56 PM »
This race iz not for the fastest or the swiftest , this race iz for those who can endure to the very end , stand up FPATT fight for your rights to represent .He jack know that he cannot play with people bread and butter any more because big brother FPATT would be watchin.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 10, 2007, 04:32:22 PM »
and video taped, yuh want to cover all bases with Jack
FPATT, dese suggestions are what you need to SHOW Jackula that his BS is OVER....... ;)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 04:37:02 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Warner Doubts Meeting with FPATT
« Reply #255 on: August 11, 2007, 11:55:24 PM »
Doubts linger about solving football impasse
Saturday, August 11 2007

CARIBBEAN football boss Jack Warner expressed doubt as to whether it is appropriate to meet with the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) concerning the current impasse between the TTFF and the World Cup players regarding bonus payments.

Speaking to Newsday, Warner indicated that he was skeptical about the validity of the newly formed players organisation.

He stated that he is not against anyone nor does he hold grudges of any kind. Warner said he simply views the issue as a major “difference of opinion.”

The man who holds the office of CFU president stated, however, he feels proper protocol should be followed at all times.

Warner stated that he will speak to the TTFF to determine if negotiations can take place with FPATT.

He pointed out that discussions will only be conducted if the TTFF recognises FPATT as a certified body.

Interim vice-president of FPATT, Clayton Morris conceded to Newsday recently that the players union was in its “teething stage” previously, but they now have things in place and are ready to assume immediate operation. Morris in a media release expressed optimism that the conflict would be settled “without the need to attend court” but the former national captain feels that since the TTFF had requested Warner represent them, then it is only fair that the players have FPATT to speak on their behalf.

The two bodies have been at loggerheads for months with the conflict culminating with FPATT taking the TTFF to court.

In response, the TTFF “blacklisted” most players from the ”Soca Warriors” World Cup squad, and they were not included in the team for the 2007 Gold Cup.

Warrior For Life !!

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner Doubts Meeting with FPATT
« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2007, 12:01:07 AM »
allya see dis man Jackula
his own organisation FIFA wants players to have representation and he back squeezing
plain an simple, Jack you are a BULLY
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2007, 12:35:36 AM »
I can already see TTFF or warner saying that FPATT was not a part of de initial arrangement and were not representing said players at the time of agreement therefore why should they be recognized within this issue.

FPATT I feel have to deal with it strictly on the grounds that the players want them to speak on their behalf the same way that TTFF want Jack to speak on their behalf and hope that stand up.

Warner trying to single out men like carlos, Kenwayne, Cornell, Me Mum, Scotland and all de young boys and handle dem on de side so as to avoid haveing to handle players who will no longer represent like shaka, Marvin, Lawrence, Stern...

I wish FPATT all the luck in the world.. Is time dis impasse done.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2007, 12:40:38 AM »
Isn't FPATT registered with FiFPro which is a FIFA recognized organization..so how can the TTFF not recognize FPATT ??
Warrior For Life !!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 12, 2007, 04:04:55 AM »
Jack warner is ah real devil yes , no doubt!!!!!!!!       negative.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 12, 2007, 04:29:23 AM »
Some corrections to previous statements and comments.

Firstly, FPATT did not take TTFF to court. The blacklisted players sought legal advice independently of FPATT. The players lawyers wrote to TTFF twice, asking which arbitration system they would prefer to use. The lawyers received no reply. The lawywers then went about preparing court action. Then TTFF blacklisted the players.

During this period, the players and then, at the players request, FPATT, requested meetings.

FPATT has applied for membership of FIFPro. This is usually a three year process culminating in full membership. FPATT has met with FIFPro minimum requirements and is moving forward with speed towards associate member status.

The players may select any body or organisation to present their case at meetings etc, but it is up to TTFF whether they choose to recognise that body or meet with them. It does not matter that FPATT were not originally part of the issue. FPATT would be representing the players, not acting on their (FPATTs) own beliefs.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 09:16:30 PM by FPATT »

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 12, 2007, 08:07:31 AM »
Yep as I expected. Jack eh go want to meet with FPATT. I get the sense he cyar handle professional negotiations. Camps neither, which is why Jack asking him to resign. Jack realizing that things changing and inevitably, TTFF have to change or is constant pressure. TTFF has to get some professional personnel. They are being forced to.

And Warner still calling the issue a "difference of opinion"!!? That man mad or what!!? The thing in court and national players blacklisted!! I think he also a little mental.

Let Warner haul his ass 'bout TTFF has to recognize FPATT as a certified body. Imagine he say this after they've been running TTFF like de "sweetdrink shop dong de road" for so many years. TTFF has no choice now but to deal with FPATT.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 08:09:46 AM by Socafan »
Two islands are better than one.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #262 on: August 12, 2007, 10:22:26 AM »

FPATT needs to get a substantial number of players to sign on.  That will be a huge factor.  What are the numbers like now?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2007, 11:05:30 AM »
It does not matter that FPATT were not originally part of the issue. FPATT would be representing the players, not acting on their (FPATTs) own beliefs.

That's the sum of it all.  Had the players hired a lawyer instead to represent them would Jack similarly voice issues at the legitimacy of said representation?  FPATT is simply a body representing the players en masse rather than individually.  For all his education Jack is woefully uninformed...either that or it's just his usual empty posturing.

I found is spectacularly funny that he said he has to confer with the TTFF on the legitimacy of meeting with FPATT...he may have well go in a backroom and chat with himself for a couple minutes then come back.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 12, 2007, 11:09:43 AM »
I found is spectacularly funny that he said he has to confer with the TTFF on the legitimacy of meeting with FPATT...he may have well go in a backroom and chat with himself for a couple minutes then come back.
I not even giving him that much credit

the man is a bully

Bakes you might enjoy this article about omnipotency.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 11:12:14 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 12, 2007, 11:10:34 AM »
Ah know some ah alyuh here see lion of the desert ,yuh see how the muslim tied their  foot with ah  belt so that when the enemy advance they would not run , this iz the way yuh have to fight this man , he iz TTFF but he iz sayin that he have to meet wid TTFF ,the man on games mine games ah hope they explode up his ass.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 12, 2007, 11:36:43 AM »
I not even giving him that much credit

the man is a bully

Bakes you might enjoy this article about omnipotency.

Good gawd, dai'z not ah article...dai'z ah tome, lol

Ah go check it out.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #267 on: August 12, 2007, 12:43:37 PM »
Jack Warner talking about "protocol."

;D :rotfl:

Lawd,we should collect these quotes and make a book yes :rotfl: :rotfl:

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #268 on: August 12, 2007, 12:47:26 PM »
Jack Warner talking about "protocol."

;D :rotfl:

Lawd,we should collect these quotes and make a book yes :rotfl: :rotfl:

VB

It can be volume 3 after "Bushisms" and "quotes from the Iraqi information minister"

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 12, 2007, 05:38:13 PM »
Good gawd, dai'z not ah article...dai'z ah tome, lol
Ah go check it out.
yeah and i had to use about three dictionary
Very good writer
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>