April 26, 2024, 07:19:03 AM

Poll

Which are you more likely to choose to help raise funds for FPATT?

collection box in bar/office
2 (5.3%)
go to bank to make deposit
3 (7.9%)
attend fundraising match/lime
12 (31.6%)
buy FPATT clothing
5 (13.2%)
donation by post
4 (10.5%)
donation by card via iternet
11 (28.9%)
Would not donate
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: July 30, 2007, 04:00:37 PM

Author Topic: FPATT Thread  (Read 132607 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Football union vows to end players’ woes
« Reply #540 on: April 17, 2008, 07:09:22 PM »
So what the TTFF have to say now?  Or rather, What does Jack have to say?  Where is their budget?  Bring it on Jack! Bring it on!
ent  :applause:

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #541 on: April 17, 2008, 09:52:11 PM »
Oppressor , impresser Jack yuh jus spratt .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 18, 2008, 10:08:38 AM »
I wish dem well but it hard 2 but your head out for peps who eh have d balls to sign a form
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 18, 2008, 10:27:18 AM »
I wish dem well but it hard 2 but your head out for peps who eh have d balls to sign a form
        Weary i kind of sympathise with the players and we have to understand this is something new to them especially the locals who are not true Pros in the sense,most of these guys have a job and play Football part time,the Pros at home is more or less the foreigners,i know for sure Defence Force players can't sign that,i'm sure the same goes for Police and other services,how many players are full time Pros in T&T that's why may be peps don't have balls to sign,most local players i don't think depend on Football solely as a livelihood if they did i think they would.Shaka and his organisation has to set up meetings with each club and sell this thing to them,i'm sure we on this website know more about PFATT than T&T players.   

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 18, 2008, 10:32:38 AM »
Coops I understand but it comes a point when you have u make a stand Shaka and dem cyah b willing 2 take all d licks.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 18, 2008, 10:44:16 AM »
I don't think FPATT is only for professional footballers, so anybody could join.

It so easy for FPATT to make up the documents the Minister ask for and submit it.  TTFF playing the arse.

BTW....looking at the picture, ah find that proposal kinda small boy.

Like is a one page something that saying...

"What we want...1st year - $1million TT....2nd yr  - 2million.....3rd yr - 3million."
 ;D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 18, 2008, 10:47:10 AM »
If it long dey eh go read it

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 18, 2008, 10:51:22 AM »
I don't think FPATT is only for professional footballers, so anybody could join.

It so easy for FPATT to make up the documents the Minister ask for and submit it.  TTFF playing the arse.

"What we want...1st year - $1million TT....2nd yr  - 2million.....3rd yr - 3million."
 ;D

My understanding it was only for professional players,that's why some people was asking about women players etc etc   

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #548 on: April 18, 2008, 10:54:33 AM »

;D

My understanding it was only for professional players,that's why some people was asking about women players etc etc   

Shaka answered that at the press conference:

Shaka Hislop outlined that his organisation will not only be serving national players and professionals but also the women players and those playing as semi professionals.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 18, 2008, 11:34:29 AM »
Eman u beat me 2 it

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
FPATT to shape pro football in T&T.
« Reply #550 on: April 24, 2008, 05:29:09 AM »
T&T Guardian Reports.
[/size]

Football Players Association of T&T (FPATT) intends to shape the future of professional football in the country. In it’s mission statement, FPATT will also be providing a vehicle to facilitate collective bargaining which includes international appearance fees. In addition, the association will be providing a minimum standard contract of employment for professional footballers and youth players.

Football Players Association of T&T
Mission Statement

1. To provide an elected representative body that can address the concerns of professional footballers in T&T.

2. To achieve 100 per cent membership of professional footballers in T&T.

3. To provide professional footballers with the ability through a representative body to help govern and shape the future of profesional football in T&T.

4. To provide a vehicle to facilitate collective bargaining on behalf of the membership including pre-set international appearance fees.

5. To provide a maximum standard contract of employement for professional footballers and youth players to provide security for clubs and players alike and to give players access to free legal advice.

6. To arrange sponsorship and funding to put into place insurance for players in case of career ending injuries.

7. To work alongside TTFF to help encourage football in the community projects to help to increase the attraction of the professional game in T&T with both supporters and prospective players.

8. To arrange an affordable professional footballers group pension scheme with the long term aim of clubs contributing on behalf of players.

9. To provide education and advice to assist players leaving the game to obtain new careers outside football.

10. To liaise with FIFPRO and the other COINCACAF players associations to develop similar working practices across the region, improving the attraction of football as a profession and increasing the standards of professional football in the Caribnbean.

11. To lobby for changes in the governing of the game at all levels to provide financial transparency.

12. To provide player representation for the benefit of players and clubs alike, to reduce much needed finances going to outside parties, and to arrange in association with the TTFF more stringent agent licensing. 

DAVE BOBB (right) of the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs, attracts the attention of LEONSON LEWIS (left) and CLAYTON MORRIS (centre) at the Football Players Association of T&T press conference last week at Queen’s Park Oval. In Bob’s hand is documents asked for by his ministry from FPATT. Photo: Clyden Mc Donald.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 05:33:22 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FPATT to shape pro football in T&T.
« Reply #551 on: April 24, 2008, 10:07:25 AM »
well done FPATT  :applause:  to quote Andre Samuel, ah love it!!
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 24, 2008, 10:18:42 AM »
T&T Guardian Reports.
[/size]

Football Players Association of T&T (FPATT) intends to shape the future of professional football in the country. In it’s mission statement, FPATT will also be providing a vehicle to facilitate collective bargaining which includes international appearance fees. In addition, the association will be providing a minimum standard contract of employment for professional footballers and youth players.

Football Players Association of T&T
Mission Statement

1. To provide an elected representative body that can address the concerns of professional footballers in T&T.

2. To achieve 100 per cent membership of professional footballers in T&T.

3. To provide professional footballers with the ability through a representative body to help govern and shape the future of profesional football in T&T.

4. To provide a vehicle to facilitate collective bargaining on behalf of the membership including pre-set international appearance fees.

5. To provide a maximum standard contract of employement for professional footballers and youth players to provide security for clubs and players alike and to give players access to free legal advice.

6. To arrange sponsorship and funding to put into place insurance for players in case of career ending injuries.

7. To work alongside TTFF to help encourage football in the community projects to help to increase the attraction of the professional game in T&T with both supporters and prospective players.

8. To arrange an affordable professional footballers group pension scheme with the long term aim of clubs contributing on behalf of players.

9. To provide education and advice to assist players leaving the game to obtain new careers outside football.

10. To liaise with FIFPRO and the other COINCACAF players associations to develop similar working practices across the region, improving the attraction of football as a profession and increasing the standards of professional football in the Caribnbean.

11. To lobby for changes in the governing of the game at all levels to provide financial transparency.

12. To provide player representation for the benefit of players and clubs alike, to reduce much needed finances going to outside parties, and to arrange in association with the TTFF more stringent agent licensing. 

DAVE BOBB (right) of the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs, attracts the attention of LEONSON LEWIS (left) and CLAYTON MORRIS (centre) at the Football Players Association of T&T press conference last week at Queen’s Park Oval. In Bob’s hand is documents asked for by his ministry from FPATT. Photo: Clyden Mc Donald.

watching Leo and JB, ah wonder if there was a time when Camps and dem others really was in it for de love(and advancement) of de game here in TnT or if dem fellahs get into it solely for monetary gain and power?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 24, 2008, 10:26:14 AM »
 :beermug:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 24, 2008, 03:08:35 PM »
I like the tie. I have to get one.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: April 24, 2008, 03:30:08 PM »
This is how you undertake things in a professional manner...God-willing one day FPATT will be able to have an amicable relationship with the TTFF.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 24, 2008, 04:57:44 PM »
Dread, ah feel real realllllllll proud to see meh own boys sharp as evah, organized, professionally dressed, creatively uniformed in businesslike patriotic colours, visible as powerful marketing statements and ready to answer to the media, oversight committees, political and accounting bodies.... And look who is de face of FPATT here. De baddest left winger to EVER play for T&T and de most no-nonsense captain/defender to play for T&T. These are fellahs who doh make joke when dey say dey serious and who doh stand, as another poster said, for no "4cree". Systematic planning bearing serious fruit. De only way to counter oppressive exploitation  :applause: :applause:

Boy ah proud ah dem ... in stark contrast to the putrid kakaholeness of Jackula, Scamps, Rodent and dey exploitative bamcee-licking minions.

FPATT, you will have my support. Nuff respect  :salute:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 07:07:32 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 24, 2008, 06:11:59 PM »
Dread, ah feel real realllllllll proud to see meh own boys sharp as evah, organized, professionally dressed, creatively uniformed in businesslike patriotic colours, visible as powerful marketing statements and ready to answer to media, oversight committee, political and accounting bodies.... And look who is de face of FPATT here. De baddest left winger to EVER play for T&T and de most no-nonsense captain/defender to play for T&T. These are fellahs who doh make joke when dey say dey serious and who doh stand, as another poster said, for no "4cree". Systematic planning bearing serious fruit. De only way to counter oppressive exploitation  :applause: :applause:

Boy ah proud ah dem ... in stark contrast to the putrid  kakaholeness of Jackula, Scamps, Rodent and dey exploitative bamcee-licking minions.

FPATT, you will have my support. Nuff respect  :salute:

True talk indeed.

For all the (deserved) attention that Shaka gets here and in the press, let's not forget men like Clayton, Tiger, Leonson, Brent Sancho and Kelvin Jack.  All these men are making valuable contributions far removed from the spotlight, and in the case of Sancho and Jack...at the expense of their professional careers...don't think this blacklist extends to just the National team.  Kudos to these fellas for getting this thing off the ground and running.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 24, 2008, 06:27:58 PM »
big up fpatt and the entire movement

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 24, 2008, 07:32:15 PM »

True talk indeed.

For all the (deserved) attention that Shaka gets here and in the press, let's not forget men like Clayton, Tiger, Leonson, Brent Sancho and Kelvin Jack.  All these men are making valuable contributions far removed from the spotlight, and in the case of Sancho and Jack...at the expense of their professional careers...don't think this blacklist extends to just the National team.  Kudos to these fellas for getting this thing off the ground and running.

Most definitely! Some simple algebra... Watch meh ..... Sancho = hero. Y'undastan'. He and Kelvin was in de vanguard when de backlash was threatenin'  to most likely destroy bot' ah dem. Ah doh care how much hard times he encounters in life, he and Kelvin have the spirit of FPATT branded all over their hearts and I will always be grateful to dem breddahs. And similar kudos to the next wave wit' Leslie and dem. Dat is Trini fuh yuh.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 04:44:47 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 24, 2008, 08:01:12 PM »
Keep at it evil prevail when good men 2 nutten

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #561 on: April 24, 2008, 08:17:46 PM »
Jack boy ah told yuh ass long time ago one day, one day congotay buh yuh did not believe me , yuh feel yuh bullshit would ah last forever

buh yuh ass lie ,you jack would have to work wid FPATT weather yuh like it or not , yuh have to come to the table with yuh  unorganize

self and talk wid the new breed of organize trini FPATT forever.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 24, 2008, 08:33:46 PM »
and in the case of Sancho and Jack...at the expense of their professional careers...don't think this blacklist extends to just the National team.

True dat.

I would really like to get the details on what went on in Gillingham back room for 2 world cup quality players to ketch their royal like that.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 24, 2008, 09:41:51 PM »
If this is the way the Government deciding to take things, I have to agree with these new developments. TTFF playing higher than almighty so go with the players association and make Camps and them hold they tongue. Put ah spoke in dey wheel.

We like it sooooo ;D
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 24, 2008, 10:23:05 PM »
and in the case of Sancho and Jack...at the expense of their professional careers...don't think this blacklist extends to just the National team.

True dat.

I would really like to get the details on what went on in Gillingham back room for 2 world cup quality players to ketch their royal like that.

Yeah I mihself doh really know what went on, but as the saying goes...God doh like ugly Gills m'gmt go get what they have coming to them, I'm sure.  Then to add insult to injury Jack come and break he leg and Sancho was forced to make his 40 day/40 night sojourn in the professional desert.  Brent has a small crack of an opportunity now and Jack is on the mend and walking again...hopefully this summer-into-August will bring better news for both.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 25, 2008, 04:44:49 AM »
Fyzoman, Dreamer, Midknight, ah really feelin' allyuh posts and questions asked.......Much praise has to be sung to the of the courage of some like the men we are seeing and hearing that have sacrificed to stand up to the likes of jackula and co. and much scorn to be had for some of his many many minions in T&T football while you just have to pity the others. 

We are a very small country where a man of jackula's power, can influence many people that are truly in this for the pure love of it while others want solely to benefit like he does. If the facts of just some of jackula's very, very nasty ways were to come out, i'm sure many of us might STILL be shocked even after this point, as to the lengths that this man would go to undermine, bleed, hold for ransom and suck off of: big clubs; small clubs; Associations; players and, sadly, his own people.  if only some of them facts come out, then it may be of little surprise to some of if we were to later find out that the reach of his blacklist extended well into and far beyond the reach of the board room in question.

We know what jackula is about, where he trying to keep T&T football and who he is trying to set up as his sole beneficiaries. Sancho and Jack, Leo, Shaka and the whole crew at FPATT, are pulling T&T football forward for the benefit of us all. As my Grandmother used to say: "man can do as he please, but not for as long as he please."

jackula and co. will be exposed

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FPATT at Parliament
« Reply #566 on: April 28, 2008, 01:39:02 PM »
FPATT at Parliament
FPATT Media

Trinidad & Tobago. goalkeeper, Kelvin Jack,  Mike Townley, the lawyer representing the 16 World Cup players in their arbitration hearing this week against the TTFF, and FPATT International Development Manager,Kevin Harrison, had a very productive meeting last tuesday with Derek Wyatt MP (a former England rugby international and chairman of the All Party Parliamentary 2012 Olympics Committee) and Alan Keen MP (chairman of the All Party Parliamentary Football Committee).

They discussed several topics including the forthcoming arbitration, the match vs England and the lack of recognition of FPATT by TTFF and their defiance of the FIFA/FIFPro memorandum of understanding and FIFAs regulations concerning Dispute Resoloution Chambers.

Kevin Harrison said "This meeting was to bring British MPs up to date on events involving Trinidad & Tobago footballers that also effect footballers in England, such as the inability to access FIFAs ethics committee unless a national football association presents your case."

"Both MPs were very interested in hearing about our issues" said Kelvin Jack "I was particularly pleased to meet Derek Wyatt MP, as he is my local constituent MP."

Mike Townley said " This week is a big week for the players involved in the arbitration case, and the decision made here in London could have a massive impact on the organisation and accountability of football federations around the world. World Cup football is big business and those associations taking part must ensure that they operate with transparency and  that their agreements with players are accurate and professionally negotiated."

Harrison added  "As always, FPATT is keen to work with TTFF to assist in the smooth running of football in Trinidad & Tobago."

FPATT representatives will be meeting with Mr Wyatt and Mr Keen again in the near future to continue discussions.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FPATT at Parliament
« Reply #567 on: April 28, 2008, 02:02:09 PM »
Excellent just talk 2 Marv and organize a meeting with d PM.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Fundraising for FPATT
« Reply #568 on: May 01, 2008, 03:52:05 AM »
FPATT, allya could sell your Black Shirt for the England Game.
anybody have pictures as I  cant seem to find them on here
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 04:55:37 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fundraising for FPATT
« Reply #569 on: May 01, 2008, 01:01:12 PM »
We had these made specially. Probably too hot and formal!

http://www.thewarriornation.com/component/option,com_gallery2/Itemid,40/?g2_itemId=251   

Momento.

1]; } ?>