April 27, 2024, 09:37:59 PM

Poll

Which are you more likely to choose to help raise funds for FPATT?

collection box in bar/office
2 (5.3%)
go to bank to make deposit
3 (7.9%)
attend fundraising match/lime
12 (31.6%)
buy FPATT clothing
5 (13.2%)
donation by post
4 (10.5%)
donation by card via iternet
11 (28.9%)
Would not donate
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: July 30, 2007, 04:00:37 PM

Author Topic: FPATT Thread  (Read 132675 times)

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FPATT- some comments on its aims
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2007, 06:58:37 PM »
I gather that Terry Fenwick and the directors at Jabloteh have given permission for Aurtis and Cyd to play in the funday match. Also, I understand there is an agreement that Cornell can make a cameo appearance, as he is not yet fully recovered from injury.

This really puts FPATT on the football map. If the proleague clubs are willing to support the union, its only a matter of time before TTFF are the only people in Trinidad not recognising FPATT.

Carlos, Birchall and Kelvin all in Trini now. Just waiting for Shaka to arrive.

There is a press launch today (friday) at 11am at Hasely Crawford Stadium and its hoped that most pro league clubs will be represented. Also, there is a radio discussion on saturday at 6pm. Not sure which station. Think it will include some of the players and a link up to the "special adviser" Kevin Harrison in England.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2007, 08:16:09 PM »
I gather that Terry Fenwick and the directors at Jabloteh have given permission for Aurtis and Cyd to play in the funday match. Also, I understand there is an agreement that Cornell can make a cameo appearance, as he is not yet fully recovered from injury.

This really puts FPATT on the football map. If the proleague clubs are willing to support the union, its only a matter of time before TTFF are the only people in Trinidad not recognising FPATT.

There is a press launch today (friday) at 11am at Hasely Crawford Stadium and its hoped that most pro league clubs will be represented. Also, there is a radio discussion on saturday at 6pm. Not sure which station. Think it will include some of the players and a link up to the "special adviser" Kevin Harrison in England.

Borse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

All now Jackula sayin'   :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead:

Jackula:  "How ah geyyin to teef moe morney now fuh de nex' few years. Dese ballers geyyin' too bright wid dey damn self. FPATT my ass!!  >:(  ".  "Scamps, come into my office now!!!". " Leh we start wukkin' on de baby Warriors as dey should be easier to rip orf of some good change,  as dem eh too bright and doh undertand life yet." "We had to go fuh de younger ones while dey in high school.

Scamps: "Yes sir, Mr Jackula"

Jackula: "Who de hell yuh callin' Jackula". " Take care I wipe orf yuh damn thalary, yuh hear Mister"

Scamps: "Sorry borse". "Yuh know dat without you I am nuhtin  :'( "

Jackula: " So what thould we do about Thancho and Jack. Dey get on de damn TV thixth Mornin' Edithion fuh everybody to thee and make we look bad, while people eating dey bake and buljol. Rodent, yuh kinda quiet, Wha' yuh tink? What thould we do, as ah feel we loothing ground despite thowing a brave fathe, and Thpalkthman eh really geyyin' muchth tracthion to puth we version of the sthtory."

Rodent:  " Borse, I real tired wit' dis now. Yuh eh go like what ah really tinkin' eh, but ah feel we should give up and say sorry and tell Sancho, Jack, Stern, Jones, Yorke, Birchall, Avery and Gray to don de juzzy as we cyah keep dis up. The T&T public is fed up and jess yesterday me and meh family geh stone on we own street!! Sir Ah cyah take dis! And to besides, we need de morney chief, that comes from the sponsors who want to see Birchall, Stern and company. Remember, Chief, we could be rich again if we reach de finals of de Gold Cup. De plan for scab labour will jess leave us broke Sir"." Leh we face reality nah. We diggin' we own grave."

Jackula:  :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: Ok ok ok ok!!!!!!!!!!!!  " Call Sancho on he cell and tell him we ready to strike a deal.....Now!!!!!!" "De blacklist......will resume after de Gold Cup"  >:(

Scamps : "Yes Mr Jackula, ah mean Chief " ;D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 10:28:50 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2007, 03:45:25 AM »
Dreamer-that was funny, man!

If only that would really happen.

More like Jack would be asking Camps "Get on the phone to those Pakistan cricket boys. Think its time we did a "Woolmer". Lets get them boys over here with their "bobsleighing" technique"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2007, 04:09:28 AM »
Dreamer you is a boss, man
Great work! ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2007, 05:18:37 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Good one dey Dreamer, Good one..... :beermug: :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline true warrior

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2007, 06:12:54 AM »

kentsoulman... can you confirm if the Radio discussion is still on and which station?

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2007, 06:56:46 AM »
Radio interview is tonite between 6.15 and 7pm on 195.1FM

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2007, 09:29:05 AM »

KSM, anybody....How did the press launch come off yesterday at de Hasely. Anything in the news? Oh gor.... I have to beg the newspapers anf TTFF Press office for dis info  >:(  ? Well as long as I eh beggin' Jackula. ;D

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2007, 04:01:20 PM »
from what I gather, there were two tv channels there and the Trini guardian published a photo and a report. However, some journalists were not present & later claimed they didn't receive a letter of invitation. these letters were sent, so it appears there are some editors who seem reluctant to give FPATT any exposure. After all,  if they didn't get an invite, surely any decent journo would ask why they didn't get one. If journalists only covered events they are invited to, there would be no news!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2007, 10:06:58 AM »
I see KSM. Thanks. Very very interesting  :thinking: :thinking:  Papayo! Dis geyyin' duttyer and duttyer

Anybody else hear (or see  :heehee: ) anything.

Flex, Tallman. palos...wha' goin' on dread?  Is a news boycott orwah?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 10:09:48 AM by dreamer »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
FPATT vs Celebrities match comments
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2007, 07:25:45 AM »
Dear forumites,

Just some comments about the game yesterday.

1) FPATT management might want to look into that acronym seriously. It is currently being used by the Family Planning Association of Trinidad and Tobago. Check they website....they refer to themselves as such...lets hope another legal issue does not arise.

2) I was in the covered stands and I did not see any Latapy, Yorke, Stern boots or merchandise on display even though it was announced on this site.

3) No T-shirts, Uniforms, fliers, rag...nuttin that the fan could purchase or no information on Fpatt or its aims concerns etc were available.

Where were these items as promised????

I arrived around 4:10 expecting the game to be underway.

Instead two primary school teams were battling it out on the field.

After that the Soca Warriors came out and warmed up...the Celebrities however stayed in the dressing room.

Game kicked off at 4:45...crowd estimated at about 500

The soca Warriors squad comprised of Durance williams in goal, dog, sancho, cyd, Carlos, Silvio spann, Scotland, Kenwyne, Stern, Glen, Atiba Charles,Wolfe, Birchall, Tiger and Theobold. Kelvin Jack was the Manger on the bench.

So it was 15 of them with Glen and Atiba on the bench. Tiger came late. In fact one of our forumites stated...OH LORSE ATIBA cyar even start in a fete match.

The celebrities was strike squad men and other radio and media personalities...numberingl just over 26 of them.

Funny enough in the last 5 minutes it was 26 celebrities on the field vs the 11 warriors and they came back to equalise and force the game into a penalty shootout.

Celebrities started with leonson Lewis, Eve, Brian WIlliams, Clayton Morris, Alibey, Jason Williams a fella name Peter George in the post and Maximus striking.

First goal came from the celebrities...a expert tru ball latched on to leonson who turn Spann and from the top of the 18 curl a side footer past williams.

Leo still have it yes and was the main attacking force in the Celeb arsenal.

After that the warriors started to knock the ball and ping it around the field and Wolfe and Kenwyne were the main abortionist on the day. Wolfe throw away three easy sitter and Kenwyne take a while before he score. Each time he miss they would sub him and put him on the bench...so men was just coming on the field for both teams after a 5-10 min.

It had level blade passing and men was going in to tackles hard and fierce as men didnt want to get embarrassed.

the score was 3-1 at the end of the first 3rd......Fete match ting nah...3, 30 min thirds instead of 2, 45.

AFter that the score was about 5-2 and then the celebrites made a comeback.

Funny enough it didnt have no setta beat, fan, spanner, but proper ball, passes crosses etc. Jason williams hit Theobold a roly poly by the corner flag but this was the highlight "toolum" of the evening.

As a certain poster said...Terry Seales does have a bullet and he hit a few shots to goal and scored one.

Angus eve swerved in a free kick late in the dregs and the Strike Squad men showed they still have the class and flair about them passing neatly and taking long range bullet.

In the final 2 thirds the game was at walking pace with fellas strolling around.

In the second third the Soca Warriors switched it up and Dog was the striker and Stern was playing Last. Dog actually was the top scorer for the warriors netting a few.

There was an attempt at commentry in the earlies from I think Mr. Ayres...but it wasnt until the final third that the Fearless one andres baptiste gave his commentry over the PA system so folks knew what was going on.

Many people didnt know who the celebrities were so at times it looked like a setta Fat men in white jersey or a setta Rasta running on the field.

But in all it was good kicks and the celebrities had more of the crowd support.

with 5 min to go the score was 7-3 and the Celebrities made a comeback with the entire bench running on the field. It was 11 vs twenty something and they was just running like batchac.

To tie the game a penalty was awarded and Maximus dan stepped up to take it only to blaze the shot overbar.

Game went to panalties and it ended up a draw with Kenwyne and Tiger missing and Hypa Hopper and somebody else missing for the celebrities. Jason Wiliams and Nigel SImon scoring some good bullet.

Dinanath Ramnarine have some touch in him. While local Reggae artiste King Daivd hit a powder puff and people remarked it was sorf like a candle in the wind.

All in all a good day of fun was had and it was entertaining.

I eagerly await the next one

Finally doe forget we playing Haiti next week alyuh come out and support.

Celebrities From

PS: Jason Williams (the thin foot terror)
Maximus Dan
Khari Kill
Levi Myaz
Ziggy Rankin
Shall marshall
Jeffery Wharton Lake
Clayton Morris
Brian Williams
Leonson Lewis
Kwesi "Hypa Hoppa" Hopkinson
Ian Prescott
Merry Perry
Tony Lee
Nigel Simon
Andre Baptiste
Ruskin Mark
Walter Alibey
Damian Melville
Terry Seales
Kevin Baker
Tony prescott
Anton Corneal
Adesh Samaroo
Kenny Phillips
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 10:18:03 PM by Flex »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: FPATT vs Celebrities match comments
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2007, 07:39:17 AM »
Thanks for the report but it seems they have a long way to go. I am still in denial that we do not have birchie and dem lining up for the GOLD CUP

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2007, 08:20:26 AM »
I started to comment on de game earlier but I mistakenly deleted my post and was to annoyed to re-write it at that point.....

I eh read yuh post yet Touches, but where de WN crew was?....I got there around 3:40 pm and coulda count on mih 10 fingers de number of people in de uncovered stands......
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2007, 08:26:26 AM »
Ok and ah just realise dat ah leave before de game done...(and a few other people too) ah leave after 60 mins....but from what yuh saying dey ah real miss out de kicks towards de end....

Now ah know why de Express say de game end 10 - 10...and ah thought de reporter was losing it.... ;D ;D....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2007, 08:44:07 AM »
 big up to touches  girl warrior weary patriot and all the other forumites that was there

game was ok but credit to touches cuz nuthion from fpatt was available

stern play last tstopper and cyd dog and wolfe strike dog have some beat

glenn score a beautful lob so it was a niceness
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2007, 09:14:27 AM »
big up to touches  girl warrior weary patriot and all the other forumites that was there

game was ok but credit to touches cuz nuthion from fpatt was available

stern play last tstopper and cyd dog and wolfe strike dog have some beat

glenn score a beautful lob so it was a niceness

Where were you guys??....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2007, 11:07:39 AM »
WE WERE IN COVERED BEHIND THE CAMERA MEN BOUT THE HALF LINE

easily visible in warriornation regalia :devil:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2007, 04:29:02 AM »
WE WERE IN COVERED BEHIND THE CAMERA MEN BOUT THE HALF LINE

easily visible in warriornation regalia :devil:

Alright ok.....next time I goin to double check wid all yuh before ah leave home.....cuz ah was de only one in my warrior nation regalia in de damn uncovered stands..... ;D ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2007, 04:44:43 AM »
is it just me? or isnt very ironic that no one knew who d celebrites were armmmmmmm am  i missing something here ;D
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2007, 04:55:49 AM »
Ah meant to say dis since yesterday.....ah was reeeaaallll disappointed wid de turn out at de stadium.....ah beginning to feel de people who really care bout we football all living abroad and de ones who still here is de pre-Strike Squad bunch who remember de love and good vibes from back den....

I dunno eh, I just trying to find a reason why we cyar get behind a cause at all, at all.....we does just take it up we bleeeppp......and leave it so....and dat goes for every part of society....

Food prices high, high.....we take it so
We cyar afford house and land......we take it so
Gov't say poverty reduced and use a income level of $655 per month as de basis for coming up wid dat.......we take it so
De supermarkets didn't remove VAT off some items in January instead some months later, never mind dey does jack up de price of items before de budget done read....we take it so....

Ssssttteeeeuupppssss.....leave it so, we like it so......ah tired.... :( :(
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline true warrior

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2007, 08:32:22 PM »
Here are a few suggestions for FPATT

1.  Plan an organized MARCH in front of the TTFF office, where you will have a press conference.
2. Contact the police commissioner and get permission for the march
3. We the fans get our banners ready.
4. Fans from abroad who can offer support, organise your plane trip once the date is given.
5.  Place an ADVERTISEMENT in the paper letting all soca warrior fans know a march is in effect.
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=27953.msg315463#msg315463

6. Invite all soca warrior fans to walk with a T&T flag as a sign of solidarity and wear red...
  • we want transparency in how TTFF runs their business.
  • We want financial statements published in the papers.
  • We want players selected for the games based on ABILITY, players must earn their position based on being the cream of the crop.

7.  We want the TTFF to speak to the fans.  If they are not in the country, they should sent a representative to answer the questions.
8. If the fans do not get an answer from this march. then step up protest actions at the games....Chanting, banners etc.

This is not a time to back down.  We want to celebrate just like Mexicans, USA.  Its time the fans DEMAND that the TTFF put their house in order.   Bring victory home o'else.......

Offline true warrior

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2007, 08:59:50 AM »
kentsoulman, what is FPATT's next move....  :waiting:

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FPATT Thread
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2007, 12:22:06 PM »
English rep calls for TTFF and FPATT to work together.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

The English representative for two of this country’s World Cup team members is calling for there to be an amicable relationship between the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation and the recently formed Football Players Association.
Davies, a former scout for English club Manchester City arrived in the country last week for a few days to handle business involving local youth players Khaleem Hyland, Lester Peltier and Atulla Guerra who are awaiting their work permit approvals before heading off to Portsmouth . He is also the representative for Brent Sancho and Kelvin Jack.
Davies felt that the formation of FPATT could only bear benefits with input from the TTFF.
“They (FPATT) have to be professional about it and it needs to involve the TTFF,” Davies told TTFF Media as he watched the senior team train at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Tuesday morning.
“Someone from the TTFF should be involved with them and they should be guided by someone like Jack Warner for instance with all his wealth of experience. Instead of any fighting they should be in it together. With the right guidance this whole set up could only be beneficial to both parties and football on a whole in this country,” he added.
“If you don’t work together then you will not get the best out of it. There must be a good working relationship and guidance and I don’t mean someone from the TTFF needing to work for them (FPATT) but they should be able to sit down and hold discussions. The English PFA got guidance from their FA and look where it has taken them,” Davies stressed.
Though aware of the current impasse between some of the World Cup players and the TTFF which has forced them out of the squad for the CONCACAF Gold Cup, Davies pointed out that he didn’t think that the two issues should be linked as the Players Association was not formed with any aims of seeking big pay outs.
He would only add: “They need to solve it and they need to get together around a table and get to the bottom of this quickly. You won’t ever have a solution to a problem between two people, in this case two parties, unless you sit down and reason.”
Currently Davies is working on finding a new club for Sancho who is no longer attached to English team Gillingham . He hinted that the likes of Doncaster Rovers, Swansea City , Port Vale and Luton Town are among the possibilities for the former Finnish-based professional.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2007, 03:30:14 AM »
FPATT was officially formed last week in Trinidad. They met with WIPA the cricketers union and also with the ProLeague, who are supportive. The next step is to issue application forms to players.
However, it does appear that they are not being recognised by TTFF or Concacaf. Not sure what there next move will be.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2007, 05:32:27 AM »
With regards to football in TnT , Mr. Warner has been and will always try to be, everything that is football and I would not for a moment doubt that he will start up his own union with the stipulation that all players in TnT HAVE to join HIS union and no other. especially now that FIFA seems to want players unions.
If this does not happen I would be pleasently surprised.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 02:04:43 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2007, 06:51:40 AM »
FPATT was officially formed last week in Trinidad. They met with WIPA the cricketers union and also with the ProLeague, who are supportive. The next step is to issue application forms to players.
However, it does appear that they are not being recognised by TTFF or Concacaf. Not sure what there next move will be.

Nah kentsoulman, yuh serious?? ???  Ah thought FIFA is welcoming players unions....so how de TTFF could not recognise them.....oh right, never mind....is Jackula we talking bout...ssstteeeuuppss!!!..
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
FPATT targets ethical agents.
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2007, 08:02:45 AM »
FPATT targets ethical agents.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

It is less than two weeks since the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) accepted its first members but the interim committee has already set an early target and it should be good news for the nation’s talented young players.
Past and present Trinidad and Tobago football stars like Russell Latapy, Jerren Nixon, Anthony Rougier, Stern John and Kelvin Jack have claimed hardships brought on by unscrupulous agents.
But, by the time the present national under-17 players turn professional, they should be able to benefit from an “Ethical Agents List” which is FPATT’s first priority for a nation eager to export its best products.
Kevin Harrison, an English Professional Footballers Association (PFA) financial advisor and FPATT advisor, told the Trinidad Express that FPATT planned to visit agents and encourage them to accept certain criteria for handling local talent in exchange for its approval.
“It is very difficult for a player that has no experience outside Trinidad and Tobago to know whether he is being offered a good deal or not,” said Harrison . “So I think it our duty to offer a layer or protection… We would like to sit down with agents and say ‘this is the minimum criteria we would expect’, i.e. that is the maximum we would expect you to charge.
“Agents can choose whether or not they adhere to those guidelines. If they do, then they will be on our ethical agent list.”
He explained that players were still free to select their own agents but warned that FPATT could do little for anyone who goes outside its list for representation.
“Players can choose other agents, of course, but they will be foregoing their representation,” said Harrison , “because if they choose someone off that list we have no power to get involved. If they choose someone on that list and they are not happy, we can then go back to the agent and say ‘look, we can take you off this list because you are not adhering to the guidelines we set’.
“So I think that will be a very important contribution over the next few years and that is one of the first things we want to get in place.”
Sunderland FC striker Stern John was the first player to join FPATT, on May 24, along with fellow UK-based players Marvin Andrews, Dennis Lawrence and Brent Sancho. However, Harrison pointed out that overseas players can only be associate members and will have no voting rights, since they are already attached to unions in their countries of residence.
FPATT plans to go on a recruiting drive within the domestic leagues soon although local players are free to join of their own volition. Interested persons can call 715-8731. Membership is free for the first year.
Harrison, who returned to England last Thursday, said that locally-based players chosen for national duty were also an immediate priority as they are the “most vulnerable” commodities.
“We have got a situation here where the national players are not happy with the relationship they’ve got with the (Trinidad and Tobago Football) Federation,” he said, “and we have got to have that written out crystal clear. We can’t have things being done verbally anymore because the situation is such that you can’t be sure (contracts) will be upheld.”
Harrison held “very profitable” meetings with representatives from the Pro League executive committee and member clubs as well as the West Indies Players Association (WIPA) during his stay.
His courtesy calls on the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) and CONCACAF went unanswered, though.
“CONCACAF is the one that really annoys me,” he said, “because I understand FIFA have stated that they want to have at least 12 professional leagues in Africa and each league should be supported by a footballers union.
“Someone like Mr (Jack) Warner, who is a FIFA vice-president, would have signed up for that. They are players associations already set up across CONCACAF.
“So what I don’t understand is why Mr Warner does not want the same thing for his countrymen.”
FPATT urge T&TFF to climb down.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

Kevin Harrison, adviser to the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) and English Professional Footballers Association (PFA) financial advisor, has urged the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) to put patriotism before pride when dealing with its star players.
Sport Minister Roger Boynes met the "Soca Warriors" and T&TFF representatives in separate meetings Monday aimed at smoothing fraught relations between the parties, which led to 16 World Cup 2006 players being blacklisted from the 2007 Gold Cup squad and another four members declining a summons out of solidarity with their teammates.
Harrison, who visited Trinidad and Tobago last week to help the set up of FPATT, said the Federation should not lose sight of its positive role in local football despite the disagreement with the Warriors over World Cup bonus money.
"The Federation's prime concern has got to be the success of the national team," said Harrison. "If the children see the national team doing well, they are going to want to play football like their heroes. It gives the whole nation a buzz.
"To just not select 16 or 12 players is crazy. It is just self-destructive."
Harrison said FPATT was not created to "cause problems" but felt there was much room for improvement in the way players were treated. He explained that the local union considered the national players to be most vulnerable and planned to soon offer representation to the Warriors.
The days of footballers calling their own press conferences to address perceived slights may soon be over as Harrison envisions FPATT playing a leading role in future negotiations. For now, he wants the country's top players to return to the field as soon as possible.
He urged the T&TFF to do its best to represent the nation properly.
"The Federation must be man enough to stand up and say 'we want the best for our country'," he said. "So all this pride thing and this one-upsmanship, get it out of the way and just make a phone call. Sit around the table and see if you can resolve it."
Trinidad and Tobago play their first 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup match tomorrow when they face El Salvador in California. The national team were losing semi-finalists at the 2000 Gold Cup but failed to get out of their group or win a match in the 2002 and 2005 editions, while they did not qualify for the 2003 tournament.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 09:10:17 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FPATT targets ethical agents.
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2007, 08:32:44 AM »
excellent news for many reasons  :thumbsup:
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2007, 08:41:24 AM »
I would hope that the present players join FRATT. Although I think Jab players Fenwick in manager /agent
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2007, 09:05:09 AM »
I goin and call d number and see what help they want and I go keep all yuh posted
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>