April 19, 2024, 12:59:43 AM

Poll

Which are you more likely to choose to help raise funds for FPATT?

collection box in bar/office
2 (5.3%)
go to bank to make deposit
3 (7.9%)
attend fundraising match/lime
12 (31.6%)
buy FPATT clothing
5 (13.2%)
donation by post
4 (10.5%)
donation by card via iternet
11 (28.9%)
Would not donate
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: July 30, 2007, 04:00:37 PM

Author Topic: FPATT Thread  (Read 132356 times)

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
FPATT Thread
« on: May 07, 2007, 08:21:05 AM »
FPATT- some comments on its aims.

Although this is my first post on this board, I have been reading with interest the views of its contributors. As I have been involved with the development of FPATT in the UK, I would like to take this opportunity to explain the current situation with the union, and offer my personal views, which hopefully, will answer some of the questions asked on this site.

As you may be aware, FPATT was formed in principle several years ago, but because of the costs involved in forming a union, both in money and time, the movement lost momentum. Because of the dispute over alleged non payments and the greater global profile enjoyed by the Soca Warriors, the time is right to  bring football in Trinidad & Tobago in line with the 42 footballing nations that already benefit from a professional footballers union.

It is worth mentioning at this stage that although the main brief of such a union is to protect the rights of members and to provide support and advice, FPATT also intend to demand transparency within football.

The current dispute over World Cup bonuses is a good example of  how a lack of transparency leads to lack of trust. Lets assume (just for a nanosecond) that the TTFF accounts are as stated, and the amount offered to players is exactly as promised. In that case, why doesn’t TTFF release the accounts to FPATT or an independent auditor? Unfortunately, by not sharing information, TTFF look as if they have something to hide. In the future, it is hoped that all contracts will be negotiated through FPATT and therefore individual players will not be singled out and therefore should not be blacklisted.

With regard to the non selection of players, FPATTs recent statement has left TTFF with a dilemma. If they cannot prove there is a FIFA rule preventing the selection of players involved in the court case, Oliver Camps must either admit to taking reprisals against players, or make them available. FPATT is forcing him into making a choice, neither of which is appealing to TTFF.

People on this site have stated that Jack Warner  and the TTFF are bulletproof. However, all that they have stated that they have achieved and all the titles and positions they have attained, will now lead to them giving up their personal power and control over football.

As vice president of FIFA, and a close ally of Sepp Blatter, it will be impossible for Jack Warner not to welcome and assist FPATT. Mr Blatter has stated that FIFA is fully supportive of players unions. How could Jack retain his position in FIFA if he speaks out against his own organisations main goals? Don’t forget, Russia tried to block a players union until Blatter had a quiet word. FIFA also have stated that disputes should be settled inside football not in courts. The damage done by the Bosman case changed the face of football globally. FIFA do not want another Bosman. Guess what? We got one brewing right now in Trinidad. Losing the court case may cost TTFF a few dollars, but non selection as a form of punishment could bring down the whole federation.

Mr Warner cannot afford to stand by without supporting FPATTs democratic rights if he wishes to continue his influential role in FIFA. But then if there are things that he doesn’t wish to be disclosed, how can he openly support transparency? Should be interesting.

I think the best chance of returning order to football in T & T is to support FPATT. They hope to launch a uniform to be worn at the funday. Let this strip become the uniform of the alternative T&T supporter. Let it become a symbol of the future of football in the twin islands.

People have offered to make donations to the FPATT fund, however, purchasing an FPATT shirt would not only help with funds, but would also help spread the FPATT message.

More importantly, sponsors and business partners are desperately needed. If anybody knows of any businesses who would be willing to offer support, please keep your eyes on this board for the address of FPATTs offices which will be announced shortly.

Thank you for reading this. I look forward to your comments. I hope my words are welcomed on your board, as I would like to provide further updates.

I will post on this site details of where and how donations can be made and how the FPATT clothing can be obtained. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 09:15:01 PM by Flex »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: FPATT- some comments on its aims
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 10:55:54 AM »
Just so that it is out there and people know.

How much $ do the players contribute to FPATT themselves?

I'm sure they already do but I don't know exactly which players are with FPATT and how much of their time and $ they put into it.

I could assume the 16 with certain players taking the lead but don't know who else.  Should be all players and I believe Carlos is one of them but haven't seen anything that gives details or confirmation beyond the 16.

Thanks for giving us information...it is vital at this early stage of FPATT's development   :beermug:

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 11:05:34 AM »
THank You very much for the info and patiently await updates ;)
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 12:09:15 PM »
good luck to FPATT!

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 12:38:33 PM »
Where can I buy a jersey? I am in full support of FPATT and hope it leads to bigger opportunities to shape our country's footballing future.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 04:57:11 PM »
Excellent post kentsoulman. Seriously. Contributions like yours tell me there is hope. Very, very good.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 05:15:21 PM »
Thanks Dreamer, there is so much more to come. I wish I could make people understand how difficult it is to push this union forward from the other side of the Atlantic! I know Brent and Kelvin have spent a fortune on overseas calls and travelling to meetings in the UK.

It is also important that FPATT is seen as entirely seperate from the dispute over alleged unpaid bonuses.FPATT needs to work alongside TTFF, CONCACAF and FIFA as well as the professional clubs and league.

A union isn't just a collection of guys with a few ideas. It has to have a constitution, legal advisers, office staff, marketing people etc. Although many of the overseas players are supportive, it has been mainly Brent and Kelvin doing the work so far. However, it is encouraging that most of the overseas players have confirmed their participation at the funday, and one player I know of is bringing a team mate with him to play for the celebrities. Once the seasons in the UK are finished, you will see the movement gain momentum.

FPATT have also recruited a guy in Trinidad who has done some fantastic work already, mainly turning the funday from an idea into an event. FPATT are in need of good people in Trinidad & Tobago to assist in key posts. Anybody who can be of help, particularly in marketing and general office work, please get in touch here or at the FPATT office address which will be posted shortly.

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 05:32:26 AM »
Stalker again  ;D
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 05:46:04 AM »
Your words are welcomed on your board and we would like further updates as well.

We or most of us here are in full support.

Get intouch with Flex, he is de boss and becareful with Jack Warner, he is smarter/trickier than many thinks.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:09:24 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline true warrior

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 06:50:01 PM »
Good work.  This is good news.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 10:51:52 PM »
Thankyou for the update. Please write back soon so the 'revolution' can get rolling. I would like the contribute with my  knowledge to FPATT.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 12:49:04 PM »
I think the best chance of returning order to football in T & T is to support FPATT. They hope to launch a uniform to be worn at the funday. Let this strip become the uniform of the alternative T&T supporter. Let it become a symbol of the future of football in the twin islands.

People have offered to make donations to the FPATT fund, however, purchasing an FPATT shirt would not only help with funds, but would also help spread the FPATT message.

Will this shirt be available outside T&T? I'd like to get a hold of one before the Gold Cup if possible.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 05:29:51 PM »
There was a press announcement sent out today concerning the uniforms. FPATT have signed a deal with an English company, Vandanel to supply uniforms and leisure clothing.

I will try to obtain a graphic of the shirt. They will be for sale direct from Vandanels website  www.vandanel.co.uk  by end of next week, and also from FPATTs website, which is under construction. Not sure of price yet, but a share of the sale price will go to FPATT. FPATT will also be the Caribbean agent for Vandanel, and hope to encourage club and national teams to buy Vandanel kits.

Shirts will carry the FPATT logo and the Trinidad & Tobago flag on one sleeve.   

I have heard talk that the shirts worn in the funday may be available for sponsorship. Idea is that people bid for a players shirt, which will be posted out after the match. 

There is also talk of an FPATT anthem being released as a download.

Will update you all when I hear more whispers.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007, 05:59:25 PM »
KentSoulMan,
after all these years it is GREAT to hear of ALL you are talking about from the View of the Players. Unfortunately the history of TTFF has never taken this view as I believe that some past players did not receive the proper treatment that they deserved. Thanks to ALL who contributed their hard work to bring this to reality.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 06:01:00 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 06:13:13 PM »
West Coast, its been a long time coming, but the balance of power in football has changed over the last few years. Massive TV deals have given players unions the revenue to begin to influence the organisations. But don't forget that the English PFA is a 100 years old, yet they have only had real power in the last 20 years.

FPATT will be a more modern union, but don't expect them to change football in T&T overnight. It will be a long struggle, but hopefully, the people will get behind its aims.

The difference is, that now, FIFA have stated that they WANT players unions and that they want dispute chambers in place worldwide by 2010, and they should include players representatives.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 06:21:07 PM »
So these shirts have already been printed and an FPATT logo has already been chosen?   :'(
(or are they limited editions  :idea:)

FPATT moving faster than a speeding train...watch out   ;D

Real good to see they are securing partnerships to ensure a revenue stream.

Question about who would be part of FPATT.  Would it only be current players or would past players also be covered?  Just wondering what categories of players would be represented...youth players...players in pro leagues only...college players...retired players.

I for one would like to see all the Strike Squad players plus those from before involved "eventually" but I see some of them are already supporting in their own way playing in the Fun Day.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 06:25:57 PM by dcs »

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2007, 06:25:40 PM »
Shirts are in production as we speak.  Will try to post the logo if I can get a copy.

FPATT been real busy planning this launch, but you guys need to remmember that none of the guys have done this kind of thing before, so mistakes may happen.

But then, they don't have the financial backing yet to employ professionals. Many people working their butts off free of charge.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2007, 06:47:53 PM »
Kentsoulman,

Good stuff, and I like the drive and efforts being put into place. But I have some concerns that I want you to address. I am not trying to be negative but I just want some more info and clarification of your group and what is going on so I can understand better the aims which you are attempting to achieve or the desired end result.

You mentioned shirts and garments. That is great and I want one to add to my collection. I will support Fpatt and the players  and this is a good thing.

But this is confusing me and I want you to clear this up for my benefit

Now when you say an alternative shirt for the alternative T&T supporter what do you mean.

To me this  move may cause division amongst the team and supporters and I find this somewhat worrying.

Last time I checked we all supported Trinidad and Tobago....we did not support half the team, those who with FPATT or those with the TTFF by choice or design. We supported whatever XI took to the field wearing our national colours.

So while I may have a low expectation of certain players and I may predict a loss or unfavourable result. I will still go and pay my money and watch them in the stadium because they are representing me and my country and I will give them my support all the way.

Now, I understand this is a way and means to earn revenue. But the statement you typed which I quoted, to me seems that you are trying to make a supporter choose between two entities....I dont think we should be made to do so.

All I ask is that the best players represent our nation in a fair unbiased manner based on merit and that they are rewarded for their efforts.

Now I am also confused about this other thing...FPATT as a players group...are you trying to work alongside the TTFF to make sure our players are not taken advantage of...or are you trying to take hold of the reigns of power in TT football?

It is worth mentioning at this stage that although the main brief of such a union is to protect the rights of members and to provide support and advice, FPATT also intend to demand transparency within football.

Given the above quote..the aim of this union is to make sure your members are not being taken advantage of and that the TTFF gets it act together and cleans up its house...is this a correct assessment?

I just want some more information before I go out and support a cause.

Thanks in advance.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 07:29:59 PM »
Touches, I can't speak for FPATT directly, only covey my understanding of their aims and my views connected with them.

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't mean that supporters should choose between  FPATT and the Warriors. The national team will (undoubtedly all be members of FPATT) But by supporting the Warriors, yet wearing the FPATT shirt, you will be sending a message to TTFF. That you are a proud supporter of Trinidad & Tobago (the flag will be on the sleeve) but are against the dictatorship of TTFF and its bullying of players to the detriment of the nations football success.

All players will always be Warriors first, FPATT second, as should the supporters. It appears the federation would rather be TTFF first, Trinis second.

This action should not cause any division between players, but may make some aware how the supporters feel about not supporting the blacklisted players. If the players become more united, it will make ALL of them stronger.

Personally, I would not condone or encourage any action that causes further unrest between players.

I think FPATT want to challenge TTFFs deathgrip over football, but I don't think they wish to take over. I don't think that would be good for football. However, I would love to see FPATT represented in TTFF, and hope that they try to force this.

Your last comment was accurate. I think FPATT want to ensure that all players are represented, and I hope they ensure that the U17s have got fair and proper contracts.

I look forward to FPATT releasing their official statements, as this may prevent confusion caused by people like me mis quoting them!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 07:40:50 PM »
Thank You kentsoulman

appreciated

Cheers  :beermug:

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 07:52:08 PM »
sign meh up one time
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline true warrior

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2007, 06:24:19 PM »
kentsoulman, what's the latest with FPATT?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2007, 12:48:06 AM »
thanx true warrior for bringing up this post again

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2007, 02:13:38 AM »
As far as I know, the players for the funday are starting to fly out next week.

Work has started on an FPATT website which sounds like its gonna be as good as this site.

Uniform is being manufactured and you should get a look at it on this site within next few days.

A warriors anthem has been selected and negotiations are underway to make it available for purchase via downloads.

Tv and press interviews have been organised from around 20th May to early June.

Meetings are being organised with all 12 clubs, and the PSL. The president of Concacaf has been invited to attend a forum with other interested parties (hopefully a govt representative and representative from FIFPro-the world association of players unions) as well as an English PFA rep,so-called FPATT special adviser Kevin Harrison  and players from FPATT.

Funding from FIFPro should be confirmed at their committee meeting in June.

Negotiations taking place with Business partners and sponsors.

Expect lots of activity and announcements in the press in the run up to the funday. I understand that 15,000 tickets have been made available and they are selling well.

Hope that helps!

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2007, 02:48:11 AM »
Stalker's back ;D

Hey KSM,
Please keep us updated I should be back in the US next month and will really like to know what I can do to assist the FPATT.
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2007, 05:18:39 AM »
As far as I know, the players for the funday are starting to fly out next week.

Work has started on an FPATT website which sounds like its gonna be as good as this site.

Uniform is being manufactured and you should get a look at it on this site within next few days.

A warriors anthem has been selected and negotiations are underway to make it available for purchase via downloads.

Tv and press interviews have been organised from around 20th May to early June.

Meetings are being organised with all 12 clubs, and the PSL. The president of Concacaf has been invited to attend a forum with other interested parties (hopefully a govt representative and representative from FIFPro-the world association of players unions) as well as an English PFA rep,so-called FPATT special adviser Kevin Harrison  and players from FPATT.

Funding from FIFPro should be confirmed at their committee meeting in June.

Negotiations taking place with Business partners and sponsors.

Expect lots of activity and announcements in the press in the run up to the funday. I understand that 15,000 tickets have been made available and they are selling well.
Hope that helps!

Where could I tickets or from who??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2007, 06:07:43 AM »
 Dis going to die the same way de other one with Mr Hislop as advisor went.

Unions does only work when yuh have a majority on board.
This is just another attempt by some of the players minders to get rid of Jack.

See where this thing is by the time the qualifiers start an tell mih if ah lie.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2007, 06:25:21 AM »

yuh disagreable eh fishes?  :'( Whey yuh been all this time btw?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2007, 06:29:40 AM »

yuh disagreable eh fishes?  :'( Whey yuh been all this time btw?

I all for the union but it should not have been formed this way ... with some of the players for and some against.
It easy enough for TTff to ostracise the dissenting players as happening now and move on.
My big problem with it is also that is basically ah "foreign" thing with the home based players sort of isolated from the issues... anyhow.

Was home making merry .... will do a Morvant like post shortly.
Ah want de woman on de bass

1]; } ?>