April 24, 2024, 06:25:56 PM

Poll

Which are you more likely to choose to help raise funds for FPATT?

collection box in bar/office
2 (5.3%)
go to bank to make deposit
3 (7.9%)
attend fundraising match/lime
12 (31.6%)
buy FPATT clothing
5 (13.2%)
donation by post
4 (10.5%)
donation by card via iternet
11 (28.9%)
Would not donate
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: July 30, 2007, 04:00:37 PM

Author Topic: FPATT Thread  (Read 132535 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Latapy boots for FPATT auction.
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2007, 06:32:08 AM »
Warriors boots on auction.
T&T Newsday Reports.
[/size]

The pair of football boots worn by Russell Latapy in the World Cup warm-up match against Peru early last year, his last match on home soil in Trinidad and Tobago colours, will go on the auctioner’s block.
The collectors’ item will be on display at the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) “Football Funday” fund-raising event next Sunday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.
Also on auction display will be the boots worn by Carlos Edwards, with which he scored the spectacular winning goal to assured Sunderland promotion to the English Premiership next season.
Boots worn by Stern John and Dwight Yorke will also be on display.
Also all ten T&T Pro League clubs will receive 50 complimentry tickets each for the “Football Funday” event. With the 2007 Pro League season now kicking into high gear, the players will have the opportunity to join the thousands expected to attend the family event, for an exciting evening of football and fun.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 06:34:29 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: FPATT- some comments on its aims
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2007, 07:22:21 AM »
I all for the union but it should not have been formed this way ... with some of the players for and some against.
It easy enough for TTff to ostracise the dissenting players as happening now and move on.
My big problem with it is also that is basically ah "foreign" thing with the home based players sort of isolated from the issues... anyhow.
Was home making merry  .... will do a Morvant like post shortly.
Fishs, I ent know how you figure that this is ONLY for the forren players......
anyway, could you read the following post

West Coast, its been a long time coming, but the balance of power in football has changed over the last few years. Massive TV deals have given players unions the revenue to begin to influence the organisations. But don't forget that the English PFA is a 100 years old, yet they have only had real power in the last 20 years.

FPATT will be a more modern union, but don't expect them to change football in T&T overnight. It will be a long struggle, but hopefully, the people will get behind its aims.

The difference is, that now, FIFA have stated that they WANT players unions and that they want dispute chambers in place worldwide by 2010, and they should include players representatives.
and I know for a FACT that if ya pardner Gally was a member of a union like this he would never have been treated like he was, you agree man?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 07:34:46 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2007, 01:08:29 PM »
Dis going to die the same way de other one with Mr Hislop as advisor went.

Unions does only work when yuh have a majority on board.
This is just another attempt by some of the players minders to get rid of Jack.

See where this thing is by the time the qualifiers start an tell mih if ah lie.

Fishes, disspointed with the negative vibe.

tell me mate, if you don't start a union, how the hell can you get a majority on board? You can't ask people to join something that ain't there! Lets see how many non-"foreigners" join up before we decide its a failure.

Home based boys haven't experienced the benefits of a union-thats why the oversea players are  behind it. Also, the overseas boys have discovered that the all powerful Mr Warner is completely unknown in Europe, except for the boss men in UEFA. he's a nobody to supporters and players in Europe. The home based boys live in his shadow and are controlled by fear.

I'm also interested to find out who the players "minders" are that are pulling the strings. Can you please enlighten us, fishes.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy boots for FPATT auction.
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2007, 02:39:48 PM »
Good story Flex. It shows that the players are coming together for a cause and making a contribution with their valuable personal items. Everybody seems to be chippin' in. There is hope. I hope FPATT really gets off the ground well and succeeds.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2007, 05:22:33 PM »
Wim totally in support of FPATT. He says it is essential and that he belongs to the FPATT equivalent in Holland and also belongs to a coaching union too

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2007, 06:29:02 PM »
Dreamer,where did you see that? really useful if FPATT could get that statement.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2007, 06:45:54 PM »
KSM, not see..heard it tonight. Wim Rijsbergen said it blatantly on Andre-the fearless one's show on I95.5 tonight. Ah not lying dread.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2007, 07:39:12 PM »
Dreamer,where did you see that? really useful if FPATT could get that statement.
KentSoulMan, check the thread about here
I believe that he said that when he was on the Dutch Team in the World Cup the union had to negotiate contracts before hand about sponsorship, If I remember correctly...somebody with a better memory help me out.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 08:04:27 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2007, 11:09:02 PM »
I all for the union but it should not have been formed this way ... with some of the players for and some against.
It easy enough for TTff to ostracise the dissenting players as happening now and move on.
My big problem with it is also that is basically ah "foreign" thing with the home based players sort of isolated from the issues... anyhow.
Was home making merry  .... will do a Morvant like post shortly.
Fishs, I ent know how you figure that this is ONLY for the forren players......
anyway, could you read the following post

West Coast, its been a long time coming, but the balance of power in football has changed over the last few years. Massive TV deals have given players unions the revenue to begin to influence the organisations. But don't forget that the English PFA is a 100 years old, yet they have only had real power in the last 20 years.

FPATT will be a more modern union, but don't expect them to change football in T&T overnight. It will be a long struggle, but hopefully, the people will get behind its aims.

The difference is, that now, FIFA have stated that they WANT players unions and that they want dispute chambers in place worldwide by 2010, and they should include players representatives.
and I know for a FACT that if ya pardner Gally was a member of a union like this he would never have been treated like he was, you agree man?

I am all for unions and associations , however they can't succeed if there is any disunity ( i guess that is why they are called unions). If all the pro ballers inTT and beyond had taken a stand not to play for TT until the money issue of the WC was settled, then TTFF would have it hard to get away with brush in the issue off.
Jack on TV with Spalk talking about how ungratefull the players are and that Birchall on strike etc. He could only do that because he in a position of strenght.
Anyhow maybe I should restate my position ..... although I have misgivings about the success of this latest venture by some players , I hope that for the overall benefit of the sport and our blessed crime ridden nation that it succeeds.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2007, 11:19:19 PM »
Dem boots is not de same boots dat was in de display ting it had in de library....when de man wanted to charge oconnor for taking pictures?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2007, 05:53:11 AM »
Thanks Fishs, sorry I mis understod you.

Having lived through the coal miners strike in UK in 70's, I saw Maggie Thatchers tactics of divide and conquer. They bussed in miners from other areas who were too frightened to strike. Now, there are no coal miners. The whole industry was closed down by Thatcher. Now, I don't believe in militant unions holding the country to ransom, but I do believe there is a time to stand united. The "scabs" who broke the miners picket lines are just as redundant as the strikers. The difference is, that they had to move to other areas because the whole community turned against the "scabs".

Certain players must be careful, because supporters will remember those who didn't support their team mates. Jack Warner is using Thatcher tactics. This is a turning point in the history of Trinidad and Tobago football. Change will come, and players need to decide if they want to be part of the future, or be remmembered as the guys who sold out?

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2007, 01:33:32 PM »
Warriors boots on auction.
T&T Newsday Reports.
[/size]

The pair of football boots worn by Russell Latapy in the World Cup warm-up match against Peru early last year, his last match on home soil in Trinidad and Tobago colours, will go on the auctioner’s block.
The collectors’ item will be on display at the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) “Football Funday” fund-raising event next Sunday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.
Also on auction display will be the boots worn by Carlos Edwards, with which he scored the spectacular winning goal to assured Sunderland promotion to the English Premiership next season.
Boots worn by Stern John and Dwight Yorke will also be on display.
Also all ten T&T Pro League clubs will receive 50 complimentry tickets each for the “Football Funday” event. With the 2007 Pro League season now kicking into high gear, the players will have the opportunity to join the thousands expected to attend the family event, for an exciting evening of football and fun.

If they did this online (via Ebay or some other similar medium) the foreign based could bid on them too.  I sure wouldn't mind getting Latapy's boots as a Collector's item/

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2007, 01:28:23 AM »

Who know what size boots Latapy wears?

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2007, 01:55:16 AM »
wah yuh plan on putting dem orn. Dey ehy go make yuh play any better.  :rotfl:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2007, 06:40:40 AM »
Its a red Puma boot with he signature on it.

Is a small boot around 6-8.

If is not that on display...dey LIE and dey chaining up the public.

I see d boot with meh two eye in the Socawarriors exhibit in the Library.

Yorke own was a old school /new school adidas black with a kinda ben on the side by the heel, like he have a bandy and Stern own was a Adidas.

If I reach the game I go verify if the things on display legit.

Also if any of alyuh could find the thread with the Socawarriors exhibit I think Oconnorg and myself describe the boots there too.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 06:43:00 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2007, 08:10:17 AM »
Also if any of alyuh could find the thread with the Socawarriors exhibit I think Oconnorg and myself describe the boots there too.
Look de thread: Soca Warriors Exhibition at the National Library
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2007, 05:51:59 PM »
somebody lend meh ah 10grand
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2007, 05:55:45 PM »
I thinking bout buying latas boots for Palos ! I want him to remember WC 2006 .. :devil:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FPATT Kit
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2007, 08:55:50 PM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: FPATT Kit
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2007, 09:03:23 PM »
Nice! hard to make out the logo though.

Now if there was a way to get them in the states...

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2007, 10:26:10 PM »
lookin alrightish in 2-D.....ah go get one because ah support d cause...FPATT do yuh damn thing...!...ah go take ah smedium...

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2007, 01:51:02 AM »
The top kit is the FPATT training kit.

Red and white is the official FPATT uniform.

Celebrities playing in all white.

Training kit and FPATT shirt will be available for £29.99. There will be a short sleeve version at £32.99 (unbelievably, it costs more because the sleeves have to be cut down!) Replica shirts in UK usually retail at £39.99.

There will be a link shortly to a special Vandanel page where shirts can be purchased direct, but shipping costs to T&T are expected to cost around £7. All FPATT items will be available locally once deals can be arranged with sports shops. It is also hoped that all league clubs in T&T will hold stock.

Obviously, this is just a visual and the logo will be more defined on the actual kits.

It was priority of the players that the Trinidad & Tobago flag was on the shirts. 

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
British players speak out in support of FPATT.
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2007, 02:00:36 AM »
British players speak out in support of FPATT.

Welsh International goalkeeper, Glyn Garner has stated his disbelief concerning an alleged blacklist of Trindad & Tobagos  World Cup stars.
“ I can’t understand why a  national federation would prevent  its national manager from selecting some of the country’s top players” said Garner, who played for Wales in a pre World Cup warm up match against the Soca Warriors in Austria last June .
Garners comments followed a series of statements made by Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation officials and the national team manager Wim Rijsbergen,  which  stated that  the members of the world cup squad that are considering taking legal action against the federation, are not available for selection. The federation president, Oliver Scamps, had previously stated that  "Anybody who takes their Federation to court is in violation of FIFA rules. Once that threat is in the making we cannot deal with them,"

“It’s incredible” said Garner “How can this happen? The players have done nothing wrong, or threatened to strike. Even though they are in dispute over alleged unpaid bonuses, they  still want to play for their country. Why can’t the federation sort this out without weakening the teams chances of success. I can’t imagine anything like this happening in Wales . Even if there was a dispute, the PFA would negotiate with the Welsh  F.A. and the players would carry on representing their country.”

The Leyton Orient keeper continued “It’s obviously essential that they get their players union established ASAP.  This must be very frustrating for players and supporters.  Playing for your country is  every players ultimate aim, but that does not mean that the authorities should use it as a weapon  against anyone who questions them. If a player doesn’t adhere to his contract, he will be called to tribunal and, if guilty, can be punished, so surely the same applies to federations?  I think someone like CONCACAF or FIFA should get this matter resolved before too much damage is done to the national team.”
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 10:07:12 PM by Flex »

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: British players speak out in support of FPATT
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2007, 02:08:37 AM »
FPATT PRESS RELEASE

Leyton Orient left back Matt Lockwood, has backed the formation of a players union in Trinidad & Tobago.  Lockwood, who is Orients all time record penalty scorer, has been selected for the P.F.A.s’  team of the year for the 4th time . He scored 11 times for the O’s this season and was the London clubs second highest scorer.

“Having benefited throughout my career from the support offered by the P.F.A. in England, I believe FPATT (Football Players Association of  Trinidad & Tobago) can  assist Trinidad & Tobago in building on the fantastic accomplishment of World Cup qualification in 2006” said Lockwood.

FPATT intend to provide as many of the benefits offered by the English P.F.A. as possible, including education programmes, football in the community initiatives and financial services.

Lockwood, who will be celebrating his 10th season with Leyton Orient this year hopes to net a big name Premiership club for his testimonial. “It would be great for the fans if we can arrange a match with the top premiership guys on show” said Lockwood. He added “I’ve been very lucky in my career, but it gives you confidence to know that the P.F.A. are only a phone call away if you need them. I see a lot of the good work that they do. Orients football in the community scheme is one of the best in the country, and that is an initiative the P.F.A. can be proud of.”

Lockwood continued “I believe that  professional players of all nations should have access to a footballers union, and urge the professional  footballers of Trinidad & Tobago to get behind  FPATT. The union will only be as strong as its membership, and players need to speak with one voice. When you look at the unprecedented amounts  of money being put into football these days, players need a dedicated  body to negotiate on their behalf and ensure all players interests are protected.”
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 02:52:29 AM by Flex »

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2007, 03:49:24 AM »
The Stalker

Good job. everyone needs to speak out about this in justice
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2007, 07:00:50 AM »
It's so sad to see that it seems like everyone besides those clowns at TTFF, could find a solution to this apparent problem. Like they dotish or something? They really say knowledge and intelligence does not bring common scene.   

The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2007, 08:49:21 AM »

Lockwood continued “I believe that  professional players of all nations should have access to a footballers union, and urge the professional  footballers of Trinidad & Tobago to get behind  FPATT. The union will only be as strong as its membership, and players need to speak with one voice. When you look at the unprecedented amounts  of money being put into football these days, players need a dedicated  body to negotiate on their behalf and ensure all players interests are protected.”

When dat happen den things would change but for now.....
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2007, 05:34:27 PM »
FPATT PRESS RELEASE

Neil Harris, Millwalls all time record goal scorer has spoke out in support of the formation of a players union in Trinidad and Tobago.  “These days, it is immensely important as a player to know you have the security of an organisation that you can trust to look after your best interests” said Harris. “there are so many people willing to offer you advice, but you can’t always be sure if the advice offered is better for you, or better for them. Clubs, managers, physios, agents and even the F.A. have their own interests to consider first, whereas the P.F.A.s’ main interest is to support you as a player.”

Harris enjoyed an illustrious first season with Millwall, winning the  Golden Boot in 2000/2001 as the top English goal scorer. After spells with Cardiff (loan), Nottingham Forest and Gillingham (loan), Neil has finally returned to his spiritual home. “Millwall is where I feel at home, and I fully expect us to be challenging for an automatic promotion spot next season” said Harris, who scored his 94th  league goal for Millwall against Rotherham in January, to steal Teddy Sheringhams title of  all time league goal scorer.

“It was a proud moment” said Neil “But one that I didn’t think I would achieve back in 2001” Harris was out of football for nearly a year when he was diagnosed with cancer. “That’s when  you realise that  you have to be grateful for what you have and not take things for granted. A few months before, I was a goalscoring  hero, the next, just another patient in hospital. At these times, the support of family and friends is essential. But it is also when you realise that the PFA is there for you. Aside from fighting illness, you worry about your career, and although the supporters and staff at Millwall were tremendous, you know that you‘re only as good as your last game. The guys at the PFA gave me support and advice, and it was comforting to know that  there was financial security in place via their insurances and  pensions if I needed it.”

“For the players in Trinidad & Tobago to have the support of a players union is invaluable. You take it for granted most of the time, but if you are unlucky enough to go through  a difficult phase in your career, its good to know you  have someone on your side” said Harris, who played alongside Soca Warriors Brent Sancho and Ian Cox at Gillingham. “The PFA have contacted me several times to offer advice to players suffering similar traumas to me, and I’ve been delighted to offer some comfort to those guys.”   

About the formation of the Football Players Association of Trinidad & Tobago, Neil said “I saw how proud  Sanch and Coxy were about representing Trinidad & Tobago in the world cup and was a little bit envious”. Harris  continued “it’s a vast achievement,  and it’s a shame that  players are not being selected because they are in dispute with their federation over bonuses. It’s something that wouldn’t happen here in England, as the P.F.A. would be the middle man between players and clubs or  the F.A.  This is why its essential for FPATT to speak on behalf of all of Trinidad & Tobago’s players. “

Looking forward, Neil’s next target is Sheringhams 111 goal all competition total. “it’s a target I’ve always aimed for” said Harris.  “My total stands at 104 goals, so I really feel its finally within my reach”

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2007, 06:40:52 PM »
Borse work KSM. Yuh is a giant.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2007, 06:19:20 PM »
Any more good news on FPATT. Is definitely one of those coming-of-age developments in slow-to-smell-de- corfee T&T. Ah cyah wait fuh de footballers to realize dat they are professionals just like in any other profession and not indentured labourers or slaves on a fleckin' plantation takin' whip  :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

Dem days done. Now is internet, personal website, business card, computer literacy, media savvy, shirt, tie and suit, public speaking, image marketing, personal attorney, international travel every week jess so voooshhhh!...dat separating de sheep from de goat and determining who make de fast move and geh de contract by being ahead of de game. Got to be aggressive and on yuh laptop computer with wireless planning yuh career move, checking yuh email every hoiur even while yuh in de airport waiting fuh connecting flight. Yuh have to be connected 24/7 with de latest multimedia ready to even be yuh own agent and not dependent like coonoomoonoo on Mike Berry and dem smartmen. Learn de ropes dread.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 08:13:11 PM by dreamer »

1]; } ?>