April 27, 2024, 03:58:39 AM

Poll

Which are you more likely to choose to help raise funds for FPATT?

collection box in bar/office
2 (5.3%)
go to bank to make deposit
3 (7.9%)
attend fundraising match/lime
12 (31.6%)
buy FPATT clothing
5 (13.2%)
donation by post
4 (10.5%)
donation by card via iternet
11 (28.9%)
Would not donate
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: July 30, 2007, 04:00:37 PM

Author Topic: FPATT Thread  (Read 132637 times)

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner Doubts Meeting with FPATT
« Reply #270 on: August 12, 2007, 07:25:55 PM »
I found is spectacularly funny that he said he has to confer with the TTFF on the legitimacy of meeting with FPATT...he may have well go in a backroom and chat with himself for a couple minutes then come back.
I not even giving him that much credit

the man is a bully

Bakes you might enjoy this article about omnipotency.

Thanks for that read WC. :beermug:
JW thrives on apathy, it is up to us all to change that. Education is the antidote to corrupt leadership whether it is in Africa, in football or in our daily lives.

Quote from the conclusion.
 "I am of the opinion that the rudderless and irresponsible leadership plaguing Africa today can only be checked by a well informed, educated, enlightened and courageous followership that can never be hoodwinked, bribed, intimidated, mesmerised or coerced into mortgaging their welfare and future, or abandoning its concerns and fortunes in the hands of a few, elitist, unscrupulous charlatans, in the corridors of power, who would corner the common weal, and preside over it as a consortium of thieves would; a huge distribution agency to boot. And the only structure ontologically endowed to effect this kind of multi-dimensional awakening in all the strata of human society is Education”6."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner Doubts Meeting with FPATT
« Reply #271 on: August 13, 2007, 10:03:35 AM »
Let them meet on d steps of the Hall of Justice
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fundraising for FPATT
« Reply #272 on: September 27, 2007, 04:25:51 AM »
Any FPATT plans to do some fundraising and sign up more players during the Tribute to Shaka on November 30th and Dec 2nd? This sounds like a tailor-made opportunity to launch a major drive for players and raise some funds. Our high profile players need to take the lead.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 05:19:05 AM by takenoprisoners »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 27, 2007, 05:23:52 AM »
I would say that any tribute to Shaka will include his work with FPATT. It shows his commitment to football in T&T. Shaka has also done great work in the past with anti racism in football. So, yes, Shaka will ensure these events are used to promote FPATT.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 27, 2007, 12:34:55 PM »
Ah have to say FPATT...fuh all the gum bumpin  :yapping: that does go on here,  I am a bit sadened and embarrased by all those who post here on a dialy basis and did not take the time to vote when it counts.. it is real :bs:

Some of allyuh regular posters let we dong :-[
       I've said certain things when this organization was formed and it was based on my past experiences with organizations like this,i appreciate the hard work you guys are doing but certain things strikes me as to the main purpose of PFATT.I said if PFATT don't have personnel based locally in T&T they going to have problems,i don't think the locals feel like they have anything to benefit,what else besides the money issue the WC players have with the TTFF on the agenda,all our national teams Men/Women have various problems,i've never heard how much our women get paid for a game,what kind of money do Pro players in the country get etc etc people going to be part of something that benefits all not just some,i might be wrong but i thought PFATT was representing all Footballers in the country,a few people/players contributing will not do much because there are a lot more issues to be taken cared off.
       Yapping is a Trini thing we like to yap and this goes on with all of us,the last situation when players was suspended Kelvin Jack was the spokesman nobody supported him and things just died a natural death,we can't blame people nobody putting their money in Football,they not even paying to go and see Football,i know who we blame for all of this but isn't it why PFATT was formed? i guess to right all the wrongs in our Football.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 27, 2007, 01:54:21 PM »
Ah have to say FPATT...fuh all the gum bumpin  :yapping: that does go on here,  I am a bit sadened and embarrased by all those who post here on a dialy basis and did not take the time to vote when it counts.. it is real :bs:

I've said certain things when this organization was formed and it was based on my past experiences with organizations like this,i appreciate the hard work you guys are doing but certain things strikes me as to the main purpose of PFATT.I said if PFATT don't have personnel based locally in T&T they going to have problems,i don't think the locals feel like they have anything to benefit,what else besides the money issue the WC players have with the TTFF on the agenda,all our national teams Men/Women have various problems,i've never heard how much our women get paid for a game,what kind of money do Pro players in the country get etc etc people going to be part of something that benefits all not just some,i might be wrong but i thought PFATT was representing all Footballers in the country,a few people/players contributing will not do much because there are a lot more issues to be taken cared off.
       Yapping is a Trini thing we like to yap and this goes on with all of us,the last situation when players was suspended Kelvin Jack was the spokesman nobody supported him and things just died a natural death,we can't blame people nobody putting their money in Football,they not even paying to go and see Football,i know who we blame for all of this but isn't it why PFATT was formed? i guess to right all the wrongs in our Football.

FPATT...not PFATT

FPATT is working on establishing a local presence as we speak, which, from what FPATT (the SW member) says includes attracting personnel to be a presence for the Assoc. within in TnT.

Secondly...FPATT isn't representing the WC players, so the organization isn't about "money for a few"...they actually aim to represent local-based professional players..which is to say the players in the Pro League.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 11:42:43 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 27, 2007, 04:08:20 PM »
Trinis does only spend money according to Iwer fete after fete. Nuff man here eh even pay dey 25US and join d WN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 27, 2007, 04:28:32 PM »

Coops, I'm interested in what makes you think FPATT is not interested in the local based players. Maybe our message isn't getting across clearly enough?
As I have stated so many times, the court case has nothing to do with FPATT, other than it was the catalyst that finally brought about the formation of FPATT.

If the foreign based players didn't have the passion and foresight to form FPATT, the local players would never have formed a strong players union.

To be fair, supporters all around the world don't really give a toss about the politics of football, or even about the corruption prevelant throughout the game globally. As long as supporters get to see their teams, they don't really care. But some of us do. Some of us want to rid football  of the shackles that hold back its development. Then, perhaps, local players will get a fairer deal. For instance, those guys you were all applauding for taking the opportunity of filling the places in the gold cup squad vacated by the blacklisted players, were paid 75% less in match fees than the blacklisted players. And they had to wait weeks for their pay, after intervention by FPATT, and then only got their money once they had returned their kitbags.

That was their reward for playing for TTFF instead of supporting their colleagues. I can understand why they played, but local players have to start to see the big picture. For 34 years players have not been treated with the respect that should go with wearing the red white and black. The eleven guys that take the field for Trinidad & Tobago are the footballing cream selected from the nation. They should not suffer inferior hotels, poor food, non payment of fees, as has happened in the past. 34 years of disrespect. And until they get behind their union, it will be allowed to continue.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 27, 2007, 06:43:47 PM »

Coops, I'm interested in what makes you think FPATT is not interested in the local based players. Maybe our message isn't getting across clearly enough?
As I have stated so many times, the court case has nothing to do with FPATT, other than it was the catalyst that finally brought about the formation of FPATT.

If the foreign based players didn't have the passion and foresight to form FPATT, the local players would never have formed a strong players union.

To be fair, supporters all around the world don't really give a toss about the politics of football, or even about the corruption prevelant throughout the game globally. As long as supporters get to see their teams, they don't really care. But some of us do. Some of us want to rid football  of the shackles that hold back its development. Then, perhaps, local players will get a fairer deal. For instance, those guys you were all applauding for taking the opportunity of filling the places in the gold cup squad vacated by the blacklisted players, were paid 75% less in match fees than the blacklisted players. And they had to wait weeks for their pay, after intervention by FPATT, and then only got their money once they had returned their kitbags.

That was their reward for playing for TTFF instead of supporting their colleagues. I can understand why they played, but local players have to start to see the big picture. For 34 years players have not been treated with the respect that should go with wearing the red white and black. The eleven guys that take the field for Trinidad & Tobago are the footballing cream selected from the nation. They should not suffer inferior hotels, poor food, non payment of fees, as has happened in the past. 34 years of disrespect. And until they get behind their union, it will be allowed to continue.
        I'm not saying FPATT does not care about the locals all i said was the emphasis right now seems to be just on those players getting their money because i'm not hearing about any thing else going on,thanks for clearing the air as to the aims and objectives of the organization.You can't blame the locals because these guys don't have the same bargaining powers as the foreign based,they are not treated the same,they are being used when better can't be done,most people think they are not good enough,my hope is that through your organization all players will be treated the same because it's affecting T&T Football.Life really funny,remember when Nakhid stood up to Wim and JW concerning all those things you mentioned above and it was for the team he almost got killed,got rid off,some even thought he should be banned from the country,any how as a veteran of our Football i'll support anything that will better our game,it's good that you all took the initive to start this i hope it's the answer.
       Aye Bakes thanks Breds i got it now FPATT.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 27, 2007, 07:36:19 PM »
Thanks Coops.

Obviously, the blacklisted players and the court case has been the big news with the media. FPATTS triumphs are tiny compared to those guys struggle.

We have been lobbying hard to raise funds, but its not easy. Even setting up an office requires expense. Computers, printers, fax, telephone, desks, chairs, filing cabinets, shelving.....the list is endless. We are actively seeking sponsors and donations of those items, but its unlikely that we can just pick up a phone and a business says yes. It all takes time.

So, progress is slow, but we are all encouraged by little victories at this stage.

We have had around a dozen forumites contact us to assist in various ways, and we are really grateful for their offers.

We officially launched in May, so its still early days, but at least many people know are name (although, Coops, most of them spell it correctly!!)

I appreciate your concerns and questions, and it is better for people like yourself to voice your opinions than stay quiet and misinterpret our aims. One of our main aims is to be as open and transparent as possible, so I will continue to release information as quickly as possible.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FPATT at crawling stage to sign Pro League players as members.
« Reply #280 on: October 01, 2007, 03:52:02 PM »
FPATT at crawling stage to sign Pro League players as members.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

The Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) have been hoping to secure as many Pro League players possible as members but it is proving a tough task. FPATT President and former Trinidad and Tobago international, Shaka Hislop explained that signings haven’t been obtained because of the fact that the Players Association business is still green in the local game.
He said, “We are currently targeting all of the Pro League clubs and players. Our membership numbers probably aren't as high as we would like right now, but maybe that is understandable. This is all very new to the local players and they are waiting to see exactly what we can offer them. In saying that, nearly all of the T&T players currently playing abroad have signed up, as they fully understand and appreciate the need and function of a players’ association. It'll give the players a unified voice and the opportunity to directly affect their own profession.”
“As keenly as we follow local football, we have to get our offerings in place for the general membership. Every now and then we are prompted into action whenever we've been asked, some of those instances have been widely publicized and yet others remained behind closed doors, which is how we'd prefer to conduct our business,” said Hislop.
Hislop also gave some more insight into FPATT over the recent addition of former T&T captain Dwight Yorke as well as other overseas-based players to the association which he adds will be going at length to establish a steady working relationship with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation.
“Dwight's decision to join FPATT is purely because he feels that even his voice will be better heard in local football by being a part of the organization. Dwight has never been a part of the court action initiated by 16 of his teammates and still doesn't intend to be. As much as people are trying to draw parallels between the two groups, which is understandable, FPATT is only concerned with the broader general membership. The court case has been initiated independently of FPATT and funded independently by FPATT and Dwights understands this,” Hislop stated.
“We certainly hope to meet with the TTFF sooner rather than later. As always we welcome dialogue with the TTFF to address the greater need and concerns of the local game.”
The ex-West Ham standout didn’t hold back on FPATT’s rate of progress though although he joked about not being quite clear on the status of their name with it already being used by the Family Planning Association of Trinidad and Tobago.
He admitted, “At FPATT we're still trying to get our house in order. In that I mean we have to finalise our offerings to our members, what we hope to offer and what we can realistically at these early stages afford to offer. Once we begin to address the concerns of our members we have to be fully prepared for the responsibility. It's imperative that we are fully prepared for that even if means us taking a little longer in launching our programs. Realistically speaking, we're probably ahead of where most would expect us to be at this point in our own development, but there is still a lot of work to be done.”
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 04:02:20 AM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: FPATT at crawling stage to sign Pro League players as members
« Reply #281 on: October 01, 2007, 05:35:30 PM »
as local i wouldnt sign up cause FPATT looking like an enemy of TTFF  and them locals still need ttff to help them get contracts overseas and desparate fuh ah cap.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 01, 2007, 05:45:47 PM »
as local i wouldnt sign up cause FPATT looking like an enemy of TTFF  and them locals still need ttff to help them get contracts overseas and desparate fuh ah cap.
that is a BIG hurdle that FPATT has to overcome.
Jackula "run tings"
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #283 on: October 01, 2007, 05:57:37 PM »

That is exactly why they should sign up, because of the 'help' the TTFF has given to the players thus far.  This same help has lead to the WC06 warriors being cheated out of thier just dues.
As long as players think like this, there will be a division amongst the ranks of players that will only benefit TTFF.
Yuh have to say to yourself, why would your employer not want you to be a part of an organization that would benefit your career, help you make smart choices and assist with decision making? hmm whose interest would your employer really be looking out for?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 01, 2007, 06:03:25 PM »
That is exactly why they should sign up, because of the 'help' the TTFF has given to the players thus far.  This same help has lead to the WC06 warriors being cheated out of thier just dues.
As long as players think like this, there will be a division amongst the ranks of players that will only benefit TTFF.
Yuh have to say to yourself, why would your employer not want you to be a part of an organization that would benefit your career, help you make smart choices and assist with decision making? hmm whose interest would your employer really be looking out for?
Yeah, I think that the FPATT has to run information seminars for local players to fully understand from a "Historic" point of view why they need to join.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 01, 2007, 06:41:18 PM »

Think the question you should be asking is why do TTFF think of FPATT as their enemy?

As you have all frequently pointed out, T&T players have been treated poorly since 1973. You have all had complaints about the way the TTFF has been running football.

If FPATT had been in place before Germany, you would still have your best players representing your country and the Gold Cup players would have been paid on time.

FPATT didn't bring the court case. FPATT are there specifically to avoid that kind of confrontation.

So, the local players must decide. Do they just think about themselves as individuals and risk being treated like the Classic squad, the Strike squad and the Soca Warriors, or should they be treated the same as the other 42 national teams that have unions.

They must ask themselves as a group of 200 local based players, why have 45,000 players worldwide joined a players union?

Because of the position of Jack Warner, he can inform TTFF that any nation with an established players union is enjoying a respectful working relationship between the administrators and the players, without the need to get lawyers involved. Which is why FIFA fully support their establishment.

Even the global organisation of players unions, FIFPro, is funded from FIFA tournaments.

The reason that FPATT looks like an enemy of TTFF is because Mr Warner and Mr Camps know that if they recognise FPATT, the players will have to be treated properly, there will have to be financial transparency and players will no longer have to bow down to the administrators.

TTFF use the press to sway public perception. Today, Shaun Fuentes has released 2 articles. The content is exactly the same but rearranged to tell a different story.

In one, Shaka is the returning hero who takes the oppertunity to explain FPATTs current status and difficulties in an honest and open manner. In the other, Shaka is president of a failing organisation that hasn't got off the ground.

Ask yourself, why did Fuentes need to release two articles with exactly the same content?

Morvant, you're a bright guy, but you chose to  comment on the negative article. Can't you guys see how you're being manipulated? Its the old glass half empty/half full trick. You take a story and change its slant depending on which message you want to get across.

There are people on this site - not FPATT members- who will tell you the truth about FPATT. I personally am working on 6 FPATT projects, and spent most of the weekend communicating with people. Like you guys, I have to earn a living. FPATT has no funds to pay me. So I  work on FPATT in the evenings and weekends. As I've mentioned before, we are moving slowly, purely due to lack of funds and manpower.

But we are making progress, and you will see these projects come to fruitition.

Its easy for TTFF to try to belittle FPATT. They have an office, paid staff, and, if the government are to believed, $173 million TT over the last 2 years to play with.

So, I ask the forum, if you were to start an organisation today, how would you pay for an office, furnish it, provide computers, telephones, fax machnes, appoint staff, raise funds, recruit members, deal with the press, pay the utility bills, build a website, travel abroad to meetings and fit in a full time job as well?

I don't mean to be bitter, but its very frustrating when you work for something you believe in and people are ready to criticise rather than ask themselves "how can I help?"

So, to answer Morvants point. If I was a local player, I would look at TTFFs recent record of assisting players to get contracts overseas. I would wonder how I'm going to earn a cap when no reputable country will play T&T. If I do earn a cap, am I going to be paid in loose change, or will I receive a decent match fee, as the guys were paid before the world cup. Would the TTFF hold back my pay until I return the kitbag that they've received free of charge. If I'm injured overseas, will they just leave me there alone. If I'm injured and my clubs contract expires, will I be left to fend for myself until I can get myself fit again and get a new club. And I would wonder if I wanted to be first choice in a team that struggles against inferior opponents or part of a squad that plays in SA 2010.

FPATT is not an enemy of TTFF. And the players should realise that if they stand alone, they will fall alone. Our logo is a players huddle, purposely to illustrate that when players stand together they achieve a great deal more.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 01, 2007, 07:03:48 PM »
Look de answer to dis here Morvant. Still, yuh right, FPATT needs to do a better job of getting the word out amongst the players.

So, to answer Morvants point. If I was a local player, I would look at TTFFs recent record of assisting players to get contracts overseas. I would wonder how I'm going to earn a cap when no reputable country will play T&T. If I do earn a cap, am I going to be paid in loose change, or will I receive a decent match fee, as the guys were paid before the world cup. Would the TTFF hold back my pay until I return the kitbag that they've received free of charge. If I'm injured overseas, will they just leave me there alone. If I'm injured and my clubs contract expires, will I be left to fend for myself until I can get myself fit again and get a new club. And I would wonder if I wanted to be first choice in a team that struggles against inferior opponents or part of a squad that plays in SA 2010.

Two islands are better than one.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 01, 2007, 07:07:30 PM »
Look de answer to dis here Morvant. Still, yuh right, FPATT needs to do a better job of getting the word out amongst the players.

Point taken.

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 01, 2007, 07:20:04 PM »

that is  a smart thought.  i think they should mainly sign up the more important players though. just an opinion.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #289 on: October 01, 2007, 08:30:55 PM »

that is  a smart thought.  i think they should mainly sign up the more important players though. just an opinion.

i cant tell if that was a serious answer or not.
who are the 'more important' players?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 01, 2007, 08:33:42 PM »
good observation Mr MC
i would say that EVERY single player who wants to Represent TnT is "an important" player ;)
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 01, 2007, 10:02:16 PM »
FPATT, again I am embarassed to see some of the questions you are posed with as well as comments from some of the more established and so called "informed" people on this board.

Lord put ah hand ! :-[
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 01, 2007, 10:08:56 PM »
FPATT, again I am embarassed to see some of the questions you are posed with as well as comments from some of the more established and so called "informed" people on this board.

Don't be...good bet is that if one person posts it there are others out there who are thinking it.  At least their posting the questions presents an opportunity for FPATT to clear up some misconceptions.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 01, 2007, 10:56:28 PM »

Don't be...good bet is that if one person posts it there are others out there who are thinking it. At least their posting the questions presents an opportunity for FPATT to clear up some misconceptions.

Excellent response Bake n Shark. To offer a crude analogy, if a woman is accostomed to being treated like a piece of rubbish and another man comes offering flowers and sweet talk she must obviously be suspicious, and she will have to be careful the husband does not find out. But come what may she must either realize her worth and leave OR stay keep the staus quo. Watch closely at who are among the first to join FPATT. As they say you always know a persons true character when they are confronted by the unknown.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 10:58:34 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: FPATT at crawling stage to sign Pro League players as members.
« Reply #294 on: October 02, 2007, 04:20:56 AM »

Think the question you should be asking is why do TTFF think of FPATT as their enemy?

As you have all frequently pointed out, T&T players have been treated poorly since 1973. You have all had complaints about the way the TTFF has been running football.

If FPATT had been in place before Germany, you would still have your best players representing your country and the Gold Cup players would have been paid on time.

FPATT didn't bring the court case. FPATT are there specifically to avoid that kind of confrontation.

So, the local players must decide. Do they just think about themselves as individuals and risk being treated like the Classic squad, the Strike squad and the Soca Warriors, or should they be treated the same as the other 42 national teams that have unions.

They must ask themselves as a group of 200 local based players, why have 45,000 players worldwide joined a players union?

Because of the position of Jack Warner, he can inform TTFF that any nation with an established players union is enjoying a respectful working relationship between the administrators and the players, without the need to get lawyers involved. Which is why FIFA fully support their establishment.

Even the global organisation of players unions, FIFPro, is funded from FIFA tournaments.

The reason that FPATT looks like an enemy of TTFF is because Mr Warner and Mr Camps know that if they recognise FPATT, the players will have to be treated properly, there will have to be financial transparency and players will no longer have to bow down to the administrators.

TTFF use the press to sway public perception. Today, Shaun Fuentes has released 2 articles. The content is exactly the same but rearranged to tell a different story.

In one, Shaka is the returning hero who takes the oppertunity to explain FPATTs current status and difficulties in an honest and open manner. In the other, Shaka is president of a failing organisation that hasn't got off the ground.

Ask yourself, why did Fuentes need to release two articles with exactly the same content?

Morvant, you're a bright guy, but you chose to  comment on the negative article. Can't you guys see how you're being manipulated? Its the old glass half empty/half full trick. You take a story and change its slant depending on which message you want to get across.

There are people on this site - not FPATT members- who will tell you the truth about FPATT. I personally am working on 6 FPATT projects, and spent most of the weekend communicating with people. Like you guys, I have to earn a living. FPATT has no funds to pay me. So I  work on FPATT in the evenings and weekends. As I've mentioned before, we are moving slowly, purely due to lack of funds and manpower.

But we are making progress, and you will see these projects come to fruitition.

Its easy for TTFF to try to belittle FPATT. They have an office, paid staff, and, if the government are to believed, $173 million TT over the last 2 years to play with.

So, I ask the forum, if you were to start an organisation today, how would you pay for an office, furnish it, provide computers, telephones, fax machnes, appoint staff, raise funds, recruit members, deal with the press, pay the utility bills, build a website, travel abroad to meetings and fit in a full time job as well?

I don't mean to be bitter, but its very frustrating when you work for something you believe in and people are ready to criticise rather than ask themselves "how can I help?"

FPATT is not an enemy of TTFF. And the players should realise that if they stand alone, they will fall alone. Our logo is a players huddle, purposely to illustrate that when players stand together they achieve a great deal more.

Great response.

However in all fairness, the 'negative' article isn't Fuentes', nor the TTFF's
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 03:02:53 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 02, 2007, 10:00:33 AM »
good observation Mr MC
i would say that EVERY single player who wants to Represent TnT is "an important" player ;)
        West Coast what you have said here is right and the way it should be but you as well as i know reality tells us different,if any one on here have ever represented this country you will know how the locals feel,and why they have to be convinced to join FPATT,these guys are called Pros because they play in a league called a Pro League but it's just some players getting small change to play Football,does every player in the Pro league get paid?when a national squad is called up to train look at who gets called up and look at who plays the actual game,we call a bunch of guys who knows there is no chance they will make it because the foreign based are coming,these guys are never sure of what to expect,what the future holds for them,it has always been this way,there is nothing guaranteed,if we make it we used to say we lucky,every thing now is basically new to the locals and we have to put ourselves in their shoes,i'm sure most of them still have a regular job and play Football.
       It's nice to know there is an organization called FPATT going to try and take care of players interest,it's something that Players never had but needs,if Players can have that peace of mind they can give more to the game,you can definitely see the difference in Players after they leave our shores because it's business a different mentality,purpose,future,in other words it's life.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 02, 2007, 10:15:24 AM »
Players also will need help in dealing with the Pro League and their clubs. So doh get only tie'up with TTFF.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 02, 2007, 11:35:07 AM »
I have zero tolearnce 4 dotish peeps If dey cyah see d importance of FPATT leff dem in dey mess

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 02, 2007, 11:49:05 AM »
how you could come down to ah player from tobago united and tell him join your club, and charge him ah fee tell him yuh go take care ah him den leave on the next flight to england???

as soon as that same feller get called up and dey see he is part of a club that sue them.

allyuh need to start posting from yuh heart and what you truely feel. trust meh it does feel better than having the general board agreeing with yuh.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 02, 2007, 12:43:15 PM »
as soon as that same feller get called up and dey see he is part of a club that sue them.
But FPATT eh sue nobody.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>