April 27, 2024, 09:48:42 PM

Poll

Which are you more likely to choose to help raise funds for FPATT?

collection box in bar/office
2 (5.3%)
go to bank to make deposit
3 (7.9%)
attend fundraising match/lime
12 (31.6%)
buy FPATT clothing
5 (13.2%)
donation by post
4 (10.5%)
donation by card via iternet
11 (28.9%)
Would not donate
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: July 30, 2007, 04:00:37 PM

Author Topic: FPATT Thread  (Read 132676 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: FPATT looking forward to a productive 2008
« Reply #390 on: January 03, 2008, 04:51:17 PM »
When do we expect the squad for Guadeloupe to be called up and will FPATT negotiate the match fees? Or is TTFF already trying to work things under the table without FPATT again?

FPATT are hopeful that Mr Camps will invite us for talks to discuss this subject.

These are the oversees invites according to TTFF media

The TTFF also announced  the eight overseas-based players invited for the friendly international. They include Sunderland  striker Kenwyne Jones, Swansea City striker Jason Scotland, Wrexham midfielder Silvio Spann, Walsall goalkeeper Clayton Ince, Ujpest FC midfielder Densill Theobald, MLS-based Collin Samuel, Sparta Rotterdam forward Darryl Roberts, Southampton striker Stern John and Sunderland  midfielder Carlos Edwards who has indicated that he expects to return from injury in time for the affair.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 03, 2008, 08:57:22 PM »
Total Local DEFENCE. No Birchall leh we see how d total local go wuk. Seon Power etal
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 03, 2008, 09:15:23 PM »
aight so some of D blacklisted get call up, but come on, we need some foreign based defenders in d squad. anybody know what club Birchall at now?
Cheers to FPATT. FPATT da new TTFF.. Shaka fo President

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 03, 2008, 11:45:20 PM »
Right now I could care less about local defence and foreign defence.  Is time they start training with somebody so they could see how the guys playing.  We need to call different groups and get them in games. This time wasting go come back to haunt us.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FPATT visits the North Coast Academy
« Reply #394 on: January 22, 2008, 07:16:13 PM »
FPATT visits the North Coast Academy

On Sunday, January 20th, FPATT, represented by Vice President Clayton Morris, Marketing and Office Manager Debbie Maya McMillan, and Leslie "Tiger" Fitzpatrick, paid a visit to the North Coast Academy at the Las Cuevas Recreational Grounds. They gave speeches, and presented the kids with jerseys from Tottenham Hotspurs, with whom they are trying to build a relationship.

CLICK HERE for the photos
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: FPATT visits the North Coast Academy
« Reply #395 on: January 22, 2008, 08:30:07 PM »
Nice li'l story. Niceness. Mentors in action.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 22, 2008, 10:18:46 PM »
Dat is what we talkin bout
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #397 on: January 23, 2008, 05:03:20 AM »
Ah love de work being done and everything, and ah know FPATT done say he have ah connection dey, but WHY SPURS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :devil:
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 23, 2008, 07:27:36 AM »
Ah love de work being done and everything, and ah know FPATT done say he have ah connection dey, but WHY SPURS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :devil:

Spurs were generous enough to donate the shirts. I August we presented some Leyton Orient shirts. Every charity and kids team in England write to clubs for donations. Its only when I can really "work" my connections that I can get a dozen shirts.

However, I will keep plugging away at other clubs. When we organised the fundraiser last March, I wrote to every league club and manager in England. We did receive 30 signed shirts.

Funnily enough, I received standard rejection letters from Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea stating that they would love to help, but they have so many requests etc. Then, all 3 sent signed items out of the blue. It really helps when theres a link to the English PFA.

It was funny with those kids, though, coz I don't think they knew who Spurs are! I bet Arsenal wish they'd never heard of Spurs today!!

One final comment. Spurs have an excellent football in the community programme running and link into a project called kickx (I think). They do work with inner city gangs and I am trying to organise a project to bring one of these teams of ex offenders to Trini to play a team of ex gang kids and then bring the Trinis to London for a return fixture. I want to use the slogan "Join a team, not a gang" and try to work with T&T govt to produce some anti gang adverts featuring players.

Of course, going to Maracas, I saw Uncle Sams and, in honour of our esteemed forumite of the same name, had myself some bake & shark!!   

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 23, 2008, 07:43:43 AM »
was Camps there ???....he coulda just walk with he Scotch......plenty coconut water dey
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 23, 2008, 10:41:50 AM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
I'm just happy and want to thank FPATT for their contribution and support in making these North Coast youths be a part of the big picture,this have been my brain child and hope the time will come when it will be able to produce quality players,any help that could be given in this area is greatly appreciated because it have a lot of talent there.   

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 23, 2008, 10:43:40 AM »
I'm just happy and want to thank FPATT for their contribution and support in making these North Coast youths be a part of the big picture,this have been my brain child and hope the time will come when it will be able to produce quality players,any help that could be given in this area is greatly appreciated because it have a lot of talent there.   
Coop's dais where ya have you tourney every year?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 23, 2008, 10:46:44 AM »

Of course, going to Maracas, I saw Uncle Sams and, in honour of our esteemed forumite of the same name, had myself some bake & shark!!   

did you put pineapple in your bake and shark?  ;D

nice work btw. Very well done  :)
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 23, 2008, 10:49:02 AM »
GREAT stuff there FPATT

ya gorn over to the dark side....is Shark & Bake :devil:
 ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 23, 2008, 10:50:22 AM »

did you put pineapple in your bake and shark?  ;D

nice work btw. Very well done  :)

FPATT nice work...

but pray tell...

did you bite down on any bone in your bake and shark or was it filleted??   ;D

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 23, 2008, 11:10:09 AM »
        Yes it's my home town when ever i'm in T&T,i've been plugging away at it since my father introduced me to the area since the days when i represented our country,i'm always doing things there because they still look forward to me doing things in the area,a little tournament at least is what i can afford to do with the time i have.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 23, 2008, 12:16:20 PM »
big up to FPATT for their noble actions.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 23, 2008, 12:21:25 PM »
        Yes it's my home town when ever i'm in T&T,i've been plugging away at it since my father introduced me to the area since the days when i represented our country,i'm always doing things there because they still look forward to me doing things in the area,a little tournament at least is what i can afford to do with the time i have.
maybe FPATT could be there when you do it again
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 23, 2008, 12:26:28 PM »
Good work FPATT

The old HOLSTEN Hummel Tottenham SHIRT used to look reallllllll Sick. Wish I can get my hands on one of them...........It was thick. It was in teh Hoddle days!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 23, 2008, 12:30:49 PM »
Good work FPATT

The old HOLSTEN Hummel Tottenham SHIRT used to look reallllllll Sick. Wish I can get my hands on one of them...........It was thick. It was in teh Hoddle days!

word! that was the adidas one right? it was wicked.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 23, 2008, 01:09:11 PM »
Good work FPATT

word! that was the adidas one right? it was wicked.

Nah the Hummel..1985 - 1987........It was wicked ! They should relick that one. Post the link below....that KIT baddddd

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/spurs872.jpg

« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 01:58:26 PM by RasIred »

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 23, 2008, 02:49:21 PM »
Well done FPATT! Great work!  :beermug:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
FPATT's VP Clayton Morris: Video interview after FIFPro meeting
« Reply #412 on: February 02, 2008, 01:29:05 PM »
Vice President of FPATT.  Busy organizing.
Strike Squad captain and central defender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY3m-mv_JRg
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 01:32:12 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warriors stars treated shabbily says FPATT
« Reply #413 on: February 10, 2008, 10:03:47 AM »
Warriors stars treated shabbily says FPATT
Sunday, February 10 2008 (Trinidad Newsday)

THE FOOTBALL Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago has expressed dissatisfaction over the manner in which their members were treated after the international friendly encounter with Guadeloupe at the Queen’s Park Oval on Ash Wednesday.

It comes on the heels of reports in which it is alleged that the star players refused to sign match-fee contracts. As a result they received no match fees.

But in a release sent out by FPATT yesterday, it was stated that the players did not sign the contracts offered by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) because they were given less than 72 hours before the kick-off of the game.

And therefore it was not discussed, negotiated and approved by its association and or its attorneys.

The football players’ association also expressed its grouse over alleged poor flight arrangements for the players to return to their respective clubs.

Some players, it is said, were placed on stand-by economy flights which resulted in last ditch efforts by the players to reach to their UK clubs on time.

The FPATT said it hopes that the alleged inadequacies are not seen by the football federation as “business as usual.”

It also stated that it is here to mediate with the football federation and clubs on behalf of the players on various issues.

Among them match fees, wages, bonuses for the coming World Cup qualifiers, insurance coverage and ticket allocations, among others.

It was also revealed that the association is not involved in the ongoing issues concerning bonuses from the 2006 World Cup participation by the Soca Warriors.

FPATT added that the players have been afforded all the benefits expected under the regulations of the world governing body for football, FIFA.

According to the release the FPATT has been attempting to have a meaningful discussion with the TTFF and or its advisor Jack Warner on such important topics.

According to the release FPATT is committed to the implementation of policies and procedures suitable for a professional work environment as it relates to the governance of football in Trinidad and Tobago.

It also stated that its members played in last Wednesday’s match because they just wanted to represent their country.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors stars treated shabbily says FPATT
« Reply #414 on: February 10, 2008, 06:20:04 PM »
A meaningful discussion wit Jack good luck

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors stars treated shabbily says FPATT
« Reply #415 on: February 11, 2008, 09:45:09 AM »
FPATT keep pressing and don't give up!!!!!! Players have to be treated as professionals and some courtesy should be priority!

You all should take over players arrangements, from arrival to departure as TTFF seems incapable of handling it efficiently. HOW LONG DID THEY HAVE THIS GAME PLANNED!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
FPATT Thread
« Reply #416 on: February 11, 2008, 11:51:38 PM »
FPATT president Hislop shocked by Warner comments.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

CAUSE FOR ALARM

Ten months into his term, Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) interim president Shaka Hislop is yet to officially meet either Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) president Oliver Camps or its special advisor and FIFA vice-president Jack Warner.
Hislop's bemusement and frustration turned to alarm on the weekend as Warner told another media house that he advised the T&TFF not to speak with FPATT. Warner suggested that the T&TFF did not have to negotiate as the local body was "not the employer of the players".
It was news to Hislop who was a standout for the "Soca Warriors" at the 2006 World Cup and played professionally for more than a decade in England at Newcastle, West Ham, Portsmouth and Reading.
"The reasons he gave (for not talking to FPATT) I think were alarming," said Hislop. "He said the TTFF does not employ players but, in the very contract he gave to players 72 hours before kick off, he twice referred to them as 'employees' in a two-page document that I am sure was drawn up by high-paid employees.
"It just doesn't make sense at the very least. At the very worse, it is very hypocritical."
Warner's statements followed on the heels of a supposed stand-off between national players and administrators regarding match contracts for last week's friendly against Guadeloupe at the Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain.
Hislop was disappointed that, after encouraging rhetoric from the T&TFF at the start of the year, the administration had, in his opinion, reverted to type.
"We made every effort to contact the TTFF to negotiate cordially," said Hislop, "but they have not responded. They have just automatically taken an aggressive stance, which cannot be good for the game or Trinidad and Tobago players who feel they have no voice.
"The Federation has not even bothered to hear what we have to say."
Hislop is anxious to discuss, on behalf of the players, issues such as insurance, match fees, travel arrangements and so on, which he feels would help the Warriors to be more at ease when on national duty.
Up to match day, the national players had to go on the T&TFF's word that they were insured against injury, while England-based players were offered stand-by economy tickets for their return trips. Football team manager David Muhammad said that FPATT was involved in the drawing up of the match contracts but Hislop insisted they never saw the document before the friendly game, which ended goalless.
He poured scorn too on Warner's reference to UEFA in his explanation as to why the T&TFF were better off ignoring FPATT. Warner pointed out that European clubs now liaise directly with their confederation rather than with national associations.
But Hislop claimed that Warner referred to a mandate, which was designed to protect clubs rather than players. UEFA has agreed to compensate clubs for releasing players for national duty. The interim FPATT president failed to spot the relevance between the European pact regarding clubs and national associations and the fight for players' rights in Trinidad and Tobago.
"To be drawing comparisons between a brand-new UEFA mandate and TTFF and FPATT is ridiculous," said Hislop. "He is talking about UEFA negotiating with the players but I pulled up their summary and, in a two-page document, the word 'player' is only there once. It says continually that it is an agreement between the association and the club but we are dealing with the players and not the club.
"I am sure the clubs would be overjoyed to hear that CONCACAF would take a similar stance to UEFA and pay them around 4000 Euros a day while their players are away but somehow I don't see that happening anytime soon."
Hislop reiterated that FPATT did not mean to be confrontational but felt the organisation was being backed into a corner. He urged the T&TFF to reconsider their position so as to avoid another stand-off between players and administrators. Hislop is among 16 players who have legally challenged the T&TFF over their share of World Cup bonus and sponsorship revenue.
"We hope that this arbitration, (between the World Cup players and the T&TFF) which I reiterate is not a FPATT undertaking," said Hislop, "is the last of its kind for the foreseeable future. We don't want another stand-off but, at times, we do feel as if we are being backed into a corner.
"We are appealing to their better judgment with the interest of Trinidad and Tobago football and our global reputation at heart."

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 02:02:38 AM by Flex »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Cause For Alarm - Players are not "employees" of TTFF!!
« Reply #417 on: February 12, 2008, 12:20:06 AM »
Alright...shaka say it...lewe see who come and say is fpatt suing ttff now.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 12, 2008, 12:44:25 AM »
CAUSE FOR ALARM
FPATT president Hislop shocked by Warner comments
Lasana Liburd

Tuesday, February 12th 2008

Up to match day, the national players had to go on the T&TFF's word that they were insured against injury, while England-based players were offered stand-by economy tickets for their return trips. Football team manager David Muhammad said that FPATT was involved in the drawing up of the match contracts but Hislop insisted they never saw the document before the friendly game, which ended goalless.

I now see why Roy Keane mentioned the tickets economy I can understand standby is just ridiculous.  I know there are some issues and we have some muppets in charge of our game, but I feel for you, it must be heartbreaking to have people like that in charge of your football.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 12, 2008, 05:32:54 AM »
I now see why Roy Keane mentioned the tickets economy I can understand standby is just ridiculous.  I know there are some issues and we have some muppets in charge of our game, but I feel for you, it must be heartbreaking to have people like that in charge of your football.
the most telling characteristic of Mr Warner is that, even though he is a FIFA Vice President and President of CONCACAF and CFU, he openly flaunts his disrespect for the objectives that FIFA have been tryin to institute in many countries concerning player associations.
Sepp look what your Daddy is doing
ONE day his downfall will come
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 05:41:16 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>