April 25, 2024, 09:19:09 PM

Poll

Which are you more likely to choose to help raise funds for FPATT?

collection box in bar/office
2 (5.3%)
go to bank to make deposit
3 (7.9%)
attend fundraising match/lime
12 (31.6%)
buy FPATT clothing
5 (13.2%)
donation by post
4 (10.5%)
donation by card via iternet
11 (28.9%)
Would not donate
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: July 30, 2007, 04:00:37 PM

Author Topic: FPATT Thread  (Read 132585 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FPATT slam T&TFF.
« Reply #510 on: March 26, 2008, 05:49:51 PM »
Dcs

I have 2 disagree wit u. If d local players eh sign up wit FPATT it just show how dumb as a people we are. Mind u d foreign base in TNT sign up including d J'can from Joe Public.

As 4 Lisana he is d only journalist dat does ask d hard questions. d newsday cyah spell hard plus d Guardian sports editor is writing d sequel 2 zero 2 hero.

What et al should do just let Jw continue with he nonesense. Why not volunteer with FPATT and see what u can do to help them?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 26, 2008, 06:45:11 PM »
Shaka and Jack have a personal beef that they are carrying on through FPATT vs TTFF

Bakes doh forget we are continually reminded that FPATT have nothing to do with the WC $ issue.

FPATT success will depend on how much it does for local players because that is what they are there for as far as how the unions in FIFPro are set up.  The players not based in T&T are covered by the unions in the respective countries.  But when you have most of the leadership not even in T&T they seem to be more dealing with issues that affect the foreign players even if they affect the local players by association.

They announced they were going to be putting together work shops and all that good stuff for the local players and I think that is where they can be most useful.  The local players can't afford to take the combative position FPATT is taking either...that is more in line with what the foreign based players can afford to do...hence the local players skeptical about joining an organization that supposedly created for them but taking a hardline stance seemingly at every chance they can get.

It also have the question of legitimacy in terms of who they really represent...do they really have the backing of the local players to negotiate on their behalf. Right now to TTFF it might seem as though they mainly have the 16 WC players, Liburd as defacto Press Officer and then a big question mark as to who else other than people who hate TTFF whether they do good or bad intentionally or unintentionally.

What I don't understand is why the local guys are so resentful of FPATT. The overseas players have benefitted by being in unions. They got screwed out of world cup money so they're going to arbitration. They never needed to form FPATT to help themselves. But they did it so the locals and the future internationals won't get screwed again. I don't see any of them sitting in fancy offices in Trinidad or taking salaries. Shaka has a job and the others are playing abroad.

My question is....Why the hell are they bothering? All they get is resentment from the locals, suspision from  many supporters and reprisals from TTFF. They have cut them selves of from any future with the current administration in a coaching or management role.

And I don't see any pro FPATT press articles from anyone except Lasana, so it looks like all the other papers are afraid to go up against TTFF.

I honestly think if I was one of the FPATT members, I would just earn my English pounds and just come back to Trinidad for holidays and international call ups. I know you'll tell me if I am wrong, but isn't this what Yorke and Latapy have done? I don't know if they're members, but they never risked their careers to help the local boys did they? (I've only been on this site for 9 months and I don't remember seeing anything about these two supporting FPATT-but I may be wrong.) 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 26, 2008, 09:32:01 PM »
Kent u preach Yorke join ah eh hear bout Lattas.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 26, 2008, 10:13:13 PM »
I find it quite interesting...to see your particular take on this issue...

Shaka and Jack have a personal beef that they are carrying on through FPATT vs TTFF

Do you honestly believe that...or are you just saying so flippantly?  Because if you truly believe that then you're actually questioning Shaka's integrity...which would be your right, I just don't know on what basis you make this allegation.  Do you really think Shaka would run to Trinidad at every opportunity to  keep up some nonsense public mud-slinging campaign with Jack Warner at a time when his off-field career is just taking off?  You think he doesn't have a family that he'd prefer to be spending more time with?  It's really kinda disgusting to see that this man is giving so much of himself to try and better the lot of the local footballer....only to see this mauvais langue nonsense posted in return.

Bakes doh forget we are continually reminded that FPATT have nothing to do with the WC $ issue.

It pays to have a discerning mind sometimes...FPATT is not a party to the suit.  FPATT's involvement in the Bonus dispute is limited to the extent that they are advising the players.  I doubt anyone intended it for you to take it literally that FPATT have nothing to do with the suit.  We need to move beyond the simplistic nit picking I keep seeing on the board...I personally find it difficult to believe that almost a year later you don't understand what is FPATT's capacity in this matter.

FPATT success will depend on how much it does for local players because that is what they are there for as far as how the unions in FIFPro are set up.  The players not based in T&T are covered by the unions in the respective countries.  But when you have most of the leadership not even in T&T they seem to be more dealing with issues that affect the foreign players even if they affect the local players by association.

Most of what leadership not based in T&T??  Shaka is based in TnT friend...doh let the occasional ESPN gigs fool yuh, the man's business base is in TnT.  Where is Clayton Morris, the VP based?  Who from "the leadership" isn't in TnT?  I fail to see how anything on FPATT's radar affects the local based solely by association.  Maybe you can give us an idea as to what you're talking about because it is becoming evident that you're a bit out of touch with reality.

They announced they were going to be putting together work shops and all that good stuff for the local players and I think that is where they can be most useful.  The local players can't afford to take the combative position FPATT is taking either...that is more in line with what the foreign based players can afford to do...hence the local players skeptical about joining an organization that supposedly created for them but taking a hardline stance seemingly at every chance they can get.

You must have missed the news...FPATT has been holding workshops, or at least one such workshop/presentation has already been held.  Again, how is FPATT NOT supposed to take a hard line when all they have faced from the TTFF is hostility?  They should keep smiling while Jack and company spit in their faces?  What are some of these hardline stances you claim FPATT has adopted?  It's becoming clear that FPATT just can't win with some of you guys...they're not doing enough, and whatever it is they're doing they're not doing it right.  Is damned if they do, damned if they don't.

It also have the question of legitimacy in terms of who they really represent...do they really have the backing of the local players to negotiate on their behalf. Right now to TTFF it might seem as though they mainly have the 16 WC players, Liburd as defacto Press Officer and then a big question mark as to who else other than people who hate TTFF whether they do good or bad intentionally or unintentionally.

This ent no "also" it's the same refrain from you over and over..."who does FPATT represent?", "they really representing the foreign-based", "they representing the WC players".  How many of the World Cup players are presently foreign-based?  How many are local?  Should they not advocate on the behalf of those local players now?  If those local players have appointed FPATT their representative to speak for them, who is the TTFF to question their legitimacy?  Now all of a sudden Lasana Liburd is 'de facto Press Officer'.  TTFF could haul dey ass if that is what they want to believe....same for supposed Soca Warriors supporters who only looking to criticize the players' union at every turn.

steups...dealing with some ah allyuh men is a real study in patience yes.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 10:18:11 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 26, 2008, 10:17:38 PM »

What I don't understand is why the local guys are so resentful of FPATT. The overseas players have benefitted by being in unions. They got screwed out of world cup money so they're going to arbitration. They never needed to form FPATT to help themselves. But they did it so the locals and the future internationals won't get screwed again. I don't see any of them sitting in fancy offices in Trinidad or taking salaries. Shaka has a job and the others are playing abroad.

My question is....Why the hell are they bothering? All they get is resentment from the locals, suspision from  many supporters and reprisals from TTFF. They have cut them selves of from any future with the current administration in a coaching or management role.

And I don't see any pro FPATT press articles from anyone except Lasana, so it looks like all the other papers are afraid to go up against TTFF.

I honestly think if I was one of the FPATT members, I would just earn my English pounds and just come back to Trinidad for holidays and international call ups. I know you'll tell me if I am wrong, but isn't this what Yorke and Latapy have done? I don't know if they're members, but they never risked their careers to help the local boys did they? (I've only been on this site for 9 months and I don't remember seeing anything about these two supporting FPATT-but I may be wrong.) 
I know why ,if they support they will get ban to .Let these guys fight it out for them ,while there banned they will get the Caps and workpermits ,then they will fight from England too ,trinis ent stupid .

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #515 on: March 26, 2008, 10:40:13 PM »
correction...Bake and Shark is dey PRO  :rotfl:  boy he cud talk...entire dissertations...anyway lemme go read his pedantic condescending lecture.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 26, 2008, 10:40:31 PM »

kent,

your post exhibits an almost virgin appreciation for the reality of life for the professional baller in trinidad..

you have to understand trinidad is not england. There is no such thing as 'recourse'.  It is extremely difficult for a local baller trying to make ends meet to sacrifice his livelihood for a cause, with no options legal or otherwise for the guaranteed safety of his career.. The foreign based can do that because their business fix, but it is infinitely more difficult for the local based..

At this young stage, throwing his support behind FPATT could mean no national call up = no caps = no overseas options = no career.. Jack will see to that.. And the locals not going and give all that up with no tangible benefit in de forseeable future..

and that is just one side of the coin. I said before and I'll say it again that Trinidadians are not the type to unite and fight for any cause whatsoever.. And for this reason, as much as I respect the noble intentions of FPATT, i have my fears about how far the initiative will get off the ground.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 26, 2008, 10:47:09 PM »
Omar it have 2 start somewhere someday hopensoon dem ballers go realize FPATT is 4 dey benefit.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #518 on: March 26, 2008, 11:53:21 PM »
steups...dealing with some ah allyuh men is a real study in patience yes.

poor you....why do you even bother.  I guess that is the burden of a super hero. (that will have to suffice as response to the immature emotional tone)

As for the points u raised that actually have substance:

Shaka is no god and while I respect his character I will not be so naive to rule out he may think football is better off without Warner or at the very least needs someone to put him in his place. 

You find it difficult to believe I don't understand FPATT's role in the dispute because I do in fact understand their role.  In the context of how they deal with TTFF the dispute plays a big part in the hostile relationship.

If I am out of touch with reality imagine the rest of the T&T public.  This could just be lack of information and we are supposed to assume stuff is going on....and that is taking into account I am aware of the workshops.  Those are the things they need to do more of or at least have it on record if they want the public to know what they are doing.  They can't control what press releases are carried but launching their website would help because when most of the time the stuff in the papers is about Shaka complaining about flight arrangements for foreign based to come back and overall mostly things concerning the national team or that stupidness about the concacaf check, forgive those of us who may be led to believe that is an indication of their focus.

Enough with the soon part it can be as simple as just text or a page with links to press releases that are stored in a folder....it takes the same effort to write them up as to put them online.  All their unpublished press releases can go there.

I agree TTFF has taken a hostile stance against FPATT but I also believe that FPATT taking an aggressive hostile position in response is naively playing right into their hands.  It suits them just fine to slog it out in the papers and avoid having to deal with them.  Sort of like if you are trying to convince someone of your opinion you wouldn't be condescending and obnoxious...ah mean that obviously won't work regardless of their attitude.  The other thing is patience....you can focus on doing things like the workshops and other activities you do not need the TTFF for....do those well and earn the players respect and trust by making sure people know about it.  After that you can push for more. Right now FPATT form yesterday and demanding everything all at once even when this $$ dispute makes that highly unlikely considering the linkage betw FPATT and the 16.

As for legitimacy...is not in TTFF eyes is in the players eyes.  If the majority of the team not with FPATT how FPATT going to negotiate the contracts?  Perception matters a whole lot for FPATT so if they want people and the players to see the "truth" about how they are focusing mostly on the T&T based players then their press releases and activities should reflect same. I believe they could do a better job on that front but it will ultimately be up to the players and also the general public what they think of FPATT.  If the public sees them as just there to fight with Jack then TTFF will be able to continue shunning them...and don't expect any help from FIFA because they and FIFPro ain't always on good terms.

Whatever criticism they get here is for their own good and should be seen as such. Whatever they decide to do time will be the judge.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 12:28:33 AM by dcs »

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 27, 2008, 03:58:53 AM »
I take on board the poins made from others. However, I think you have over simlyfied some of those points.

You say about players being worried about losing caps and careers, well what about Sancho and Jack? They seem to have had a rough time and it can't be coincidence. I would love them to be playing for The Gills still. I know Jack has a broken leg, but both of them have become untouchables and its not due to their lack of skills. Also, wasn't there a guy playing in USA who's  disapeared, and also Birchill?

It can't have helped their career by being aligned with FPATT.

I don't know how FPATT get money, but they don't seem to have any sponsorship. Even that charity money wasn't much to  run an organisation on. How much does it cost to set up a decent website or run workshops? I have no idea. But it must cost something.

Dictators know that rival organisations will die unless they receive the oxygen of publicity. What is FPATT supposed to put in the papers?

"Today, FPATT spoke to FIFPro over the loan of 5000 paperclips?"  Newspapers only want stories that are confrontational or big news. Maybe FPATT have sent out lots of press releases,but they only print the sensational ones.

DCS said "when most of the time the stuff in the papers is about Shaka complaining about flight arrangements for foreign based to come back and overall mostly things concerning the national team or that stupidness about the concacaf check, forgive those of us who may be led to believe that is an indication of their focus."

These are real issues. I can't believe that the lack of financial proprietry is not a major story across the Caribbean. But as usual, nobody is asking TTFF hard questions. Someone here even said that Warner has a business called concacaf! That is outrageous and the man should be suspended pending investigations. Yet you think FPATT should let him carry on as he has for years.

I read this site and its full of anti Warner and anti TTFF material. So why isn't that the main block to FPATT as well.? It seems to me that if you sit there quietly and do a workshop every 6 months, players will think you're a knitting circle and won't join anyway.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 27, 2008, 05:47:25 AM »
      I remember some time ago the US national team players had some problems with pay etc i don'rt know exactly how it was settled but the players had stopped playing until it was settled.

Interesting that you brought this up. I just realised that this blacklist is nothing new.
It was before the 2006 hex. They had something similar to the NBA lockout.

As you undoubtedly heard, the USA got entangled in acrimonious contract negotiations between federation and players. Training camps and friendlies were cancelled, nasty names were called, and the FA recruited a bunch of "replacement players" to play the opener at T&T. The dispute's over, and it's not worth going into the details (hint: it involved money). But it's worth knowing that the players offered to play the T&T game while negotiations were proceeding, but the federation said no and locked them out of camp.
http://www.planetworldcup.com/CUPS/2006/concacaf_p04.html
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 27, 2008, 07:03:58 AM »
Two words Union Dues .

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 27, 2008, 08:08:59 AM »
poor you....why do you even bother.  I guess that is the burden of a super hero. (that will have to suffice as response to the immature emotional tone)

Sometimes the ends justifies the means and me responding goes beyond simply addressing you, and more towards addressing questions that others reading in silence may have.  You refer to my response as 'pedantic'...which only intimates that you may need to better familiarize yourself with the actual meaning of the word.  If in fact I am being pedantic in my methodology and you still cannot uderstand what lies at issue, then that only indicts your own comprehension.  Unfortunately I can't write my response in crayons, that seemingly being the only way to better simplify matters for you.

As for the points u raised that actually have substance:

Shaka is no god and while I respect his character I will not be so naive to rule out he may think football is better off without Warner or at the very least needs someone to put him in his place. 

Don't try to adjust your earlier statements now.  No one ever said that Shaka is some god or beyond reproach.  It is painfully obvious that Shaka..LIKE MOST TNT SUPPORTERS, recognizes that the less influence/involvement Jack has in local affairs the better the situation would be.  Let him focus on his actual responsibilities and leave the "Special Advisor" nonsense alone.  So even if Shaka is guilty of desiring a separation between Jack and local football, it is quite a reach you make to then simplify his efforts on the parts of local footballers, as being more of a personal vendetta writ large.

You find it difficult to believe I don't understand FPATT's role in the dispute because I do in fact understand their role.  In the context of how they deal with TTFF the dispute plays a big part in the hostile relationship.

If I am out of touch with reality imagine the rest of the T&T public.  This could just be lack of information and we are supposed to assume stuff is going on....and that is taking into account I am aware of the workshops.  Those are the things they need to do more of or at least have it on record if they want the public to know what they are doing.  They can't control what press releases are carried but launching their website would help because when most of the time the stuff in the papers is about Shaka complaining about flight arrangements for foreign based to come back and overall mostly things concerning the national team or that stupidness about the concacaf check, forgive those of us who may be led to believe that is an indication of their focus.

I can only shake my head at the bolded statements.

You say that the dispute plays a big part in the hostile relationship with the TTFF...but who fomented that dispute?  The fact that the dispute pre-dates...and actually served as the genesis for FPATT should tell you all you need to know.  As for FPATT's other activities...how more active can they be without funding??  In addition to the local workshops they sent two representatives to Spain to participate in the recent FIFPro meetings...or do you not think that important enough?  It's either Clayton Morris and Mr. Harrison paid out of pocket or FPATT undewrote the trip...neither scenario lends a positive indication as to FPATT's current financial status.  Quagmire mentioned union dues....from who?  The much maligned WC 16?  From the local based pros?  How much can a local based player afford to contribute?

Enough with the soon part it can be as simple as just text or a page with links to press releases that are stored in a folder....it takes the same effort to write them up as to put them online.  All their unpublished press releases can go there.
I agree TTFF has taken a hostile stance against FPATT but I also believe that FPATT taking an aggressive hostile position in response is naively playing right into their hands.  It suits them just fine to slog it out in the papers and avoid having to deal with them.  Sort of like if you are trying to convince someone of your opinion you wouldn't be condescending and obnoxious...ah mean that obviously won't work regardless of their attitude.

First off I can't be bothered with trying to convince anyone of my opinion...that neither fattens my pocket nor makes me sleep better at night.  I engage in debate because I enjoy it, and in the case of issues as serious and worthwhile as this one it's for the edification of others.  You can rest assured that were it just the two of us discussing this face to face I wouldn't even bother wasting my time.  You are evidently dug in in your position, and quite frankly not worth the effort.

As for FPATT's reaction to the hostility of the TTFF, you are seemingly of the misguided position that FPATT has to beg favors of the TTFF.  Management is seldom ever receptive to worker organization, to them that is a threat and no amount of humility or courtesy on the part of FPATT would have made any iota of difference to the TTFF.  If you believe otherwise that somehow smiles and genuflection would bring them around then I posit that it is not FPATT that's being naive here.

The other thing is patience....you can focus on doing things like the workshops and other activities you do not need the TTFF for....do those well and earn the players respect and trust by making sure people know about it.  After that you can push for more. Right now FPATT form yesterday and demanding everything all at once even when this $$ dispute makes that highly unlikely considering the linkage betw FPATT and the 16.

If you can't see the relevance of the two financial disputes to the local players then I don't know what to tell you.  Apart from the obvious, that there are local based professionals entangled in both disputes, the latter dispute regarding the FIFA bonus has already brought fruit to local professionals.  $40,000 US worth of fruit for that matter.  The truth is often right before our eyes, it is on us if we choose to acknowledge it or not.

As for legitimacy...is not in TTFF eyes is in the players eyes.  If the majority of the team not with FPATT how FPATT going to negotiate the contracts?  Perception matters a whole lot for FPATT so if they want people and the players to see the "truth" about how they are focusing mostly on the T&T based players then their press releases and activities should reflect same. I believe they could do a better job on that front but it will ultimately be up to the players and also the general public what they think of FPATT.  If the public sees them as just there to fight with Jack then TTFF will be able to continue shunning them...and don't expect any help from FIFA because they and FIFPro ain't always on good terms.

Whatever criticism they get here is for their own good and should be seen as such. Whatever they decide to do time will be the judge.

All this talk about "the public...the public"...FPATT's mandate isn't the public.  I don't speak for them but I could certainly see a number of reasons why their focus shouldn't be on the public.  That said, to say that they absolutely don't need public support itself would be false.  I'd wager though that FPATT already enjoys the sentimental support of the footballing public because most of us have long grown tired of the corruption and mismanagement of local football.  Others seemingly are either content with the status quo or haven't taken any reasonable appreciation of the exact cost that change will demand.  Discussing the matter over tea and crumpets hasn't worked, nor has other behind the scenes attempts to engage the TTFF, more realistic measures are thus what's being employed.

I believe (based on the meeting with the Pro League) that local footballers have all the information they need for now as to exactly how FPATT can benefit them.  The ball is now in their court to either continue to be paralyzed by fear and succumb to the TTFF's intimidation tactics, or be willing to sacrifice a little for a better end.  Look at the history of player organizations around the world....success never comes easy and the toll exacted on the pioneers is always greatest.  Footballers all of us need to decide just how much they we really want change...and how much they we really want to pay for it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 01:19:19 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #523 on: March 27, 2008, 10:48:57 AM »
They can't control what press releases are carried but launching their website would help because when most of the time the stuff in the papers is about Shaka complaining about flight arrangements for foreign based to come back and overall mostly things concerning the national team or that stupidness about the concacaf check, forgive those of us who may be led to believe that is an indication of their focus.

At the very least they should redirect their web domain to Flex's page here:

http://www.socawarriors.net/FPATT.htm

That shouldn't take more than a minute to do.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #524 on: March 28, 2008, 11:30:29 AM »

time will tell.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: March 28, 2008, 01:22:16 PM »
At the very least they should redirect their web domain to Flex's page here:

http://www.socawarriors.net/FPATT.htm

That shouldn't take more than a minute to do.

I think that's a great suggestion that someone ought to bring to their attention.

Offline Arouca

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
FPATT To Promote Player's Rights
« Reply #526 on: April 15, 2008, 10:48:56 AM »
The Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) in conjunction with the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs will be holding a meeting on tomorrow to help promote the right of players in Trinidad and Tobago.

The meeting will be held at the President’s Box of the Queen’s Park Oval at 2.00 pm. The Ministry, in principle, has already indicated their support of FPATT’s aims and objectives which is in keeping with the ideals of the West Indies Players Association (WIPA) which the Ministry supports.

FPATT president and former TT goalkeeper, Shaka Hislop will be present in a symbolic handover of FPATT’s constitution, three year budget and other relevant documents.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FPATT To Promote Player's Rights
« Reply #527 on: April 15, 2008, 11:02:58 AM »
The Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) in conjunction with the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs will be holding a meeting on tomorrow to help promote the right of players in Trinidad and Tobago.

The meeting will be held at the President’s Box of the Queen’s Park Oval at 2.00 pm. The Ministry, in principle, has already indicated their support of FPATT’s aims and objectives which is in keeping with the ideals of the West Indies Players Association (WIPA) which the Ministry supports.

FPATT president and former TT goalkeeper, Shaka Hislop will be present in a symbolic handover of FPATT’s constitution, three year budget and other relevant documents.
         These are positive signs,when you have the support of departments like this it gives you more teeth,good work Shaka please don't give up. 

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #528 on: April 15, 2008, 11:11:00 AM »
Good news.

Though there is no women's pro league yet, are the women playing on the national team eligible to sign up for FPATT?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 15, 2008, 01:05:39 PM »
Good news.

Though there is no women's pro league yet, are the women playing on the national team eligible to sign up for FPATT?

That's a good question...but amateurs can represent internationally and my guess is that the Assoc. is for professionals?  At any rate one would think that any benefits derived by the national men would similarly apply to the ladies.

btw....great move on the part of FPATT, this is just the start of something big, watch.  FPATT is here to stay whether Jack wants to acknowledge it now or sometime later when he watching from Hell.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 16, 2008, 07:18:22 AM »

The FPATT rubbing it in the TTFF face that they're an honest organization that will turn over there budget to the Ministry

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
FPATT Thread
« Reply #531 on: April 16, 2008, 08:04:38 PM »
Football union vows to end players’ woes.
By Gregory Trujillo (Guardian).

Day-to-day worries of the footballer in T&T will now be something of the past. In highlighting the benefit package for members of the Football Players Association of T&T (FPATT), Shaka Hislop outlined that his organisation will not only be serving national players and professionals but also the women players and those playing as semi professionals.

“We hope to be representing all the players in the country, as well as providing insurance and financial advice,” said Hislop, the FPATT president.

“We will be taking away the day to day worries of the player, who will now be able to focus and play football,” added the former top national goalkeeper at a press conference at the President’s Box, Queen’s Park Oval.

Speaking on the occasion of the handing over of relevant documentation, including a three-year budget and its constitution, to the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs, Hislop noted: “This is a big day for football players in T&T”.

“Every footballer would now have a voice in pursuing their profession.”

Dave Bobb, speaking on behalf of Minister Gary Hunt, who was absent, said the ministry recognised the important efforts made by FPATT.

As of yesterday, FPATT had a membership of 65 registered players.

“I am very confident that when we are up and running this number will increase rapidly,” said Hislop.

In the past, Hislop said, players expected support from the governing TTFF and officials. “When it didn’t come they felt demoralised.”

FPATT handed over a three-year budget to the Ministry and the association hopes to be fully self-supporting thereafter.

“We are exploring a number of commercial opportunities not only here but abroad,” said Hislop, who quit the game not long after playing for T&T in the World Cup in Germany in 2006.

Former national goalkeeper and president of the Football Players Association of T&T,
SHAKA HISLOP (right) hands over documents to DAVE BOBB, assistant Director of Physical Education and Sport in the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs. The documents were requested by Minister Gary Hunt, in order to provide assistance to the organisation.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 02:03:34 AM by Flex »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Football union vows to end players’ woes
« Reply #532 on: April 16, 2008, 08:54:50 PM »
Great story E-man ..... nuff respect Shaka. The beginnings of a shift or swing in the appearance of vulnerability and exploitability of the warriors is being seen .... for male and female players. Cannot underscore enough how crucial this story is. This is one of the true antidotes to the wickedness of Jackula.

E-man, well done again  :applause:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 09:37:45 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 16, 2008, 09:08:03 PM »
brill-f**king-ant!!!!
that is the way to make ttff obsolete!

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 16, 2008, 10:10:22 PM »
i like dis kinna ting.....good over evil

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 16, 2008, 10:17:50 PM »
So what the TTFF have to say now?  Or rather, What does Jack have to say?  Where is their budget?  Bring it on Jack! Bring it on!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 16, 2008, 11:05:10 PM »
Now that is the heart of a True Warrior...   :applause: to you Shaka.
This is big step in a new era for TnT football...
Warrior For Life !!

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 17, 2008, 01:47:08 AM »
" including a three-year budget and its constitution, to the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs"

yet we cant see one dam thing from TTFF
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 17, 2008, 05:48:54 AM »
.....and in a cave somewhere a certain vampire and his croonies are looking on with concern and envy....take dat yuh friggin oppressor!!!......

GO SHAKA....GO FPATT    ..... :applause: :applause:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 17, 2008, 09:10:37 AM »
Great job FPATT. Yuh winning them over one heart at a time.  Come on footballers, show your courage, it takes 2 hands to clap.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>