April 26, 2024, 11:30:04 AM

Author Topic: Any experiences with the Garmin 340  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Any experiences with the Garmin 340
« on: May 07, 2007, 02:03:35 PM »
Or any other Garmin model (or for that matter, any other simple GPS navigation devices). I am thinking of getting the 340 from e-bay based on talking to several taxi drivers and others who make use of such devices. I have also used this and similar models with car rentals The other models seem too costly and the extra features that they offer do not seem to justify the price increase. The 340 seems like a good compromise.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Any experiences with the Garmin 340
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 07:05:04 PM »
Never used the 340....I have used the 301 in the past for work and it sucked azz.

de damn ting sennin man all kinda long long long way dat wasnt necessary
Hopefully the 340 is advanced by leaps and bounds and not a mild upgrade

My opinion, yuh cyah go wrong with Magellan Roadmate.....or of yuh plan to put it in-dash with bluetooth, pioneer is best

Then again, as everyone is aware by now...I really doh know what I does be talkin about at least 90% of de time....so take my chupidness with ah grain ah salt
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 10:09:33 AM »
Never used the 340....I have used the 301 in the past for work and it sucked azz.

de damn ting sennin man all kinda long long long way dat wasnt necessary
Hopefully the 340 is advanced by leaps and bounds and not a mild upgrade

My opinion, yuh cyah go wrong with Magellan Roadmate.....or of yuh plan to put it in-dash with bluetooth, pioneer is best

Then again, as everyone is aware by now...I really doh know what I does be talkin about at least 90% of de time....so take my chupidness with ah grain ah salt

Thanks for the info Dutty. To me, most navigation products/services (whether GPS or Mapquest) can make poor decisions with respect to finding the best route possible. Don't have much info on the Magellan products, I'll do some research. Have you actually used the Magellan, or is this part of your 90% "expertise"?  :D
Again, thanks for the info.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 10:11:13 AM by Cantona007 »
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 10:54:29 AM »
only last friday i had de pleasure of using de garmin and i had no problem.i knew where i was goin,only used it to see if it knew where it was goin.lol.seriously i had no problem.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 04:04:42 PM »
Yeah cantona...I have used the roadmate

Interface is impressive and the directions are accurate..captain kirk and scotty would be impressed (ah bet dat will close de deal)  ;)

Anyway, ah get promoted.. make dat 95% of de time..I really doh ha no clue wuh I does be typin
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>