April 19, 2024, 12:50:01 AM

Author Topic: Shaun Fuentes Thread  (Read 53061 times)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Shaun Fuentes
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2006, 09:58:09 PM »
yeah i met him here in ft laduderdale, he was cool to me,
 and i guess you cant down the man for giving his 100% to his boss, but he could still a lil pong for it from time to time.   ;D

TrinInfinite

« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2006, 10:04:16 PM »
I know dat some people here does go up and down with Fuentes, i do dat already 2 years ago.  But let meh tell allyuh something..de man ALWAYS cool with me whenever I meet him in person eh.

He does be real busy arranging press conferences and interviews..like he was dis rounds..but he search meh out..give me de 4 tickets fuh de competition w ehad tuh name de warriors on de new song..and he make sure ah get in de Press conference and he make sure ah get tuh talk tuh players.

He does read here regular and ah guess he doh post much because ah he position in de TTFF.

But as far as I go....I know he wukking fuh jack and de TTFF and yuh cyar expect de man tuh bad talk he borse.

He real helpful tuh me and he is ah real football fan.

Some may have problems with him, I do to at times, but all in all, nuff respect fuh de help and time in London Shaun and fuh de time and jerseys and introductions tuh de players in Miami during de gold cup.

how come up to now u didnt ask fuentes about de fox sports yet? whappen yuh 4get, schupsssss

fabio

« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2006, 11:00:30 AM »
I know dat some people here does go up and down with Fuentes, i do dat already 2 years ago.  But let meh tell allyuh something..de man ALWAYS cool with me whenever I meet him in person eh.

He does be real busy arranging press conferences and interviews..like he was dis rounds..but he search meh out..give me de 4 tickets fuh de competition w ehad tuh name de warriors on de new song..and he make sure ah get in de Press conference and he make sure ah get tuh talk tuh players.

He does read here regular and ah guess he doh post much because ah he position in de TTFF.

But as far as I go....I know he wukking fuh jack and de TTFF and yuh cyar expect de man tuh bad talk he borse.

Some may have problems with him, I do to at times, but all in all, nuff respect fuh de help and time in London Shaun and fuh de time and jerseys and introductions tuh de players in Miami during de gold cup.

truetrini, one word for shaun.."SUSPECT" d man could be good one day and then ah real arse d next day. ah aint know eh truetrini, but he does act like a woman going through menopause sometimes ras.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2006, 11:08:12 AM »

truetrini, one word for shaun.."SUSPECT" d man could be good one day and then ah real arse d next day. ah aint know eh truetrini, but he does act like a woman going through menopause sometimes ras.

Nah boss ..the man kool. At the same time ...doh expect the man not to have a bad day now and then ....... but he kool.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2006, 11:19:51 AM »
I think sometimes on some issues he is in a tough situation.
I think He wants to help us as much as he can as evident of how he gets Flex reports and pics before anyone else. 
But at the end of the day he works for Jack, perhaps thats why the lack for reports on the Tickets etc.  We have to understand and respect that

Everytime I have sent him a email, hes always replies very courteously and promptly.....except about the tickets  :devil:

anyway i have lots of respect for him and think he has the coolest job in the world which he is very good at.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2006, 11:27:42 AM »
I think sometimes on some issues he is in a tough situation.
I think He wants to help us as much as he can as evident of how he gets Flex reports and pics before anyone else. 
But at the end of the day he works for Jack, perhaps thats why the lack for reports on the Tickets etc.  We have to understand and respect that

Everytime I have sent him a email, hes always replies very courteously and promptly.....except about the tickets  :devil:

anyway i have lots of respect for him and think he has the coolest job in the world which he is very good at.

nah ricky, ill disagree with you there. the tix are a major thing that were not even mentioned once by ttff. i cant respect that, even if jack gave him orders he could still do some PR and crowd control. and he never replies to many people's emails.
Hart for president

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2006, 05:14:31 AM »
Obviously some of us understand Sean's position and some of us don't .

The man works or an organisation that has been INFAMOUS for its lack of communication skills with the fans for the last 10 years or so.

He is only the Press Officer. Not the PRO or Marketing Off.

And we know the kind of ppl he's working for.

Yet wen many in the TTFF wouldn't even recongise this site, Sean was there furnishing us with reports and photos before even the Press in TT had them.

I called him a few years ago to get some tel. numbers for interviews and the man was real courteous and cool.

Mark keep up the good work.

Peace,
VB
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 12:23:31 PM by vb »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2006, 06:45:37 AM »
I eh know if oddas realize, but MUCH ah the info we get live and direk about the team (before it hit the press) comes via Sean.. so nuff props for him on that account. I also agree that the man have limitations when it comes to what he can respond to and what he can't...we know he bosses!

BUT... I have to ask..was there not a press release before the last game that it would be shown in North America? Doh friggin tease man like that boy.. steeps!

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2006, 10:00:40 AM »
but not only did it show in North America...it show in Japan, Austrailia, Alaska, de Amazon Basin, Blue Basin all over de damn place....yuh jes needed ah computer and internet tuh see it. So dey was partly right..... :wavetowel:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2006, 01:44:05 PM »
de man and me good and i will always defend him cause we good like dat. 

too much ah alyuh does hate on de man for no apparent reason and none ah alyuh really know the responsibility of such a position.

i am glad for this report from truetrini.  ah know that he and tallman  had a misunderstanding around the bahrain game but de man was real tie up. 

bless up!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

TrinInfinite

« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2006, 01:52:04 PM »

too much ah alyuh does hate on de man for no apparent reason and none ah alyuh really know the responsibility of such a position.

i am glad for this report from truetrini. ah know that he and tallman had a misunderstanding around the bahrain game but de man was real tie up.

bless up!!

if de man so good, tell him answer de question why de advertise dey showing de game and it didnt show? ask fuentes dat nah, then yuh could talk

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2006, 01:57:34 PM »

i am glad for this report from truetrini. ah know that he and tallman had a misunderstanding around the bahrain game but de man was real tie up.

bless up!!

if de man so good, tell him answer de question why de advertise dey showing de game and it didnt show? ask fuentes dat nah, then yuh could talk

Nobody cares!!!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2006, 02:01:28 PM »
WHY U SO DOTTISH??

U are so narrow minded.  Geez and ages.  How could u blamede man for that? steups!!

U is a total fool.  If shaun really was the way that some ah alyuh want him to be on this site then he would have been out of a job long time!!

ah love it!!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2006, 02:07:44 PM »
WHY U SO DOTTISH??

U are so narrow minded.  Geez and ages.  How could u blamede man for that? steups!!

U is a total fool.  If shaun really was the way that some ah alyuh want him to be on this site then he would have been out of a job long time!!

ah love it!!

who u callin a fool breds, i juss askin why de man didnt answer de question? i neva said he is to blame as the media officer he is entitled to relay de bloody message why we didnt get de game, schupssssssss

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2006, 02:08:40 PM »
Andre, Andre, Andre....day have some people dat does MAKE ting out of...............NUTTIN....an de HARDEST...............oh sorry................de saddest part of it all is dat they does get OTHERS excited wid dem also......so I kno how ya feelin ;D ;D

well said westcoast, well said!!

ah loved dat!!

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2006, 02:09:06 PM »
Insanity= the repeated execution of identical actions, with expectations of different results.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2006, 03:32:47 PM »
dispensing false info in your official press releases is perfectly fine then
Hart for president

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T Players Round-Up, with Shaun Fuentes. (31-May-2006).
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2006, 05:41:08 AM »
Jack’s on the market now.[/size]

Goalie Kelvin Jack is happy to be on the way to a new club. Jack expects to sign before the World Cup as clubs have been in touch with him during the current training camp in Austria. Jack’s contract with Scottish club Dundee ended at the end of the season. “I’m not sad to leave and without knocking Dundee too much maybe Dens Park isn’t the place to be right now. Dundee didn’t offer me a contract and to be honest if I’d been offered one I wouldn’t have signed it. There wasn’t a problem, I just wanted to experience something new. There are good people at Dens and I got on with a lot of them but I look forward to a new challenge,” Jack said.

Scotland says thanks to club manager.[/size]

Jason Scotland will be hoping to get his name on the scoresheet in Germany as he attempts to continue his late season form with St Johnstone FC which he is convinced went a long way in getting him into this country’s 23-man World Cup squad. But after having a work permit appeal turned down while at Dundee United, Scotland is now thankful to Saints boss Owen Coyle for letting him start regularly for his current club.
“I owe the gaffer for the effort he made. I know clubs were sniffing around but they weren’t willing to make the effort. My career was going nowhere and he gave me the chance. I had an okay season. Some games I was on top form and others were not so good. We just need to find a bit more consistency and hopefully we can do that next season,” Scotland said on the weekend.
The former Defence Force man has also become a huge hit with the Scottish fans because of his surname and several of them will be backing the Soca Warriors at the World Cup.

Nobody’s prouder than Dwight.

Captain Dwight Yorke has reminded the media in Graz that he will be the proudest man when he leads this country’s national team onto the pitch in Germany in a few days. Yorke has had to meet several requests for interviews and in most cases, just like head coach Leo Beenhakker, it has been the same stories having to be repeated.
“The only thing I ask is that we give a good account of ourselves and do not become the whipping boys of the competition, getting humiliated five, six and seven-nil. I know how good England are. They have as good a chance as anyone else of winning the World Cup. But how many times have we seen incredible upsets in the World Cup? If we play to our maximum and England are a bit off, who knows?
“I am the leader and the one everyone looks up to. I’ve played at the very top level and won a lot of things. People respect that. I never saw myself as a leader but in this team everyone sees me that way and that’s why the captaincy was handed to me. At 34 years, this is pretty much the icing on the cake,” he said.

No fire without smoke for Latapy.[/size]

Midfielder Russell Latapy does not feel the 2-1 loss to Wales on the weekend is a setback to the build up for the World Cup. Latapy was speaking at the UPC Arena after the game.
“We’re in a no-lose situation,” said Latapy. “We’re already the underdogs and it doesn’t matter what happens. Losing in this friendly wasn’t a setback at all. We want to peak for the World Cup finals, so we are working on our game tactically, as well as getting games under our belts.
“Of course we wanted to win but our preparation is more important. It was a reminder that you can’t give away the ball cheaply in international football. We want to impose ourselves on the finals and play our football. If we do that, and we get a bit of luck, anything could happen.”

I felt out of place - Birchall.

Chris Birchall has admitted that he felt totally out of place during his first stint with the national team during the early half of last year. The Port Vale player said he felt nervous around the same guys who he now shares the same food, jokes and even rooms with today.
“I was really nervous. Not so much about the football but about what the team would make of me. Would the players and fans accept this white boy from England?” he said about his first entry into T&T.
“I didn’t know much about the country and customs yet here I was hoping to play for them. Arriving was a huge culture shock. When I got off the plane, it was roasting—about 35 degrees. So my first thought was that it would be great for a holiday but I didn’t know if I could play football there.”
At present, Birchall couldn’t be less “Trini” than any of the current World Cup team members.
“I think I’m getting more “Trini” by the day. It’s been amazing and I have become one of them in a short space of time.
“Word got around a white guy joining the team for my debut game in June—so there was a real novelty factor at the time. “About 12,000 fans turned up but now, the fact I’m white isn’t a big deal. I’m just another player,” Birchall added.

By: Shaun Fuentes, TTFF Media Man.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
20 Questions with Shaun Fuentes.
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2007, 08:23:15 PM »
20 Questions with Shaun Fuentes.
Trinidad Express.

November 3, 2007

Shaun Fuentes is the Media/Communications officer for the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, National Football Teams and the Caribbean Football Union. He was the youngest Team Media Officer among the 32 Nations at the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany. Fuentes was appointed to the FIFA Media Committee in 2007 and is the youngest serving member on that committee. In his early years, he was adjudged Best Writer for the 1999 Secondary Schools Football League Season. He has also written for several international and local publications and magazines as it relates to football in Trinidad and Tobago. His contributions can also be seen in The Legacy of the Soca Warriors which captures the country's 2006 World Cup experience with several enlightening images including the front cover. Fuentes also recently created a Soca Warriors Youtube channel to allow fans to get up close with the events of T&T football and its international outings with video recordings of his own. Through his involvement with the game, he has travelled widely coming in contact with various lifestyles and cultures globally all experiences which he hopes to pass on back here in T&T.

1. Your greatest joy?
Being part of a T&T representation on the world stage. My passion for country and life. Seeing the needy with a smile on their faces.

2. Your secret fear?
Dying on the road or being a victim of crime.

3. The best advice you have received and from whom?
Make the best of what you have and try and use that to become better - My parents. Follow your heart and make what you think is the best choice for you - that came from Jack Warner back in 2002 when I had been offered a job to work with an English League club. I had to choose between that or staying with the T&T Football Federation. We had just failed to qualify for the 2002 World Cup and things looked grim but I stuck with home four years later I got to experience a World Cup and all the euphoria with it first hand. And here I am today being able to serve at a national and international level.

4. Your most embarrassing moment?
Falling near the finish line in a college marathon hahahaha. It was down a hill and I still have the scars to prove it.

5. Your happiest moment?
I have a few there are ongoing ones being able to get up each day and have all my strengths and be able to work on my weaknesses. November 16, 2005 - Being on the field moments after T&T beat Bahrain to qualify for World Cup 2006.

6. The biggest turn-on in a woman?
Sexiness hahaha and down to earth personality. Of course an easy going personality doesn't necessarily turn you on but it's a factor.

7. The biggest turn-off?
Bad hair, posture and egotism

8. The part of your body you like the most?
My heart it pumps life into me!.

9. The body part you would like to change if given the chance?
None. I'd like being a bit taller though. (laughs)

10. The best book you ever read?
Quite a few.

11. On a second chance, what would be your dream profession?
A songster being able to command an audience of thousands and be heard anytime of day or night fantastic.

12. The thing most people do not know about you?
I used to sing! Yea I was second runner up in Boys Solo 13-15 South Music Festival.

13. Your pet peeve?
Dishonest people, those who lack passion and the others who fight down something good especially if they're not part of it.

14. Your favourite food?
Too many to list I think but wild meat, "blue food", curry duck and I fancy Chinese and Japanese too.

15. The woman you most admire apart from your mother, wife or lover?
I admire women! Respect is a key here too.

16. Your secret personality weapon?
I will not let the secret out here but part of it is my willingness to get things done.

17. Your personal credo?
Just like most, I have goals and I do my best to go about the right way in achieving them. Humble, built with passion and eager for good living.

18. Your irresistible temptation?
My laptop (which doesn't allow me to sleep as much as I want at nights), high energy Soca and good food (laugh). And helping realise the ambitions or benefits of whatever organisation or group I'm involved with.

19. The one place you would like to visit before you die?
Space.

20. Your most elusive goal?
A one on one with the Almighty.

PHOTO: ROBERT TAYLOR
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 05:31:10 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Questions with Shaun Fuentes
« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2007, 08:57:32 PM »
Ppl this guy is a very very very nice guy down to earth and very smart very nice guy
bajanscout

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2007, 09:15:05 PM »
as a trini football follower, i appreciate fuentes work.

thanks 4 d news.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2007, 09:21:05 PM »
Ah wonder what he think about JACK  & SCAMPS ? next time please ask him , he might jus laugh.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2007, 09:33:58 PM »
Ah wonder what he think about JACK & SCAMPS ? next time please ask him , he might jus laugh.

I telling yuh

which one of allyuh hard back man on this site really want to know what does turn Shaun Fuentes on and what does turn him off

more dire questions regarding T&T football should have been asked

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2007, 09:47:28 PM »
Ah wonder what he think about JACK  & SCAMPS ? next time please ask him , he might jus laugh.

I telling yuh

which one of allyuh hard back man on this site really want to know what does turn Shaun Fuentes on and what does turn him off

It was in de Woman magazine part of de Express.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2007, 09:52:19 PM »

I telling yuh

:rotfl:

i guess the source should've been stated but the  locals on the site would know that this came from the Express Woman's Magazine

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2007, 09:52:43 PM »
Actually, I could volunteer maybe 5 much more burnin' questions....

1. Shaunee, wha's yuh favourite TV show?
2. What is your ffffffffffffffffffffffffffavourite colour?
3. When you were young which did mammy put in yuh lunch kit every day fuh school?
  (1) Cannings Tall Twelve? or (2) Solo Apple J?
4. Wha's your second favourite colour!!
5. What do you think of Brittney Spears? ::)

Forumites jess dying to know.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2007, 11:28:51 PM »
I will just stay quiet.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 03:36:04 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2007, 02:50:40 AM »
My God, it must be absoloutely devastating for Shaun to go to work every day. Our sympathy should go out to the poor boy.

13. Your pet peeve?
Dishonest people, those who lack passion and the others who fight down something good especially if they're not part of it.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2007, 03:52:11 AM »
My God, it must be absoloutely devastating for Shaun to go to work every day. Our sympathy should go out to the poor boy.
13. Your pet peeve?
;)
a saying that he must use is
"Present Company Excluded"
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Questions with Shaun Fuentes.
« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2007, 05:51:34 AM »
Big up man like Shaun....

Even though Flex interview with Shaun was way better......  :angel:
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash