March 28, 2024, 03:09:34 PM

Author Topic: Shaun Fuentes Thread  (Read 50475 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Shaun Fuentes Thread
« on: March 23, 2005, 03:55:28 AM »
The Pro-Look, with Shaun Fuentes.[/color]

Atiba Charles attracts UK interest.

W Connection defender Atiba Charles is expected to return to Oldham Athletic for preseason training in July.
The former national Under-23 player, currently with the senior team in Miami, spent two weeks at the club with fellow local player Andre Toussaint earlier this month, and was able to give a good account of himself, particularly during a Reserve game for Athletic which they lost 2-1 to Manchester United.
Scouts from Coventry City and a couple other clubs saw him and have also invited him for trials while word is that Falkirk of Scotland have also expressed willingness to see more of him.
Overall it was a very beneficial experience for me. I thought things went pretty well and the manager at Oldham indicated that he was happy with what he saw, Charles said on the weekend.
Silvio Spann, Marlon Rojas settle.

Defender Marlon Rojas made his first appearance for MLS side Real Salt Lake in a 2-2 draw with Colorado Rapids on Saturday.
The former Police and Joe Public player set up the equalising goal for forward Jason Kreis in the 70th minute.
Rojas has been with the team for the past week after recovering from a hamstring injury and is now fully fit for T&Ts match against Guatemala on Saturday.
Things have gone really good. I am settling down in the city itself and preparations with the team have gone well. We have some really decent players in the team like Jason Kreis and Andy Williams out of Jamaica, Rojas said.
Meantime, young midfielder Silvio Spann is coming off three appearances with Yokohama FC in the Japanese Pro League. He is making his return to the T&T line up since his last appearance in the World Cup qualifying semi-final round last year.
The league there is very fast paced and as such Ive got to be on my toes right through and stay injury free. The quality is good as well which makes it a very competitive League but so far Ive fitted in well with the team and my hope is just continue keeping my game up both for them and the national team, Spann said after training with the T&T team for the first time on Monday.
Fans call for Shaka Hislop.

Goalkeeper Shaka Hislop is currently the number one choice goalkeeper for T&T and maybe its about time that Portsmouth put him back in that position if they intend to stop their losing streak.
Thats what the Pompey fans have been calling for as Greek goalie Kostas Chalkias continues to concede goals. So far the former Panathinaikos keeper has let in 13 goals in six matches since taking Hislops place in January.
I would be delighted to get back into the team. Ive always kept myself prepared to play again. But I dont make these decisions and am prepared for whatever happens. The manager hasnt spoken to me,said Hislop who is with the T&T side for the upcoming World Cup qualifier against Guatemala.
The situation at Portsmouth is a tight one at the moment but Ill see how it goes over the rest of the season. Im pretty confident that things will work its way out.
Kenwyne Jones stays with Stoke.

Kenwyne Jones has scored two goals in six appearances for Stoke City and has agreed to stay with the club on loan until the end of the season.
Jones has also been on loan at Sheffield Wednesday where he ripped up the scoring charts and has been doing well at Stoke as well.
But he has his sights set on returning and establishing himself in the Premiership with Southampton.
I have agreed to stay with Stoke but my plan is to return to Southampton because the Premiership is where I really want to play,Jones said on Monday.
But Stoke is in a relatively comfortable position and I have settled in there as well. The goals havent come as freely as when I was at Sheffield but Ive managed to get a couple and hopefully I can go back and help to some good results.
Carlos Edwards to come better.

Carlos Edwards remains keen to sign a new contract with English League One side Wrexham.
Having returned from a serious knee injury earlier this year, Edwards said that he will take some time to start ripping on the flanks again with Wrexham two spots from the bottom of the table.
It hasnt been easy so far but Im getting there,
Edwards said on Monday.
Wrexham are not in the best of positions but hopefully we can survive but I also have some options that will be available to me so the most important thing is getting myself back into top shape, he added.
I have a series of matches to go into for the national team and I am hoping that Ill be whipping them in constantly. I think were in with a good chance of picking up some points in these next two games.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:15:12 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fuentes interviews with some players before today big game
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 12:49:01 PM »
www.guardian.co.tt

Shaka to bounce back...says Ince

Clayton Ince is backing compatriot Shaka Hislop to stand tall between the sticks for the ‘Warriors’ against Costa Rica today.

The Portsmouth custodian conceded a soft goal in Saturday’s 5-1 defeat as Guatemala recorded their biggest home win in World Cup qualifiers.

Ince, who sat on the bench, remained optimistic about Hislop’s and T&T’s future.

“I feel the hurt even though I was on the bench. We have to put that aside and improve. As a goalkeeper you always tend to pick up on your errors and make sure it doesn’t occur again. Shaka is a strong guy and he’s going to bounce back,” Ince said.

“Once required I’ll be there. It’s not a situation where there are number one and number two goalkeepers, we are both first call and it’s just up to the coach to use whichever one on the day.”

Sam hungry for goals

He’s been in good form of late for Wrexham in the English League Two and now he’s eager to get his name among the scorers for this country in World Cup action.

Hector Sam was a second half replacement for Leslie Fitzpatrick against Guatemala but was unable to have any impact on the scoreline. Now he’s desperate to hit the old onion bag.

“I’m just pumped up to get something in the net for my country. My last goal was against St Vincent last year and I haven’t done much more than that for some time and now is when it really matters. Hopefully we can all get it right on the day,” Sam said.

With Wrexham struggling to avoid relegation, Sam, Carlos Edwards and Dennis Lawrence may just well be playing their football elsewhere if the opportunity arises. Edwards looks more likely to move up to a higher ranked club but Sam is also hoping for a good call.

“It’s been well documented that Wrexham have been struggling especially with the administration situation but we’ll see how it goes from here. You always aim to play at a high ranked club and hopefully something will fall in our favour,” Sam said.

Glen gunning again

Guns blazing today. That’s what speedy striker Cornell Glen has on his mind ahead of today’s crucial 2006 World Cup qualifier against Costa Rica.

Glen missed the loss to Guatemala after failing to recover in time for Saturday’s match. He was however declared fit and appeared for Dallas FC in a 2-1 win over Colorado Rapids and is back in the T&T team for today’s game.

“I got the chance to come on against the USA and I was then looking forward to playing against Guatemala before the injury. That left me really disappointed but I’ll get my chance again hopefully on Wednesday. I know we are in need of some goals and points and it feels good to come back at a time when the team is in need of something inspiring which hopefully I can help bring. The Costa Ricans are always known for playing with pace but I believe that once we can put our heads together and get our feet down, there’s no reason why we can’t pull it off,” Glen said.

Rojas ready

Real Salt Lake defender Marlon Rojas is carded to line up for his club against New York/New Jersey Metrostars on the weekend. But he’s more interested in playing today against Costa Rica.

Rojas was a starter in the 2-1 loss to United States last month but was on the bench on Saturday and is keen to get back among the starters having recovered from a hamstring injury.

“I am one hundred percent ready again. The coach is the one who decides whether I play or not and when I’m called I’ll be ready,” Rojas said.

“We are accustomed to these situations and it’s a matter of us being able to rebound against Costa Rica. Deep down I believe the guys all want to get it right in this one.”

Pierre wants better this time

He was in the starting team which lost 2-0 to Costa Rica in the return match of the 2002 World Cup qualifiers at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. Today, a fitter and more experienced Anton Pierre wants to help T&T to three points which will be more than the team had at the time of meeting the Costa Ricans back in 2002 when six games in the final round were already completed.

“This game is probably the most important of my career because it has much more significance than 2001,” Pierre said. “I think now being able to be in the squad is an achievement but it’s more than that now because we have to get into the habit of beating teams. I’m confident that we can bounce back but it’s going to be hard and we must be prepared for a rough battle.”

The likes of Nigel Pierre, Arnold Dwarika, Nigel Henry, Keyeno Thomas, Angus Eve, Leslie Fitzpatrick, Silvio Spann, Atiba Charles, Brent Sancho, Stern John, Kenwyne Jones and others are all carrying the same thoughts ahead of what is undoubtedly the most crucial game up to this point of the campaign.

Shaun Fuentes is the press officer for the CFU/TTFF—email shaunfuentes@yahoo.com

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TnT Players Round-Up, With Shaun Fuentes.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 03:09:46 AM »
Leo to decide on Gold Cup squad by next week.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Leo Beenhakker will make a decision by the beginning of next week on his selection of players to represent this country at the 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup in the United States next month.
Beenhakker is likely to take a 20-man squad to Ft Lauderdale from June 27 for a training camp ahead of T&T’s opening fixture against Honduras on July 6 and he sees the upcoming three Group stage matches as useful warm ups before the second half of T&T’s final round World Cup qualifying campaign. The provisional list released by CONCACAF is not an indication of T&T’s  squad for the tournament as Beenhakker may have other options as well.
The team’s progress within the last month was also evident in the latest FIFA World Rankings released which showed a four-place jump for the “Warriors” to 58th spot.
The Dutch-born coach also held a meeting with goalkeeper Clayton Ince on Tuesday but there has been no indication of an automatic reinstatement for the Crewe Alexandra custodian following his late call for leave from the team before it headed off to Monterrey last Monday for the qualifier against Mexico.
Ince has since stated that he wants to return to the team but Beenhakker is yet to say whether he will consider him for the Gold Cup. Team manager Bruce Aanensen stated that there has been no indication from Beenhakker on whether Ince will be in the Gold Cup squad, though adding that “the coach has indicated that the door is not closed on him”.
“There’s  a big advantage for us now with the Gold Cup at this stage of our campaign because at least it gives me a chance to work with the guys for at least a couple weeks. I think we can make good preparations out of the first three matches. Of course our intention is to win but the bigger picture is obviously the World Cup and we will use this to build ourselves into an even better team,” Beenhakker told TTFF Media.
Team skipper Dwight Yorke has spoken of there “ being a good attitude and togetherness among the guys,”  which obviously Beenhakker wants to maintain whether there may be one or two changes to the team for matches coming up.
Yorke has held open discussions with players in front of team officials on terms and conditions and this has gone down well with those concerned.
“The team is enjoying a good momentum right now and we intend to keep this up right until the end of the campaign. I think we will be an even far better prepared team for the next match,” Yorke said.
In related news, striker Hector Sam has been offered a new deal by Wrexham and is expected to let them know this week whether he will in fact continue his career at the club.
Sam was second half substitute in T&T's 2-0 loss to Mexico on Wednesday and returned to London along with some of his other teammates following the match.
Sam, scorer of 12 goals for the club last season including a hattrick against Oldham Athletic, has been made the new offer and according to agent Mike Berry, should make a decision soon on whether he will stay there. Teammate Dennis Lawrence is still attached to Wrexham but Carlos Edwards has already left the club, taking up a new offer from Championship League side Luton Town.
News from the 15th of June 2005.
Falkirk keeps track of Atiba Charles.

Fresh from double appearances in T&T’s last two World Cup qualifiers, defender Atiba Charles is awaiting word on his overseas career.
The Vibe CT 105 W Connection man is expected to be in the UK on pre-season training later this month but duties at the Gold Cup could keep him doubtful.
He has been recalled by Oldham Athletic but Russell Latapy’s Scottish First Division champions Falkirk also expressed an interest in him.
“I have a few clubs interested and the period coming up will be important for me. I think I have only gotten better in the last few games which I played for the country and this is great news for me and the clubs hopefully. I thought we played a good organised game against Mexico but we just let up at the end and allowed them to get two goals.
But I am confident that we will just get better as a team especially with the Gold Cup coming at this time and come August we will be well prepared for the United States and other teams to follow,” Charles said on Sunday.
While Falkirk is eyeing Charles, his national team-mate defender Marvin Andrews is also gearing for another big season. Andrews and striker Jason Scotland are currently back home enjoying some much needed rest along with another national defender Dennis Lawrence. Andrews’ Glasgow Rangers will be in Canada for pre-season next month.
Silvio Spann anxious for Gold Cup.

Forced to miss out on T&T’s last two World Cup qualifiers against Panama and Mexico because his club refused to release him for earlier preparations, midfielder Silvio Spann is now hoping to make an impression on coach Leo Beenhakker during the 2005 Concacaf Gold Cup.
Spann said on Monday that Yokohoma FC in the Japanese League should be on break in July which will allow him the chance to play for the “Warriors” once selected.
“I am really happy to hear the team has been doing well. It shows that with good guidance and hard work that we definitely can be successful. Hopefully I can get a chance to be part of that now with the Gold Cup coming up,” Spann said.
Brent Rahim searching for club.

Midfielder Brent Rahim, coming off a reasonably good second half performance in the recent match against Mexico, has returned to London in search of a new club after being released by Falkirk at the end of last season. The talented player has some options to consider including an offer from American MLS side LA Galaxy.
“I am hoping to find something which would obviously allow me a lot more playing time than I had in Scotland. There are a couple clubs interested but I have to make a firm decision and take it from there,”Rahim said.
Defender Brent Sancho is also hoping to make a new move with the likes of Nottingham Forest, Falkirk and Motherwell knocking on his doors.
Dwight Yorke wants to get fitter.

Still regarded as one of the fittest players on the National team, skipper Dwight Yorke says he’s heading off to Sydney where he will attempt to improve his fitness level ahead of the new A-League season with Sydney FC.
T&T head coach Leo Beenhakker will no doubt be happy with hearing that ahead of Yorke’s return to the “Warriors” line up for the August 17 World Cup qualifier away to United States.
“My new career down in Australia is about to kick off and I’m really excited about it,” Yorke said before leaving the Sheraton Hotel in Monterrey on his way to London last Thursday.
“I have some stuff to take care of in England and then head down to Sydney. I can’t wait to get there. It’s a new challenge in my career. “Pre-season starts on July 1 and I’ll be working extremely hard to stay fit and get things started with my new club.
“Hopefully it would do me good on my return to the National team for the next game against America. I think all our guys will be coming back even fitter and ready for the remaining games,” Yorke added.
Sydney FC meantime, defeated AS Magenta 2-0 to win the Oceania Club Championship last weekend which means they will take part in the FIFA World Club Championship in Japan in December.
Port Vale worried over midfielder Chris Birchall.

Port Vale manager Martin Foyle is expressing fears over the fitness of midfielder Chris Birchall when the time comes for him to represent Port Vale at the start of the new English season in August.
Following Birchall’s recent impact with the T&T National team, Foyle said he was happy to see the youngster making a name for himself in the “Warriors” strip but feels he needs to look closely at his physical state with the Concacaf Gold Cup coming up early next month.
“Chris has done well for them, although he is absolutely shattered.
“When he comes back we will sit down and discuss what is best for him.
“He still has a lot to learn in his game, but he has done well playing 28 games in his first year. After that he probably needed a rest, so this has probably done him no favours, but I am delighted for Chris,” Foyle said on Friday. Vale open their season on August 6, less than two weeks before T&T’s crucial World Cup qualifier away to United States on August 17.
Birchall is hoping to keep his momentum up. “It was devastating for us not to have come away with at least a point in Mexico after we played so well. “It’s been a helluva two weeks for me with these two World Cup games and hopefully I can only get better with the team and we should be up for the match against American,” he said.
Jabloteh slams Defence Force 7-0 in Pro league.
By: Nigel Simon (Guardian).
[/color]

Kerry Noray scored a hat-trick while Josh Johnson and substitute Nigel Codrington added two late goals for CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh in a 7-0 mauling of Defence Force in the T&T Professional Football League Senior Division League yesterday.
Noray got his goals in the 29th, 41st and 51st minute while Johnson fired in his goals in the 48th and 68th.
Codrington, a 77th minute replacement for Aurtis Whitley, added his items in the 82nd and 87th minute.
The margin of defeat for Defence Force could have been much bigger but for the heroics of former national goalkeeper Ross Russell, who came out of retirement to stand in goal for his team, currently without the services of Selwyn George and Cleon John.
With the win, Jabloteh joined Defence Force in third spot with 11 points from seven matches, 10 adrift of leaders W Connection who were 3-0 winners over United Petrotrin.
The “Savonetta Boys” won the seventh straight league match, via a double from Kendall Davis and one from team captain Earl Jean at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella.
Caledonia AIA/Fire moved into second spot with 13 points after a 4-1 whipping of Tobago United at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Marabella.
Handell Manswell got AIA/Fire’s first item in the 54th minute before teammates, Densill Theobald (77th), Titus Elva (85th penalty) and Abdullah Phillip (87th) added their name to the score-sheet. Dave Charles was the lone player on target for winless Tobago United.

Yesterday’s Senior Division PFL results:

W Connection 3 (Kendall Davis 2, Earl Jean) vs United Petrotrin 0.

San Juan Jabloteh 7 (Kerry Noray 29th, 41st, 51st, Josh Johnson 48th, 68th, Nigel Codrington 82nd, 87th) vs Defence Force 0.

Caledonia AIA Fire 4 (Handell Manswell 54th, Densill Theobald 77th, Titus Elva pen 85th, Abdullah Phillip 87th) vs Tobago United 1 (Dave Charles).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 04:35:26 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TnT Players Round-Up, With Shaun Fuentes.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 05:46:39 AM »
So it looks like Yorke missing de Gold Cup to train with Sydney.  Hopefully one of the younger strikers will get the chance to step up and prove themselves.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 05:57:39 AM »
Hope he atleast come back 7 days before we play USA. 3 days alone to recover from Sydney.

Ah see like Rahim might end up at the club he once turned down, I hope things work out for him, he needs the games, MLS might do him good.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 06:29:52 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 10:29:26 AM »

Spann not in the preliminary squad for the Gold Cup.

Preliminary rosters unveiled for 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup™

So when they announce the final squad they can add players?

Rahim should go LA one time since the season already going on and he could play one time.  He could sign a one year if he still want to go back Europe later but he need to be playing.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 10:51:49 AM »
Doh study that CONCACAF report, its not accurate...

RE: "Preliminary GC Squad"

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 11:09:26 AM »
dats why all ah we does come here tuh get all the factual info from SocaWarriors online......is only you Flex dat could gih we the truth

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Prolook with Shaun Fuentes
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 05:05:31 AM »
Trinidad Guardian

Latapy looks to a memorable ending

Returning national soccer midfielder Russell Latapy says he intends to finish his international career with pleasant memories and he is intent on helping T&T to get to a World Cup final before he hangs up his playing boots.

Latapy revealed on Monday that he is willing to return home to be in the national team for T&T’s next two World Cup qualifiers against Guatemala (September 3) and Costa Rica (September 7) in the first instance, after being convinced by FIFA vice-president Jack Warner and his pal, Dwight Yorke, that his services are sorely needed by the country.

And Latapy, now back with Falkirk in the Scottish top flight, added to reporters that he’s now having a time on the pitch.

“Maybe it seems as though I’m enjoying it more, and maybe I am, because I’m kinda seeing the light at the end of the tunnel,” he grinned.

“I don’t know how long I’m going to be able to play at the highest level, so I’m really enjoying the last of it. One of the reasons I didn’t quit when I left Rangers is because your last memories of the game stick with you for a long time and I want them to be positive,” Latapy said.

Those words can surely be an indication that the way in which he hung up his T&T shirt in 2001 never really left his mind and now the “Little Magician” is hoping to finish his international playing career with flourish.

“The country needs me now and I’m definitely up for playing at a time when I’ve been asked to come back and make this sort of contribution,” Latapy added.

The Scottish media continues to stress that Latapy is the main force in the Falkirk team these days.

Wise signs new deal in Germany

Evans Wise of T&T is once again back on the overseas professional circuit.

The left-side player, known for his eye-catching dribbling ability, signed with German Third Division club Waldhof Mannheim earlier this month, after being a free agent from September 2004 when he last played for Wacker Burgerhausen.

Wise said he went back to his family in Washington DC to take care of some personal business but has re-entered the football scene and is even hoping to get a look from national head coach Leo Beenhakker.

“I have been a free agent since September 2004 when I ended my last stint in Germany. I took time off to go back to DC to handle some personal business, but now I’m back on the playing field and I’m enjoying my football again with Waldhof,” Wise said.

So far, Wise has appeared in the two matches the Waldhof team has played so far this season, winning one and drawing the other.

Nelson off to Australia

Tobago-born striker Kevin Nelson took a gruelling 48-hour plane trip for the chance to have a trial with Adelaide United in Australia last week.

The former T&T Under-23 player arrived “Down Under” on Friday and is under consideration at United, to take the place of retired midfielder Aurelio Vidma.

The 26-year-old Tobagonian is hoping to join Dwight Yorke as the second T&T player to play in the Australian League.

He played with Ottawa Wizards in Canada and has also had stints in Belgium, Venezuela and England.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Prolook with Shaun Fuentes
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 09:49:24 AM »
Aye aye, WISE get another contract.. Wha.. He nuh easy ! I wonder if he can still dribble!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 09:53:53 AM »
We need to bring back Wise too....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2005, 09:57:03 AM »
Glad to see he is still around. It's all well and good he can dribble but can he do so without getting BAT from the next man, or dribble and score.
I remember Denilson for Brazil, fantastic ability and dribbling skills, but never really excelling like his temamates Cafu Rivaldo, Ronaldo.

I see Wise like that. Keep in mind this is a Thrid Dvision Team, hey but we need a man on the left so like fabien say bring he back too ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 09:59:49 AM by grskywalker »

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2005, 10:02:35 AM »
Hahahaha.. YEA RIGHT!!!  ;D ;D ;D
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Pro-Players Round-Up, with Shaun Fuentes.
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 02:37:22 AM »
Two towers of strength for T&T.

Dennis Lawrence and Marvin Andrews, has grown into the one of the more formidable partnerships on the national team. And the benefits of this development over the last five years need to be.
The T&T defence pair, expressed more than ever today, when the Warriors play Mexico at the Hasely Crawford Stadium at 8 p.m. Lawrence is now at Wrexham FC, while Andrews is attached to Scottish Premier League champions Glasgow Rangers. They have been regulars in the T&T team during the qualifying campaign. They are also regular room-mates in the T&T live in camps. You see them boarding the flights and even going for meals one behind the other.

Good understanding.

“Myself and Dennis have a good understanding on and off the field. On the field it’s easy, because we play a similar position and off the field we’re room-mates and really good friends,” Andrews said on the eve of T&T’s match against Mexico.
“We just try to give our best every time to help the situation whatever it may be. It’s not just about me and Dennis though, because we just try to do our part to benefit the team.
“We’ve been playing together all the time. Once you get used to someone, we both know our strengths and weaknesses and this goes back to when Ian Porterfield put us together back in 2000 and that’s already five years and counting.
” It’s no disrespect to anyone by saying that we feel comfortable with each other, because I have played a similar role with guys like Brent Sancho and have also been comfortable. But myself and Dennis have done it longer and we can trust each other.”
Asked if he could recall when their partnership began turning into something special, Andrews was unsure, but Lawrence quickly held up an old newspaper clipping which highlighted T&T’s 1-0 win over Mexico back in July 2000, saying:
“We try to build a team and sometimes this starts with a team-mate and building relationships. It doesn’t take too much, but we have been playing for two qualifying campaigns now.
“Doggy just lets me do my thing and I let him do the same. The main thing is encouraging each other. It’s not just between us, but over a squad of 21 players.
“Fortunately, one of the good partnerships has been myself and Marvin and now you can probably look at Spann and Carlos. ”We talk a lot on the phone when we’re outside in the UK, maybe even to just have a laugh.”
Aurtis Whitley: It’s always special.
[/size]

Despite being left out of the starting team in Saturday’s win over Panama, CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh midfielder Aurtis Whitley says he’s not dropping his shoulders once he’s wearing the red, white and black.
The former Malick SC player has been starting since the introduction of Leo Beenhakker as head coach, but was asked to sit on the bench, with Densill Theobald taking his place in the starting team.
“It’s not something that got me disappointed because I know the coach is making the call for the good of the team. I was grateful for getting a chance to play in the second half and the most important thing is we got the result.
“ I believe we can do it again on Wednesday against Mexico and whether I’m on the pitch or on the bench it will still be the same special feeling,” Whitley said.
Densill Theobald Scotland bound.

Falkirk boss John Hughes is hopeful of signing national midfielder Densill Theobald, but has hinted that the deal may not come through until after Christmas, according to reports coming out of Scotland on the weekend.
Through the efforts of Russell Latapy, Theobald was on trial at Falkirk last month and impressed Hughes. But it appears that the club is still sorting out a package and a work permit will also have to be obtained for the Caledonia AIA Fire man.
“Densill is young, has great vision and passing ability - you can see that after two minutes,” Hughes said. “He is a full international, but we need to see what the situation is with the work permit. We’re at the first stage and need to see if he qualifies.
“I also need to sit down with my board of directors and work out what we can do. Money is tight, so we need to see if we can come to some kind of arrangement with his club.
“We could take him until Christmas and see what we think of him and what he thinks of us,” added Latapy’s former team-mates at Hibernian.
Chris Birchall’s mom here for match.

As promised by TTFF special advisor Jack Warner back in May when Chris Birchall made his debut for T&T against Peruvian club Alianza Lima, Jennifer, mother of the Port Vale star, along with his father will see their son in action against Mexico today.
Birchall’s parents arrived on Saturday for a one-week stay and are thrilled to get the chance to see him play for T&T in such a crucial World Cup qualifier.
“It’s just such an amazing feeling to have them here for such a massive game,” Birchall said. “It seems that they are even more excited than I am, but it does mean a lot to me to have them here.
“They are definitely backing us all the way and for them, just like me, it’s like a dream come true,” Birchall said.
Not much to get Dwight Yorke ready.
[/size]

Picture yourself waking up each morning, down for breakfast with the rest of the team and then off to the training field to prepare for your next match for T&T.
Further, try to put yourself in a position with that on your mind, as you leave Sydney FC to journey to the other side of the world for one day of action that really matters.
You know that a place in the next World Cup is at stake, but you also know you have to get by Panama and the mighty Mexicans. Can you really be adequately ready both mentally and physically for such an outing?
Well, l for skipper Dwight Yorke, it doesn’t take much to get psyched up.
“I just see it something I always dream of, even since I was a kid growing up wanting to be a professional footballer, which is something that I have achieved.
“ I have wanted to play at the highest level, which I have reached to an extent, but I have always wanted to play in a World Cup, which I haven’t achieved,” Yorke said on Saturday night after T&T’s 1-0 win over Panama.
“This is the one last chance for me at age 33 going on 34. It doesn’t take a lot of motivation for me personally to do well in games, because you know this is football and this is what you dream of.
“You always just want to give everything that is left in your legs.
“The team is bonding well and, as you say, there’s a good vibes in the team. Hopefully all our hard work will come good on Wednesday.”
And preparing to give your all when you know another yellow card could rule you out of the big match versus Mexico is no easy thing neither.
“It’s difficult, but you put it at the back of your head and try not to let it affect your game too much. Now I’m involved in the game on Wednesday and we can take it from here,” the Sydney star concluded.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 03:54:43 AM by Flex »

truetrini

Shaun Fuentes
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 09:42:01 AM »
allyuh should ahve ah little more respect fuh Shaun Fuentes.

Allyuh quick to big-up de site and rightfully so, but many times we does scoop de Guardian and express becasue ah shaun fuentes.

Give de man some credit and stop de hating.

Ah know sometimes we does feel like he eh giving nuff info, but allyuh have to rememebr Jack is he borse and de man have to be smart!

Shaun max respect breds.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Shaun Fuentes
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2005, 09:43:02 AM »
BIG UP FUENTES AND THANKS FOR THE GOLD CUP TICKETS TOO :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2005, 01:03:28 PM »
Shaun has been a great source for news and his photo section is also excellent. He has been very supportive in that area by sending me news everyday...

Thank you Shaun....
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 01:11:54 PM by Flex »

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2005, 01:09:56 PM »
I agree totally. The man have to juggle being a fan and working for Jack. So I feel sometime men could cut him a little slack.

Ms que un club.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2005, 01:11:38 PM »
was there some negativity directed at Fuentes on this site?
who said what? when? and where?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2005, 01:29:24 PM »
was there some negativity directed at Fuentes on this site?
who said what? when? and where?

Good question!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2005, 01:30:33 PM »
i cant remember any ??

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2005, 01:33:57 PM »
This should just be an acknowledgment post for Shaun’s hard work...

Giving props....

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2005, 01:35:37 PM »
i am mostly grateful for the pictures he sent us especially in panama where we needed it the most. :beermug:

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2005, 01:36:42 PM »
well in that case
Keep up the good work Fuentes, especially the pics.  :applause:

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2005, 02:04:42 PM »
For real.  Big up the little man.  Thanks Shaun.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2005, 07:41:32 PM »
Shaun Fuentes pics is like water in a desert.

PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSSS !
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2005, 09:33:05 PM »
BIG UP SHAUN I REMEMBER A LIL WHILE AGO U HAD REGISTERED AND WAS POSTING AN TING TO RUFF UP MAN WAM TO U NOW??
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2005, 10:29:12 PM »
I was talking to him the other night aand he list some of the countries he went to with the national team. The man has probably been to every country barring some obscure places in Eastern Europe and Alaska and them no footblall place. This from a man who was a lowly writer in the Guardian to working for Jack and travelling with the national team everywhere.

He hit meh a story they bout the lapse in police presence after the game. Real jubilation in the dressing room and 2 drunkards come in the room and start to belittle Stern bout the missed penatly. Yuh know the 2 men go get some heavy Copa and Predator to head before the police go finally carry them out.

Ms que un club.

Offline ladywarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2005, 12:52:56 AM »
 Way to go Shaun. Great hustle with the interviews and photos. You are more than just a PR guy, you ask the questions we want to know the answers too and you often touch on things we haven't thought of. Great job keeping the fanatics informed!
The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2005, 03:53:02 AM »
I only met Shaun last month and I can say this young man is an example of hard work, respect and intelligence.
Also is real hours in a day he puts in.
Ah wonder if Jack does pay de man OT ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

1]; } ?>