March 28, 2024, 03:21:57 PM

Author Topic: Shaun Fuentes Thread  (Read 50479 times)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Questions with Shaun Fuentes
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2007, 10:31:36 AM »
Actually, I could volunteer maybe 5 much more burnin' questions....

1. Shaunee, wha's yuh favourite TV show?
2. What is your  ffffffffffffffffffffffffffavourite colour?
3. When you were young which did mammy put in yuh lunch kit every day fuh school?      
    (1) Cannings Tall Twelve?  or (2) Solo Apple J?
4. Wha's your second favourite colour!!
5. What do you think of Brittney Spears?  ::)

Forumites jess dying to know.

dreamer that is exactly what I was thinking when I reading this interview....men and dem diggin' out yuh eye and yuh smiling and talkin bout 'he is a down to earth fella', he doin a good job diggin out muh eye.  cyah even tell we when ttff elections is - the only real news we ever want to know about ttff for the last umpteen how long, or the NEWS on if we have a blacklist still goin' on or not.  Anybody have any evidence that this guy does anything besides write down the propaganda jack warner wants to feed us? I am sure jack warner's plan is much more trustworthy and sincere coming from a nice guy like shaun.  worth a paycheck right?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Questions with Shaun Fuentes.
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2007, 10:37:50 AM »
he works for Jackula, therefore he is PAID to do what Jackula wants him to do...Simple Fact
and to be fair, he does do many GOOD things for the Football Fan..

on a personal level, though, there is no way in HELL that I would be able to do what he does.......let the truth be told.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2007, 10:40:56 AM »
My God, it must be absoloutely devastating for Shaun to go to work every day. Our sympathy should go out to the poor boy.

13. Your pet peeve?
Dishonest people, those who lack passion and the others who fight down something good especially if they're not part of it.

[/b]

This is an interesting answer for a man who have to work so closely with Jack Warner.  You think he wink at Tallman when he give that answer?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2007, 08:11:52 PM »
They forgot "why you so inept at giving the public real information?"
Hart for president

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2007, 11:13:01 PM »
as a trini football follower, i appreciate fuentes work.

thanks 4 d news.

well said

i very much appreciate the work he does as well..

big up man!!! :beermug:

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 21, 2007, 08:57:15 AM »
Met Shaun once, very cool guy.....

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2007, 07:38:54 PM »
Me personally, jess wha' Fuentes to be more honest when we Warriors future at stake and not be de mouthpiece of any exploitation. Apart from dat plenty kudos for all de nice pictures an' stuff during quiet season. But trouble coming soon wit' de arbitration verdict and I eh go be surprise if we see a dutty side despite de gentle demeanor. Respec'
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2007, 05:25:48 AM »
Me personally, jess wha' Fuentes to be more honest when we Warriors future at stake and not be de mouthpiece of any exploitation.
ya know he cyar do dat, as he gobe pounding de pavement as Jackula would fire he arse one time.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shaun Fuentes reports on T&T women team.
« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2010, 01:19:36 PM »
What's going on with our national Women Football teams is nothing new to me,all our teams at the various age levels are underprepared for big tournaments,we have been hearing these excuses and of these problems for a number of years but they all fall on deaf ears because no one cares about Women Football.

I think Jamaal should be doing better by now for the amount of years he holding that position,every course it have in T&T he on it what excuse does he have.

It's the same thing was going on with the men,now Lincoln step in and trying to put things in place,the same should be done with the women,programs have to be run for them in the areas of Techniques and Tactics,teams must be put together earlier to prepare for tournaments,why is just one Coach coaching all our women teams?i've always said something just does not sound right here.

If you all think the mens team have problems that's a joke to what's going on with our women,the treatment they get and people want to look at the results when they play and wonder why,very rear you hear about their complaints because these ladies want to represent T&T,it's the same thing the men went through.

All i want to say here is if the Women's program is to improve we have to be more serious,if the Mexican Coach can see it why can't we,at the moment our girls just play with their feet and not their heads.

Coops boy you know how tings does go with de TFA, TTFA, TTFF or Jack Warner ...all de same to me ! Team selection is about loyalty. keep your mouth shut, say yes when it is needed and you will go far. You kyah remember when Look Loy was de youth team coach ? On departure he announced that we were ready...when he returned, he mentioned that we were outcoached...de first man to admit his shortcomings ... He was later made Tec. director of football. Shabazz and de like,  just blame everyone and everything else but themselves but do they get replaced ...naaaahhhhhhh ....
remember camps described BSC as technically inept after our early Gold Cuip exit ? yet he was later placed in charge of our WC effort without any upgrading of his skills ??? games boy games !

we just lucky we in  de world cup now because for the first time the TTFF is being called to account on line !

imagine this discussion ...seems like only yesterday ...but is more than 4 years ago ...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Shaun Fuentes reports on T&T women team.
« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2010, 01:34:03 PM »
imagine this discussion ...seems like only yesterday ...but is more than 4 years ago ...

Yeh Jai, same tune in truth
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Public apology to Shaun Fuentes.
« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2010, 12:12:15 PM »
Public apology to you Shaun Fuentes. I thrash you in public and its only fair I credit you and apologise in public too.

Fair is fair, yuh do good, you get compliments. Flex is my good friend and I was happy to see the interview you did with him on the T&T Guardian Today. I underestimate you, sorry...

Respect meh boy !!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Public apology to Shaun Fuentes.
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2010, 09:05:17 AM »
Can't find the article...Please post it.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2010, 03:14:44 PM »
I saw it in the offline version of the Guardian......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
I cool with Shawn ever sense ,I asked for any game footage and training clips and he did it .

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2010, 06:16:18 AM »
Shaun has been cool for quite some time.

Years ago, needed some phone numbers of football ppl in TT and he gave it to me no problem.

Has been giving us scoops for years now ahead of the Press in TT.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2011, 09:03:39 AM »
Just for the record guys...

I was offered by Shaun Fuentes to be part of the media coverage of the U-17 Women's World Cup but denied it because they wanted me for the entire tournament and I could not have committed to it because of my job. I was very thankful for the invitation by Shaun.

He also mailed me a copy of the Guardian the article with me was published on and I am also grateful for that.

Thanks Shaun.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2011, 09:19:19 AM »

I was offered by Shaun Fuentes to be part of the media coverage of the U-17 Women's World Cup but denied it because they wanted me for the entire tournament and I could not have committed to it because of my job. I was very thankful for the invitation by Shaun.

He also mailed me a copy of the Guardian the article with me was published on and I am also grateful for that.

Thanks Shaun.
[/quote

:beermug:

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2011, 07:55:56 PM »

Thanks Shaun.

aaaaaawww Fuentes did that??  Ok henceforth, he is the ONLY TTFF personnel ah going to take off mih hit list..... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2011, 08:17:15 PM »
aaaaaawww Fuentes did that??  Ok henceforth, he is the ONLY TTFF personnel ah going to take off mih hit list..... :devil: ;D

You ent hard to please at all? lol

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2011, 08:52:30 AM »

Thanks Shaun.

All I can say Flex is watch yuhself. As a leader you will have to be very careful to discern the difference between making contributions to causes that will be overwhelmingly a blessing to others and joining causes that are set up to seduce you into a corrupting world. Good luck to you and the people you influence as sometimes alot is at stake. I trust that you have the values and judgement to do more great things and keep your head on as you mingle eventually in a world with all kind of dark characters. There's alot you can contribute to the football scene. Big up.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:56:02 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Come nah Shaun fuentes
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2011, 01:54:04 PM »
Former national football team physiotherapist Oba Gulston has described his stint with English club Middlesbrough in the Premiership last year, as a fantastic hands on experience. Gulston visited the club as head of rehabilitation at the UTT. Following a short stint with the first and reserve teams, he was invited to remain but declined because of contractual arrangements with UTT.  “I got the opportunity to work with the first team and to observe the youngsters and the reserve team,” said Gulston. “They played Arsenal during the first week I was there so I got to experience that and after I was gradually exposed to different situations at the club. Some were real and some were staged to see my response. It was an extremely valuable experience.

“I got an invitation to stay but I have an obligation to T&T. I wanted to assist in developing sports physiotherapy in the country.” Gulston was physiotherapist for the “Soca Warriors” at the 2006 World Cup Finals and also served the T&T Cricket Board during the 2011 regional four-day tournament. He was also physiotherapist for the T&T netball team in Singapore and the Olympic contingent at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in India. The 32-year-old La Horquetta resident holds a doctorate of physical therapy, attained at Utica College on a government scholarship and is currently a PhD candidate at Nova Southeastern University, USA, on another Government scholarship.

Birchall, Daniel face Real Madrid

US-based duo Keon Daniel and Chris Birchall will have the mid-season opportunity to test their abilities against Spanish giants Real Madrid.Birchall is expected to be in the starting line-up for LA Galaxy in their World Football Challenge encounter against Madrid at the LA Coliseum on Saturday. On July 23, Daniel’s Philadelphia Union is expected to face the club of Portuguese star Ronaldo who is in the line up with a host of other stars for the clash. Galaxy will also face Manchester City on July 24 at the Home Depot Center with Union taking on another English club Everton on July 20. Birchall who has featured strongly for Galaxy in recent outings was eager to face the Spanish side. Former England captain David Beckham will also line up against his former side for the first time since leaving them at the end of the 2006/2007 season.

Baptiste has goals on his mind
Former Joe Public striker Kerry Baptiste will most likely be presented with several new pairs of football boots when he arrives at Tampa Bay later this month to begin his new contract.But he is unlikely to part ways with his usual favourites as he seeks to continue his hot scoring streak that made him one of the most feared strikers in the T&T Pro League. Baptiste is awaiting a work permit approval before moving to Tampa Bay where he signed a one-year contract with an option to extend another year.

“I’m excited about this new move and I’m looking forward to go up there and work very hard and hopefully bang in some more goals,” Baptiste said on Tuesday. He’s been without a club for 2011, admitting he became frustrated at times. But he’s focused on the task at hand, also hoping to catch Otto Pfister’s eyes. “It’s been frustrating without a club but I kept myself fit. It’s my first time going to the club and I’m anxious to see what the environment is like. I’m looking forward to getting back into the national team. “As a country I think we will eventually bounce back and become a force in the region. I’m really anxious to get the ball in the back of the net again both for my new club and for country,” he added.

Gally: We can qualify again

Former national head coach Everald “Gally” Cummings believes T&T can qualify for another World Cup.
The former New York Cosmos player said that once proper mechanisms are put in place to get the best team, the Soca Warriors will definitely grace the world stage a second time. “T&T can qualify for another World Cup finals but our ultimate goal should always be having good national teams representation at all levels which means having the proper foundation whereby creating continuity,” Cummings stated on the Socawarriors.net Web site in a recent interview.

He said there were far more opportunities for present day players as compared to when he took the field, refusing to label Dwight Yorke and Russell Latapy as the two best players ever produced by T&T. “No, there are others. Different eras brought different opportunities and different challenges. They got the big breaks and had people like myself to guide them through rough times. Others like me had no one.” Cummings, who is attached to the University of T&T, revealed how the splitting of players into an A and B team brought the best out of the 1989 Strike Squad with Kenwyn Cooper and Jan Steadman being his assistants with the B team. “Kenwyn Cooper did a fantastic job with the B team which had some of the younger players. This A and B system was used to keep players sharp. If a player didn’t perform well with the A team, he was sent to the B team and a B player would take his place. This kept players on their toes with the correct attitude at all time,” Gally added.

TTFF to conduct course for colleges
Coaches from the Secondary Schools League will benefit from another leg of the Football Federation’s “C” License coaching course in conjunction with the Dutch KNVB Academy from next Monday at the Ato Boldon Stadium. So far the TTFF has crossed 150 mark for the number of coaches that have participated from various corners of the country. A symposium for all local referees and officials on the new laws in refereeing was also conducted last week by former FIFA referee Ramesh Ramdhan as the TTFF attempts to keep up to speed with the developments in the game.National head coach Otto Pfister will also attend an international coaches symposium in Germany this weekend.

Article posted in the guardian , Shaun just for some general info middlesbroughh was relegated in May 2009 and has not been in the premiership since.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:36:06 PM by Flex »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Come nah Shaun fuentes
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2011, 02:04:56 PM »
so you tink shawn was TTFF and Concacaf media journalist because of his writing skills ?now that his root has been trimmed  I expect to see him planting peas in tobago real soon ...

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2011, 04:36:05 PM »
lol...Men on d eman case like Matelot.  BUt on a real, he should really check his facts and edit his pieces before releasing them.  Too many errors!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2011, 04:50:30 PM »
lol...Men on d eman case like Matelot.  BUt on a real, he should really check his facts and edit his pieces before releasing them.  Too many errors!

::)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2011, 05:54:06 PM »
Men eh have nutten to do on ah daily besides spell check?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2011, 06:39:50 PM »
And, actually, its Middlesborough!!!  But I must admit, its easy to make mistakes with names....spell check ain't yuh friend there!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2011, 08:37:55 PM »
And, actually, its Middlesborough!!!  But I must admit, its easy to make mistakes with names....spell check ain't yuh friend there!

You wrong, its not Middlesborough its Middlesbrough....8)
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2011, 08:44:27 PM »
FYI - Shaun said that the man (Oba Gulston) was there with them in the Premiership prior to their relegation in 2009 but it's the Guardian that decided to put last year and not what he had originally wrote.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2011, 01:01:07 PM »
The he should sue because they are damaging his reputation by changing important information in his story like that. Imagine if he was applying for a job aeway and they saw that article. I would of been pissing vex with guardian

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shaun Fuentes appreciation thread.
« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2011, 10:35:01 AM »
I notice since 2011 Shaun Fuentes has continued to give us a bling and I respect him for that.

And despite his few mistakes he always makes in his articles, I forgive him.

Because he has done a great job so far, more good than bad.

He happens to be the only one who works for the TTFF that recognises us here on the SWO, more-so, Flex and Tallman...

Thank you for all the updates and videos Shaun.

Big up...

1]; } ?>