March 28, 2024, 06:41:07 AM

Author Topic: Shaun Fuentes Thread  (Read 50322 times)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: Shaun Fuentes appreciation thread.
« Reply #150 on: September 02, 2011, 10:41:49 AM »
Big up, Fuentes!  He knows who the true footie fans for the Soca Warrios are.  Is year round we does do it here. :beermug:

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 02, 2011, 10:42:12 AM »
Keep up the good work Shaun  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2011, 10:46:37 AM »
Yea, he could make mistakes sah... he need a proof reader.

And he needs to ask the players how they spell their names correctly.

But I still appreciate his hard work and his videos.

Thank you Shaun....  :applause:

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2011, 10:59:38 AM »
 :beermug:
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2011, 11:19:15 AM »
I met the guy personally and he strikes me as a genuine person and fan and I thankful too, but seriously

we bigging up a man for doing he job?  ???

That's what we come to?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2011, 11:23:52 AM »

The man need a big up - he might be the only man in the TTFF who doing his job.
Keep it up Shaun.

Everything is relative.... That is what we have indeed come to!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 02, 2011, 12:03:58 PM »
Yea, he could make mistakes sah... he need a proof reader.

And he needs to ask the players how they spell their names correctly.

But I still appreciate his hard work and his videos.

Thank you Shaun....  :applause:

Errol...lol..that come like ah no thnaks but thanks!!!hahaha
|Anyway fuhreal, thanks Shaun, yuh relly is be helping us abroad get ah in depth look as to the some of the activities we boys does be doing! much appreciated! :beermug:
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2011, 12:07:48 PM »
More vids are always needed. Theyre like crack to me! 
Hart for president

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 02, 2011, 12:46:40 PM »
I met the guy personally and he strikes me as a genuine person and fan and I thankful too, but seriously

we bigging up a man for doing he job?  ???

That's what we come to?

Just showing ah lil appreciation..just like you getting a lil pat on the back from yuh boss for consistently doing a good job at the office  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2011, 01:48:14 PM »
Doh mind dem nay sayers shaun, i really appreciate and enjoy yuh vids, doh let the hardtuhpleasers stop you from sending us the treats.  God bless.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2011, 02:07:05 PM »
Shawn should done know from me.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 02, 2011, 02:47:55 PM »
Yeah the man take real abuse and still providing the forum with material, cheers breds  :beermug:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 02, 2011, 02:56:30 PM »
Yeah the man take real abuse and still providing the forum with material, cheers breds  :beermug:

I not here to rain on this li'l lovefest, but this confusing me... why allyuh acting like is a favor he doing for fans or for this forum in particular?  This forum is the only place his "press releases" getting any kinda pips.  Without SWO he lucky to get a mention in the TnT press or anywhere else... like Midknight say, de man doing what he getting paid to do.

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 02, 2011, 03:00:04 PM »
A man said it here... Shaun is a fan first and foremost.. diehard... big up Shaun and keep it up!!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 03, 2011, 05:02:23 PM »
Big up to Fuentes. !!!!!!!!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 03, 2011, 08:36:03 PM »

I not here to rain on this li'l lovefest, but this confusing me... why allyuh acting like is a favor he doing for fans or for this forum in particular?  This forum is the only place his "press releases" getting any kinda pips.  Without SWO he lucky to get a mention in the TnT press or anywhere else... like Midknight say, de man doing what he getting paid to do.

Perhaps its just the nature of his job, but I find when the normal runnings of the TTFF are closed like a stone fortress Fuentes videos are often the only tangible connection to football we have. And he has responded to requests for material from the forum. It is probably only illusory on my part but I get a perception of openness about Fuentes which is in stark contrast to the rest of the federation...bad grammar, spelling mistakes and all  :beermug:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 03, 2011, 09:11:38 PM »
Big up to Shawn!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 03, 2011, 09:22:49 PM »

Perhaps its just the nature of his job, but I find when the normal runnings of the TTFF are closed like a stone fortress Fuentes videos are often the only tangible connection to football we have. And he has responded to requests for material from the forum. It is probably only illusory on my part but I get a perception of openness about Fuentes which is in stark contrast to the rest of the federation...bad grammar, spelling mistakes and all  :beermug:

Perhaps he's finally emerging out from under Jack thumb, lol

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 05, 2011, 06:36:19 AM »
If you cant love your own,,then who could you love

However do not take this as licence to be a slacker

Take this love  and improve your CREDIT RATING...... :devil:

I hope that Monkey is no longer looking over your shoulder

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2011, 08:15:24 AM »
If you cant love your own,,then who could you love

However do not take this as licence to be a slacker

Take this love  and improve your CREDIT RATING......  :beermug:

:applause: :applause: :applause:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Fuentes gets FIFA U-20 post
« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2013, 01:37:12 AM »

me
Fuentes gets FIFA U-20 World Cup post
Published:
Thursday, June 13, 2013

Text Size:
T&T Football Association (TTFA) director of communications Shaun Fuentes has received appointment to serve on a committee for the upcoming FIFA Under-20 Men’s World Cup.

Fuentes, who has had two previous appointments as a Fifa media officer at the 2009 U-17 Men’s World Cup in Nigeria and the 2010 South Africa World Cup, will leave these shores on Saturday for Istanbul where he will meet with the rest of the FIFA delegation for a series of workshops before heading to the City of Antalya where he will be based for the tournament which commences on June 21.

“As president of the TTFA, I wish to express how satisfied I am with this appointment as it is a positive development for our Association and we are indeed grateful to have him as part of our football family in T&T,” TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee said.

“Over the last few weeks we have had several good interactions with Fifa and Concacaf and this augers well for our future as the governing body for local football. I expect that those appointed from our organization and country will in fact represent us to the highest and leave a lasting impression that will speak volumes of what we as a nation have to offer,” Tim Kee said.

Another one of our members, Dr Terence Babwah will also serve on the medical committee for the U-20 World Cup.

Five other media officers were appointed for the tournament including Seamus Marten (New Zealand), Juan Felipe Mejia (Colombia), Jochen Steinhoff (Germany, Jian Zhou (China) and Amanuel Abate (Ethiopia).

As a Fifa media officer (FMO), Fuentes will be responsible for overseeing the co-ordination (in co-operation with the LOC staff) of all media activities at each venue including media facilities, accreditation, flash interview, press conference and mixed zone operations and the general facilitation of proper media interaction with the participating teams. There will be one FMO at every venue.

Some of the other individuals currently carrying Fifa appointments include Anton Corneal (Fifa grassroots instructor) and Alvin Corneal (Fifa technical study group member).

Fuentes will continue to oversee the TTFA’s media matters over the next few weeks as the Concacaf Gold Cup approaches in Ju

Sport
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Fuentes gets FIFA U-20 post
« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2013, 01:37:50 AM »
Sean,

I in Istanbul, hail meh out.

First beer is on you.  ;D

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fuentes gets FIFA U-20 post
« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2013, 10:36:05 AM »
congrats fuentes.
Now they cannot say you only have the fifa work because of Jack.

do your thing
do your thing.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shaun Fuentes
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2015, 03:52:26 PM »
WATCH: One on One with TTFA's Director of Communication, Shaun Fuentes.

NOTE: The interview was conducted prior to our first 2018 World Cup Qualifier against Guatemala
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 03:54:50 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2015, 09:28:34 PM »

NOTE: The interview was conducted prior to our first 2018 World Cup Qualifier against Guatemala

Excellent interview
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2015, 06:08:54 PM »
Really good one on one with Shaun....

One thing I must commend the TTFA for doing in the T&T/USA game was to allow Corporate All Incl Sections for the match... Its no secret Trini love to lime, and this should be expanded further to help grow the Interest for all games, competitive or Friendly.. I always marveled at the Incredible success Pan Trinbago and QPCC has had in having huge support for Pan Semis and Cricket games, despite some people not givin a shit bout either of the two....  Real woman hate cricket and Pan, but will always go for d lime, and where woman go nuff man follow....

Would be a great Idea to try and court Trini Posse to Invest in  a section for games. They have had Massive success in cricket and have such a huge fan following... A Trini Posse section in football will almost guarantee  Spectators to come out to games...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 06:11:40 PM by Adam Lake »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Shaun Fuentes Thread
« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2018, 10:38:50 AM »
I always asking recently but nobody answering.

Wayne Cunningham, Media Officer of TTFA, was also unaware of the changes in the structure of the Gold Cup but was extremely excited to hear matches will be held in the Caribbean.

“It will be a welcome thing for the region. The regional will finally get a taste of big football,” he said.

Cunningham, formerly head of the Eastern Football Association (EFA), said he has been to three Gold Cups in the past and was impressed with the organisation of the tournament.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #177 on: May 25, 2018, 12:30:40 AM »

Excellent interview

Yuh padnah get the axe?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 26, 2018, 08:11:10 AM »
TTFA official conducts media workshop for Grenada FA
By Stephon Nicholas (T&T Newsday)

FIFA development manager for the Caribbean, Marlon Glean has commended the Grenada Football Association for its continuing efforts towards the development of the game both on and off the field of play.

Following a successful appearance at the CONCACAF under 15 girls championship in which Grenada finished runners-up in its division, the Grenada FA hosted a three-day media and communication workshop at its headquarters in St George’s last weekend. The facilitator for the course was Shaun Fuentes, a CONCACAF competitions media officer and three-time FIFA World Cup media officer who is attached to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA).

Among the topics dealt with over the three days included crafting press releases, organising press conferences, event and game management promotions, social networking for football, social media management, developing a football website, promoting a losing team versus a popular winning team, effective press materials for event day, overcoming reputations, handling media for athletes and teams, getting athletes and officials exposure in the media and understanding the impact and role of media in sport, among other items. Practical sessions were also done in relation to an international fixture around the Jamaica versus Grenada friendly played at the Kirani James Stadium last Friday.

“I would like to congratulate the Grenada Football Association, the media association and the participants for coming together in putting together such a needed workshop,” Glean said at the closing of the workshop.

“This came about when the president (Gianni Infantino) came up to me and expressed the need to have something to ensure that there is more sports reporting and in particular more football reporting. I had the opportunity to witness first-hand the work Shaun has been doing in Trinidad and Tobago, in CONCACAF and also in FIFA so I immediately recommended that the GFA sought the services of Mr Fuentes,” Glean added.

“We also have to give thanks to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association who would have lent the services of Shaun so that he could be part of the workshop here. I think this is a great first step in terms of the participation and I hope this is just the beginning of more extensive football reporting in Grenada,” Glean said.

Grenada FA president Cheney Joseph also spoke highly of the workshop, explaining that it was a necessary step for the GFA.

“It is a partnership we are developing. We do not wish to put a dollar value to the amount of days that went into Shaun’s preparation and subsequent dissemination of information. It’s not just about promoting Grenada football but if the GFA can create opportunities for workshops for you to improve on your craft, then we will continue to do it.

“Like Shaun, I started at 16 also in the media in sports. I hope that we can continue this partnership and I will propose something where the Grenada Media Association will have first hand access to all of our games and I want to suggest that we have Shaun back here for another workshop around the time of the Pure Grenada Cup which is our biggest event early next year,” Joseph said.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2019, 12:06:07 AM »
A sporting sense of belonging
Shaun Fuentes, The Guardian

One of the beau­ti­ful things about sports is its abil­i­ty to de­liv­er cap­ti­vat­ing mo­ments when we least ex­pect it as peo­ple or fans. We watch be­cause of the game, but of­ten­times we re­mem­ber be­cause of what hap­pens off the field.

Yes­ter­day marked 14 years since Trinidad and To­ba­go de­feat­ed Bahrain 1-0 on a Den­nis Lawrence win­ner to se­cure qual­i­fi­ca­tion for the 2006 FI­FA World Cup Fi­nals in Ger­many. We all re­mem­ber the eu­pho­ria and the scenes of joys and cel­e­bra­tion that gripped the en­tire na­tion on that day, a Wednes­day evening, No­vem­ber 16th, 2005. Every creed and race came to­geth­er. Man, you and I know how much we could do with such scenes again. These mo­ments show us that the tran­scen­dent val­ues of love, com­pas­sion, and em­pa­thy still have a place in so­ci­ety and through sport­ing achieve­ments.

In an in­ter­viewed with Leon­son Lewis last month on the 1989 Strike Squad ex­pe­ri­ence as well as with Stern John on the jour­ney to Ger­many. And both men echoed sim­i­lar sen­ti­ments on how much they were able to ful­fil dreams, am­bi­tions and con­tri­bu­tions to so­ci­ety by their ex­ploits as sport­ing per­son­al­i­ties and to this day it in­spires them to keep liv­ing with a pur­pose to serve and con­tribute to a bet­ter so­ci­ety and make a mean­ing­ful con­tri­bu­tion to those around them.

Re­call Ato Boldon’s races, Bri­an Lara’s in­nings, Dwight Yorke’s hero­ics at Old Traf­ford, Kieron Pol­lard’s first set of wins as Windies cap­tain or sim­ply Na­pari­ma’s Col­lege’s suc­cess at the lo­cal lev­el, these mo­ments are tes­ti­monies of what about sports that makes it so beau­ti­ful and cap­ti­vat­ing for the rest of us.

Against the back­drop of our “nor­mal” sports cul­ture, snap­shots of com­pas­sion and em­pa­thy con­tin­ue to cap­ture our at­ten­tion—and keep us fix­at­ed to see what could po­ten­tial­ly hap­pen next.

To the young Trinidad and To­ba­go Un­der-14 girls who had a chance to camp at the TTFA Home of Foot­ball be­fore their first in­ter­na­tion­al match against Grena­da, they will re­mem­ber for the rest of their lives what that felt like and it hope­ful­ly will in­spire them to want to per­sist to greater feats and earn their right to re­turn to the venue for more in­ter­na­tion­al out­ings in the fu­ture.

Over the last cen­tu­ry, sports have be­come tele­vised and amassed le­gions of fans who use their favourite teams or ath­letes as part of their iden­ti­ties. As a re­sult, the big events and oc­ca­sions work up a fren­zy of emo­tions and cre­ate mo­ments known even to those who aren’t ma­jor fol­low­ers.

Sports is not just about a race, crick­et or foot­ball game. The heat­ed games car­ry greater mean­ing and of­ten rep­re­sent strug­gles that en­com­pass race, pol­i­tics, gen­der, and health. And some­times, a time­less sports mo­ment oc­curs be­cause of the in­cred­i­ble ath­leti­cism of just one play­er.

The oc­cur­rences of 2005/2006 So­ca War­riors, the mem­o­ry of Hase­ly Craw­ford’s run in ’76, Keshorn Wal­cott’s gold­en throw and the list can go on must con­tin­ue to be used as a way to re­mind our gen­er­a­tion and those to come of what we are ca­pa­ble of and why we must not ac­cept or set­tle for medi­oc­rity. We must know that we de­serve bet­ter and once we earn that right in the process, we have to stay dri­ven with our eyes on the prize. Stand up and be count­ed.

Daniel Wann, a so­cial psy­chol­o­gist at Mur­ray State Uni­ver­si­ty, has spent the last 30 years elab­o­rat­ing that iden­ti­fi­ca­tion with sports teams is, at the very least, a means to boost self-es­teem—if not an op­por­tu­ni­ty to en­hance over­all men­tal health. Wann and his col­leagues have car­ried out more than 20 stud­ies in which di­verse groups of sports fans, in­clud­ing high school stu­dents, col­lege stu­dents, se­nior cit­i­zens, Aus­tralians, fe­male fans, hock­ey fans, NASCAR fans, and oth­ers, were eval­u­at­ed in re­gards to var­i­ous mea­sures by which psy­chol­o­gists gauge well-be­ing—such as a sense of self-worth, fre­quen­cy of pos­i­tive emo­tions, feel­ing con­nect­ed with oth­ers, be­lief in the trust­wor­thi­ness of oth­ers, sense of vigour and en­er­gy, and so on. In vir­tu­al­ly every sin­gle study, the de­gree of fan iden­ti­fi­ca­tion—that is, how de­vot­ed and en­thu­si­as­tic a fan is—shows a pos­i­tive sta­tis­ti­cal cor­re­la­tion with one or more of these fac­tors.

Wann's most re­cent study, which is pend­ing pub­li­ca­tion, found that high­ly iden­ti­fied sports fans have an above-av­er­age sense of mean­ing in life. This was one of those cas­es where A leads to B, but as a re­sult of C, the me­di­at­ing fac­tor: “We found that iden­ti­fi­ca­tion wasn’t nec­es­sar­i­ly lead­ing di­rect­ly to mean­ing, but rather it was go­ing through be­long­ing,” Wann said. “So iden­ti­fi­ca­tion leads to be­long­ing, which in turn leads to a sense of mean­ing.”

Wann be­lieves there is one very sim­ple rea­son fans are so deeply ful­filled, which has noth­ing to do with sports it­self. It’s not about win­ning or los­ing, he sug­gests; it’s about the hu­man bonds we form in the process. I agree with that and I hope you do as well.

1]; } ?>