April 27, 2024, 09:20:36 AM

Author Topic: Sancho released by Gillingham; Cox retained  (Read 6198 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sancho released by Gillingham; Cox retained
« on: May 08, 2007, 07:50:59 AM »
Four Offered Contracts
gillinghamfootballclub.premiumtv.co.uk

Gills boss Ronnie Jepson has offered four players new contracts, whilst six have left Priestfield. With the season ending just three days ago, Jepson is wasting little time in preparing a squad for the 2007-08 campaign. In doing so, he has offered new contracts to central defender Ian Cox, left back Danny Jackman and midfielders Michael Flynn and Daniel Spiller. On their way out are Ben Chorley, Brent Sancho, Clint Easton, Leon Johnson, Frannie Collin and Luke Howell. Stay tuned for the latest on the contract situation. We will bring you news on whether the deals have been accepted as soon as we have it. * Meanwhile, three youth team players - Andy Pugh, Craig Stone and Tom Bryant - have all signed their first professional contracts. They have all put pen to paper on one-year deals with a year's option.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho released by Gillingham; Cox retained
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 07:54:51 AM »
What!!!!!!!! wonder wah he got up he sleve now????? dem had a real love hate relationship... last yr dey wanted tuh kill he, after de world cup dey din want no club to buy he.... now dey get rid of he ??? ???

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 08:03:17 AM »
wait nuh clubs were bidding for sancho last year  and they over price him now the release him so he could sign fuh free  ....  ???
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 08:05:54 AM »
Steups...........I hope things work out for the man. I eh want to sound bad but.....Sign Cox...who older....and sign sancho who a better defender in my opinion and younger? I know cox seen as a team leader...so that could be the reason...but i eh understand that logic. Suprise to see Jack still there though...they have faith in him despite the injuries.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 08:35:59 AM »
Does this mean that Sancho may well reconsider his stance and join up with the national team? High performance and exposure at the Gold Cup may = contract.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 08:37:43 AM »
So much for Gillingham :-[

No worries Brent, another team awaits your services.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 10:03:48 AM »
all the best Brent...hopefully you get on a team that gives more playing time so you can work your way back up to peak.  I'll say a prayer for you.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 10:07:53 AM »
actually i think its best brent left that club. they have continued to show utter lack of respect for his services. doh worry horse...yuh go get through with something bigger and better!!! :beermug: :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 10:23:20 AM »
doh worry sancho a bigger and better club coming fuh yuh jes now.......sunderland  ::)
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 10:31:08 AM »
What!!!!!!!! wonder wah he got up he sleve now????? dem had a real love hate relationship... last yr dey wanted tuh kill he, after de world cup dey din want no club to buy he.... now dey get rid of he ??? ???

if you ask me it was a smart way to sabotage his career.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 11:40:36 AM »
gills f**k sancho.

he'll have another gig soon though.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 11:46:32 AM »
Some of them coaches real bad mind. The life of a professional is a very complicated one. One day you up and the other day you down and out. Hold your head above water for the time being Sancho. Brighter days are ahead.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 11:54:50 AM »

Exactly..... dem aint easy nah.... steups

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 11:58:36 AM »
Hard luck dey partner
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 12:01:27 PM »
They didn't say anything about Jack, and quite frankly I will be surprised if he stays. This is 2 seasons now that he's been injury plagued with 2 different clubs, and he not getting any younger.

Good luck to Brent for the future
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 12:04:33 PM »
cud be ah blessin yes
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 12:11:28 PM »

Exactly..... dem aint easy nah.... steups

if that is not bad ming, grudge or envy then i dont kno wat is

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 12:31:50 PM »
sunderland

birmigham

southapton

coventry

or back to scotland

any one i alright
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 03:16:38 PM »
wherever Brent goes, hopefully he'll have a manager who will let him play football, not just demand he kicks the ball into row Z.

Kelvin still got a year left and gills can't afford to buy him out. As for being injured, thats football, look at Michael Owens season!

s**t happens. You just gotta support your player until he's fit enough to come back.

Danny Jackman won all of last seasons player of the year trophies, yet Jepson wouldn't play him. Danny Spiller is easily Championship standard, yet Jepson wouldn't play him. Brent is far better than League 1, yet Jepson wouldn't play him. Can you see a pattern emerging here?

If these three had played regularly, Gills may have made the play offs.

Can't believe they let Leon and Chors go as well. When Kelvin is fit, they'll need him to play centreback!

As for Coxy-he's a warhorse and gives 100%, but he's first to admit that his pace has gone. Even so, that man give sweat, blood and passion whenever he plays. Scored a great goal two weeks ago as well.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 04:21:19 PM »
the gills coach was a dick. Gills got lost in the sunderland adventure, but they had 3 trinis on their squad, too. Disappointing season  for them, hopefully sancho can join the gold cup squad
Hart for president

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2007, 06:23:37 PM »
the gills coach was a dick. Gills got lost in the sunderland adventure, but they had 3 trinis on their squad, too. Disappointing season  for them, hopefully sancho can join the gold cup squad

Will be most surprised if those bullies running the TTFF call up Sancho to the Gold Cup as he is the main man leading the drive for setting up the FPATT who are fighting for the fair treatment of all our World Cup players!

We'll see how professional or unprofessional our TTFF really is in the next few weeks!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2007, 07:50:53 PM »
Serious point dey Socapro.

Sancho is a fella who will face tough times often in life as he is principled and a thorn in the side of exploiters. However his charisma and team popularity and genuine courage is an awesome inspiration. De man jess full ah guts dread and does give 100% on de field. Daiz why I backin' he all de way. He eh easy.

Sancho, hold on breds. Think, calculate, strategize, plan, recheck, confide in yuh trusted peeps and watch yuh back. I recommend that yuh appear in T&T and get on the morning shows with Allyson and dem and TV6 and let the fans take dis to de nex' level. Is crunch time. Express yuhself. Cyah afford to lkeep dis ting shoo shoo. Blow it wide open. Nuff people eh realize you blacklisted

I will be a very happy man once you on da Gold Cup squad as T&T are at a critical juncture right now, fortunate to have World Cup stars like you and yuh pardnahs who can interact with the new batch of talent coming up to take de baton for 2014.

Fellas!!....Newspaper email blitz please!!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2007, 09:51:00 PM »

kinda like what dey do Latas at Rangers?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gillingham's coach looking fuh wuk now
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 06:48:37 AM »
Jepson resigns
gillinghamfootballclub.premiumtv.co.uk

Gillingham have parted company with manager Ronnie Jepson with immediate effect. The former Burnley coach met with Chairman Paul Scally earlier today and offered his resignation after a disappointing start to the season. The Gills have lost five of their opening six games of the 2007/08 season.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 12:58:03 PM »
God doh sleep he does wear pajamas so good riddance to he
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2007, 02:57:37 PM »
Good riddance, too. Maybe Sancho can go back now and give the Gills a lift
Hart for president

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2007, 04:51:41 PM »

yeah, he's already had one manager who's going to apply for the job call him to see if he'd go back.

Main thing is that whoever we get will start with a clean sheet and an open mind, so hopefully Kelvin will get his slot back.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 07:04:55 AM »
Stern doh have rank like Yorkie to get Sancho a contract with Southampton? Stern have to know how to chain up managers and let them know that trinis work better in numbers. Sunderland, Wrexham and Swansea already get the memo.

And in all honesty, Sancho is/was capable of Championship division football, moreso that any other of our defenders.

I can't understand why he is such a journeyman footballer though. I guess that is what happens when Mike Berry is not your agent and you are a trini in Britain !
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 04:43:22 PM »

Nothing to do with agents. Brent was wanted by Swansea, but Gills wouldn't sell him, so they bought Tallest. A Dutch team (poss Feijnoord) wanted him, but Gills wouldn't let him go. Other European teams have shown an interest but Brent wanted to stay in UK to get his passport.

There are rumours that Jepson was bad mouthing him. Other clubs wanted him but only wanted to pay peanuts.

One thing is certain. If sanch had played in the Gold Cup he would have a club now, possibly Championship.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 10:02:07 PM »
One thing is certain. If sanch had played in the Gold Cup he would have a club now, possibly Championship.

So playing in the World Cup wasn't a big enough stage to showcase his talent?

1]; } ?>