April 23, 2024, 01:25:44 PM

Author Topic: Dundee United and Hearts chase Jason Scotland.  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dundee United and Hearts chase Jason Scotland.
« on: May 03, 2007, 07:00:34 AM »
United are back in chase for Jas.
By Alan Marshall (Daily Record).

Jason Scotland's former club Dundee United and Hearts are set to join the race to snap up the St Johnstone star. The SPL sides are keen on the Trinidad and Tobago hitman who has also attracted attention from Aberdeen and a host of English outfits.
The 28-year-old will be out of contract in August but any move will be subject to a work permit renewal - the issue that ended Scotland's Tannadice career two years ago.
Saints boss Owen Coyle saved the striker from the football scrapheap after he was refused a work permit to continue playing top-flight football in Scotland.
The player has since flourished at McDiarmid Park, scoring 26 goals this season to take Saints to two cup semi-finals and agonisingly close to the First Division title.
But Scotland must apply to renew his work permit and government changes to residency rules have changed.
Previously, if a player had been here for four years he could then stay indefinitely but that has been upped to five years. Scotland will finish only his fourth year in the country this summer.
The player's agent, Mike Berry, reckons Scotland will make a switch and said: "It's time for Jason to move on to a higher level.
"He has been at St Johnstone for two years and they have been good for him and he has been good for them.
"If they'd won promotion, who knows what would have happened - he may have stayed there.
"Jason is back in the Caribbean just now on private business so we'll keep our options open."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 07:02:33 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dundee United and Hearts chase Jason Scotland.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 07:51:05 AM »
na man i aint relly likin d SPL for jason...rangers, celtic and maybe hearts cool buh on d whole i aint likin da league for him at all...ah prefer championship or probably prem...he aint gettin any younger so he should try he foot at a bigger, tougher and more lucrative league...we need yuh fuh 2010 so truss meh..join ah league that will serve u better..plus ah wa see yuh spannah-belt again on skysports...!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 08:53:04 AM »
time fuh scotty to leave scotland man
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 08:55:46 AM »
Lord please send a Championship team for Scotty. :praying:

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 01:50:45 PM »
Time fuh he tuh go to England..... maybe 5 trinis in the EPL.... with Kenwyne and the Sunderland crew

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 03:31:41 PM »
Time fuh he tuh go to England..... maybe 5 trinis in the EPL.... with Kenwyne and the Sunderland crew

What about Peltier and Guerra?
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 03:51:54 PM »
na man i aint relly likin d SPL for jason...rangers, celtic and maybe hearts cool buh on d whole i aint likin da league for him at all...ah prefer championship or probably prem...he aint gettin any younger so he should try he foot at a bigger, tougher and more lucrative league...we need yuh fuh 2010 so truss meh..join ah league that will serve u better..plus ah wa see yuh spannah-belt again on skysports...!

time fuh scotty to leave scotland man

Man like dem does forget quick.

Peeps was sayin same ting not too long ago when Carlos did sign wit Sunderland.  Look dem now.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 04:02:57 PM »
well if he decide tuh go tuh either Dundee Utd or Hearts he would be lining up tuh face ah BIG BIG team  in de preseason

http://soccernet-akamai.espn.go.com/news/story?id=427288&cc=5901
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 04:17:36 PM by breezers »
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 04:36:31 PM »
Blues and Swans consider Scotland 

Scotland has enjoyed a good season with St Johnstone

Birmingham City and Swansea City have joined former club Dundee United in the race to sign St Johnstone's Trinidad and Tobago striker, Jason Scotland.
But Saints manager Owen Coyle has not given up hope of retaining the 28-year-old, despite missing out on reaching the Scottish Premier League.

"We have put an offer to Jason to remain and there is no doubt in my mind that we have improved him," he said.

"However, we are conscious of the level of finance at which we are operating."

United manager Craig Levein has refused to be drawn on any interest in Scotland.

Scotland spent two years at Tannadice - scoring 10 goals - before a Home Office decision denied him an extension to his work permit in 2005.  I'm sure there will be a lot of interest, but there's nothing I can do to stop that

St Johnstone manager Owen Coyle

He was then snapped up by the Perth club, who had their application approved.

But he is out of contract with Saints at the end of August and is thought to be keen on a return to his former club.

"Jason's a great player and I'd love to keep him here," said Coyle.

"We'll just have to wait and see what happens."

Scotland's agent, Michael Berry, revealed to BBC Sport that there is interest in the 26-goal striker both in Scotland and England.

The striker scored for St Johnstone in Saturday's 4-3 victory over Hamilton, but it was not enough to prevent Gretna clinching the championship and promotion.

Coyle announced on Tuesday that fellow forward Derek Lilley, goalkeeper Bryn Halliwell and midfielder Neil Janczyk were all leaving the club in the summer.

But Coyle hopes Scotland will remain an important part of his squad for next season.

"I'm not daft, I know how good a player he is and I'm sure there will be a lot of interest, but there's nothing I can do to stop that," he added.

If Scotland does move on elsewhere, he will require a new work permit.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 05:46:52 PM »
Check de picture that goes with this BBC big-up story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/st_johnstone/6615979.stm

I feel he go take de Birmingham premiership as Steve Bruce realize that unless yuh is part of de Trini Gold-rush yuh go get left behind and Sunderland go eat dem raw
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 05:53:38 PM »
Check de picture that goes with this BBC big-up story
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/st_johnstone/6615979.stm
I feel he go take de Birmingham premiership as Steve Bruce realize that unless yuh is part of de Trini Gold-rush yuh go get left behind and Sunderland go eat dem raw
Dreamer watch it

Scotland has enjoyed a good
season with St Johnstone
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 06:27:22 PM »
For the 1000 time talk to me when the man sign.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 06:43:37 PM »
Relax weary. Doh frighten. Scotty going from strength to strength. Dis eh de thousandth time dat he get big story in de BBC. Trini have new value in de league nowthanks to Socawarriors Germany squad and de Sunderland performances

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 06:59:44 PM »
Relax weary. Doh frighten. Scotty going from strength to strength. Dis eh de thousandth time dat he get big story in de BBC. Trini have new value in de league nowthanks to Socawarriors Germany squad and de Sunderland performances
by your theory, how come dem fellas from Ivory Coast not getting real big contract...oh, ppl was only really looking at we in Germany, and does really follow Championship before premier, and demm other big leagues...oh ho.
Plus I dunno why all the ppl who think Scotland should be in Englan (no pun intended), doh jus buy him, give him ah contract, and then sell him in England at a profit.....easy, easy so... or they think he really cuttin style on dem Premier bound clubs that pounding down he door, cause is ah mutual love ting and niceness going on...after all they see him on the bench in World cup, and like dey name the country after the man and ting...ting ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 07:12:18 PM »
It eh bout Scotty and the BBC big up and just want to hear that man sign and get their new kit. Since WC2006 if I did get money for all the suppose signing I would ah be debt free and well on my way to payin for SA2010
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 07:31:25 PM »
by your theory, how come dem fellas from Ivory Coast not getting real big contract...oh, ppl was only really looking at we in Germany, and does really follow Championship before premier, and demm other big leagues...oh ho.

Well, maxg. Several reasons why T&T gets this attention

1. We are perceived by the UK coaches as the islanders that fit surprisingly well (I dare say the best) into the potentially alienating UK scene. Doh get me wong, I eh puttin' a judgement value to dat. I jess showin' yuh de scene.

2.  We speak English, we join in de team and blend into the culture and we drinkin' beers wit' de boys in no time.

3. All T&T players become very popular in UK teams overnight as we doh carry de attitude like Jakans who, like to rely on a kinda clan badjohnism and a cultural arrogance as soon as dey reach, as a way to establish dey territory and cope with their insecurities. Trinis does start mixing onetime (I eh say is good or bad eh  ;D) as soon as dey reach and the UK folks like to know that THEIR way of life has been acknowledged. Trini does move according to: when in Rome do as de Romans do. Jamaican in Rome doing as Jamaicans do  ;D, talking loud, cussin' all dey "bombah" talk, while de Baje...he flying right back to have he coo coo and (Tobago) flying fish as he cyah adapt away for too long without hs familiar status-quo lifestyle.

4. Trini Reputation good, few off de court incidents and trouble wit' immigration to embarrass de cliubs.

5. Rankings usually below 70 which is useful.

6. Fellas have fairly good marketing of their images. Speak well, social lives look respectable, often married or almost dey and dress well when we have to and so on. Image counts.

7. Social class usually above the counterparts coming from these usually poor African countries and the UK people are very class conscious.

8. Skills on par with Ivory Coast but is all about marketability and resale potential, which depends alot on the potential 2nd buyer overcoming entrenched prejudices about the player......

Maxg, ah could go on and on, buh is a forum not a lecture hall, so big up for now  :beermug:

« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 10:37:09 PM by dreamer »

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2007, 08:11:16 PM »
bbc.co.uk

Scotland has enjoyed a good season with St Johnstone
Birmingham City and Swansea City have joined former club Dundee United in the race to sign St Johnstone's Trinidad and Tobago striker, Jason Scotland.
But Saints manager Owen Coyle has not given up hope of retaining the 28-year-old, despite missing out on reaching the Scottish Premier League.

"We have put an offer to Jason to remain and there is no doubt in my mind that we have improved him," he said.

"However, we are conscious of the level of finance at which we are operating."

United manager Craig Levein has refused to be drawn on any interest in Scotland.

Scotland spent two years at Tannadice - scoring 10 goals - before a Home Office decision denied him an extension to his work permit in 2005.  I'm sure there will be a lot of interest, but there's nothing I can do to stop that

St Johnstone manager Owen Coyle

He was then snapped up by the Perth club, who had their application approved.

But he is out of contract with Saints at the end of August and is thought to be keen on a return to his former club.

"Jason's a great player and I'd love to keep him here," said Coyle.

"We'll just have to wait and see what happens."

Scotland's agent, Michael Berry, revealed to BBC Sport that there is interest in the 26-goal striker both in Scotland and England.

The striker scored for St Johnstone in Saturday's 4-3 victory over Hamilton, but it was not enough to prevent Gretna clinching the championship and promotion.

Coyle announced on Tuesday that fellow forward Derek Lilley, goalkeeper Bryn Halliwell and midfielder Neil Janczyk were all leaving the club in the summer.

But Coyle hopes Scotland will remain an important part of his squad for next season.

"I'm not daft, I know how good a player he is and I'm sure there will be a lot of interest, but there's nothing I can do to stop that," he added.

If Scotland does move on elsewhere, he will require a new work permit.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 10:29:02 PM »
dreamer what kind ah divide and rule thing is that you talking bredren. well let me tell you as a trini who live the life. them same yard man with they badjohnism, is the same men who make every body in these so called develope countries respect west indians and put disrespectful english white ppl,  yanks and canuks, in they place when they dis the program. hence the reason caribbean ppl have so much respect in these countries today,
BC them same yard men yuh bad talking pave the way for every black man in england , just like the black american in the civil rights erea pave the way for all black ppl. now today all ppl of colour could come to the US and enjoy all this freedom that wasn't posible in the 60's and even early 70's. so dont bite the hand that feed you. remember this, your first PM was the first man to stand in trafalger square and call the white man a devil , he used to curse and carry onn about the injustices of colonialism and cuss white ppl stink and he hated the english and could'nt wait to leave, he was also known as a trouble maker and a raddle rouser, that's why he left england and migrated to the US to howard.                                  positive
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 10:41:21 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2007, 11:48:57 PM »
dreamer, ah happen to disagree with every point yuh make (an dat is , even for me, rare), buh say wha...it have concious youth like Jus cool who know the times, or as some would say "wha time it is" so there is hope for you and, doh dig, hope for me too..cause dem is the ones that will inherit our earth...
.if yuh chose to judge ppl based on your own total experience, then it all boil down to whey yuh come from and whey yuh want to go....bottom line...yuh reasoning plain wrong about - in keeping with the thread - why Scotty will or will not get contracted to a bigger club.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2007, 04:17:44 AM »
Plus I dunno why all the ppl who think Scotland should be in Englan (no pun intended), doh jus buy him, give him ah contract, and then sell him in England at a profit.....easy, easy so... or they think he really cuttin style on dem Premier bound clubs that pounding down he door, cause is ah mutual love ting and niceness going on...after all they see him on the bench in World cup, and like dey name the country after the man and ting...ting ;D

Have u gone searched online for the Ivory Coast team and the leagues and clubs that they play for? ............i guarantee you that you will be surprised.

I am not challenging your point, i am such questioning your comparisson since Ivory Coast have alot of players in the French, Italian, Dutch and Premier League. 

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2007, 09:23:42 AM »

Have u gone searched online for the Ivory Coast team and the leagues and clubs that they play for? ............i guarantee you that you will be surprised.

I am not challenging your point, i am such questioning your comparisson since Ivory Coast have alot of players in the French, Italian, Dutch and Premier League. 

ah love it!!

No I haven't researched, primaily because, I was not indicating that they don't play big football, and have decent contracts, but trying to convey the fact that the contracts that they posess is not due to lack of ability to mix, language,social class,marketing of self, reputation or the fantastic WC exposure. I am saying the contracts they had was before WC, and few if any (using Ivory coast only as an eg.) did not get any bigger contracts after WC. based on the points indicated.
So to say that T&T is getting special attention due to any of the above, as a mater of fact, any special attention at all is entirely false.
Guys like Scotty(maybe 3/4 of dem in all) getting special attention because they producing the goods, and the fact that they are from T&T is a 'by the way'. My main point was, players from IC for eg.,would probably get more attention, yet they not getting no 'greater' massive contracts, not that they are not contracted. ah could be wrong, cause ah really didn't research at all. let meh know

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2007, 10:33:32 AM »
St. Johnstone arready lookin for a replacement.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/6622959.stm

Dundee and St Johnstone are battling it out to sign Port Vale striker Nathan Lowndes. (The Express)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2007, 12:21:28 PM »
can someone please merge this with the "news from scotland thread" i posted yesterday, or merge mine into it? I don't care either way, it'd just look a lot more coherent
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2007, 02:27:20 PM »
Scotland might be he name but he better listen to the voice of England calling.  Go PFL or Championship league !
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2007, 04:49:17 PM »

Fhu real i forget bout dem yess  :D :D

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2007, 05:13:19 PM »

Fhu real i forget bout dem yess  :D :D

Either EPL clubs are not allowed to announce new signings outside of a transfer period (which I am not sure is a rule), or Peltier and Guerra never got officially signed yet.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
United want Jason back
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2007, 07:51:12 AM »
United want Jason back
By Graeme Finnan and James Masson (Dundee Evening Telegraph)

Dundee United want Jason Scotland back at Tannadice.

The Trinidad and Tobago international was a big hit with fans during his first spell at the club, which ended in controversy when he was surprisingly refused a fresh work permit two years ago.

That subsequently led to him signing for St Johnstone and the 28-year-old has continued to show his class in the First Division, bagging 25 goals for Saints this season.

That’s triggered interest from several clubs and, although United boss Craig Levein was unavailable for comment, Saints manager Owen Coyle confirmed the Tangerines are one of them.

However, with Scotland’s contract running until the final week in August, the McDiarmid Park club would be looking for some form of financial compensation if one of their prize assets was to move on.

“Craig (Levein) called me out of courtesy to let me know of his interest in Jason, and I appreciate the gesture,” said Owen.

“We haven’t given up on Jason, but, obviously, finance always comes into play.

“He is under contract here until the end of August, so we can play him for the first month of next season. Any club wanting him before then will have to pay compensation.”

Meanwhile, following yesterday’s news that goalkeeper Derek Stillie will quit United at the end of the season to pursue a career in law down south, the Tannadice outfit have been looking at a possible replacement.

Polish goalie Lucasz Zaluska is currently on trial at the club. The 24-year-old plays for Korona Kielce in his homeland.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>