April 26, 2024, 11:08:22 AM

Author Topic: Allyuh feel West Indies alone have problems?  (Read 810 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allyuh feel West Indies alone have problems?
« on: May 09, 2007, 06:55:16 AM »

India selectors round on Chappell

Former India coach Greg Chappell has come under attack from four national selectors, whose comments were picked up by a television "sting operation".

Headlines Today and its sister channel, Aaj Tak, obtained undercover interviews from Venkatapathy Raju, Ranjib Biswal, Bhupinder Singh Snr and Sanjay Jagdale.

Bhupinder is taped saying: "There were instances when Chappell was not talking to players for four or five days."

"Greg wanted to show everybody he was the boss. He wasn't happy with anyone."

An official from The Board of Control for Cricket in India commented: "We will have to see whether the tape is authentic or not."

Bhupinder cited the Indian tour of South Africa in the winter as the moment he blanked out many of the players.

"He was not on talking terms with Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag and Harbhajan Singh," said the North Zone selector.

East Zone selector Biswal said: "Greg could not understand Indian cricketers' psyche. He was more like a schoolmaster than a friend."

Jagdale, who was team manager during the World Cup, said there were problems among the players too.

"They were not supporting [captain Rahul] Dravid. Some players were backing Tendulkar, some [Sourav] Ganguly.

"I won't call it factionalism but there were some personal problems."

Speaking in Dhaka, where India play the first of three one-day internationals on Thursday, Dravid dismissed reports that his leadership had been undermined.

He said: "To be honest with you, I felt I had as much support as I needed."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/other_international/india/6638989.stm
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Allyuh feel West Indies alone have problems?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 02:01:57 PM »
them indian hard ah hearin,chappelle surely have he hands full.their mentality is they know evryting,they doh need that GORA tellin them what to do and how to do it.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

1]; } ?>