April 27, 2024, 07:19:04 AM

Author Topic: U-17 players looking to prove worth at World Cup stage  (Read 2471 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U-17 players looking to prove worth at World Cup stage
« on: May 08, 2007, 04:48:55 PM »
U-17 players looking to prove worth at World Cup stage       
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague.com)

Trinidad and Tobago U-17 and CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh hero Kevin Molino promises the best of performance by the national team later this year in the 2007 Under-17 World Cup in Korea.
A jubilant Molino told ‘ttproleague.com’ on the national team’s arrival at the Piarco Airport on Monday night, “We are not just going to participate in the World Cup. We are going to work hard and hopefully get some good results.”
The Jabloteh youngster had only featured in his first match of the qualifying group in the final game against Jamaica and scored the only goal of the match to secure a spot in the World Cup for his team.
Molino calls it the best goal of his life, “I feel great because this is the most important goal in my life.”
He also admitted it was a tough qualifying group while thanking Coach Anton Corneal for believing in them, “It was a tough qualifying group throughout for the team. I had only played against the Jamaicans and I they are really tough.”
“Coach never gave up on us after we lost our first two matches. He motivated us a lot on moving on from the losses and I think that helped the team a lot,” he said.
The Jabloteh player also praised his Pro League Club for his development, “My Club, San Juan Jabloteh had a lot to do with my development during my U-14 and U-16 stages which helped me a lot as a player and all my hard work has paid off now with the national team,” said the young national hero.
Team captain and Defence Force player Ryan O’Neil also stated they were not going to the World Cup to make up numbers.
“I assure you, at Korea we would do our best,” said the lanky Defence Force defender.
O’Neil also admitted it was a tough run for his team in the qualifiers but a strong team spirit and the physical strength of the team helped them get the results they needed.
He said, “It took a team effort to win our last two matches and qualify after going down in our first two matches. I think our fitness helped a lot in our comeback to earn a spot in the World Cup. As team captain everyone looked to me to set the example and before our last two matches I told the guys, don’t drop your heads, lets go out and win these matches,” said the young Pro League player.
O’Neil is now delighted on his team’s achievement saying, “I feel great as part of the first U-17 team from Trinidad and Tobago to qualify for an Under-17 World Cup,” he ended with an exhausted smile. 

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Re: U-17 players looking to prove worth at World Cup stage
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 07:09:45 PM »
Dare I say the next Latapy??
Warrior For Life !!

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 07:20:19 PM »

Please don't, how many players have we dubbed the next coming of russell latapy, every last one has fallen short. Let d young players make their own name.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 08:00:58 PM »
Da story mek me feel real good dread. Reeaaaaaaaaaaal good. Wish ah could have seen da goal.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 08:13:46 PM »

Please don't, how many players have we dubbed the next coming of russell latapy, every last one has fallen short. Let d young players make their own name.

Holl on Bago, g is right, leh we exercise some restrain wid dat title til somebody really reach dat stage, ah know yuh doh mean no harm doh, like most of us yuj jus hopin for dat true 2nd comin  :devil:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 10:11:04 PM »
watched them on Spalk tonight....
good show...

them fellas lookin tired though..must be eh sleep yet!
lol
glad for dem jed..couldnt pull maself away from the tv and i hadda be studyin for exams yes!

but we hadda get that Tune they sing b4 the games in a d/l format jed...it bad...
eh know if they make it up or is a War cry they usin...

i remember Malick in my das one...tink they still have it
"everywhere we go..ppl want to know
who we r, so we tell them...."

and i never hear that KEs tune..but it bad!!!
eiter i need to listen to radio more or we real bad in that aspect still..
yet to hear his tune from the WC soundtrack!

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 10:17:49 PM »
PLEASE someone tell me CNC 3 showin the game sometime soon???

finally see the first clip from that tournament which was Molino's goal...real good goal too

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 01:20:17 PM »
I believe once this team is kept together and prepare well by playing competitive opposition then they are bound to do well at the world cup

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 02:17:03 PM »
PLEASE someone tell me CNC 3 showin the game sometime soon???

finally see the first clip from that tournament which was Molino's goal...real good goal too

what clip?

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 03:31:29 PM »
they showed the goal Molino scored against Jamaica on Spalk....and anil real ponging the man
he real quiet jed

but i really hopin cnc 3 show d game ...sprtsmax should...

1]; } ?>