March 28, 2024, 12:32:47 PM

Author Topic: UEFA Champions League Best Games  (Read 3440 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
UEFA Champions League Best Games
« on: May 09, 2007, 09:47:33 AM »
I just came across highlights of the 1996-1997 CL final between Juventus and Borussia Dortmund.
That was a boss game.

Andy Moller was a boss, Matthias Sammer was a boss, Riedle was a boss.
Juventus had Del Piero, Alen Boksic, Zidane, Di Livio, Vieri, Peruzzi, Ferrara.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0sl2zGrD5U

1994-1995 Final Ajax Amsterdam vs AC Milan

Not such a great game but remarkable becuz of the age of the Ajax team.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InC4VlhnGME

Edit:
Oh yeh, ah meant to say, if you have links to the videos, please post them!!!

« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 03:45:12 PM by Peong »

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Re: UEFA Champions League Best Games
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 10:21:34 AM »
Neither of these finals are nail bitting. They are good old school games but not nail bitting as 1999 (Man Utd vs Buyer Munich) or 2005 (Liverpool vs Milan).

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 10:29:57 AM »
Neither of these finals are nail bitting. They are good old school games but not nail bitting as 1999 (Man Utd vs Buyer Munich) or 2005 (Liverpool vs Milan).

Kingman
i was now goin to post that, doh forget d man utd vs juventus clash semifinal in 1999 and d barcenla vs man utd game when rivaldo hit d bycicle kick
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 10:47:27 AM »

Kingman

Kingman..there was nothing nailbiting about the 1999 final and it was not a classic. ManU fans can say it was nailbiting because they were losing. That final is just remembered for ManU's astonishing finish, after looking very ordinary all game and being outplayed by Bayern. ManU never got going. Exciting finish but ManU basically stole a game with 2 examples of predatory finishing that their overall play did not suggest would happen..hence the reason why I wouldn't call it nailbiting unless you were a ManU fan hoping for the best. If the game was back and forth or manU was applying a lot of pressure throughout..that would be one thing. They won becasue Bayern couldn't finish and ManU played good football for about 3 minutes. Not a game a neutral would ever care to rewatch...unlike a true classic...like the other one you mentioned...Liverpool v Milan 2005. Ecstatic that ManU won tho'.

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 10:49:48 AM »
One of the best games that certainly stand out in memory was the last clash between real and manchester at old trafford in 2003. The game ended 4-3 in Man U's favour but mostly remembered for a superb hattrick by ronaldo and it was the last european game becks for man u after his clash with fergie>>

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 10:53:02 AM »

Kingman

Kingman..there was nothing nailbiting about the 1999 final and it was not a classic. ManU fans can say it was nailbiting because they were losing. That final is just remembered for ManU's astonishing finish, after looking very ordinary all game and being outplayed by Bayern. ManU never got going. Exciting finish but ManU basically stole a game with 2 examples of predatory finishing that their overall play did not suggest would happen..hence the reason why I wouldn't call it nailbiting unless you were a ManU fan hoping for the best. If the game was back and forth or manU was applying a lot of pressure throughout..that would be one thing. They won becasue Bayern couldn't finish and ManU played good football for about 3 minutes. Not a game a neutral would ever care to rewatch...unlike a true classic...like the other one you mentioned...Liverpool v Milan 2005. Ecstatic that ManU won tho'.

That is your view!!

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 10:58:46 AM »

Kingman

nah not d final they had meet in d group stage earlier on i think york had score a dread header. dread all d games that yorke play in quarter finals to semifinals that man utd play, against inter milan, barcenlona, and bayern and juventus were some sweet games
Youtube Channel

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 11:02:37 AM »
That 3-3 Man U Barca game in 99 was one of the best I ever saw
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 11:04:18 AM »
I can't say best but probably most memorable.
Real Madrid V Monaco when Fernando Morientes was playing for them

AC Milan V Liverpool
Man U V Bayern.
Inter V Arsenal
Monaco V Chelsea (when Morientes was playing for them)
Monaco V Real Madrid (as as above)
AC Milan V PSV (I just remember this for a strike Coco scored and you knew it was going in, PSV still lost though)
Dortmund when they had the Digusting kit lol and Monaco when they had Henry and Trezeguet.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 11:06:40 AM by Serial Gum Bumper »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 11:04:47 AM »
That 3-3 Man U Barca game in 99 was one of the best I ever saw

That was good too, there were TWO 3-3 games I believe.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 12:35:18 PM »
A real good game for me was Valencia vs Lazio in......2000 when Gerard scored a hattrick.
Game end up 5-2 to Valencia.

Ah was backin Valencia.  That Mendieta - Lopez combination was deadly in those days.
Lazio was a real big side, Nedved, Veron, Mihailovic, Boksic, Salas, Diego Simeone, Stankovic.

This isn't really a best game, but a best performance, Dynamo Kiev vs Barcelona in Kiev, Shevchenko scored a hattrick and Kiev won 4-0.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 01:11:23 PM by Peong »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 12:44:38 PM »

Kingman

That is your view!!

Kingman

dat final was mess. i am sure most agree that was their worst performance of that CL campaign. but the comeback is folklore  :beermug:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 12:46:40 PM »
Who remember the memorable game between Chelsea and Barca in 2001, when Rivaldo make mass. He even missed a penalty and stepped up and took the next one. What a game.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 02:28:33 PM »
Look at alyuh Nah have a whole thread to champions league games....

Why alyuh ent create the best PFL games thread too...the best Toyota Cup Classic...or best FCB Cup :devil:  :devil:

Alyuh only talkin bout Uefa, La liga, epl

Talk bout PFL...that is WE ting and WE Culture and We Superstars.

Why ALyuh doe talk bout Jab vs Con 2007

Jab vs Con 2006

Or N.E Stars vs Con 2005

and I ent know how alyuh could not mention Tobago United coming from 2 goals down to draw against defence force 2-2.  :devil: :devil:

Yuh mean alyuh cyar remember Arnett Gardens vs Jabloteh or Chicago Fire vs Jab or Joe Public vs DC United

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :rotfl: :rotfl: :devil: :devil:

p.s. For those who ent ketch this post...lemme read and spell for alyuh. I being sarcastic.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 02:36:03 PM »
What about the Chelsea versus Barcelona at the Nou Camp when Chelsea win 4-2..

That game had everything, plus one of the goals of the century...

That and the Real vs Man Utd when Ronaldo score the hat trick was 2 of the most exciting games in recent memory,

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 03:00:41 PM »
A great knockout tie in 2004, Deportivo lost 4-1 in Milan then won 4-0 in Spain.
Great comeback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jezNvYfB4Nk

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 03:05:01 PM »
Leeds and Newcastle a few years back had some good games..but maybe they were more nailbiting and tense than attractive.
hopefully this year Liverpool ent go need penalties to beat Milan again  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 03:08:48 PM »
One of the best games that certainly stand out in memory was the last clash between real and manchester at old trafford in 2003. The game ended 4-3 in Man U's favour but mostly remembered for a superb hattrick by ronaldo and it was the last european game becks for man u after his clash with fergie>>

Yes I was looking out for someone to mention that. That game was something else...attacking football all around. That was the height of the 'champange football' Madrid was playing under Del Bosque.

Look de highlights of the game and Ronaldo hattrick here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbA8sM9bEU

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 03:35:40 PM »
Look at alyuh Nah have a whole thread to champions league games....

Why alyuh ent create the best PFL games thread too...the best Toyota Cup Classic...or best FCB Cup :devil:  :devil:

Alyuh only talkin bout Uefa, La liga, epl

Talk bout PFL...that is WE ting and WE Culture and We Superstars.

Why ALyuh doe talk bout Jab vs Con 2007

Jab vs Con 2006

Or N.E Stars vs Con 2005

and I ent know how alyuh could not mention Tobago United coming from 2 goals down to draw against defence force 2-2.  :devil: :devil:

Yuh mean alyuh cyar remember Arnett Gardens vs Jabloteh or Chicago Fire vs Jab or Joe Public vs DC United

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :rotfl: :rotfl: :devil: :devil:

p.s. For those who ent ketch this post...lemme read and spell for alyuh. I being sarcastic.

yuh like to poke fire eh lol  :devil:  :D
Youtube Channel

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 03:39:50 PM »
 I would have to say Barca vs  Man U  when Rivaldo hit the bicycle...The Juve vs Dortmund was a great one too...Dortmund cut their tail though...Real Madrid vs Man U 2003 I think was a great one...Real vs Munich 2002...So many

1]; } ?>