April 27, 2024, 08:54:00 AM

Author Topic: If YOU Could Choose...  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
If YOU Could Choose...
« on: May 10, 2007, 10:40:58 AM »
Who would you choose for each position in the TTFF?

Who would you keep, if anyone? (example: Philips)

Who would you get rid of? (No need to call names... don't have enough time either)

Would you pay the suing player's their money? If so, who and would you pay them their full?

What would your focus be? Advertising more young talented Trini's to the top flight foreign leagues or would you put more emphasis on bringng quality players to the local league?

We also need a big time sponser for the league, a sponser who will throw out rel bills... who could that be?? Alcoa?? (I am indeed against the smelter, but hey...)

We all give the TTFF alot of stick, especially me, myself and I, however... if you were in the driving seat what would you do?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: If YOU Could Choose...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 05:47:20 PM »
Good questions, Jefferz.

How do you ensure that the TTFF members that you elect are neutral? You would need people with certain business qualities to make sure TTFF don't go bust. But you would also need people with an inside knowledge of football, both local and international. Maybe a well regarded politician who knows how to be diplomatic. A representative from FPATT to ensure players interests are considered (not just financial, but rule changes, development etc) Someone who can look at the youth development programme. Obviously thats looking good with the U17s, but money should be ploughed into really young kids from 8 upwards.

I would appoint an overseas scout to look at guys born abroad, but with T&T blood. I know FPATT have been seeking English based players with T&T parents/grandparents. (Then we won't have to drag players off the streets of England!)

Of course the players should be paid whats owed to them, but the amount needs to be determined by checking TTFF accounts.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 06:11:59 PM »
Of course the players should be paid whats owed to them, but the amount needs to be determined by checking TTFF accounts.

boy that is d biggest mystery of all time, to get to see that account
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 06:18:54 PM »
Is there no access to these accounts through a freedom of information law?

Don't TTFF have to publish yearly accounts?

Who is TTFF accountable to? FIFA? CONCACAF?

Does anybody know the answers?

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 06:22:50 PM »
Sometimes i wonder how hard it is for an Football Organization like TTFA to be organize. Since i following Football as a child is always conflict i hearing about the TTFA. If i could choose i change the entire managment of that organization.  ;D

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 06:28:20 PM »
can't be that difficult, Skins. Think the hardest part is covering your tracks!!

Its real easy to rob a bank, its getting away without being caught thats difficult!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 09:42:18 PM »
Jack said on Spalk they saw the books.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 01:59:34 AM »
Don't think they saw the actual books.From what I recall, they saw a spreadsheet and didn't think the figures were accurate. Anyone can put figures on a spreadsheet, its not an official audited account.

If you send a spreadsheet to your tax office, if they think it is suspicious, they ask you for proof.

To end the dipute, TTFF need to provide complete audited accounts showing income and expenditure.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 03:27:05 AM »
Fire the entire lot and let everyone interview for their job again.

Transparent accounts done and audited by KPMG, Price etc

open bidding for contracts (drinks concessions etc)

Pay the players their money and wipe the slate clean

Organize tounaments and tours with overseas clubs showcasing our local talent.

Start a T&T supporters club such as done by the FA in England, which provides income as well as stoping all the crap with getting tickets etc.

put in plave an effective youth development program modelled on clubs such as Ajax (one of the best in the world)
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

1]; } ?>